If you are looking for the Best Android App For Learning Japanese to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Learning Japanese that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Learning Japanese, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Learning Japanese
1. FluentU: Learn Languages with authentic videos
Learn Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, German, Japanese, English, Italian, Russian, and Korean with FluentU.
Learn a language with music videos, movie trailers, news, and inspiring talks.
No matter what your skill level or interest, we’ve got you covered.
FluentU turns fun videos into amazing language learning experiences.”
2. Google Translate
“• Text translation: Translate between 108 languages by typing
• Tap to Translate: Copy text in any app and tap the Google Translate icon to translate (all languages)
• Offline: Translate with no internet connection (59 languages)
• Instant camera translation: Translate text in images instantly by just pointing your camera (94 languages)
• Photos: Take or import photos for higher quality translations (90 languages)
• Conversations: Translate bilingual conversations on the fly (70 languages)
• Handwriting: Draw text characters instead of typing (96 languages)
• Phrasebook: Star and save translated words and phrases for future reference (all languages)
• Cross-device syncing: Login to sync phrasebook between app and desktop
• Transcribe: Continuously translate someone speaking a different language in near real-time (8 languages)
Translations between the following languages are supported:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Corsican, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Esperanto, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Frisian, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hausa, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong, Hungarian, Icelandic, Igbo, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Javanese, Kannada, Kazakh, Khmer, Kinyarwanda, Korean, Kurdish (Kurmanji), Kyrgyz, Lao, Latin, Latvian, Lithuanian, Luxembourgish, Macedonian, Malagasy, Malay, Malayalam, Maltese, Maori, Marathi, Mongolian, Myanmar (Burmese), Nepali, Norwegian, Odia (Oriya), Pashto, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Samoan, Scots Gaelic, Serbian, Sesotho, Shona, Sindhi, Sinhala, Slovak, Slovenian, Somali, Spanish, Sundanese, Swahili, Swedish, Tajik, Tamil, Tatar, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Turkmen, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uyghur, Uzbek, Vietnamese, Welsh, Xhosa, Yiddish, Yoruba, Zulu
Google Translate may ask for permission to access the following features:
• Microphone for speech translation
• Camera for translating text via the camera
• SMS for translating text messages
• External storage for downloading offline translation data
• Accounts and credentials for signing-in and syncing across devices”
3. “Learn Japanese Language, Kanji”
“What if 🇯🇵 Japanese vocabulary learning would be a crazy fun game instead of boring memorisation drills? Drops makes language learning an effortless fun. Practical vocabulary is bound to your memories through beautiful graphics and quick mini-games.
The crazy part? You have only 5 mins per day. Might sound insane but works like charm! 🙂
These are the ingredients of the secret sauce:
👀 100% illustrated: Pictures directly carry the meaning – you don’t have to use your native language at all! No intermediary. Faster, more effective and of course more fun! 🙂
🏎 5 min sessions: limiting practice time sounds crazy but it it makes it incredibly addictive – which is cool thing for learning. The barrier of entry is close to zero so you can’t have any excuses: you’ll have 5 minutes even on the busiest day!
🕹 Effortless play: We know why games are fun and addictive and distilled the essence into Drops. The result is a truly immersive experience but it’s not waste of your time while you play because you build a valuable knowledge.
⚡Qucik: Keyboard typing is painfully slow. Welcome rapid swipes and taps! Trust us, you’ll need those extra seconds during the quick learning session 😉
🎯 Vocabulary only: Zero grammar, just handpicked practical words. That’s our focus and we do it extremely well. The app teaches the Korean “alphabet” Hangul (hangoul) too!
💁Forge a habit: Drops wants to make you language learning addict. Effectiveness is nothing without a well established habit. We help you build one!
We are extremely proud of our lovely word pronunciations by seasoned voice talents!
Drops is free for casual learners: more than 2500 words in 100+ topics are all available for everyone. Hardcore language learners can subscribe for premium to progress faster with unlimited learning time.
🌍 Our goal is to empower people of the world via language knowledge by providing a special tool that utilizes the universal language we all speak: pictures.
p.s.: be careful, this app really can get you addicted to to language learning.
😍 If you love Drops as much as we enjoyed building it, please leave us a review! 🙂
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com”
4. Jsho – Japanese Dictionary
• 100% functional offline
• Flexible input/search methods
- Multi-radical kanji search
- Limited wildcard searching using ‘*’ (JP only and slower than normal searching)
- Romaji input automatically converted to hiragana
- Filter search results by noun, adjective, verb etc.
• Input analysis (accuracy will be improved over time, please expect mistakes)
- De-inflects conjugated words
- Attempts to split sentences into individual words and perform searches on each
• Detailed lexical information
- Pitch accent & parts of speech info. for words
- Detailed kanji information
- Stroke order animation (viewable by tapping kanji on Kanji Details page)
- Verb conjugation tables
• Multiple display options
- Toggle between kana/romaji
- Select between light & dark themes
• 3rd party connectivity
- Send words directly to AnkiDroid
- Can share words with Jsho from other apps
• Bookmark search results
• Extracted dictionary files require approx. 37MB of external storage space
• Ads shown when online (‘Remove Ads’ is currently disabled due to some issues)
• Network permission is used only for ads, this app doesn’t collect any user data whatsoever”
5. AnkiDroid Flashcards
AnkiDroid lets you learn flashcards very efficiently by showing them just before you would forget. It is fully compatible with the spaced repetition software Anki (including synchronization), which is available for Windows/Mac/Linux/ChromeOS.
Study all sorts of things wherever and whenever you want. Make good use of idle times on bus trips, in supermarket queues or any other waiting situation!
Create your own flashcard decks or download free decks compiled for many languages and topics (more than 6000 available).
Add material through the desktop application Anki or directly through Ankidroid. The application even supports adding material automatically from a dictionary!
Need support? https://docs.ankidroid.org/help.html (much preferred over comments in reviews here 🙂 )
★ Key features:
• supported flashcard contents: text, images, sounds, LaTeX
• spaced repetition (supermemo 2 algorithm)
• text-to-speech integration
• more than 6000 premade decks
• progress widget
• detailed statistics
• syncing with AnkiWeb
• open source
★ Additional features:
• write answers (optional)
• card editor/adder
• card browser
• tablet layout
• import existing collection files (via Anki Desktop)
• dictionary integration (ColorDict, GoldenDict, Leo.org, Aedict, diverse web dictionaries)
• add cards by intent from other applications like dictionaries
• custom font support
• full backup system
• navigation by swipe, tap, shake
• fully customisable
• dynamic deck handling
• night mode
• 27 localisations
• All previous AnkiDroid versions can be downloaded from the website”
6. Write It! Japanese
★ Hassle-free writing. Never get stuck or have to go back and reference how to write a character.
★ Practice writing with guides before testing yourself, making learning extremely fast and stress-free.
★ Bite-sized lessons allow you to learn conveniently, even if you only have a few minutes.
★ Write anywhere! No longer be restricted to writing only when you have paper and a pen!
Stop referencing books, watching videos, and using lackluster tracing apps that never test you, download Write It! Japanese now!”