If you are looking for the Android Best Food Tracking App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Android Best Food Tracking App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Android Best Food Tracking App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Android Best Food Tracking App
1. Calorie Counter – MyNetDiary
“Are you looking for a calorie counter, food log, macros tracker, or a comprehensive and effective diet plan? Meet MyNetDiary – sleek, smart, simple. It’s the most personal weight-loss, diet, and nutrition assistant. Get fit and stay healthy with MyNetDiary!
Ranked #1 in Best Calorie Counter Apps of 2022 by Forbes Health, ahead of all other diet apps.
Selected by Today’s Dietitian Magazine for its Popular Weight Loss Apps list alongside WW and Noom.
Rated #1 by the American Journal of Preventive Medicine. The best all-around healthy lifestyle app. The New York Times calls it “simpler… quicker… also, it looks nicer” compared to similar apps.
Unlike other diet apps, MyNetDiary is simple, straightforward, includes generous free features, and has no ads. The free calorie counter version is totally sufficient for successful weight loss.
MyNetDiary does not force anything on you. You can choose a diet, follow gentle tips prepared by our registered dietitians and virtual coach advice, or turn them off to enjoy MyNetDiary as simply the best calorie counter app in the world. All the help and all the tools without judgment.
MyNetDiary has the largest verified food database with over 1.2 million items – the most reliable food tracker ever! Pro Tip: Diet apps that boast tens of millions of food items are actually saying that much of their databases are duplicated and out-of-date items.
● Active members lose an average of 1.4 lbs. each week
● Over 15 million members–masses who switched from other apps
If you still have doubts, just read and compare recent user reviews of MyNetDiary and other apps, and you’ll see the difference.
A few of the free version features:
● Robust foods mega-database validated and updated daily with restaurants, grocery stores, special diets, and ethnic foods
● Lighting-fast food entry with barcode scanner and instant search, taking only seconds to log your foods
● Exercise tracking with over 500 exercises supported
● Daily coaching messages and tips
● Customizable dashboard – you control how the app looks and works
● Google Fit and Samsung Health integration
● Custom foods and recipe editor
● Snazzy water tracker
● Gentle, optional meal and weigh-in reminders
● Diet/nutrition articles and blog libraries
If you need more support, MyNetDiary Premium provides all the guidance and features you may need. At your fingertips, you’ll find:
● Premium Diets, including low-carb, keto, high-protein, Mediterranean, vegetarian, and more – with diet planners, guides, and feedback
● Autopilot – automatically adjusts your budgets, guiding you to your goal weight
● 500+ easy, full-flavored Premium Recipes by RDs
Premium Menus and Menu Planner help you take control of your foods and balance your nutrition
● Web recipe import tool – easily load your favorite recipes and calculate complete nutritional information
● Recipe database with over 370,000 dishes
● Calorie and macros tracker, supports macros cycling
● Robust integrations with fitness trackers, such as Fitbit, Garmin, and Withings
● Nutrition tracker planning and tracking up to 35 nutrients
● Diet tracker with built-in analysis and feedback to improve your diet
● Interactive reports and charts
REGISTERED DIETITIAN BLOG, LIBRARY, AND COMMUNITY
● Read about the latest diet science from our RD team
● Learn safe, successful dieting and calorie tracker techniques”
2. Calorie Counter – MyFitnessPal
“MyFitnessPal gives you access to the biggest food database available with accurate nutrition facts for over 14 million foods.Easily log everything you eat to your food diary for detailed insights about your nutrition. It’s a free nutrition tracker, calorie tracker, and macro tracker in one!
And with an engaged online community of 200 million members, you’ll find endless inspiration and advice as you strive to find your healthy—whether you want to lose weight, improve fitness, change your diet, optimize macros, or keep your nutrition & calories on track.
MyFitnessPal isn’t just a meal tracker—or for counting calories. You’ll learn about your habits… get empowered to make smarter choices… and find the motivation to get healthy, stay healthy, and conquer all your goals.
Download and start your free 30-day Premium trial to gain access to exclusive food and fitness logging tools and expert guidance!
Discover why MyFitnessPal is the #1 Diet and Nutrition App in the U.S., a GQ 2020 Fitness Awards “Best Fitness App”, and has been a featured weight loss app in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, and U.S. News & World Report.
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH MYFITNESSPAL?
Being a MyFitnessPal member is like having a dietitian, trainer, and coach at your fingertips.
■ Log Food & Activity – Keeping a fitness and food log is one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
■ Set Goals – Customize your personal weight loss, weight gain, weight maintenance & fitness goals.
■ Track Your Progress – See today’s progress at a glance, or analyze nutrition & calories in detail.
■ Learn From Experts – Hit your goals faster with guided Meal Plans from a registered dietitian.
■ Stay Inspired – 250+ healthy recipes and 150+ workouts keep routines fresh and fun.
And so much more!
A CLOSER LOOK AT NUTRITION TRACKER TOOLS
■ Biggest Food Database – Log to your food diary from over 14 million items.
■ Fast & Easy Logging Tools – Type to search, add to your food log from history, or scan a barcode.
■ Calorie Tracker – Makes counting calories easy! Automatically calculate calories and follow your progress.
■ Macro Tracker – Automatic macro calculator shows carbs, fat & protein breakdown by gram or %. No need for a separate carb manager or protein tracker.
■ Custom Carb Counter Tools – Choose dashboards and settings to track your low-carb diet.
■ Nutrition Insights – Analyze nutrition intake and see how foods compare by calories and macros.
■ Custom Goals – Track calories by meal or day and set up nutrient and macro goals.
■ Personalized Dashboards – Choose from a calorie tracker or macro tracker, or pick your own nutrition stats.
■ Net Carbs Mode – Need a precision carb counter? Simplify your low carb diet: View net carbs instead of total carbs.
■ Connect 50+ Apps & Devices – Track activity from your Wear OS, Fitbit, and other smartwatch and fitness apps.
■ Track With Wear OS – View calories, macros, and water intake on your watch face.
3. Calorie Counter by Lose It!
“Lose It! is a calorie counter & food diary diet app that helps you stick to your diet and achieve weight loss that fits! Simply download the app, set your goals and track your diet, food and exercises to lose weight. Easily track macro, carb and calorie intake with Lose It! calorie counter & food diary app!
Since our launch in 2008 we have been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Today Show, Men’s Health, Women’s Health, CNET, Buzzfeed, CNN, Shape, Good Morning America, and more.
• 80+ million pounds of weight lost by our members (and counting)
• 27+ million searchable food items in our comprehensive international food library database
• 40+ million users who have started their weight loss journey with Lose It!
• 25+ macro nutrient, carb, calorie and health goals to choose from
• 3 days of calorie and diet tracking is all it takes to see a result in weight loss
Stay on track of your diet and calorie intake with Lose It! Calorie Counter. Whether it be a keto diet, vegan diet or anything in between, Lose It! will help you find weight loss that fits by tracking your macro, carb and calorie intake to reach your weight loss and health goals. Stop making excuses – start losing weight with Lose It!
HOW THE LOSE IT! CALORIE COUNTER & FOOD DIARY APP HELPS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY
Lose It! isn’t your average calorie counter and food & diary app. Lose It! uses the proven principles of calorie counting and tracking to help you succeed. To get started, input your profile details and we’ll calculate the daily calorie budget best for you. Next, easily track your food, weight, and activity and get ready to celebrate your weight loss victories. Gain insight on your macro, carb, protein, sugar, fat and overall calorie and food intake on a daily level. Stay on top of your keto, vegan, vegetarian or whole 30 diet! Change your calorie and diet habits and learn about your nutrition needs.
LOSE IT! CALORIE COUNTER FEATURES
• Barcode Scanner – quickly scan food barcodes or search our database to track your carb, macro and calorie intake.
• Snap It – Want to know your carb count? Log food by simply taking a photo of your food. Just tap the camera icon for food tracking and calorie counting in a snap.
• Track Nutrients – track more than just calories including macro, protein, water, carb, sugar, body measurements, sleep cycles, and more. Stay on top of your keto, vegan or vegetarian diet needs! Learn what nutrients you need along your weight loss journey.
• Fitness App Syncs – connect trackers, apps, and devices like Fitbit trackers, Misfit trackers, Garmin trackers, Withings scales, Google Fit, Healthkit, and more.
• Meal Planning & Targets – meal targets help you calculate suggested macro, carb, protein and overall calorie intake. Customize your diet and eating for personalized weight loss!
• Patterns – learn about your food and calorie intake habits with our exclusive personal insights to identify what is hindering or helping your weight loss progress.
• Recipes – customize your diet and weight loss journey with breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals you create yourself. Find easy food recipes for your Keto diet, vegan diet, vegetarian diet, Whole 30 – or any diet!
Download Lose It! Calorie Counter today and join our community of members helping us reach our mission to mobilize the world to healthy weight loss. No matter your diet needs or weight loss goals, Lose it! Calorie Counter can help you find weight loss that fits to achieve your health goals!
LOSE IT! SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
Lose It! basic is free, but you can upgrade to Premium for additional features.
4. Noom: Health & Weight
Psychology: Our curriculum uses evidence-based approaches and scientifically-proven principles such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to help people build sustainable habits that last a lifetime.
Technology: We’re constantly innovating and fine-tuning our platform to ensure our users—we like to call them Noomers—have access to the most effective healthcare tools in the market.
Human Coaching: Noomers can opt to be matched with one of our thousands of trained coaches, who help guide them along their health journeys and provide the support needed to achieve their goals.
Lose weight and keep it off for good. We’ll help you better understand your relationship with food, how to be more mindful of your habits, and give you the knowledge and support you need for long-lasting change.
– 1:1 coaching to help you achieve your personal health goals.
– 10-minute daily lessons that help you develop healthier habits.
– A diverse food database with over 1 million scannable barcodes.
– Health-tracking tools like weight logging, water tracking, and step counting.
– Hundreds of healthy, simple recipes that don’t require you to restrict your diet.
Manage daily stress and anxious thoughts. We’ll guide you, step by step, to mental wellness—and help you gain the emotional awareness
to live your happiest life.
– 1:1 coaching to encourage you and help you work through challenges.
– 10-minute daily lessons that help you develop coping mechanisms and build resilience.
– A variety of mindfulness-based techniques and skills, which you can put into practice right away.
– Mood logging to better understand your moods and measure progress.
Ready to join millions of other Noomers and take control of your health? Sign up for Noom today, and change your life for good.
For CCPA: “Do Not Sell” Policy for California Residents, please see https://www.noom.com/ccpa-do-not-sell/”
5. Zero – Simple Fasting Tracker
Zero’s advisory team includes some of the world’s leading doctors and researchers, including our Chief Medical Officer Dr. Peter Attia, who guides our fasting protocols and content creation.
Reach your healthy weight goals no matter what diet you follow – from keto, or low carb, to simple calorie counting – and unlock the full longevity benefits of fasting through Zero’s expert guidance and content.
FREE ZERO FEATURES
TIMER – Set your goal, start your timer, stay on track. We’ll be with you from start to finish with reminders and insights to keep you motivated.
LEARN – Fuel your fast with our ever-growing content library curated by Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Peter Attia.
STATISTICS – Chart your progress and map your journey with an all new calendar view. Sync with Google Fit to track health markers like weight and sleep to see how they evolve with your fasting practice.
JOURNAL – Reflect on how you feel during your fasts. We’ll graph your moods so you can track trends and adjust over time.
CHALLENGES – Opt into Challenges that align with your goals, invite friends, unlock Achievements, and stay motivated with guidance from our experts and the chance to win exclusive prizes.
ZERO PLUS PREMIUM FEATURES
Unlock all of the benefits of fasting with Zero Plus.
CUSTOM PLANS – Fast track your fasting goals with a personalized protocol and adaptive recommendations from our team of experts.
PREMIUM CONTENT – Cut through the noise with an exclusive, ever-growing library of videos, articles, audio segments, and Q&As from fasting experts like Dr. Peter Attia.
FASTING ZONES – Know what’s happening in your body so you can stay motivated to reach key metabolic milestones.
ADVANCED STATISTICS – See how your fasting practice correlates with other health markers like weight and heart rate. Spot trends and adjust your behavior to stay on target.
ASK ZERO – An expert in your pocket. Submit your fasting questions, then tune in for a chance to get answers from experts like Dr. Peter Attia.
CUSTOM PRESETS – When your fasting needs are more unique than our popular presets, you can create your own.
ADVANCED JOURNAL WITH IN-THE-MOMENT MOTIVATION – Feeling hungry? Log your mood and receive responsive content including exclusive Fasting Meditations.
With Zero you can quickly start your fast based on science from leading doctors and researchers.
• 16-HOUR FAST, or the 16:8 Intermittent Fast, used by celebrities when preparing for blockbuster films and millions of Zero users to manage weight.
• CIRCADIAN RHYTHM FAST, based on research by Dr. Satchin Panda (Salk Institute), this 13-hour fast starts around sunset to align your eating window with your body’s clock. Zero automatically calculates the daily sunset for you.
• 18-HOUR FAST, or 18:6 for more advanced fasters
• Other popular fasts include OMAD (one meal a day), 20:4 fast and custom fasts up to 7 days
• Unlock achievements to celebrate milestones and stay motivated
Choose your favorite fasting protocol and Zero will track your progress on your Android device with Google Fit integration to sync your weight and sleep.
Zero Plus terms:
Payment will be charged to the credit card connected to your Google Account when you subscribe. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Manage your subscription by going to your Account Settings.
Read more terms & conditions: