If you are looking for the Best Android Always On Display App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Android Always On Display App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Android Always On Display App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Android Always On Display App
1. AOA: Always on Display
“Always on AMOLED (AOA) is a unique always on display which provides you with information about your notifications with edge lighting, clock, date, current weather, music control and much more right on your screen without having to touch your phone or tablet.
Our app is free and was designed to use 0% CPU, and low system resources while keeping your screen on to view all the important details.
• Themes – Default, One UI, Stickers
• Battery status display
• Multiple screen orientations
• Calendar view with events
• Root (Superuser) compatible
• Edge Lighting with custom colors and styles
• Fingerprint, and biometeric unlock
• SMS message reply
• Notch support
• Sketch pad to take notes, or draw on the go
• Compatible with all screens such as amoled, oled, lcd
• Curved edge option for square displays
• Notification with badge count
• Glance Display which activates only on notifications
• Time Rules for custom start/end times
• Interactive notifications with action buttons; Swipe left to dismiss, right to hide
• Many clocks such as animated, analog, or digital
• Screen brightness control
• HD Backgrounds
• launcher shortcuts such as calendar, flashlight, camera, calculator
• Fully customizable with many settings; Set colors, icons, fonts, text size
• Automatic rules for better battery life
• Auto movement to prevent AMOLED burn-in
• Pocket mode option
• Memo option with sticky notes
“NAVIGATION BAR SHOWING”
If you get this message when this app activates over lock screen “Touch input is blocked”, then please go to your device Settings -> Display, and uncheck/disable/toggle off “Block accidental touches”. This will allow the app to work as intended and wont show your bottom navigation bar or give you that warning again; Also WQHD+ resolution setting is recommended.
If you get the navigation buttons showing on the always on display then please go to your devices settings and search for acci and deactivated Mistouch prevention.
“APP NOT WORKING”
Sometimes your android device will decide to terminate the apps service randomly; In order to prevent this please check if your device has a battery manager and disable battery optimization for AOA.
* If your device is not in the list below, please do a Google Search for “background service apps stopping (Add your device name)”.
* If your having difficulties finding battery optimization; Try searching for “Battery Optimization” in your android settings.
** General Devices **
1. Go into device settings.
2. Apps & notifications.
3. Special app access.
4. Battery optimization.
5. Select the down arrow at the top and choose “All Apps”.
6. Select AOA.
7. Select Don’t Optimize.
** Specific Devices **
1. Open your Huawei smartphone’s battery settings.
2. Access the App launch settings on your Huawei.
3. Find AOA, and turn off its switch to “Manage manually.” You will immediately see a prompt where you are asked what kind of activities you want to allow the app to perform. To eliminate all issues, its a good idea to have all modes selected such as “Auto-launch,” “Secondary launch,” and “Run in background”.
1. Open the Settings menu on your Xiaomi device.
2. Tap Battery & performance from Settings.
3. Tap Manage apps battery usage.
4. Tap Choose apps from Manage apps’ battery usage.
5. Tap Installed apps and choose AOA.
6. Tap No restrictions.
1. Open the Settings on your OnePlus device and tap Advanced.
2. Tap Recent app management.
3. Tap Normal clear to clear task list and cache without clearing background process.
4. Lock AOA in Recent Apps.
1. Go into device Settings.
2. Search for Optimize Battery Usage.
3. Select All Apps from the drop down menu.
4. Toggle the switch to the off position for AOA from being automatically optimized.
“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” – John 14:6″
2. Always On AMOLED
The idea is to provide users with information about, time, date, notifications and more and all without having to touch the phone. Just by looking at it.
This is made possible thanks to AMOLED displays. Most of the screen stays black except for a few pixels.
• Always On Screen
• Notifications – view notifications without touching your device
• New: Now featuring raise to wake!
• New: Backgrounds and wallpapers!
• New: Edge glow for new notifications!
• New: Quick note taking! Quickly scribble or write from the always on display
• Music – control your music quickly and easily!
• Automatic rules – preserve battery using predefined rules
• Auto movement – avoid AMOLED burn-in
• Auto night mode – dim the screen automatically in dark environment
• View the weather at a glimpse
• Pocket mode – lock the device when you leave it in your pocket to save battery
• Custom watch faces – Digital S7 style, Classic 24H, Analog S7 style, Analog Pebble style and more!
• Always On Memo – write a reminder and make it show up on your screen all the time!
• Double tap to wake + Swipe up to wake + Volume keys to wake + Back button to wake
• Force orientation – set your preferred screen orientation
• Customization – Tons of customization options, fonts, clock styles and much more!
• Can be used as a night clock
• Tasker integration – Start/Stop the always on display, granting you infinite possibilities!
• Greenify integration – start Greenify automatically when locking the screen to save battery
• Force doze – activate doze when the screen is in the always on state
• So much more!
The app needs camera permission to toggle the flashlight
The app needs phone permission to recognize incoming calls, dismiss the always on screen and show the incoming call screen.
Modify system settings permission
The app needs permission to modify system settings to change the brightness of the lock screen.
** Note: For Xiaomi devices you will need to access the Security App -> Permissions -> Permissions -> Always On AMOLED -> Display pop-up window permission and Show on Lock screen.”
3. Enovix KLCK
★ 12 lock screens animated
★ Simple and beautiful interface
Remember that this app are only themes for KLCK, I hope you understand and please dont rate badly.
What do I need to use these themes?
You need to previously install the KLCK app and its respective key to unlock all functions.
▸ KLCK https://goo.gl/CmA5wB
▸ KLCK Key https://goo.gl/SwpNxc”
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”