If you are looking for the Best Android App For Meanings to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Meanings that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Meanings, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Meanings
1. FluentU: Learn Languages with authentic videos
Learn Spanish, French, Mandarin Chinese, German, Japanese, English, Italian, Russian, and Korean with FluentU.
Learn a language with music videos, movie trailers, news, and inspiring talks.
No matter what your skill level or interest, we’ve got you covered.
FluentU turns fun videos into amazing language learning experiences.”
2. English Dictionary & Translator
The English Dictionary & Translator app enables you to search English words with definitions, examples, pronunciation, and more.
– Detailed word definitions & example sentences
– Related search suggestions
– Advanced sentences analyzer
– Favorite words & search history
– Flashcards for self-learning support
– Customizable font sizes for better readability
– English & wildcard character search support
– British English & American English pronunciation with phonetics
Welcome to download the English Dictionary & Translator app!”
3. WordReference.com dictionaries
The app of the world’s most popular and powerful dictionary translation website. It grants you quick access to our extensive dictionaries and forum discussions.
English to Spanish
English to French
English to Italian
English to German
English to Portuguese
English to Polish
English to Romanian
English to Czech
English to Greek
English to Turkish
English to Japanese
English to Chinese
English to Korean
English to Arabic
Spanish to French
Spanish to Portuguese
Forums contain over 2 million questions and answers about English and translation. Your questions have already been answered.
NOTE: Requires internet access.
WordReference provides online dictionaries, not an auto-translator! You can’t enter an entire sentence for translation.
WordReference is often misspelled as “Word Reference” in searches.”
4. English Dictionary – Offline
“The free offline English dictionary application explains the meaning of English words! Definitions are based on English Wiktionary. Fast search, easy and functional user interface, optimized also for tablets.
Ready to go: it works offline without any further file to download!
♦ More than 388000 english definitions and large number of inflected forms
♦ You can leaf through words using your finger (swipe right and left)
♦ Manage your bookmarks, personal notes and search history
♦ Crossword help: the symbol ? can be used in place of single unknown letter. The symbol * can be used in place of any group of letters. The fullstop symbol . can be used to mark the end of a word.
♦ Random search button (shuffle), useful to learn new words
♦ Share word definition using other apps, like gmail or whatsapp
♦ Compatible with Moon+ Reader, FBReader and other applications via share button
♦ Backup&restore configuration, personal notes and bookmarks on local memory, Google Drive, Dropbox and Box clouds (available only if you have installed these applications on your device)
♦ Camera search via OCR Plugin, available only on devices with back camera. (Settings->Floating Action Button->Camera). The OCR Plugin has to be downloaded from Google Play.
♦ To search words with prefix, e.g. starting with ‘moon’, please write moon* and the dropdown list will show the words starting with ‘moon’
♦ To search words with suffix, e.g. ending with ‘moon’, please write *moon. and the dropdown list will show the words ending with ‘moon’
♦ To search words containing a word, e.g. ‘moon’, just write *moon* and the dropdown list will show the words containing ‘moon’
♦ Black and white themes with user defined text colors (press menu–>select Settings–>click on Theme)
♦ Optional Floating Action Button (FAB) supporting one of the following actions: Search, History, Favorites, Random search and Share option; Optional shake action with similar actions.
♦ Persistent Search option to get automatic keyboard at startup
♦ Text to speech options, including selection of British or American accent (press menu–>select Settings–>click on Text to Speech–>select Language)
♦ Number of items in history
♦ Customisable font size and line spacing, default screen orientation
♦ Start up option: home page, most recent word, random word or word of the day
♦ No voice output? Please follow instructions here: http://goo.gl/axXwR
Note: word pronunciation works only if voice data have been installed in your phone (Text-to-speech engine).
♦ British word pronunciation not working? Please follow instructions here: https://cutt.ly/beMDCbR
♦ Question & Answers: http://goo.gl/UnU7V
♦ Keep safe your bookmarks and notes, please read: https://goo.gl/d1LCVc
♦ Information about permissions used by the application can be found here: http://goo.gl/AsqT4C
♦ Download also the other livio offline dictionaries available in Google Play for a broader and unique experience
In case Moon+ Reader does not list my dictionary: open pop-up “Customize dictionary” and select “Open dictionary directly when Long-Tap on a word”
⚠ An offline dictionary needs memory. In case your device has low memory, please consider to use the online dictionary: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=livio.dictionary
Information for application developers:
✔ This application provides Dictionary API for 3rd party developers, please read further details: http://thesaurus.altervista.org/dictionary-android
This application requires the following permissions:
♢ INTERNET – to retrieve the definition of unknown words
♢ WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE (aka Photos/Media/Files) – to backup configuration and bookmarks”
5. Dictionary.com English Word Meanings & Definitions
With more than 2 million trusted definitions and synonyms, the Dictionary.com English dictionary and thesaurus app for Android is optimized with your mobile device in mind to help you learn English or improve your English vocabulary. It even works offline! Install the offline dictionary for access to definitions and synonyms whenever and wherever you need them — no bulky books necessary.
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this education app includes:
– Word of the Day – Learn a new word each day and expand your vocabulary education
– Synonyms — Get thesaurus content alongside your dictionary definitions
– Audio pronunciations – Never mispronounce another word
– Voice search – Find the definitions you’re looking for anywhere, anytime
– Wordplay — Improve your vocabulary with fun quizzes
– Word Puzzle – Can you score a perfect 10? Unscramble the letters in this fun word game!
– Grammar help – Get grammar tips, word usage, and more
– Favorite words and search history – Customize your recently searched word list, and never forget the newest words you’ve learned
– English spelling help – Not sure how a word is spelled? This app will find it for you.
– Learner’s dictionary – Includes extra information about word usage for English learners
Get even more from your app with our Upgrades:
– Example Sentences
– Idioms and Phrases
– Medical, Science, Rhyming Dictionaries
– Offline Dictionary + Remove ads
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Pro App.”
6. Dictionary – Merriam-Webster
And now we’ve added new word games! It’s never been more fun to learn new words and test your vocabulary for everyone from English learners to total word nerds. Hundreds of words to test your skills.
The app is free, and supported by ads.
No internet connection is required to view the definitions or thesaurus (although you do need a connection to view illustrations, hear audio pronunciations, and use voice search).
* New Vocabulary-Building Quizzes: fun, fast quizzes to learn new words or test your vocabulary
* Voice Search: look up a word without having to spell it
* Word of the Day: learn a new word every day.
* Integrated Thesaurus: synonyms & antonyms are included with the dictionary
* Example Sentences: understand how a word is used in context
* Quick Definitions: perfect for on-the-go lookups
* Audio Pronunciations: voiced by real English speakers, not text-to-speech robots
* Favorite Words and Search History: Keep track of the words that are most important to you
* For tablets: Scrolling Index – lets you browse the entire dictionary”