If you are looking for the Best Activity App For iPhone to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Activity App For iPhone that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Activity App For iPhone, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Activity App For iPhone
1. 3 Minute Mindfulness
Feel happier, calmer and more at peace in just 3 minutes.
The quick meditations and breathing exercises help you deal with stress, anxiety, overwhelm, sleep and more.
3 Minute Mindfulness has been seen in The Huffington Post, The Telegraph, Mashable, Gizmodo and more.
“3 Minute Mindfulness is a wonderful addition, and it helps me on a daily basis. The app reminds me to stop and breathe no matter what situation I find myself in.” – Karla, App Review
What actually is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is defined as paying attention in the present moment, without judgment. Put another way, Mindfulness is about noticing what is happening around you right now.
How do you practice Mindfulness?
There are many ways to practice mindfulness and bring yourself into the present moment, including meditations, breathing exercises, feeling for sensations and more!
For example, try taking a deep breath in through your nose… And breathe out through your mouth. Congratulations! You just did a Mindfulness exercise. In that moment you paid complete attention to your breath, without any judgments.
How will Mindfulness help?
Research has shown that mindfulness can help you:
– Improve sleep
– Reduce stress
– Relieve anxiety
– Increase number of positive feelings
– Calm your mind
– Increased focus
– The 7 Days of Mindfulness course. Learn practical mindfulness exercises that can be applied to your day to day life. There are 7 lessons, spread out over 7 days. Each lesson is approximately 3 minutes short!
– Guided meditations to help you reduce stress, relieve anxiety and even help you sleep. All in just 3 minutes!
– A range of breathing exercises that each have different benefits. They include Square Breathing (great for taking control of your mind), 4-7-8 Breathing (this has been called a natural tranquilliser, making it perfect for getting to sleep), and more! You can even create your own breathing exercises.
– Create your own reminders to be mindful
Connects to the Health App
3 Minute Mindfulness connects with the Health app to save all the time you spend being mindful.
Subscription Pricing and Terms
The app offers three auto-renewing ‘Premium’ subscription options which unlocks everything in the app:
Monthly: $6.99 per month
Semi Annually: $24.99 per 6 months
Yearly: $39.99 per year
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the price you purchased the subscription for.
Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription, where applicable.
Read more about our terms and conditions here –
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. ActivityTracker Pedometer
“The interface is clean and clear and will help you set achievable goals for fitness”
— MacWorld – bit.ly/MacWorldTop
“The main iPhone app is pretty and makes it easy to see your key stats, and the Watch app can help motivate you”
— TechRadar – bit.ly/TechRadarTop
ActivityTracker will keep track of your steps, active calories, distance, active time, and flights of stairs climbed just by carrying your iPhone or Apple Watch around, which you already do!
Research has shown that just by being more active you will also be healthier. Not everyone wants a vigorous exercise routine so just increasing your daily activity will get you in better shape. ActivityTracker will auto-magically quantify your daily and weekly activity and motivate you to be more active for free!
• Track your all-day activity without draining your battery (no GPS) or wearing a fitness gadget!
• Track your Steps, Active Calories, Distance, Active Time, and Floors Climbed;
• [New] Set the app to monitor what’s most important for you: Steps, Calories Burned, or Distance (PRO version);
• [New] Set individual Weekly Targets for: Steps, Calories Burned, and Distance (PRO version);
• [New] In-App Events. Get engaged by participating in our new monthly challenges!
• [New] Week Overview graph in Trends, with progress for the current week
• Track your Daily, Weekly and Monthly activities in great detail;
• Track your activity hour-by-hour in the Hourly view. Details such as steps, calories, distance, active time, and floors are shown per hour;
• Long-tap on any day in the Details > Days view to see details per hour for that day;
• [New] Long-tap on any week/month in the Details > Weeks/Months views will get you to the first day of that week/month;
• Since not all days are the same, we prefer a Weekly Target but we will also show you a daily goal based on your target;
• [New] Customize the interface with one of the seven Accent Colors (from which three are free);
• Import/export feature to save your data or move it to another iPhone (PRO version);
• Week Overview to review your last week’s progress at a glance (PRO version).
Apple Watch & Health
• Awesome Apple Watch app with: today’s overview, hour-by-hour stats & last 7 days!
• Independent Watch app for watchOS 6+ with independent Settings
• Synchronize steps between your iPhone, Apple Watch and Health app (PRO version);
• Apple Watch app Complications for at a glance stats on your Watch (PRO version);
• Import your historical data from Apple Health so you can have a complete overview of your activity from day one.
• Awesome Today widget with customizable statistics and colors!
• iMessage app for easily sharing your achievements with friends;
• App badge that shows the steps taken directly on the app icon;
• Full support for iOS 13+ Dark mode. ActivityTracker is actually the first pedometer app to offer a full dark-theme since June 2015!
• Daily & Weekly notifications that can easily be disabled in Settings;
• Progress notifications for target reached and target half-reached (PRO version).
• Streamlined Summary tab gives you an easy way to see your Activity History, Workouts, and Trends.
• View progress toward closing your Activity rings and see all-day Activity metrics like total steps and distance from the Activity app on Apple Watch.
• See details for your Move goal, including active calories, total calories, and a visual graph of your calorie burn throughout each day.
• See details for your Exercise goal, including exercise calories, total active time, and a visual graph of your exercise minutes throughout each day.
• See details for your Stand goal, including number of hours stood and idle hours.
• View your historical workouts from the Workout app or any third-party fitness apps on your Apple Watch. See important metrics from each workout including average pace, distance, calories burned, average heart rate, and more.
• See how your friends are doing and start a competition on the Sharing tab.
• View your Mindfulness activity and summaries of each Reflect and Breathe sessions.
Subscribe to Apple Fitness+ to unlock a new kind of fitness experience—powered by Apple Watch. One that dynamically integrates your personal metrics from your Apple Watch to inspire like no other workout in the world.
Apple Fitness+ is available in the Fitness app on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV—so you can take your Apple Watch workouts to the next level, wherever and whenever you’d like.
• Get access to premium 4K ultra high definition video workouts designed by the world’s most motivating trainers.
• See personal metrics like calories burned and heart rate displayed onscreen right as you exercise.
• Enjoy curated music that’s perfectly matched to your routine’s mood and energy.
• Get access to Time to Walk, a unique audio workout that lets you walk with some of the world’s most interesting and inspiring people as they share stories, photos and songs to keep you motivated and encourage you to walk more often.
• Mix up your fitness routine with dynamic programs like the Guest Trainer series and Artist Spotlight series.
• Find workouts specifically designed for beginners, pregnancy, and older adults.
• Continue your workout while you navigate other apps with support for Picture in Picture.
• Filter workouts by Trainer, Time, Music, and Equipment.
• One subscription includes 6 family members for just 9.99/month – with the first month free – no commitment. Cancel anytime by going to account setting and turning off auto-renew. *Apple Fitness+ not available in all territories.”
4. Google Fit: Activity Tracker
It’s hard to know how much or what kind of activity you need to stay healthy. That’s why Google Fit collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to bring you Heart Points, an activity goal that can help improve your health.
Activities that get your heart pumping harder have tremendous health benefits for your heart and mind. You’ll earn one Heart Point for each minute of moderate activity like picking up the pace when walking your dog, and double points for more intense activities like running. It takes just 30-minutes of brisk walking five days a week to reach the AHA and WHO’s recommended amount of physical activity shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, improve sleep, and increase overall mental wellbeing.
Google Fit will also help you:
SEE YOUR WORKOUTS
Get insights and see stats such as heart rate, speed, pace, route, and more for your runs, walks, and bike rides.
MONITOR YOUR GOALS
See your daily progress on your Heart Points and steps. Meeting your goals all the time? Easily adjust your goals to keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind.
MAKE EVERY MOVE COUNT
All physical activity can help you lead a healthier life, and with Google Fit you can track it all in one place. Working with your favorite fitness apps and devices, Google Fit builds a journal of your activity. And to make sure Fit never misses a workout, you can manually add any activity your other apps didn’t track – from Aerobics to Zumba!
CONNECT WITH YOUR FAVORITE APPS AND DEVICES
Google Fit can show you info from many of your favorite apps and devices that are compatible with Apple Health to give you a holistic view of your health, so you’ll never lose track of your progress. These include Lifesum, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Headspace, and more.
CHECK IN AT ANYTIME, FROM ANYWHERE
See a snapshot of your activity history across Google Fit and your integrated apps in your journal. Or, see the full picture in browse, where you can find all of your health and wellness data.
Learn more about Google Fit and see a list of supported apps at: https://www.google.com/fit”
MyFitnessPal has the biggest food database available, with over 14 million foods to help you accurately log everything you eat.
And with innovative tools like Meal Scan, logging your entire meal is faster than ever. Just point your phone’s camera for real-time, AI-powered results—no food search necessary!
Join our engaged online community of 200 million members for endless inspiration and advice as you strive to lose weight, get fit, or keep your nutrition & calories on track.
This is the app for you if you want to feel empowered to make smarter choices … find motivation & support throughout your journey … and conquer all your goals.
Download and start your free 30-day Premium trial to gain access to exclusive food and fitness logging tools and expert guidance.
You’ll discover why MyFitnessPal is the #1 Diet and Nutrition App in the U.S., a GQ 2020 Fitness Awards “Best Fitness App”, and has been featured in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, and U.S. News & World Report.
IT’S LIKE HAVING A DIETITIAN, TRAINER & COACH AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
• Log Meals & Activity – Innovative tools make food and workout logging quick & easy.
• Set Goals – Customize your personal weight, nutrition & fitness goals.
• Track Progress – See progress at a glance, or analyze your nutrition in detail.
• Learn From Experts – Hit your goals faster with daily coaching from Meal & Workout Plans.
• Stay Inspired – 250+ healthy recipes and 150+ workouts keep routines fresh & fun.
• Connect With Community – Find friends, motivation, and support in our active forums.
A CLOSER LOOK AT FEATURES & BENEFITS
Gain Valuable Insights Through Food Logging — Discover which foods fuel you best.
• Biggest Database – Log over 14 million foods.
• NEW! Meal Scan – Our latest logging innovation! Scan & log everything on your plate with your phone’s camera.
• Fast & Easy Logging Tools – Type to search, add from history, or scan a barcode.
• Calorie Tracker – Automatically calculate calories and see daily progress.
• Macro Tracker – View carbs, fat, and protein breakdown by gram or %.
• Nutrition Insights – Analyze intake and set specific goals for macros & more.
Fully Customize Your App Experience — Choose settings for your personal goals.
• Custom Goals and Personalized Dashboard – Track calories by meal or day, set up macro goals & more.
• Net Carbs Mode – View net carbs instead of total carbs.
• Exercise Calorie Settings – Decide how activity affects daily calorie goals.
• Connect 50+ Apps & Devices – Track activity from your smartwatch & fitness apps, including the Health app.
Build New Habits With 28-Day Expert-Guided Plans — Let us motivate you to eat healthy and get moving.
• Meal Plans by a Registered Dietitian – Nutrition tips & recipes customized for your goals, plus access to our Meal Planner tool!
Cook & Eat for Your Personal Goals — 250+ healthy recipes handpicked by our registered dietitian.
• Goal-Focused Collections – High Protein, Low Carb, Vegetarian & more.
• One-Tap Logging – Add recipes directly to your diary.
Train Like a Pro Wherever You Go — 150+ Self-Guided Workout Routines.
• Full-Length Video Workouts – Countdown timers from warmup to cooldown.
• Built by Certified Trainers – Demo videos, trainer tips & modifications.
SUBSCRIPTION PRICING & TERMS
MyFitnessPal is free to download and use. If you upgrade to MyFitnessPal Premium, we offer monthly & annual auto-renewing subscriptions.
Payment is charged to your credit card through your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription renews automatically unless you turn off auto-renewal in iTunes Account Settings after purchase, or cancel your subscription at least 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period.