If you are looking for the Best Android App For Driving Directions to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android App For Driving Directions that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android App For Driving Directions, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android App For Driving Directions
1. Google Maps
“Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
• Review places you’ve visited. Add photos, missing roads and places.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
* Also available for Wear OS
* Navigation isn’t intended to be used by oversized or emergency vehicles”
2. Find My Car
“Tired of searching where you have parked your car?
Use this app to:
– remember the GPS position of your car, hotel or any other location (with GPS)
– show your current position and your car position on the map (or open an external app with the GPS position)
– use Google Navigation (or an external app) to navigate to your car
– compass navigation: offline navigation with a compass
– share your stored positions (or your current position) with your friends
– take a picture of your parking spot (eg: in underground parking)
– store as many positions as you want. Use import/export-feature for backup
– emergency button: send a pre-configured SMS with your current position to a family member to notify them about your whereabouts with only 2 clicks (must be activated in the settings first)
– Widget: Store your current parking position with one-click (and find it again with 1-click). Attention: DO NOT install the app on your external SD card! The app must be installed on the internal memory, otherwise the widget WON’T work!!!
Tip: very useful for hiking to find your car again or to tell your friends where to meet. This app is soo much more than just a simple GPS car-parking app, try it out now, it’s free!
All features are explained on the help-page (swipe to the left to get there) as well as how the app works! The additional features can be found on the right side (swipe to the right).
Explanation for the permissions:
– GPS is of course mandatory for this app
– The Network-Permission is only needed for the coupon system, Google Ads and the internal map (We do not transfer anything else! We do not collect any personal data like other apps do!)
– The access for the SD card is only needed to store the pictures you record in this app, as well as for the import/export feature (we do not read any other files!)
This app has always been a free of charge app and will continue to be so. To finance the development we decided to show a few ads in the app. If you do not like the advertising, you can remove the ads completely by donating 0.99€ or 1.21$ (US-Dollar). (An explanation on how to donate can be found in the app)”
3. Google Maps Go
This version requires Chrome (if you do not wish to install Chrome, please use www.google.com/maps in your browser instead).
Taking up 100 times less space on your device than the full Google Maps app, Google Maps Go is designed to run smoothly on devices with limited memory and on unreliable networks without compromising speed to provide your location, real-time traffic updates, directions, and train, bus, and city transit information. You can even search and find information about millions of places, such as phone numbers and addresses.
• Find the fastest route combining two-wheelers, metro, buses, taxi, walking and ferries
• Ride the metro, bus or train with live city public transport schedules
• Navigate your car or two-wheeler with Navigation for Google Maps Go (https://goo.gl/2P5H2Z)
• Step-by-step directions with route preview, helping you plan your trips ahead of time
• Get there faster with real-time traffic information and traffic maps
• Discover and explore new places
• Search and find local restaurants, businesses, and other nearby places
• Decide on the best places to go by reading customer reviews, and viewing pictures of food
• Find the phone number and address to a place
• Save places you want to or visit often, and quickly find them later from your mobile
• Available in 70+ languages
• Comprehensive, accurate maps (including satellite and terrain) in 200 countries and territories
• Public transport information for over 20,000 cities
• Detailed business information for over 100 million places
Become a beta tester: https://goo.gl/pvdYqQ”
4. Moovit: All Local Transit & Mobility Options
🏆 “If you need to get anywhere by mass transit, you need Moovit…it will open up a new world for you, even if you just travel domestically” – USA Today 🏆
Transportation is an integral part of urban living. Whether you ride the train🚆, subway🚇, bus🚍, light rail🚈, ferry⛴️ or metro, use dockless scooters🛴, bikes🚴♀️, ride-sharing like Uber🚘 or Lyft, getting the best urban mobility information is critical. Moovit provides riders with a one-stop-shop journey experience to help them get from point A to B in the easiest and most efficient way. Get train and bus times, maps, live navigation, and real-time arrival information with ease so you can plan your trip with confidence. Pay for your ride. Find critical alerts and service disruptions for your favorite lines. Get step-by-step directions of optimal route bus, train, metro, bike, scooter, or a combination of them.
Moovit guides more than 930 million users in over 3400 cities throughout the world. Commuters will find updated bus times and train times, transit maps, and, where available, real-time line arrivals. Locate nearby bus stops and train stations, travel with on-the-go live navigation guidance, receive get-off alerts at your destination to ensure a smooth ride.. This is why Moovit has been named one of the best apps of the year in 2016 and 2017 by the Google Play and App Stores, respectively.
🚍 Real time arrivals. View real-time arrival updates, which are taken directly from GPS devices positioned on buses and trains. Avoid wasting time guessing train or bus times
💳 Digital payment. Purchase bus & train tickets and validate your digital pass with a tap using your mobility wallet (in supported metros)
⌚ Real time alerts. Know about issues ahead of time by receiving service alerts such as emergency or unexpected disruptions, delays, traffic jams, new construction, and more so that you can plan ahead if your bus time or train time changed
🔔 Live Navigation. Get step-by-step bus live directions and other transit directions with live guidance from A-to-B: Know how long you need to walk to your station, view the arrival time of your line, receive get-off alerts at your destination & more
🚏 Stops’ visualization. Use augmented reality to locate your bus or train stop with “Way Finder”
📱User reports. Moovit’s users report issues found with stations, line service, and schedules so that we can inform all nearby riders about what’s going on in their area
🚩Favorite lines, stations, and places. Get easy access to lines, stations, and places you ride and visit all the time. Plus, get real-time updates if/when there are changes to your Favorite lines in case your bus time or train time is impacted!
🚴 Bike routes. Get bike routes in addition to the bus, subway, train, or metro trip plans. If you ride bikes (yours or shared) we can plan a route that includes the train or bus. Moovit will help you plan a trip that meets your transit-needs. Bike docking stations are updated in real-time. Bike trip plans are only available in supported metro areas
🗺️ Maps view. View all stations, routes, and lines on the subway or bus map. Additionally, maps are available in PDF for when you’re offline, or underground on the subway
Moovit is the #1 urban mobility app in the world. We’re proud to collaborate with public transit agencies across the US, including:
* NJ Transit
* LA Metro
* SFMTA Muni
* MTA Maryland
* Sound Transit
You only need one app on your phone to navigate nearby buses and transit in the U.S. and across 112 other countries and in 45 languages!
“Always know what’s happening on the road with Waze. Even if you know the way, Waze tells you about traffic, construction, police, crashes, and more in real-time. If traffic is bad on your route, Waze will change it to save you time.
◦ See what’s happening – Alerts about traffic, police, hazards and more on your drive
◦ Get there faster – Instant routing changes to avoid traffic and save you time
◦ Drive with Waze Carpool – Save time & money by riding together
◦ Play music & more – listen to your favorite apps for music, podcasts & more right from Waze
◦ Know when you’ll arrive – your ETA is based on live traffic data
◦ Pay less for gas – find the cheapest gas along your route
◦ Drive with Android Auto – use Waze on your car’s display
◦ Always find the way – choose from a variety of voices to guide you while you drive
Be prepared, drive with Waze!”