If you are looking for the Best Android App For 5 Year Old to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android App For 5 Year Old that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android App For 5 Year Old, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android App For 5 Year Old
1. Moose Math by Duck Duck Moose
“Moose Math engages kids in a mathematical adventure and teaches counting, addition, subtraction, sorting, geometry and more. While playing 5 multi-level activities in the Moose Juice Store, Puck’s Pet Shop and Lost & Found, kids can earn rewards to help build their own city and decorate buildings. Moose Math introduces a new whimsical group of Duck Duck Moose characters, The Dust Funnies, who help with mastering math skills. Moose Math is aligned with Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten and 1st Grade and includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress and find additional skill-building activities. AGES: 3-7.
Moose Math features 5 engaging math activities:
1) MOOSE JUICE: Make smoothies while practicing counting, addition and subtraction
2) PAINT PET: Match the pets by counting the number of dots
3) PET BINGO: Solve addition, subtraction and counting problems to get BINGO
4) LOST & FOUND: Learn and sort through shapes and colors
5) DOT TO DOT: Help the Dust Funny find his way home by solving number patterns and joining the dots
Kids will learn the following math skills based on Common Core State Standards:
– Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities
– Solve word problems and algebraic thinking
– Practice number pattern recognition
– Count by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
– Master counting to 100
ADDITION & SUBTRACTION:
– Add and subtract by 1’s, 2’s, 5’s and 10’s
– Add and subtract up to 20
– Learn to add and subtract with numbers, dice and rekenrek racks
– Master geometry at Kindergarten and First Grade levels
– Learn to identify and recognize shapes
– Understand and compare lengths
PARENT REPORTING: Includes a Report Card section where parents and teachers can monitor progress and learn about new skill-building activities.
DEVELOPED WITH EDUCATORS:
– Developed in conjunction with Stanford University Educator, Jennifer DiBrienza, PhD in –
Early Elementary Education and former NYC public school teacher (K-Grade 2)
ABOUT DUCK DUCK MOOSE
(A wholly-owned subsidiary of Khan Academy)
Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for families, is a passionate team of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Founded in 2008, the company has created 21 top-selling titles and has received 21 Parents’ Choice Awards, 18 Children’s Technology Review Awards, 12 Tech with Kids’ Best Pick App Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
Khan Academy is a nonprofit with a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Duck Duck Moose is now part of the Khan Academy family. Like all Khan Academy offerings, all Duck Duck Moose apps are now free, without ads or subscriptions. We rely on our community of volunteers and donors. Get involved today at www.duckduckmoose.com/about.
Check out the Khan Academy app to learn and practice all kinds of topics for elementary school through college and beyond.
We’d love to hear from you! Visit us at www.duckduckmoose.com or drop us a line at email@example.com.”
2. Google Family Link
“Try the Family Link parental controls app from Google. Whether your children are younger or in their teens, the Family Link app lets you set digital ground rules remotely from your own device to help guide them as they learn, play, and explore online. For children under 13 (or the applicable age of consent in your country), Family Link also lets you create a Google Account for your child that’s like your account, with access to most Google services.
With Family Link parental controls, you can:
Guide them to good content
• View their app activity – Not all screen time is the same. Help your child make healthy decisions about what they do on their Android device, with activity reports showing how much time they’re spending on their favorite apps. You can see daily, weekly, or monthly reports.
• Manage their apps – Handy notifications let you approve or block apps your child wants to download from the Google Play Store. You can also manage in-app purchases, and hide specific apps on their device, all remotely from your own device.
• Feed their curiosity – It can be hard to figure out what apps are right for your child, so Family Link shows you teacher-recommended apps on Android that you can add directly to their device.
Keep an eye on screen time
• Set limits – It’s up to you to decide the right amount of screen time for your child. Family Link lets you set time limits and a bedtime for their supervised devices, so you can help them find a good balance.
• Lock their device – Whether it’s time to go play outside, have dinner, or just spend time together, you can remotely lock a supervised device whenever it’s time to take a break.
See where they are
• It’s helpful to be able to find your child when they’re on the go. You can use Family Link to help locate them as long as they’re carrying their Android device.
• Family Link’s tools vary depending on your child’s device. See a list of compatible devices at families.google.com/familylink/setup
• While Family Link helps you manage your child’s purchases and downloads from Google Play, they will not need approval to install app updates (including updates that expand permissions), apps you have previously approved, or apps that have been shared in Family Library. Parents should regularly review their child’s installed apps and app permissions in Family Link.
• You should carefully review the apps on your child’s supervised device and disable those you don’t want them to use. Note that you may not be able to disable some pre-installed apps.
• To see the location of your child or teen’s device, it must be powered on, recently active, and connected to the internet.
• Teacher-recommended apps are only available on Android devices in the US to parents of children of certain ages.
• While Family Link provides tools to manage your child’s online experience, it does not make the internet safe. Rather, it is intended to give parents choices about how their kids use the internet, and encourage conversations about internet use.”
ABCmouse is the award-winning learning program that covers reading, math, art, music, and more for kids ages 2 to 8. Created by teachers and education experts, it has 10,000+ exciting Learning Activities for children at all academic levels.
The ABCmouse Early Learning Academy is the research-validated program that kids 2–8 love to play with as they learn:
• Full standards-based curriculum for learning on mobile devices
• Trusted by teachers and designed by early learning education experts
• Used in more than 70,000 classrooms and in nearly half of all U.S. public libraries
• 10 levels, over 850 lessons, and 10,000+ individual Learning Activities
• All academic subjects for toddlers, preschool, kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade
• Accelerates children’s development of early literacy and math skills
• Helps ensure kindergarten readiness and 3rd grade readiness
• Covers math, reading, science, social studies, art, and music across all levels
• Thousands of books, videos, puzzles, printable activities, songs, games, and animations
• 900+ books and activities in Spanish
• Customizable Avatar, My Room, My Hamster, and Pet Park features
• Step-by-Step Learning Path and independent learning
• Great for homeschoolers and learning on the go
• Easy to track and monitor progress
• Winner of prestigious Mom’s Choice GOLD, Teachers’ Choice, and Parents’ Choice GOLD Awards
• 100% safe and kid-friendly environment!
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
See our full Terms and Conditions at:
4. PBS KIDS Games
“The PBS KIDS Games app makes learning fun and safe with amazing games featuring favorites like Daniel Tiger, Wild Kratts, Donkey Hodie, Alma’s Way, and more! Play hundreds of free educational games designed for your child and watch as they learn with their favorite PBS characters.
Your child can play and learn with PBS KIDS in English and Spanish thanks to familiar faces like Alma, Cat in the Hat, and Curious George. Download games and play from the safety of your home or anywhere you take your device and keep the fun going offline.
Your child will learn and play in a safe, kid friendly interface, making preschool and early elementary education fun and easy. Start your child’s learning adventure today!
NEW GAMES ADDED WEEKLY
* Kids will keep learning and having fun with new games added frequently
* Build STEM skills with science, engineering, and math puzzles
* Play games geared to help with social concepts like kindness, mindfulness, and emotions
* Foster healthy habits by learning daily routines
* Spark creativity and imagination with art games
LEARNING GAMES FOR GRADE SCHOOL EDUCATION
* 200+ FREE curriculum-based games for kids ages 3-8
* Explore mazes, puzzles, play dress-up, coloring, and more
* Encourage early learning with educational games for kids in different school subjects
* Science games
* Math games
* Reading games
* Art games
* And more!
PLAY GAMES FROM PBS SHOWS
* Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood
* Wild Kratts
* Donkey Hodie
* Alma’s Way
* Odd Squad
* Pinkalicious & Peterrific
* Elinor Wonders Why
* Let’s go Luna
* Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum
* Scribbles and Ink
* Curious George
* Molly of Denali
* Cat in the Hat
* Sesame Street
* Nature Cat
SAFE GAMES DESIGNED FOR KIDS
* PBS KIDS Games provides a safe, friendly playing experience for toddlers and kids
* Play mini games that boost imagination and allow kids to learn with beloved PBS KIDS characters
* Download games and play offline! Kids can easily browse and play at home, on the road, or anywhere they go
PLAY IN ENGLISH OR SPANISH
* Multilingual kids will enjoy playing with favorite PBS characters in English and Spanish
* Kids can play games in English or Spanish with Alma, Curious George, and Cat in the Hat
* Learn more about PBS TV shows, such as intended age and learning goals
* Find your local PBS KIDS station schedule
* Download related PBS KIDS apps to expand your child’s learning
* Manage the app’s device storage for offline fun
Play fun school grade games and join your kids on an educational adventure alongside their favorite PBS KIDS characters with the PBS KIDS Games app!
Download PBS KIDS Games and start learning and playing today!
ABOUT PBS KIDS
PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers all children the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television, digital platforms, and community-based programs. PBS KIDS Games is a key part of PBS KIDS’ commitment to making a positive impact on the lives of children through curriculum-based media—wherever kids are. More free PBS KIDS games are also available online at pbskids.org/games. You can support PBS KIDS by downloading other PBS KIDS apps in the Google Play Store.
* Kidscreen Award Winner (2021): Preschool – Best Game App
* Parents’ Choice Recommended Mobile App (2017)
5. Endless Alphabet
“Set the stage for reading success with this delightfully interactive educational app. Kids will have a blast learning their ABC’s and building vocabulary with the adorable monsters in Endless Alphabet. Each word features an interactive puzzle with talking letters and a short animation illustrating the definition. Before you know it, your child will be using words like gargantuan and cooperate! Try it for free today!
– 100 words to explore and learn. Please note that this app comes free with 7 word puzzles and animations. A one-time in-app purchase will unlock the rest.
– Delightful animations teach children the definitions of the words in a fun and engaging way.
– Word game teaches children letters.
– Endless Alphabet was designed with your children in mind. There are no high scores, failures, limits or stress. Your child can interact with the app at their own pace.”