If you are looking for the Best Android App For Health And Fitness to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android App For Health And Fitness that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android App For Health And Fitness, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android App For Health And Fitness
1. Map My Run by Under Armour
“Whether you’re just starting your fitness journey or are a seasoned runner, this app has what you need to stay on track and motivated to hit your goals. Get customizable Training Plans, personalized coaching tips to make running feel easier, and an inspiring community of over 60 million athletes all supporting your shared commitment to health and fitness.
STAY HEALTHY AT HOME
Stay active, no matter where you are, with these free Healthy at Home resources designed for at-home fitness:
– Workout Routine – Mix it up with a collection of workouts designed by UA Performance Specialists that require minimal equipment.
– Training Plan – Train smarter with a custom running plan fit for your exact running level and goals.
– Healthy At Home Challenge – Even though we may not be physically together, we all have the same goal: to stay healthy and to keep others healthy, too. Join the Healthy at Home challenge and log 12 workouts in 30 days! Under Armour will donate up to $1 million to support Good Sports’ efforts in ensuring youth sports leagues have necessary equipment.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
– HOVR™ Infinite named one of the Best Wearable Tech of 2019 by Outside Magazine
– Get Under Armour connected shoes and get more
– advanced running metrics like stride length, foot strike angle, and ground contact time,
– running form coaching to improve your run
– 1-year of free premium
– Sync with the latest apps and most wearables: Google Fit, Android Wear, Garmin, Fitbit, Suunto, etc.
– Get visual, haptic, and audio progress updates in real-time
– import data to further analyze your workouts
– Take control of nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
– Largest selection of activities (over 600!): running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga, etc.
– Real-time audio coaching for common stats like pace, distance, and duration on your runs.
– Routes – find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones, and share with others.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
– Activity Feed – find friends and other athletes to motivate you.
– Share workouts on your favorite social networks.
– Join Challenges – compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TRAIN LIKE A PRO WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
– Live Tracking – share your real-time running location, give loved ones peace of mind.
– Personalized Training Plans – adapt dynamically to your fitness level, reach weight loss or running goals safely and effectively
– Audio Coaching – Set your run goal for pace, cadence, distance, duration, calories, and more.
If you upgrade to a Premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings under ‘Subscriptions’ in the Google Play Store after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.”
2. adidas Running – Run tracker
“Make your new years’ resolution to become fitter a reality with adidas running: mile tracker! The leading exercise & activity tracker to log all your fitness activities in one place. Track your activities to meet your fitness goals & running achievements!
STAY MOTIVATED | TRACK YOUR PROGRESS | CONNECT WITH OTHERS
Join over 170m people who use adidas Running: Mile tracker frequently to log & monitor their fitness activities & exercise routines for walking, hiking, cycling, running & other sports. We’re more than just a run & mile tracker. With regular challenges & virtual races, you’ll always be motivated. Keep a log of minutes, miles & calories burned. Download adidas running: mile tracker as your run buddy which is completely free & modifiable according to your needs!
9 REASONS TO LOVE ADIDAS RUNNING
1. Running & fitness activity tracker built for beginners, experienced runners & athletes!
2. Keep track of all your sports activities for free!
3. Built-in GPS tracking, pedometer & mile tracker for accurately tracking distance & performance indicators such as pace, calories etc. on your runs, walks, other cardio workouts & sports!
4. Track duration, miles covered, calories burned, & monitor heart rate data.
5. Theultimate sports tracker: Select more than 90 sports incl. yoga, hiking, cycling etc to monitor, track your progress & accomplish your fitness goals.
6. Participate in virtual races & race at your own pace. Run together with thousands of adidas running users from around the world!
7. Distance, duration or consistency: Choose a personal goal (weight loss, 5k run, 10k run, half marathon, marathon) for running or the sport of your choice.
8. Your fitness community: keep your competitive spirit alive by connecting with others!
9. Health tips & fitness newsfeed: get updated and motivated through our blog posts on fitness topics, your followers’ activities & events around your location
THE ULTIMATE FITNESS TRACKER FOR SPORTS, WALKING, JOGGING, CYCLING & RUNNING
Start running as a beginner & easily track your progress. Go from couch-to-5k in no time! With live GPS tracking & step tracker, you will be able to accurately track your runs, jogs, walks, or cycling. Additionally, you can log your more than 90 sports activities such as yoga, swimming within adidas running for free! Use the adidas Running app on your Wear OS watch to track activities, complete challenges, and check your stats. Monitor your heart rate, vitals, steps & more with Google Fit & Huawei Health
– Personalized training plans for races (weight loss, 5K, 10K, half-marathon, marathon)
– Interval training for running, walking & cycling
– Personal records to mark all your achievements & compete with yourself!
– Auto-pause when you stop moving
– Premium membership foradidas training app
MARATHON / HALF MARATHON TRAINING (premium)
With its accurate pedometer & distance tracker, voice prompts for average pace, calories, nutrition alerts — all you need to focus on is your run. adidas running: mile tracker is a great running buddy for improving performance & building endurance for marathon training. Download adidas running & build your own marathon training plan!
APP USAGE INFO & PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP DETAILS
The adidas Running app is free to download & use. Some features, such as your running training plans, are unlocked only with the purchase of a Premium Membership. Your Membership renews automatically if you do not cancel it within 24 hours prior to the end of the subscription period. The renewal of your Premium Membership will be charged to your account up to 24 hours before your current Membership expires. The cancellation of an in-app Membership subscription is not permitted. The option to disable the automatic renewal of your Premium Membership is available to you in your Google Play account settings.”
3. Runkeeper – Run & Mile Tracker
“Everyone. Every run. Join the community that helps people get out the door and stick with running forever! Track exercise, set goals, sweat, and see progress along the way. Whether you’re working your way up to tracking a 5K goal or deep into marathon training, use the GPS app trusted by 50 million users and counting. OVERVIEW • Track Workouts – Go for a run, walk, jog, bike, or any activity really. With GPS, you’ll get a clear view of your training in real time. • Set Goals – Have a race, weight, or pace in mind? We can coach you to get there. • Follow a Plan – We have personalized routines to fit into your busy schedule. And helpful reminders, just in case. • Stay Motivated – Join challenges, snag exercise rewards, and share achievements with your friends. • See Progress – This whole running thing works. You’ll see the sweat and we’ll show you the numbers to prove it! TOP FEATURES •Guided Workouts – Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced runner, our ASICS Running coaches push you to reach your fitness goals through a variety of audio-guided workouts that complement your fitness journey. • Running Groups – Create a custom challenge, invite friends, track each other’s progress, and use the chat to cheer each other on. • Audio Cues – A motivating voice that you can customize to relay your pace, distance, and time. • Training Plans – Make major progress by following a plan. We’ll be here for you every step of the way. • Routes – Save, discover, and build new routes with GPS. • Challenges – Stay motivated with exclusive workout experiences and rewards. • Partner Apps – Keep moving with the music you love with our Spotify integration. Connect with other top health apps like Fitbit, MyFitnessPal, and more. • Bluetooth Connectivity – Wireless headphones and heart rate monitors make great workout companions. Also, sync Android Wear, Pebble, and Garmin watches in seconds. • Stopwatch Mode – Easily add indoor cardio (treadmill, cycling) and gym workouts to keep full exercise log all in one place. • Social Sharing – Upload your activities and more with your friends on Facebook and Twitter. RUNKEEPER GO (Premium) • Prescribed Workouts – Get a weekly workout schedule tailored to you. • Progress Insights – See how your runs stack up to each other and get a full view of your fitness journey. • Live Tracking – Whether it’s training day or race day, share your location with family and friends.”
4. Sworkit Fitness – Workouts & Exercise Plans App
“Finally, a fitness system that understands your pain, frustration, and schedule. With Sworkit, the feeling of being too busy, too intimidated, or too unmotivated will be a thing of the past. You can live your best life, once and for all. Who says you can’t get and stay in shape? Make 2020 the year you finally take control.
You don’t have to live in the gym to be fit. You can get in amazing shape with our at-home and on-the-go workout system. Millions agree and have used Sworkit to live healthier lives. It’s your turn!
IS THIS LEGIT?
We’ve delivered almost 100 million workouts to people just like you and we were rated #1 by a collegiate study assessing fitness apps for safety, the ability to help people progress in their fitness levels, the effectiveness of the workouts, and other science-y guidelines set by the ACSM (American College of Sports Medicine). Not to mention, we’re well suited for everyone from beginners to athletes.
WHY SWORKIT FITNESS?
Whether you’re looking to lose weight, tone up, gain muscle, improve your flexibility, or level-up your endurance, Sworkit is here for you. Our algorithm gives you the workout you need in the time you have. 5 minutes? We have your perfect workout. 45 minutes? We have your perfect workout. No equipment? We have your perfect workout. Resistance bands, kettlebells, dumbbells? You get the idea.
WHO IS THIS APP MADE FOR?
The Sworkit Fitness system is for people new to fitness, who want to supplement their current fitness habits, or who are just too busy to make it to the gym – whether you’re a new mom getting back in shape, a dad no longer digging that “dad-bod”, a traveler needing fitness on the road, or a busy professional who just needs an easy way to get in great shape.
WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS?
We offer a unique library of kids’ workouts, perfect for any young ones in your life, whether you are a teacher, parent, or coach. Kids Content is 100% free and does not require a subscription. (Kids under the age of 18 need adult approval)
WHAT CAN SWORKIT DO FOR ME?
• Get “Leaner,” “Fitter,” or “Stronger,” with one of our 6-week programs designed for beginner through advanced levels. Weight loss, HIIT, Tabata, cardio, strength, yoga, and Pilates workouts are all here!
• Find or even create your perfect routine. Over 800 body weight and small equipment exercises and 400+ workouts make it possible for you to find or create the perfect workout.
• Working with a Physical Therapist? We’ve got exercises ready for you.
• 1-on-1 assistance from certified personal trainers directly from our app
GOOGLE FIT INTEGRATION
Sync your Sworkit workouts to Google Fit. You can allow Sworkit to save workouts and calories burned.
MYFITNESSPAL & STRAVA INTEGRATIONS
Sync your workouts to MyFitnessPal and Strava for enhanced connectivity and utility.
Sworkit is free to download and all Kids content is 100% free. All other workouts require an active subscription. Customers may choose a free 7-day trial period to evaluate the product. Sworkit offers monthly and yearly subscriptions to provide you with unlimited access to Sworkit Fitness while you maintain an active subscription.
Payment will be charged to your Google Play upon completion of your trial period if offered, or at confirmation of purchase if not. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at either the monthly or annual rate. You can manage your subscription by visiting the Google Play Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.
Join the Sworkit Movement
5. Google Fit: Activity Tracking
It’s hard to know how much or what kind of activity you need to stay healthy. That’s why Google Fit collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to bring you Heart Points, an activity goal that can help improve your health.
Activities that get your heart pumping harder have tremendous health benefits for your heart and mind. You’ll earn one Heart Point for each minute of moderate activity like picking up the pace when walking your dog, and double points for more intense activities like running. It takes just 30-minutes of brisk walking five days a week to reach the AHA and WHO’s recommended amount of physical activity shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, improve sleep, and increase overall mental wellbeing.
Google Fit will also help you:
TRACK YOUR WORKOUTS FROM YOUR PHONE OR WATCH
Get instant insights when you exercise and see real-time stats for your runs, walks, and bike rides. Fit will use your Android phone’s sensors or Wear OS by Google smartwatch’s heart rate sensors to record your speed, pace, route, and more.
MONITOR YOUR GOALS
See your daily progress on your Heart Points and Steps goal. Meeting your goals all the time? Easily adjust your goals to keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind.
MAKE ALL YOUR MOVEMENT COUNT
If you walk, run, or bike throughout the day, your Android phone or Wear OS by Google smartwatch will automatically detect and add your activities to your Google Fit journal to ensure you get credit for every move. Want extra credit? Turn up the tempo on your walks by starting a paced walking workout and stepping to the beat. Enjoy a different type of workout? Select it from a list of activities like pilates, rowing, or spinning, and Google Fit will track all the Heart Points you earn.
CONNECT WITH YOUR FAVORITE APPS AND DEVICES
Fit can show you info from many of your favorite apps and devices to give you a holistic view of your health, so you’ll never lose track of your progress. These include Lifesum, Wear OS by Google, Nike+, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Basis, Sleep as Android, Withings, Xiaomi Mi bands, and more.
CHECK IN AT ANYTIME, FROM ANYWHERE
See a snapshot of your activity history across Fit and your integrated apps in the redesigned journal. Or, get the full picture in browse, where you can find all of your health and wellness data.
KEEP A FINGER ON THE PULSE OF YOUR HEALTH
Breathing is one of the simplest ways to reduce tension and relieve stress. With Fit, checking in with your breath is easy—all you need is your phone camera. As well as your respiratory rate, you can measure your heart rate to get a better understanding of your body’s wellbeing.
Learn more about Google Fit and see a list of supported apps at: www.google.com/fit”