If you are looking for the Best Android App For Car Guys to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android App For Car Guys that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android App For Car Guys, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android App For Car Guys
1. MMGuardian App For Child Phone
“MMGuardian Parental Control gives parents the ability to set up comprehensive parental controls on their child’s Android phone. MMGuardian can monitor and block text messages, block and monitor picture messages, among other parental control features.
MMGuardian Parental Control helps you to protect your child from cyberbullying and sexting, and stay in the know about their phone usage habits.
The app includes a range of Parental Control functions specifically designed for parents to be able to:
★ Take advantage of the latest advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI) to be alerted when a potentially inappropriate image is detected as having been exchanged in an MMS picture message, or stored on your child’s phone.
★ Receive specific alerts when the content of your child’s SMS text messages may indicate cyberbullying, violence, suicidal thoughts, and more.
★ Block SMS or MMS messages with undesirable contacts
★ Block the ability for your child to send or receive picture messages (MMS).
★ Monitor detailed SMS text message history.
The MMGuardian Parental Control app also includes optional functions enabling parents to:
Locate your child’s phone
Block and monitor phone calls
Limit screen time with a comprehensive App Control function
Lock the phone at pre-defined times
Enforce safe browsing with an advanced Web Filtering function.
• The MMGuardian Uninstall Protection function hinders kids from removing or tampering with the app.
• If Uninstall Protection function has been enabled, the app’s Device Administrator status must first be disabled in order to uninstall the app.
• To uninstall the app the easy way: open the app, enter your parent admin password and tap on the trash can icon at the top.
How To Keep Your Teen Safe
• Download the MMGuardian Parental Control Messenger App your child’s smartphone, and launch the app.
• Configure the app to be the default SMS messaging app on the phone, register the app, and follow the in-app guidance to set up the app.
• Configure the functions to your requirements and receive reports at the MMGuardian Parent Web Portal or the dedicated Parent App app for the parent’s phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mmguardian.parentapp
Watch our video on YouTube for how to install and register the app on your child’s phone: https://youtu.be/6CiZlvs9ObY
Free 14 Day Trial
All features are fully functional for the free 14-day trial period, after which continued use requires a subscription or license to be purchased. No purchase is required to activate the free trial.
Single phone subscriptions are available at USD $3.99 monthly or USD $34.99 annually, and a 5 Year License is available for USD $79.99. Family plans covering up to 5 devices are available at twice the single phone price.
Download today and help keep your teen safe with MMGuardian.
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
This app uses Accessibility Service.
This app uses Location “in the background” (when the app is not open) so that parents may obtain the location of their child’s phone.
For more information please visit our website: https://www.mmguardian.com”
2. FuelLog – Car Management
Track fuel consumption, maintenances and costs!
Track and log your mileage, fuel consumption, maintenances, services and costs of your car or motorbike and know exactly how much your car costs. FuelLog calculates a lot of useful statistics like fuel consumption and economy (e.g. mpg or l/100km) of your car or other vehicle, total cost and mileage, average cost per distance or gas amount, average cost per month, year and driven distances, expenses and a lot more. Everything is managed in a nice-looking and very easy to use interface.
Track all kind of costs and maintenances/services like for example monthly insurance, daily bridge toll, yearly taxes, services, car parts, parking costs, oil or tyre changes, and a lot more… (limited to 15 entries in the free version)
FuelLog is probably the first and only app in this category that supports also electric cars using kWh, CNG cars using kg or gge and other vehicles with an hour meter!
6 different nice-looking graphical charts show the fill ups (only Android 2.1 and newer)
Use the included calculator to calculate costs, used/needed fuel volumes and distances for your next trip or the daily way to work with your car, based on the automatically gathered statistical data.
Of course FuelLog supports multiple cars and it is usable in every country because it supports and converts Kilometre/Miles, Litres/Gallons(US)/Gallons(UK), mpg/l/100km defined individually per vehicle and every known currency.
The stored fill ups and costs can be exported as a *.csv file for further calculations on your computer or just to be saved as a backup on your sdcard. If you have stored your gas purchases and maintenances/services on the computer or if you want to restore a previous backup, you can import the data in FuelLog (only FuelLogPro). If you have problems importing your data or if you want to convert an export from another App, from the iPhone or from a website, just send me an email, I will help you!
The user interface is very easy to use, intuitive, clear and simple and informative, nice and “android-like”.
* French (Thanks to Sébastien Besançon)
* Dutch (Thanks to Willem Ebbers)
(Let me know if you would like to help to translate it)
* Tracking fill-ups
* Tracking maintenances, services, costs, expenses (limited to 15 entries in the free version)
* Multiple vehicles supported (only two, unlimited in FuelLogPro)
* A lot of useful statistics
* 6 different Graphs
* Partial fill ups
* Total odometer reading or trip mileage input
* Possibility to input fill up in different volume unit measurement (useful for UK people)
* Export/Import (only FuelLogPro)
Supported Android versions:
1.5: Not supported
1.6: Supported, but no graphs
2.1 – 2.3.4: Fully supported
3.0/3.1: Supported, but not optimized for such large screens
Used rights on the device:
* Storage: used for exporting data to the SD card
* Network communication: used for ads in the free version FuelLog
Get the “FuelLogPro License Key” if you want to use following additional top features or just to support the developer. (It is for free now, because I don’t support it anymore)
Additional Features in the Pro version:
* Unlimited Graphs
* Unlimited cost entries
* Unlimited cars
* Export / Import functionality
* Note field for text per fill up
3. Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car)
Torque is a vehicle / car performance / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU
Layout your own dashboard with the widgets / gauges you want!
It can use the GPS to provide tracker logs with OBD engine logging so you can see what you were doing at any point in time
It can also show and reset a DTC / CEL / fault code like a scantool. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
Torque also features:
* Dyno / Dynomometer and Horsepower/HP & Torque
* Can read Transmission Temperatures (vehicle dependant)
* 0-60 speed timings – more accurate than just using plain old GPS – see how fast your car is (or truck )
* CO2 emissions readout
* Customisable dashboard & profiles
* Video your journey using the Track Recorder plugin with onscreen OBDII data overlay – a black box for your car/truck!
* Automatically send GPS tagged tweets directly to twitter (for example if you are going on a road trip)
* Massive fault code database for lookup of fault codes from different manufacturers
* Theme support (choose from different themes to change the look of your dashboard)
* Send logging information to web or email CSV/KML for analysis via excel / openoffice reader
* Heads up display / HUD mode for night time driving
* Compass (GPS Based) that won’t suffer magnetic interference
* GPS Speedometer/Tracking and realtime web upload capability – see what you were doing and your engine, at a point in time
* Turbo boost feature for vehicles that support MAP and MAF sensors (VW & Golf / Audi / Seat etc supported)
* Alarms and warnings (for example if your coolant temperature goes over 120C whilst driving) with voice/speech overlay
* Car dock support
* Graph data
* Able to share screenshots to Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Email, etc
* AIDL API for third party apps, A simple Telnet interface for developers to talk to the adapter, and an OBD scanner.
* Works on tablet devices like the Motorola Xoom, Dell Streak, Samsung Galaxy Tab and Nook
Works on any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996) if in doubt check with your manufacturer first or look for ‘OBD2’ on written on a big white label in your engine bay
Works on vehicles made by Ford, VW, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Subaru, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others
The app needs a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter to work. The adapter is small and plugs into the diagnostics socket on the car which gives your phone access. You can find a list of adapters on: http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Adapters (Garmin EcoRoute HD adapters not supported)
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 bluetooth adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure you have a good returns policy with the seller
Some of the best reliable OBD2 / OBD adapters are the Scantool.net adapter, the OBDKey, and PLX Devices, OBDLink, Bluetooth, ELM327 and other adapters are supported – search on google for them
More features added every release – there are forums at http://torque-bhp.com/forums/ – if you want something added then let me know and I’ll try to add it if it is possible! Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported
*PLEASE NOTE* Any reports of hanging or reboots after quitting the app is due to a bug in HTC devices and Galaxy Tab,this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Other BT apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix.Please contact their support and request a fix,Thanks!
• Maps – Search for directions and launch your favorite navigation app for turn-by-turn directions.
• Places – Search for nearby places such as gas stations and restaurants, with one click.
• Phone – Call your favorite contacts, see call log, and easily dial a number
• Messaging – Send and reply to SMS messages, hands free replying available for many popular messaging apps
• Voice – Take control of the app through voice commands for navigation, music, and more
• Contextual Information – Receive weather updates, see recent searches, receive speed limit alerts, and more
• Media Control – Control many popular media apps using buttons or gestures
• Shortcuts – Keep your favorite apps and Android shortcuts at your fingertips. Includes quick settings toggles.
• Data – View real-time engine data from an OBDII adapter with Torque integration.
• Set AutoMate as a launcher while it is running
• Hands free gestures! Wave your hand over the device to perform different actions
• Traffic camera alerts, never get a red light or speed camera ticket again!
• Customize wallpapers for day and night themes
• Startup options to make AutoMate even more effortless to use
• About: http://www.bitspice.net/automate/
• FAQ: https://support.bitspice.net/portal/kb/automate
• Join the beta: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.bitspice.automate
• This app uses the Device Administrator permission. It is used to automatically lock the screen, if that option is enabled. Otherwise, we do not request this permission.
• This app uses Accessibility services. We request this permission on devices older than Android 4.4 to mirror certain notifications on AutoMate’s home screen.
• Other permissions used explained in more detail here: https://support.bitspice.net/portal/kb/articles/automate-permissions-explained”
5. CarMeets – The Ultimate Car Enthusiast App
CarMeets is the the ultimate automotive social marketplace for connecting you with events, news, clubs, for-sale vehicles and parts, and discounts on your favorite products and services. CarMeets has you covered whether you’re going to a meet or hard at work in the garage.
– Add your cars to the garage and discover amazing builds from others
Share photos, add mods, ask questions or list items for sale.
– Find the next car to purchase, get exclusive deals for parts, merchandises and services.
Check out using our exclusive coupon code and save on your next purchase.
– Discover thousands of events around the world.
Attend or host or your own! When’s the next car show in your city?
Vehicle QR Sticker
– Meet people in real life and grow your followings
The only vehicle sticker on the market that links directly to your car profile and social networks
– Join clubs to connect with like-minded individuals!
Share photos, posts or host events in both public and invite-only Clubs.
– Drive in realtime with your friends, and find others to cruise along with!
Coordinate with others and never get lost again
– Post a video, poll, discussion, blog to share your passion
and stay up to date on news & activities
New features & updates actively in development!
License Agreement: https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/dev/stdeula/”