If you are looking for the Best Android App For Chinese Dictionary to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Chinese Dictionary that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Chinese Dictionary, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Chinese Dictionary
1. Hanping Chinese Dictionary Lite 汉英词典
Look up Mandarin Chinese words offline using English, Pinyin or Chinese characters (Hanzi) in a clean, intuitive, yet powerful interface.
This is the free version (blue icon) of our paid app Hanping Pro (green icon).
★ Chinese handwriting recognition
★ Hanzi stroke animations (463 free, 376 more available in Pro version and a further 8735 via in-app purchase)
★ Audio pronunciation by a native speaker
★ Homescreen Widgets
★ Soundboard for practising all single-syllable sounds
★ Over 5,000 example sentences covering over 5,000 different words (English translation available in Pro version only)
★ Word lists: HSK Exam, YCT Exam, Idioms (Chengyu) etc
Cantonese learners: We have a separate app dedicated to you: Hanping Cantonese Dictionary: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.embermitre.hanping.cantodict.app.pro
★ Pinyin or Zhuyin (Bopomofo) pronunciation
★ Simplified and Traditional characters
★ Clipboard Monitoring notifications
★ One-tap translation of sentences (if Google Translate app installed). Translation can be stored with starred words
★ Voice recognition
★ Quickly display word in Skritter, Google Translate etc
★ Import/Export vocabulary to/from text files (variety of formats supported)
★ Vertical Zhuyin
★ Works entirely offline!
★ Quick Settings Tile to toggle clipboard monitoring on/off
★ No ads!
Pro version only:
★ AnkiDroid Flashcards support (bulk export as well as auto-export when a Chinese word is starred) for studying using Anki flashcards (spaced repetition system)
★ Backup/Restore starred/tagged words and history
★ Soundboard of Tone Pairs (in-app purchase) for practising all tone-pair combinations
★ Multi-syllable audio (in-app purchase) of HSK2-5 multi-syllable words
★ Multi-dictionary (in-app purchase) support – the superb ABC Chinese-English and ABC English-Chinese dictionaries
Please report any bugs or suggestions to us via e-mail.”
2. Pleco Chinese Dictionary
Pleco is the ultimate Chinese learning companion – an integrated Chinese English dictionary / document reader / flashcard system with fullscreen handwriting input and live camera-based character lookups, from a company with 17 years’ experience making mobile Chinese learning software.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries – CC-CEDICT and our in-house PLC dictionary – which together cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin. We offer 8 more free dictionaries as optional downloads, including a 22,000-entry Cantonese-English dictionary, and 19 other great dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Handwriting input: lookup unknown characters by drawing them, with a best-in-class recognition engine. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer (OCR): look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device’s camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Screen Reader/OCR: instantly tap-lookup Chinese words in other apps through a floating interface; works on Android 4.1 and later. (reader free, OCR $)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear male + female native-speaker audio for Chinese dictionary headwords; recordings available for over 34,000 words. (stitched-syllable free, multi-syllable $) Or listen to example sentences with text-to-speech (system TTS free, enhanced $).
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces/tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; 500 in free app, 28,000 in paid add-on.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device’s microphone.
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text or PDF file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through “Share” and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• PRC- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order, search, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin (with ruby support) as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headwords + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. (some $)
• No ads: we won’t even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support – send us an email and see for yourself – and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We’ve been making Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 17 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users: people who bought a dictionary on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on a new Android phone in 2020 without even paying an upgrade fee.
Paid add-ons can be moved to a new device like any other paid app; just open our free app on your new device and they should reactivate.
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for migration options.
This app uses Accessibility services. (for our Screen Reader feature, which helps users to get by in Chinese-speaking regions without knowing Chinese)
3. Chinese Learner’s Dictionary
This app is effective Chinese learning companion tool with unique features and contents.
SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY FOR LEARNING CHINESE!
• The most Powerful search: look up words by English, Chinese characters, Pinyin (Number and Tone Mark), or a combination, support for wildcards and full-text search both Chinese and English and also able to show results in duo-list at once.
• Chinese synonyms antonyms, homonyms and heteronyms and English resemblant words.
• Quick Cross-referencing: tap on any character or word in any dictionary entry to show relevant words intelligently and bring up its definition.
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw / write all each Chinese character in correctly order.
• Radicals and Decomposition: Support Radical search and illustrate how each character compose by semantic or phonetic components.
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear native-speaker audio for both Chinese and English word.
• Voice Recognition: look up words quickly by speaking them.
• Useful and Unique Online mode:You can get word definition quickly from famous and dependable dictionaries with high-quality audio and useful example sentences.
• Song and lyrics for learning language.
• Translators Integration: Integration tightly with translators for Online mode, You also can quickly find definition or translation of any word entry in following languages.
• Support Hong Kong Cantonese voice.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or require any assistance 🙂
This app is in very active development more feature/or database will be add/update automatically 😉
4. LINE dictionary: Chinese-Eng
With fast & easy offline search for brief definitions and online search for detailed definitions, LINE Dictionary operates online & offline!
LINE Chinese-English Dictionary
– Contains Collins Chinese-English, English-Chinese dictionary(Main definitions are supported offline).
– The broadest Chinese dictionary containing about 3,000,000 headwords
– Functions such as Chinese sentence analyzer, handwriting input support, auxiliary dictionary word card and stroke order demonstrations provide you with the most convenient environment for learning Chinese
– Providing not only the pronunciation for words and sentences but also the dialogue, quote and proverb of the day, LINE Dictionary can be your private Chinese instructor.
* NOTE: Line Dictionary only supports simplified Chinese!
LINE Dictionary is a free online language study tool for everyone.
Improve your foreign laugange skills at any time, any place with your mobile device!
Install and try it right now!
▶ Required Access Permissions
· Save: You can see the entry words and their short meanings that are shown at auto-complete list.”
5. Chinese best dictionary
“User will be satisfied with this Chinese – English dictionary because:
– It has the largest vocabulary
– Detail description for each word and a lot of samples
– Simple UI & high performance make you feel easy when using
* Full support pronunciation for both English and Chinese will help you so much in study these languages.
(This application can run in offline mode but need the internet connection for the pronunciation and web browser functions.)
Please setup the Chinese keyboard before using this application.
This free dict works well in all android devices including mobile and tablet, it is very useful for all kinds of people although in offline environment.
– For student, pupil or researcher, this app is the largest thesaurus help them make the deeply investigation in each words and phrases including idiom, slang, noun, verb, adjective, adverb… The largest vocabulary and lexicon will help people find all special words in all branch; medicine, medicinal, math, chemical, horoscope, biology, aetiology, physics, physiology…
– For the English learners, this is the perfect tool to improve your lexicon, idiolect and grammar skill by so many detailed examples and conjugation supported. This dictionary has all the advantages of other dicts so it will help you improve skills in speaking, writing, reading, listening, conversation and well prepare for the tests such as TOEFL, IELTS…
– For the translator or interpreter, this tool will give you quickly the good translation and also the pronunciation of both languages by only one tap.
– This is also the indispensable tool for travelers, with this dict in your mobile you can finish the journey in Shanghai, Beijing, Chongqing, Tianjin, Guangzhou,Shenzhen, Wuhan, Dongguan, Chengdu or anywhere in China without any communication problem with Chinese.
Good luck and merry using my product :)”
6. Oxford Chinese Dictionary
“The Oxford Chinese Dictionary is the most authoritative Chinese bilingual dictionary available, with over 300,000 words, 370,000 translations, and tens of thousands of example phrases. It’s produced in association with Foreign Language Teaching & Research Press (FLTRP) using the latest lexicographic methods to ensure accurate translations and useful information.
Entries have a clear and accessible layout with lookup in Chinese organised by Pinyin, with Mandarin Chinese with simplified Chinese characters used throughout. Extensive supplemental material includes grammar notes, example letters and emails and guides to telephoning and text messaging, perfect for students on their year abroad or those working in Chinese or English.
• Comprehensive guide on pronunciation, vowel length, and syllable stress.
• Clear marking of pre-reform spellings alongside new preferred forms.
• Invaluable cultural notes to learn more about life in Chinese- and English-speaking countries.
• NEW! Translate words in any other Android app with the Tap to Translate feature, and do it in style with any of the four colorful new themes.
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience the dictionary combines several search tools to match or suggest what you are looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Use our Voice search when you don’t know how an entry is spelled.
• NEW! Tap to Translate entries in other apps
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• Designed to give you the freedom to structure your studies the way you see fit the ‘Favorites’ option allows you to create custom folders with lists of words from the vast library of entries
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
***This is a fully functional 30-day trial version***
Get even more with PREMIUM:
• Permanently unlock the complete features list
• Offline mode – look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues