If you are looking for the Best Android App For City Walking to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For City Walking that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For City Walking, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For City Walking
1. Walk with Map My Walk
“Whether you’re just starting your fitness journey or are a seasoned runner, this app has what you need to stay on track and motivated to hit your goals. Get customizable Training Plans, personalized coaching tips to make running feel easier, and an inspiring community of over 60 million athletes all supporting your shared commitment to health and fitness.
STAY HEALTHY AT HOME
Stay active, no matter where you are, with these free Healthy at Home resources designed for at-home fitness:
– Workout Routine – Mix it up with a collection of workouts designed by UA Performance Specialists that require minimal equipment.
– Training Plan – Train smarter with a custom running plan fit for your exact running level and goals.
– Healthy At Home Challenge – Even though we may not be physically together, we all have the same goal: to stay healthy and to keep others healthy, too. Join the Healthy at Home challenge and log 12 workouts in 30 days! Under Armour will donate up to $1 million to support Good Sports’ efforts in ensuring youth sports leagues have necessary equipment.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
– HOVR™ Infinite named one of the Best Wearable Tech of 2019 by Outside Magazine
– Get Under Armour connected shoes and get more
– advanced running metrics like stride length, foot strike angle, and ground contact time,
– running form coaching to improve your run
– 1-year of free premium
– Sync with the latest apps and most wearables: Google Fit, Android Wear, Garmin, Fitbit, Suunto, etc.
– Get visual, haptic, and audio progress updates in real-time
– import data to further analyze your workouts
– Take control of nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
– Largest selection of activities (over 600!): running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga, etc.
– Real-time audio coaching for common stats like pace, distance, and duration on your runs.
– Routes – find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones, and share with others.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
– Activity Feed – find friends and other athletes to motivate you.
– Share workouts on your favorite social networks.
– Join Challenges – compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TRAIN LIKE A PRO WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
– Live Tracking – share your real-time running location, give loved ones peace of mind.
– Personalized Training Plans – adapt dynamically to your fitness level, reach weight loss or running goals safely and effectively
– Audio Coaching – Set your run goal for pace, cadence, distance, duration, calories, and more.
If you upgrade to a Premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings under ‘Subscriptions’ in the Google Play Store after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
2. Bike Citizens Cycling App GPS
Download and start right away: Multi-stop route planning, navigation and many more features can be used for free in your self-selected Premium Area (7km diameter)!
FEATUES OF THE BIKE CITIZENS APP
• Worldwide availability
• Bicycle-optimised display of maps with highlighting of cycle routes
• Tracking of rides and visualisation in the overview and the personal heatmap in the profile
• Smart Tracking feature to automatically track your rides while you leave your phone in your pocket
• Bicycle route planner with as many stopovers as needed and display of high metres;
• Routing gives preference to cycle paths and cycle-friendly routes
• Various routing options adapted to your bike type (city bike, mountain bike, road bike, e-bike)
• Find countless places (Points of Interest – POI) with the online search function
• Online route planning and navigation, as well as offline map download (Premium membership)
• The bike navigator gives precise voice prompts while cycling
• Recommended cycling routes in many cities and regions
• Local and international cycling campaigns, challenges and games such as Bike to Work, Bike Benefit, PINGifyoucare
AVAILABILITY OF THE CYCLING APP
The app is available worldwide. So you can start cycling right away, whether you live in Vienna, Berlin, Paris, London or outside from the big cities.
YOUR FREE PREMIUM AREA
Use multi-stop route planning, navigation with precise voice prompts and offline maps in a diameter of 7 km for free! You can also use many of the app’s features outside your defined area.
BIKE CITIZENS PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP
If you want more of it, worldwide, get the Premium membership! You can use everything that is included in your free premium area worldwide. Plus you get: Map download for offline navigation, many options to personalise your routing settings and your personal profile and much more!
HOW DO I GET PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP?
• Get a Premium membership in the app: 3,09 GBP / 3,49 USD per month or 24,49 GBP / 27,99 USD per year; can be cancelled at any time).
• Redeem a voucher code
• If you live in a sponsored city or region, many premium features are available to you for free.
FREE / SPONSORED CITIES AND REGIONS
In the following sponsored cities and regions the premium area is valid up to the city or region borders, that means all premium features + map download for offline use are available there:
• Bremen / Bremerhaven
• Hannover region
• Dortmund (incl. Bike Benefit campaign)
• City of Osnabrück
• LKH Graz “Bike to Work”
• Dortmund “Bike Benefit”
• Melbourne “Bicycle Network Commuter Challenge”
WHERE DOES THE MAP MATERIAL COME FROM?
The cycling app Bike Citizens is based on data from OpenStreetMap (OSM), the “Wikipedia of maps”. We invite you to learn more about OSM at wiki.openstreetmap.org and to contribute to the accurate mapping of the cycling infrastructure in your area.
HOW DOES MY SMARTPHONE GET ON MY BIKE?
As a perfect complement to the cycling app we have developed a smartphone mount for cycling with Bike Citizens. FINN fixes any smartphone to any handlebar, whether city bike, mountain bike or road bike: http://getfinn.com
AWARDS FOR THE BIKE CITIZENS APP
• VCÖ Mobility Award 2015
• Eurobike Award 2015
• Apps for Europe Award 2014
We welcome feedback – it helps us to improve the bike app even further: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cycling is fun and keeps you healthy – see for yourself!
Your Bike Citizens
3. City Walks
* Currently, not all walks are available in English.
Walk the City is available for:
Amsterdam • Rotterdam • The Hague • Utrecht
Alkmaar • Amersfoort • Arnhem • Breda • Delft • Den Bosch • Den Helder • Deventer • Dordrecht • Gorkum • Gouda • Groningen • Haarlem • Leeuwarden • Leiden • Maastricht • Middelburg • Nijmegen • Oudewater • Schiedam • Schoonhoven • Tilburg • Woerden • Zierikzee • Zwolle
Antwerp • Ghent
Leuven • Mechelen
Photo navigation: The app guides you with recognizable photos and clear instructions along the most beautiful spots of a city. During the walk you will be informed about interesting sights and alerted to special locations through photos and text.
GPS & internet: Walk the City works by photo navigation, so the app also function without GPS signal and internet connection. To reduce battery consumption and data usage, you can disable these features, the app continues to function and you can continue to enjoy the walk.
Your own tempo: Our smartphone city walks are about 5 kilometer (3 miles) long. Nice shop seen, a break at a cozy terrace or visit a museum? Do you want to stroll or would you like to keep up the pace? With the app of Walk the City you choose your own tempo!
Walk Smart, Walk the City!”
4. GPSmyCity: Walks in 1K+ Cities
Thousands of self-guided walking tours, travel articles, and offline city maps in 1,000+ cities around the world included in this handy app. The app turns your mobile device into a personal tour guide using its built-in GPS functions. The walking tours and travel articles will guide you to the landmarks, historical sites, museums, restaurants, nightlife venues and other interesting spots in the destinations.
All the walking tours and articles included in this app operate OFFLINE without any need of cellular data plan or Internet connection, so you need not worry about expensive roaming when traveling abroad.
The app is free to download. Afterwards, you can evaluate the walking tours – see the attractions and use the fully functional offline maps included in each of the city walk guides, all for free. You can also download thousands of travel articles and read them offline, completely free of charge. A small payment – fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided group tour or tour bus tickets – is needed for accessing the walk route maps and activating turn-by-turn navigation functions.
The highlights and features of the FREE app include:
* Thousands of self-guided walking tours that show you what to see in the destination
* Thousands of travel articles make planning a trip really easy
* Offline city maps
* The “FindMe” feature displaying your exact location on the map
* The “Trackme” feature tracks your steps so you know where you have been
After upgrade, you have access to the following advanced features:
* Walking tour maps
* High resolution city maps
* Turn-by-turn travel directions
* Create your own walking tour consisting of the attractions that interest you
* No advertisement
This revolutionary application makes bus tours obsolete. You no longer need to hop on a tour bus or join a tour group; now you can explore all of the best attractions on your own, at your own pace, and at a cost that is only a fraction of what you would normally pay for a guided tour.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. This app gives you the option to turn off the GPS tracking in the background to prolong the battery life.
Note: This app relies on GPS for its navigation functions. For best experience, it is recommended to use the app on cellular+wifi devices.
Visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com for more information.”
5. GuruWalk – Best free walking tours in the world
“GuruWalk is the largest online free walking tour platform in the world that is available in English, Spanish and other languages. From the App you can search for free tours, compare them and book them for free from anywhere in the world.
We feature tours in more than 100 countries and have more than 500 destinations across five continents. Madrid, Rome, Berlin, London, Budapest or New York are just some of the destinations where you can find the perfect local guru for your next free tour experience.
The best local guides in any location are found on GuruWalk. Our community is growing every day and always provides an unforgettable experience for travelers seeking to discover new destinations in a complete and original way. Don’t settle for a half-hearted guide and really delve into the culture of the place you visit with your local guru.
Check out the different free walking tours in each city with real opinions from travelers like you who have already shared that experience. Turn your trip into a lasting memory and bring your adventurous spirit to the next level with GuruWalk.”
6. Piri Best Audio Walking Tours
You can discover cities, explore hidden gems and listen to the unknown stories using Piri’s audio walking tours narrated by the best tourist guides.
Piri tour is a digital, enriched and immersive tour experience with photos, unique music, and sound effects including suggestions such as museums, local shops, cafes, ateliers and much more.
Listen to the stories anytime, anywhere
After you decide which tour you want to enjoy, you may download it via Wi-Fi and listen to its contents in offline mode even if you don’t have an internet connection.
• Listen on the location: You can start the tour at the designated location and follow the route by the map. Your tour guide will direct you through route while telling you the unknown stories of the city. Moreover, you can take breaks at the cafes or restaurants that Piri suggests.
• To listen remotely: You can choose from dozens of inspirational stories in Piri and listen to them anytime and anywhere you choose.
The tours and the routes are prepared and narrated by the expert city guides and travel professionals
• London blue badge guide of the year: Ruth Polling
• Professional Roman Archeologist: Guilia Peccianti
• Milanese architect, journalist of design and lecturer: Francesca Acerboni
• Award-winning walking tour guide and historian: Pat Liddy
• Professor of art and NatGeo writer: Luisa Albizzati
• The Piri team has prepared many interesting stories for you.
Most Popular Tours and Travel Locations
• London, UK
• Milan, Italy
• Venice, Italy
• Florence, Italy
• Berlin, Germany
• Barcelona, Spain
• Prague, Czechia
• Dublin, Ireland
• Istanbul, Turkey
• Ephesus, Turkey
• Budapest, Turkey
• Canakkale, Turkey
• Piri Traveler Package: Get the Piri Traveller package to access all the current stories and tours for free
• Buy a single tour: You can purchase a single city tour that you would like to explore and download it to use offline.
• Free with ads: You can prefer to watch 30 seconds rewarded ad videos to listen freely.