If you are looking for the Best Android App For Hearing Loss to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android App For Hearing Loss that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android App For Hearing Loss, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android App For Hearing Loss
1. Sound Amplifier
“Sound Amplifier enhances audio from your Android device, using headphones to improve listening clarity. Use Sound Amplifier to filter, augment, and amplify sounds around you and on your device. Sound Amplifier increases important sounds, like conversations, without over-boosting distracting noises. With two simple sliders, you can quickly customize sound enhancement and reduce background noise.
Available for devices with Android 6.0 and later. To start using Sound Amplifier, connect your headphones (wired or Bluetooth) then go to Settings > Accessibility > Sound Amplifier.
• Boost important sound and reduce unwanted or distracting noise around you and on your device.
• Listen to conversations, or use Bluetooth headphones to help you hear things like TVs or lectures. (Bluetooth headphones might have delayed sound transmission.)
• Filter, augment and amplify video and audio playing on the phone. (Available on Pixel phones with Android 10, Dec 2019 or newer system update.)
• Personalize your listening experience by adjusting audio or microphone settings with the simple tuning UI.
• See what’s going on around you with the audio visualization.
Once you’ve tuned Sound Amplifier to a setting you like, you can turn it on and off using the Accessibility button or gesture.
• Phone: The phone status will allow Sound Amplifier pause when there is an incoming or outgoing call.
• Microphone: Access to the microphone will enable Sound Amplifier to process the audio for amplification and filtering. No data is collected or stored.
• Accessibility Service: Because this app is an accessibility service, it can observe your actions, retrieve window content, and observe text that you type.”
2. InnoCaption: Captioned Calls
“InnoCaption provides real-time captioning of phone conversations for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing. Our service is free for eligible users in the United States because we are funded by the FCC’s Telecommunications Relay Services Fund. InnoCaption empowers you to call anyone, day or night, with fast and accurate real-time captioning. If your hearing loss makes understanding your cell phone calls difficult, our app is the solution for you!
InnoCaption enables you to make or receive a call, speak using your own voice, and see captions of what the other party on the call is saying to you. Our technology gives you the choice between live captioning by either live stenographers or best-in-class automated speech recognition (ASR) software. You can switch between either caption mode before or during a call – the choice is yours! The speed and accuracy of our service ensures you are able to keep up with your phone conversations.
The InnoCaption app is designed to be fully compatible with your mobile phone and tablet. In addition, our DeskView feature allows you to mirror your phone or tablet’s captions onto a computer screen – simply login to our website from your computer’s web browser to access this feature.
The InnoCaption team has developed a full set of features to meet our users’ accessibility needs:
• Use the app like your regular phone dialer – no need to make calls through a relay center
• Choose between captioning from live stenographers or automated speech recognition (ASR) software
• Support for Spanish language captioning when using ASR caption mode
• See captions from your phone mirrored on a computer screen with DeskView – great for video conference calls!
• Built-in spam call filter blocks high risk calls and provides notices for potential spam calls
• Continue to use your personal cell number by combining our caller ID and call forwarding features
• Syncs with your existing contacts
• View and email past call transcripts
• Personalized voicemail with captions
• Call blocking from unwanted numbers
• Make 911 emergency calls with captions*
*911 Calling Advisory: Calling 911 from a landline is the most reliable method of reaching emergency response personnel. Please visit our 911 calling education page to find out more about using the InnoCaption app to access 911: https://www.innocaption.com/calling-911/
Cellular data plan or Wi-Fi is required for usage.
FEDERAL LAW PROHIBITS ANYONE BUT REGISTERED USERS WITH HEARING LOSS FROM USING THE DEVICE WITH CAPTIONS ON. IP Captioned Telephone Service may use a live operator. The operator generates captions of what the other party to the call says. These captions are then sent to your phone. There is a cost for each minute of captions generated, paid from a federally administered fund.
For more information, visit us at https://www.innocaption.com
Please reach out to us at email@example.com for any assistance”
3. Live Transcribe & Notification
“Live Transcribe has a new name—Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications. It’s an app that makes everyday conversations and surrounding sounds more accessible among people who are deaf and hard of hearing, using just your Android phone.
Using Google’s state-of-the-art automatic speech recognition and sound detection technology, Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications provides you free, real-time transcriptions of your conversations and sends notifications based on your surrounding sounds at home. The notifications make you aware of important situations at home, such as a fire alarm or doorbell ringing, so that you can respond quickly.
On most phones, you can directly access Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications with these steps:
1. Open your device’s Settings app.
2. Tap Accessibility, then tap Live Transcribe, or Sound Notifications, depending on which app you’d like to start.
3. Tap Use service, then accept the permissions.
4. Use the Accessibility button or gesture to start Live Transcribe or Sound Notifications.
• Get notified of potential risky situations and personal situations based on sounds happening at home (for example, smoke alarm, siren, baby sounds).
• Get notifications with a flashing light or vibration to your mobile device or wearable.
• Timeline view lets you go back in history (currently limited to 12 hours) to see what was happening around you.
• Transcribes in real-time. Text appears on your phone as words are spoken.
• Accurately captures the nuances of how words are used in context.
• Choose from over 80 languages and dialects, and quickly switch between two languages.
• Add custom words that you use frequently, like names or household items.
• Set your phone to vibrate when someone says your name.
• Type responses in your conversation. Bring up your phone’s keyboard and type your words for a continuous dialogue. Transcriptions still appear while you type.
• See the volume of the speaker’s voice compared to the loudness in your environment. You can use this sound indicator to adjust your volume when you speak.
• Use external microphones found in wired headsets, Bluetooth headsets, and USB mics for better audio reception.
Referring back to transcription:
• Choose to save transcriptions for 3 days. Saved transcriptions will stay locally on your device for 3 days, so you can copy and paste them elsewhere. (By default, transcriptions are not saved.)
• Search within saved transcriptions.
• Touch and hold text in transcription to copy and paste.
• Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and up.
Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications was made in collaboration with Gallaudet University, the premier Deaf and hard of hearing university in the US.
Join the Google Accessible community to provide feedback and receive product updates. For help using Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications, visit contact the Disability Support team.
Microphone: Live Transcribe needs microphone access to transcribe the speech around you. The audio is not stored after the transcription is processed. Sound Notifications needs microphone access to listen for sounds happening around you. The audio is also not stored after processing is finished.
Accessibility Service: Since this app is an accessibility service, it can observe your actions, retrieve window content, and observe text that you type.”
4. Hearing Test
“New release of the Hearing Test on #WorldHearingDay! Now with new speech intelligibility test (the digits-in-noise) and in new languages.
Remember #HearingCare and get your hearing tested today! Check events on #Hearathon2021 and on the Coalition for Global Hearing Health webpage #cghh.
The app provides two basic hearing test: pure-tone audiometry and the speech intelligibility test (the digits-in-noise).
Pure-tone audiometry determines the degree of hearing loss in relation to the sound frequency. The test consists in determining the quietest sound that you are able to hear, thus determining your hearing threshold. The digits-in-noise test evaluates speech intelligibility and consists of recognition of the digits in the noise.
The features of the Hearing Test app:
* pure-tone audiometry (using bundled headphones and predefined calibration coefficients from the database),
* the digits-in-noise test for speech intelligibility measurements,
* noise meter to measure background noise during the test,
* calibration of the device (in the case of lack of predefined calibration or for headphones other than bundled).
* high-frequency audiometry,
* classification of the hearing loss,
* comparison with age norms,
* printing of the tests results,
* adding notes,
* calibration adjustment (calibration coefficients may be adjusted on the basis of your results obtained using clinical audiometer),
* verification of calibration coefficients.
Pro version features:
* local database (offline access to tests results, without connecting to the server),
* synchronization (your tests results can be stored in a cloud; data are easy to recover, can be transferred between devices and accessed on different devices).”
5. Sound Alert
“Allow your smart device’s to be turned into High tech alerting devices with just the SoundALERT Application. By converting any type of sound from your environment, SoundALERT can notify you by the power of visuals and vibrations to ensure your safety, security, and comfort.
The application functions by picking up sounds using the smart devices microphone then notifying through on screen notifications, vibrations, and flashing lights on your smart device.
– Wide range of detectable sounds – The application can pick up and notify you to many different types of sounds which revolve around your safety, security and comfort. These sounds can be found as:
a- Pre-installed within the application (Smoke alarms, and Carbon monoxide alarms)
b- Customizable to your specific sounds ( Doorbells, alarms, intercoms, and much more)
c- Compatible alert products such as Bellman and Geemarc products.
– Internationally recognized – The application can be used anywhere in the world to pick up any type of smoke, carbon monoxide, heat and gas alarms as all these sounds are found pre-installed within the application.
– Compatible with existing alert products – browse through a range of already existing products that the application is compatible with, to save you time training your sounds.
– Works offline – works without needing to be connected to the WiFi or 3G
– Smart notifications – experience a new and revolutionized notification and alert platform with simple and easily understood notification tool.
We’re always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
Visit us on
Or follow us on twitter
User manual – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpVKTN1y0oA&feature=youtu.be