If you are looking for the Best Android App For Audio to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Audio that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Audio, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Audio
1. Onkyo HF Player
“Important Notice: For customers using Android 11 or higher
On Android 11 or higher, the access right to the storage has been strengthened, and you can only access the folder which you selected. Please add all the folders where music files exist on the “Music Folders” selection screen displayed after the update. Note that the following folders cannot be added due to the specifications of the OS, so select another folder.
・Root folder of an internal storage volume
・Root folder of an external storage volume (e.g. SD card)
For customers who have already updated, you can reset the configuration of the music folder from “Settings” – “Hi-Res Library” – “Music Folders”. If you add music folders by the above procedure, existing music and playlist data will be inherited as they are. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by changing the procedure and thank you for your understanding.
Get greater control of how music sounds on your Android device with our touch-adjustable linear-phase FIR equalizer, which offers 16,384 discrete bands of HD equalization with zero loss in audio quality. Create and save your own EQ presets or select an optimized filter created by professional musicians. HF Player for Android also enables playback of Hi-Res Audio formats including FLAC, 192 kHz/24-bit WAV, and DSD at no extra charge.
Enjoy stunning audio quality anywhere you like by adding an Onkyo DAC-HA200 or DAC-HA300, Pioneer XPA-700 D/A Converter and Headphone Amplifier to enable a direct-digital connection to your AOA 2.0 (Android Open Accessory)-compatible Android device via USB cable. OTG (On The Go) cables facilitate a digital connection to USB audio-compatible external devices—simply purchase our Unlock Application and update to the full-featured version of Onkyo HF Player for Android to enable Hi-Res Audio output.
Note: Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz output via the headphone connection, AOS connection, digital connections via OTG cable (free version only) is downsampled to 44.1 kHz.
• Updated user interface
• Music lyrics supported by petit lyrics
• High-precision equalizer (16,384 discrete bands, linear-phase FIR filter)
• Automatic upsampling function
• Crossfade playback option
• Album artwork and song lyric display
• Repeat function (songs within a list)
• Resume Playback Function
• Shuffle function (within a list)
• Tab based sorting, such as Artist name, Album name, Playlist, etc. Tab order can be arranged in settings
• Folder based playback
• Scrobble with Last.fm
• Selectable equalizer presets optimized by musicians for Onkyo headphones
• Easily add songs to playlists and Up Next list
• Playlist creation and editing
• Real-time DSD conversion function (supported on paid version)
• Volume control function for USB-audio-compatible external hardware using volume keys of Android devices
• Link into OnkyoMusic(where available) and download purchased music directly
• Replay Gain (supported on paid version)
• Real-time volume normalizer (supported on paid version)
• Subscription music service AWA
– Login, Music list(FOR YOU/ FOCUS/ FAVORITES/ TRENDS), Streaming Playback
• MP3, ALAC (up to 48 kHz)
• DSF/DSD-IFF [DSD(2.8 MHz) / Double-rate DSD(5.6 MHz) / Quad-rate DSD(11.2 MHz), DoP / PCM conversion
• FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF(up to 384 kHz), Ogg-Vorbis (up to 192 kHz)
Note: Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz is downsampled to 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Requires Android 5.0 or later.
* Operation of this application is not guaranteed for all devices.”
2. Spotify Greenroom: Talk live
“Talk about the topics you love and discover new exciting ones with Spotify Greenroom; it’s where culture happens. Our new live audio experiences let artists, athletes and fans chat, share opinions, and connect within the community. Turn your conversations into exciting podcasts – it couldn’t be easier.
Discover conversations about your favorite music, fantasy sports picks and so much more. We’re breaking down the barriers to bring fans and creators closer together to communicate about the big moments, or sub-cultures they love — if it’s out there, get into it here.
Talk, listen and create through live audio rooms with Spotify Greenroom:
• Listen to, speak on, or host live conversations – anyone is welcome.
• Discover favorite topics easily: Music, sports, culture & more.
• Find your people: Discuss things you love with people who share your passion.
• Create your own rooms: Start your own conversations and speak on any topic.
• Get notified of ‘live rooms’ and add them to your calendar so you don’t miss a thing!
• Turn your live talk into a podcast for people to listen back to later.
Browse music, sports, culture & more
• Browse groups on any subject, from music genres and artists to sports & football teams, favorite TV shows & films — anything that causes the world to connect.
• Select your favorite topics and we’ll notify you about upcoming live rooms you can join.
Live audio rooms for unique audio experiences
• Each of our audio rooms has a host, speakers and listeners for live audio — as well as a chat function if chosen.
• See upcoming rooms and add them to your calendar so you don’t miss exciting audio experiences.
Find your people and create a community
• Enter live rooms to listen and chat about the things you love with artists, athletes, and people who share your passion.
• Give gems when a host or speaker says something that you connect with, and earn gems too.
Be your own creator
• It’s easy to create live audio rooms and start your own conversations — select a group, start the chat, then see who tunes in.
• Creators can get paid to speak and share their passion through ‘creator funds’ — weekly payouts for attracting large audiences and providing popular content and audio experiences!
Turn your live talk into a podcast with Spotify Greenroom
• Choose to record your live talks as a podcast to post in the future.
• Artists, athletes and fans can turn live rooms into a podcast, letting people discover, listen back and share later.
Download Spotify Greenroom today to start talking and listening live on all your favorite topics. It’s where culture happens – get the app for free, and sign up or simply log in with your regular Spotify account!
Talk. Listen. Repeat — find out more at www.spotifygreenroom.com, or connect and speak with us on social:
3. Wondery – Premium Podcast App
Enjoy our newest content – Dr. Death Season 3: Miracle Man, Killer Psyche, The Vaping Fix, The Grand Scheme : Snatching Sinatra and In God We Lust!
For True Crime fans, we have classics such as The Apology Line and Death of a Starlet with new bingeable True Crime shows coming regularly.
We have every season of our award-winning Business and History shows, such as American Scandal, Business Wars, and more.
And we have unique stories to keep you engaged, like inspiring interviews with Life is Short with Just Long, friendship and fun on Even the Rich, and much more!
This is also where you can find our Premium Subscription service, Wondery+. Get early access to select podcasts, exclusives, and ad-free listening of every episode. Enjoy the latest Wondery+ Exclusives including:
*The first exclusive season of American Scandal: The Osage Murders, where host, Lindsay Graham, covers a series of shocking murders, tied to a conspiracy tangled up with money, power, and politics.
*Lindsay Graham, also hosts the first exclusive season of American History Tellers: The Walker Affair, about the 19th century mercenary William Walker, and American who managed to become President of Nicaragua, only to see his would-be empire crumble around him.
*Imagined Sleep, with immersive episodic journeys through soundscapes that will lead you into a restful sleep.
The Wondery app is the best place to find and listen to Wondery shows:
*A home screen that’s personalized based on your preferences, including “Continue Listening”, which surfaces the shows/episodes you’re in the middle of, and “New Episodes from My Shows”, which highlights the latest episode of shows you’ve subscribed to
*Binge away with binge-mode! Episodes from the same series play in chronological order
*Browse shows with multiple seasons (there are more than 50 seasons of Business Wars!) by tapping on the season title on the show page
*Curated collections of recommended shows, seasons/episodes from across our catalog, including True Crime series, History Highlights, and much more
*Adjust playback speed, share episodes and set a sleep timer right from the audio player
*Download episodes for offline listening. Add a series to “My Shows” to get new episodes downloaded automatically to your device (toggle this on/off in Settings)
*Upgrade to Wondery+ right from the app by tapping any early access or exclusive episodes. Wondery+ episodes have a “W+” next to them
*Prefer to listen on a computer? Log into your Wondery+ account at wonderyplus.com/login to have your listening history saved across web and mobile
The Wondery app and the majority of the shows in it are free and ad-supported. To listen ad free, get exclusives, early access and binges, join Wondery+ right in the app.
The free trial offer for Wondery+ is limited to new subscribers only. Payment for your subscription will be charged to your Google Play account at the end of the trial period or at confirmation of purchase if you are not eligible for the trial. If you cancel before the end of your trial period, you will not be charged. If you do not cancel before the end of your trial period, your subscription will renew automatically and your Google Play account will be charged the subscription price plus applicable taxes within 24-hours prior to the end of your trial period. Your subscription will continue to renew automatically each month and you will be charged 24-hours prior to the end of each billing period until you cancel. You can manage your subscription and/or turn of auto-renewal by visiting your Google Play Account Settings after purchase. Subscription fees are non-refundable. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if applicable, will be forfeited when you change your subscription.
For help, please visit help.wondery.com.
Terms of Service: https://wondery.com/terms-of-service”
4. Phone by Google
“Google’s official phone calling app is now available to download for the first time. Phone helps you easily connect with family and friends, block spam callers, and know who’s calling before you answer – all with a simple, intuitive design.
Powerful spam protection
See warnings about suspicious callers that help you avoid unwanted calls from spammers, telemarketers and scammers. Block numbers to prevent them from calling you again.
Know who’s calling you
Google’s extensive caller ID coverage lets you know the business that’s calling so that you can answer with confidence.
No more waiting on hold 1, 5
Hold for Me lets you go back to your day. If a business puts you on hold, Google Assistant can wait on the line for you and let you know when someone is ready to talk.
Screen unknown callers 1, 2
Call Screen answers unknown callers, filters out detected spammers without interrupting you, and helps you learn more about callers you don’t recognize before you pick up.
Visual voicemail 1, 3
Check your messages without needing to call your voicemail – view and play them in any order, read transcriptions, and delete or save them right from the app.
Call recording 1
Record your phone calls to capture important information for reference later. Everyone hears a disclosure when the recording starts so they’re aware, and recordings are saved on your phone.
Our simple, lightweight design keeps your favorite people just a tap away. Plus, switch to dark mode to save battery and reduce eye strain at night.
Emergency support 1, 4
See your current location when you make an emergency call, and share information about the assistance you require, along with your location, to the emergency operator without speaking.
Phone app is available on most Android devices running Android™ 7.0 and above.
1Available only on some devices that have Phone pre-installed.
2Manual screening is not available in all languages or countries. For more information, see g.co/help/callscreen. Automatic screening is available in the US only, English only. Call Screen may not detect all spam calls.
3Transcription is available in the US only, English only.
4Available in Australia, United Kingdom and the US only, English only.
5Available in the US only, English only. Pixel 2+ devices only. Toll-free numbers only. May not detect every on-hold scenario.”
5. Easy Voice Recorder Pro
Record classes and lectures with clear quality, even when the teacher is not right in front of you. Listen to these recordings as many times as you want to help you study for that next exam. Speed up or slow down playback to listen at a comfortable pace.
With no time limits and the option to choose a compressed format, it’s easy to record the longest classes and lectures.
Capture interviews and meetings from your phone, tablet, or smart watch, then share them with your colleagues through email or your favourite messaging app. Take advantage of powerful widgets and shortcuts to start a new recording right from the home screen.
You can even enable cloud upload to record voice notes while commuting and have them automatically sent to your laptop.
For musicians and for everyone
With many options to fine-tune the recording, the app is great for rehearsals and for capturing melodies that pop into your head. Try new ideas fast, hear the results and make adjustments on a new take.
Quickly switch between voice notes, meetings & lectures, and music & raw sound with easy to use settings and presets.
Exclusive Pro features (available on supported devices):
★ Upload new recordings automatically to your Google Drive or Dropbox.
★ Record to MP3 and AAC, in addition to all the formats available in the free version.
★ Record using a Bluetooth microphone.
★ Trim recordings and remove unwanted sections with Edit mode.
★ Manage and organize your recordings with folders.
★ Control the recorder from anywhere using the notifications bar.
★ Bonus features: record in stereo, import files, skip silence, volume boost, custom bitrates, and more.
Plus all the great features you find in the free version:
– Record to high-quality PCM and MP4, or use AMR to save space.
– Quickly start a new recording with widgets and shortcuts, and record in the background.
– Share recordings easily through email or your favourite app, or set one of them as a ringtone.
– Wear OS support – record from your smartwatch.
– Light and dark themes, and many other cool features.
Easy Voice Recorder is exactly what the name says: an easy to use audio recorder and sound recorder. Reliable, fast and flexible, it adapts to your needs.
Please note that Easy Voice Recorder Pro is not a call recorder and can’t record phone calls on most phones. If there are any problems, please contact us at email@example.com. We are always happy to assist you.
Photos/Media/Files – Save recordings to your external storage.
Microphone – Record audio from your microphone.”
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”