If you are looking for the Best Android App For Medical News to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android App For Medical News that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android App For Medical News, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android App For Medical News
“Medscape is the leading online destination for physicians and healthcare professionals worldwide. Designed to provide a personalized experience, the Medscape app offers the latest medical news and expert commentary in your specialty as well as drug and disease information, relevant professional education, and CME/CE activities. Access what you need, when you need it — for FREE.
* Get fast, reliable clinical answers all in one place with Medscape Decision Point. Medscape Decision Point combines evidence-based treatment options with trusted expert commentary. Now supporting multiple specialties, including Allergy, Cardiology, Dermatology, Hematology/Oncology, and Neurology.
* Access 400+ medical calculators, grouped by specialty for quicker and easier use!
* Check out other useful resources including our Drug Interaction Checker, Pill Identifier, step-by-step procedural videos, and more.
* Look up the most current prescribing and safety information on 8500+ prescription and OTC drugs, herbals, and supplements.
* Explore our tailored newsfeed; read the latest medical news and expert commentary in your specialty.
* Stay current with the latest FDA approvals, conference news, late-breaking clinical trial data, and more.
* Earn free CME/CE credits and ABIM MOC points on-the-go, and monitor your progress with our built-in Activity Tracker.
* Access the largest network for physicians and medical students with Consult.
* Use your Medscape account to access the Medscape app. Don’t have a Medscape account? You can sign up for free when you download the app—it takes only a few seconds.
Do you have feedback for the Medscape team? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org”
2. Muscle Trigger Point Anatomy
“A reference for trigger points and referral patterns for 108 muscles. Features 160 trigger points with their corresponding referral patterns, 80 conditions that can be caused by trigger points, and 25 videos that show how to release specific muscles. Each muscle includes the visual referral pattern and point location, plus a written muscle action, referral, origin, insertion, nerve, comments, and audio pronunciation for each muscle. You can choose to view each muscle individually, or use the zones view to see all the muscles that refer into a specific area (or for a specific condition). This is a great help in discovering the source of pain.
This app features all the scientifically proven trigger points and referral patterns as shown in the research.
Trigger points are tight places in a muscle that cause pain to be felt elsewhere in the body. This is great for massage therapists, physical therapists, chiropractors, or anyone wanting to discover the source of muscular pain, and learn about muscle function.”
UpToDate® Anywhere registrants and Individual subscribers can now answer their clinical questions anytime, anywhere by downloading this app onto an Android™ phone or tablet.
UpToDate is the leading clinical decision support resource with evidence-based clinical information – including drug topics and recommendations that clinicians rely on at the point of care.
UpToDate has been the subject of over 30 research studies confirming that widespread usage of UpToDate is associated with improved patient care and hospital performance.
UpToDate for Android Features:
• Persistent login
• Easy search with auto-completion
• Earn and track free CME/CE/CPD credit
• Bookmarks and history
• Mobile-optimized medical calculators
• Email topics and graphics to patients and colleagues
We would love to hear your feedback. Please contact us with questions or feedback at email@example.com. Thank you!
Permissions the UpToDate app requires and how it uses them:
• Network communications: used to download and update content from UpToDate.
• Permissions to store UpToDate Content/app preferences in the internal storage or external storage(SD Card).”
4. Short Cases in Medicine – OSCE for Medical Doctors
“A Medicine OSCE app containing 65+ medical cases to guide you through clinical examination in medical college. This is designed for professional healthcare workers like medical students, MBBS doctors and physicians.
This application provides a to the point, yet complete educational material to study medicine cases efficiently. It covers typical clinical cases encountered at the final MBBS, ERPM, PLAB, USMLE examinations.
An auscultation library is added which comprises of a wide range of high-quality heart & lung sounds along with animated phonocardiograms to enhance your learning.
✔ Cardiovascular System (CVS)
✔ Respiratory System (RS)
✔ Abdominal Examination
✔ Cranial Nerves
✔ Lower Limb
✔ Upper Limb
✔ Ophthalmoscopy (Fundoscopy)
» A Methodical Approach to Examination
» Sample Case Presentations
» Common OSCE FAQs
» 900+ Pictures Related to Medicine
» Flashcards for Last-minute Revision
» Clinical Skill Training Mode
» Bookmark Favourite Medical Cases
The distinctive feature is that it offers a step-wise sequence of OSCE examination which seems to be lacking in most textbooks in Medicine.
For doctors, the acquisition of accurate examination techniques and confidence takes time and exposure to real patients in hospitals. But this medical app will be of great help for you to improve your clinical skills, even on your way. Learn Medicine OSCE skills more effectively and be a competent doctor.”
5. Medical News Online
“* The most popular and up-to-date medical news from various sources.
* Context to advancements in medicine and health worldwide.
* The latest contents of various medical journals, with article summaries.
* Last 24 Hours
* All Unreads
* All Stars
* All Podcasts
* Switch Theme (Light/Dark)
* Explore and Choose your Sources (Add/Delete)
* Sort by Category (Neurology, Oncology, Surgery etc…)
SOURCES: Various medical journals & newspapers
SORT BY CATEGORY:
NEUROLOGY / NEUROSCIENCE
PSYCHIATRY & PSYCHOLOGY
Stem Cell Research
Rehabilitation / Physical Therapy
PEDIATRICS / Children’s Health
Gynecology & Obstetrics
Urology / Nephrology
Plastic Surgery / Cosmetic Medicine
Ear, Nose and Throat
Radiology / Nuclear Medicine
Pharmacology / Medications / Clinical Trials
Regulatory Affairs / Drug Approvals
Sexual Health & Relationships
Pregnancy and Childbirth
Nutrition / Diet
Smoking / Quit Smoking
Obesity / Weight Loss / Fitness
Seniors & Healthy Aging
Dentistry & Oral Health
Nursing / Midwifery