If you are looking for the Best Android App For Elm327 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android App For Elm327 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android App For Elm327, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android App For Elm327
1. Torque Lite (OBD2 & Car)
An OBD II engine ECU diagnostics tool that uses a cheap bluetooth ELM / OBD adapter to connect to your car OBD2 engine management system
Some features include:
* Shows and Resets engine fault codes / DTC trouble codes stored in your car
* Can export map/track log files to Google Earth KML / CSV
* Engine performance data(0 to 60, 0-100, quarter mile, etc) (full version)
* Head up Display / GPS HUD mode perfect for checking your speed at night
* Data Logging functions including web upload and file logging, you can even upload data to your own web server from sensors you choose
* Customisable dashboard with theme support – setup the dashboard with the gauges and dials that you want
* Can help you fix your car and helps keep car repair costs down!
* Turbo Boost gauge support for VW vehicles (in Pro version only)
* MPG for Petrol/Gasoline vehicles. (Pro version has diesel support)
This is the free/basic version – it lets you get a feel for the application and lets you find out if it works with your vehicle / obd2 adapter combination; but may contain some small bugs including not working on some nissan/chrysler/subaru ECUs. The paid version has support for more vehicles and ECU types, looks a lot nicer, and works with more cars / trucks
The paid version has more features (HorsePower,Torque, 0-60 , quarter mile tests, graph data, map / track views) + no adverts and exra dial/display types! and better ABS / Knock sensor support, Transmission temperature support for some makes of car / trucks (GM / Ford, etc), and Turbo Boost on many more vehicles (including VW)
Works on vehicles made by Ford, GM/Vauxhall/Opel, Chrysler, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Audi, Jaguar, Citroen, Peugoet, Skoda, Kia, Mazda, Lexus, Daewoo, Renault, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Honda, Hyundai, BMW, Toyota, Seat, Dodge, Jeep, Pontiac, Subaru and many more vehicle makes, European, US, Far East, etc. Some vehicle ECUs may support more/less features than others.
**PLEASE NOTE!** Any reports of hanging or freezing after quitting the app is due to a bug in the HTC Evo 4G and Galaxy Tab, this can be triggered by using the Pandora/Vlingo/Aldiko bluetooth enabled apps. Disabling Pandoras new bluetooth settings fixes the problem, but HTC/Samsung need to release a fix. Please contact their support and encourage them to fix, Thanks!
The pro version supports USB ELM adapters which are use ‘Prolific’ or ‘FTDI’ chips
* Update: A freeze/hang workaround has been found after a great amount of effort and is available in the full version in the General Preferences settings!”
2. OBD Auto Doctor car scanner
Ever wonder why the check engine light or MIL keeps going on? Check and reset the diagnostic trouble codes with this OBD2 diagnostic app.
With an OBD scanner, you can quickly and easily communicate with your car’s onboard system and turn your mobile into a highly capable automotive car scanner.
▸ OBD Auto Doctor is an ideal app for everyone interested in knowing their car better. Whether you want to monitor vehicle data in real-time or track car performance, this is a must-have tool and the only OBD-II software you need!
Capabilities and benefits:
• Read readiness monitor status to make sure your car is ready for emissions testing
• Read On-Board Diagnostic Monitors for advanced diagnostics
• Read Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs), Freeze Frame, and clear the codes and MIL
• Select PIDs on the dashboard to track them in live
• Monitor fuel consumption while you drive and save money on fuel (gasoline/diesel)
• View parameter and sensor data (such as engine coolant temperature or torque) in real-time to detect abnormalities
• Monitor OBDII sensor data in numerical or graphical presentation
• Support for multiple electronic control units such as engine, transmission, etc.
Some additional features:
• Send diagnostic data via email
• Record and send sensor data via email as .csv format
• Read Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Calibration Identifications and Calibration Verification Numbers of ECU
• Build-in DTC database with over 18000 trouble codes, including thousands of manufacturer specific codes
• Support for both imperial (English) and metric units
OBD Auto Doctor supports all cars sold worldwide compatible with OBD2 or EOBD. As a general guideline, your car is most likely to be compliant if it fulfills one of the requirements listed below:
• USA: All cars and light trucks manufactured since 1996 (OBD2)
• EU, Gasoline: Registered in the EU after 1 January 2001 (EOBD)
• EU, Diesel: Registered in the EU after 1 January 2004 (EOBD)
• See https://www.obdautodoctor.com/faq for the compatibility info for other countries
The app requires a separate OBD adapter using Bluetooth, BLE, or Wifi to communicate with the car. Just plug the ELM327 compatible scan tool into the car’s diagnostics port, and you are ready for car inspection. We recommend avoiding the cheap clone ELM devices and using genuine ELM327 adapters.
Check the Quick Start Guide to get started:
• Bluetooth adapters: https://www.obdautodoctor.com/OBD-Auto-Doctor-Quick-Start-Guide-Android-Bluetooth.pdf
• WiFi adapters: https://www.obdautodoctor.com/OBD-Auto-Doctor-Quick-Start-Guide-Android-WiFi.pdf
NOTE: Please notice that most of the app features require that your car supports them too. This app can’t show information that your vehicle doesn’t provide.
▸ This app is free, but a subscription is available using an in-app purchase to unlock all the features. Check the app website for more information and differences between the versions.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use and/or interpretation of the data in the application. We reserve the right to track and report a user’s activity inside this app anonymously.
If you have any issues or concerns, we are happy to help you out. Just send us an e-mail at email@example.com.
Visit our website for more information:
If you enjoy using this OBD app, please take a minute to leave a good review: it really helps.”
3. Carly — OBD2 car scanner
Get the Carly app and the Carly Universal Scanner that access data through the OBD2 port of your car. They translate it into powerful diagnostic and repair insights, coding, and maintenance functions, so you can control your car wherever you are.
The scanner and the app work for Audi, BMW, Ford, Mercedes, Mini, Porsche, Renault, Seat, Skoda, Toyota, VW, and almost all car brands in the world with an OBD2 port.
👉Every car is unique — specific features will vary with every model, build year, hardware, and software. Get more details here: https://bit.ly/2WvLfIo
BASIC FEATURES INCLUDED IN THE (FREE) LITE VERSION
Health (OBD), Live Data (OBD), and Emission Check (OBD) enable you to have control over the most important systems — engine and transmission. Check if they work for your car.
ADVANCED FEATURES INCLUDED IN THE FULL VERSION (YEARLY LICENSE)
Every car is unique, so specific features will vary with every model, build year, hardware, and software. Check here: https://bit.ly/2WvLfIo
🔧 CHECK THE CAR’S HEALTH AND SAVE MONEY
With Carly car diagnostics, you’ll have the right scanner tool to read from all built-in electronic control units (ECUs), including engine, transmission, ABS, airbag, & multimedia, keep track of your car’s health, gauge the severity of problems, clear fault codes, and more.
🔧 GET REPAIR SUPPORT (NEW)
With Smart Mechanic get detailed fault descriptions written by expert mechanics, which will help you to understand your car’s fault codes better. Find detailed repair tips which will help you find the cause of the error and perform more repairs on your own.
🔧 CODE AND CUSTOMIZE FEATURES
Access hidden features already set by the manufacturer and customize your car to fit your needs. This feature is only available on certain car brands/models, and the coding options vary.
🔧 PERFORM SIMPLE CAR MAINTENANCE INDEPENDENT OF THE WORKSHOP
Analyze emission and engine gauges, change and register your car battery, perform an oil reset, and much more, all with your smartphone.
🔧 DETECT MILEAGE MANIPULATION
Car mileage manipulation is on the rise. Don’t get tricked. Use Carly to perform a used car inspection before buying.
All of your reports are automatically saved into your account in the Digital Garage.
HOW IT WORKS:
Step 1: Check which features are available for your car model here: https://bit.ly/2WvLfIo
Step 2: Order your Carly Universal Scanner.
Step 3: Plug the scanner into the OBD2 port and log in on this app to check what works for your unique car.
Step 4: Upgrade to the full app version — if available for your car.
THE CARLY UNIVERSAL SCANNER – MOST ADVANCED OBD DEVICE
The OBD2 device was designed to support almost all car brands with an OBD2 port (built 2001 or later), works with both iOS and Android scanner software, and enables advanced Carly features. The scanner comes with:
👉 A 30-year warranty
👉 Premium customer support
THE CARLY APP
The Carly app offers a free lite version. For some brands with supported advanced features, you get a full one-time health check, together with one error report, and one used car check report.
Advanced features are available for BMW, Mini, Toyota, Lexus, VW, Audi, Skoda, Seat, Mercedes, Porsche, Ford, GM and more.
You can purchase a license for an individual car brand or for all car brands.
This is a yearly license. Payment is handled via your Google Play Account. The license automatically renews for one year if not canceled 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The subscription can be managed in your Account Settings and the automatic renewal can be deactivated there.
4. ScanMaster for ELM327 OBD-2 ScanTool
“ScanMaster Lite is an application for vehicle diagnostics to OBD-2/EOBD standards. It “transforms” your Android smartphone or tablet together with an ELM327 diagnostic interface to a vehicle diagnostic device. Many important OBD-2 functions are despite “Lite” available without restriction. Only the number of parameters and error codes are limited compared to the Pro version. The paid Pro version with even more features can be purchased via In-App Billing function.
The following ELM327 and compatible OBD2 interfaces are supported:
APOS BT OBD 327
ElmCanII Bluetooth and WiFi
OBDLink Bluetooth and WiFI
ELM327 Bluetooth and WiFi
Pearl Lescars Bluetooth and WiFi
The interfaces can be purchased on our websites https://www.wgsoft.de or https://www.obd-2.de/shop/ if required.
Everything completely in German and English. In the graphical representation of data, there are “pause” function. In this mode, the recorded data can be scrolled and zoomed by gesture.
We would greatly appreciate the feedback on the app. Please send us an email about your experiences, opinions or suggestions.”
5. Car Scanner ELM OBD2
“See what your car is doing in realtime, get OBD fault codes, car performance, sensor data and more!
Car Scanner is a vehicle / car performance / trip computer / diagnostics tool and scanner that uses an OBD II Wi-Fi or Bluetooth adapter to connect to your OBD2 engine management / ECU.
Car Scanner gives you a bunch of unique features:
1) Layout your own dashboard with the gauges and charts you want!
2) Add custom (extended PIDs) and get information, that was hidden from you by car manufacturer!
3) It can also show and reset a DTC fault code like a scantool. Car Scanner includes a huge database of DTC codes descriptions.
4) Car Scanner allows you to read free-frames (sensors state when DTC is saved).
5) Now with Mode 06 – you can get ECU self-monitoring test results. Helps you fix your car and helps keep repair costs down!
6) Check if your car is ready for emission tests.
7) Check all of the sensors at one screen
8) Car Scanner works with any vehicle that uses the OBD 2 standard (most vehicles built after 2000, but can work for vehicles as far back as 1996, check carscanner.info for more details).
9) Car Scanner includes a lot of connection profiles, that gives you some extra features for Toyota, Mitsubishi, GM, Opel, Vauxhal, Chevrolet, Nissan, Infinity, Renault, Hyundai, Kia, Mazda, Ford, Subaru, Dacia, Volkswagen, Skoda, Seat, Audi and others.
10) Car Scanner dashboard includes a HUD mode, that you can use to project data to your windshield.
11) Car Scanner provides a tool for very accurate acceleration measurments (0-60, 0-100, etc.)
12) Car Scanner can be used as a trip computer and can show you fuel consumption statistics!
13) Car Scanner supports coding (changing hidden settings of your car) for this cars:
– VAG group (Volkswagen, Audi, Skoda, Seat), built on the MQB, PQ26 and MLB-EVO platforms. Some exclusive functions you would find only in Car Scanner: Video in motion (VIM), Mirrorlink in motion (MIM), Traffic Jam Assist activation, Drive mode profiles editor (compatibility may depend on your car modules and firmware versions), Ambient lights configuration, etc.;
– Toyota/Lexus cars with CAN bus (almost all cars since 2008 up to nowadays);
– Some of Renault/Dacia (compatibility may depend on your car modules and firmware versions);
– Several service functions available for other cars.
14) And one more thing – Car Scanner provides the widest variety of features for FREE across the Play Market.
The app requires a Wi-Fi or Bluetooth or Bluetooth 4.0 (Bluetooth LE) OBD2 ELM327 compatible adapter (device) to work. ELM327 devices plugs into the diagnostics socket in the car and gives your phone access to car diagnostics.
Recommended adapters brands: OBDLink, Kiwi 3, V-Gate, Carista, LELink, Veepeak.
If you buy one of the cheap china OBD2 ELM327 adapters from ebay / amazon, then make sure it’s not marked as v.2.1. This adapters are supported, but they have lot’s of bugs.
PLEASE NOTE: Vehicle ECUs vary in the amount of sensors supported. This app can’t show you something, that is not provided by your car.
Attention “bad” adapters! We faced the problem, that some adapters (often cheep Chinese clones), can’t connect to the smartphone or the car. Some of them can even make your car engine work unstable, often lost connection, increase time lag when reading data.
So, we recommend you to use genuine ELM327 or recommended adapter brands.”