If you are looking for the Best Android App For Earth to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Earth that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Earth, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Earth
1. Google Street View
“Create, view, and share Street View imagery with the new Street View app from Google. Explore places from around the world, or use your phone to add new images to Street View, with these options:
• Photo Spheres (360° panoramas)
• Photo Paths (a series of connected photos along a street or trail)
• Street View (connected panoramas from a 360° camera)
Now you can show the world new places by recording with Street View and publishing for everyone to see!
With immersive Street View imagery from Google—and now from users like you—it’s easy to virtually travel to nearly every country in the world. Explore world landmarks, discover natural wonders, and step inside places like museums, arenas, restaurants, and small businesses.
• App requires Android 4.4 (KitKat) or newer
• Photo Paths requires an ARCore-compatible device (https://developers.google.com/ar/discover/supported-devices#google_play_devices)”
2. Google Earth
“Explore the whole world from above with satellite imagery and 3D terrain of the entire globe and 3D buildings in hundreds of cities around the world. Zoom to your house or anywhere else then dive in for a 360° perspective with Street View. See the world from a new point of view with Voyager, a collection of guided tours from BBC Earth, NASA, National Geographic, and more. And now, visualize the immersive maps and stories you’ve created with Google Earth on web on your mobile device.”
“NASA’s Earth Now is an application that visualizes recent global climate data from Earth Science satellites, including surface air temperature, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, ozone, and water vapor as well as gravity and sea level variations. Data sets are visually described using “false color” maps. Color-coded legends are provided to indicate relative strength or weakness of an environmental condition. The resulting 3D model of the Earth may be rotated by a single finger stroke, and may also be zoomed in or out by pinching 2 fingers. It was developed by the Earth Science Communications and Visualization Technology Applications and Development Teams at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, with support from NASA Headquarters.”
4. Earth 3D
1. 3D Globe
– Zoom in/out
– Display the boundaries of countries and earth grid
– Bookmark the countries
– View the countries information
– Display 3D Globe
– Display the boundaries of countries
– Bookmark the countries
– View the countries information
“Find the best route to your destination even without an internet connection. Magic Earth uses OpenStreetMap data and a powerful search engine to offer you the optimal routes for driving, biking, hiking and public transportation.
• We do not track you. We do not profile you. We do not trade in your personal data; moreover, we do not have it.
• Save big on mobile internet costs and navigate reliably with offline maps powered by OpenStreetMap. 233 countries and regions are ready to be downloaded.
• Choose between 2D, 3D and Satellite map views.
• Get ready for travel and know every detail of your route like surface, difficulty, distance and elevation profile.
• Learn more about the points of interest near you from Wikipedia articles.
• Spot nearby parking places to easily park your car.
• Stay up-to-date and enjoy regular free map updates.
• Improve safe driving and avoid accidents. Receive alerts to potential problems on the road and record your trip.
• AI DashCam features Driver Assistance warnings and Dash Cam functionality.
• Avoid collisions and accidents with Driver Assistance warnings: Headway Warning, Forward Collision Warning, Pedestrian Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Leaving Lane Warning, Stop & Go Assist.
• Record the road ahead during navigation to have an aid in the event of a collision or incident.
• Driver Assistance warnings and Recordings are available when the device is on a car mount in landscape mode, with a clear view of the road ahead.
* AI DashCam (with Driver Assistance warnings and Dash Cam functionality) requires Android 7 or later.
• Find the fastest or the shortest route to your destination when you travel by car, bike, on foot or with public transport.
• Plan your route with multiple waypoints.
• Stay safe with the free Head-up Display (HUD) feature which projects the most important navigation info onto the windshield of your car.
• Know in advance which lane to take with precise turn-by-turn navigation and lane assistance.
• Get notified about speed cameras and stay up to date with current speed limits.
• Get real-time traffic info, updated every minute.
• Discover alternative routes that avoid the traffic jams and save you time on the road.
• Get around town quickly and easily. Choose from public transit routes that combine all transportation modes: bus / metro / subway / light rail / train / ferry
• Get walking directions, transfer times, departure times, number of stops. And when available, the cost.
• Find wheelchair or bike friendly public transportation.
• View current temperature and local weather forecast for your favorite locations.
• See what weather conditions to expect in the next hours and view the forecast for the next 14 days.
* Some features are not available in all countries.
* Some features require internet connection.”
6. ArcGIS Earth
“ArcGIS Earth is a native application available on iOS, Android, and Windows platforms. It enables users to access content, tools, and analysis from anywhere, whether it’s online or offline. ArcGIS Earth is designed for everyone and provides user-friendly 3D experiences. It’s also consistent between the desktop and mobile environments and adaptable to many collaborative scenarios.
ArcGIS Earth allows you to use a variety of items from ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, local data, and web services:
• Browse web scenes, map services, image services, scene services, and feature services.
• Browse local files including mobile scene packages (MSPK), KML, KMZ, tile packages, and scene layer packages (SLPK).
• Support has been added for Living Atlas of the World.
• Connect to ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.
• Tap to identify features.
• Support has been added for collecting, editing, and sharing placemarks.
• Interactive analysis tools include Measure, Line of Sight, and Viewshed.
• Create and share tours with geotagged photos.
• Search for places and switch locators.
• Start-up tips and guidance for hand gestures are included.
• Record and preview GPS tracks, and share with your organization.”