If you are looking for the Best Android App For Moon Photography to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best Android App For Moon Photography that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best Android App For Moon Photography, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best Android App For Moon Photography
1. Light Pollution Map – Dark Sky & Astronomy Tools
“Light Pollution Map allows you to easily locate dark sites where the sky will not be affected by light pollution, allowing the best observance, star gazing, and photography of the night sky! But it’s not just a light pollution map. There’s many more features and tools for the hardcore astronomer. You’ll soon realize Light Pollution Map is the only app you need to master the night. Scroll down and read to see the most important features:
Light Pollution Map
Integrated Light Pollution Map helps you find the darkest places near you for the best viewing of the night sky. Includes the ability to save and load your favorite dark sky locations, fully adjust the light pollution map overlay opacity and map type, and a unique “horizon safe radius tool” to avoid light pollution on the distant horizon!
Cloud Cover Map & Temperature Info
With an integrated cloud cover map and temperature indicator, always know before you even step outside if it’s worth going outside to see the night sky!
Overlay an Aurora layer on the Light Pollution Map to see where the best viewing of the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) currently is.
Follow the international space station on a live map, see when it’s flying above your location, who is currently on the ISS, view a live ISS webcam, and more!
Alerts & Notifications
Configure the app to send you alerts & notifications for the next meteor shower, super moon, or lunar eclipse. The app can also alert you when aurora activity is high and viewing is good at your current location, and alert you when the international space station will be flying above you.
Find moon phases and moon rise and set times for any date and any location. Also see more detailed info about the moon!
Live Aurora and Magnetic Field Info
See live information about the aurora such as KP value, viewing probability, magnetic field Bz, Density, and speed.
Get access to many different astronomy related calculators!
Live Aurora Webcams
Explore live aurora borealis webcams from around the world, and also see live graphs of the magnetosphere.
Moon Position Tool
Always know where the Moon will rise or set for any location, at any time and any date. Also has Moon Rise and Moon Set times.
Night Sky Calendar
Find the best days for meteor showers, lunar eclipses, and super moons for any day, past or present.
Live NASA SOHO Images
See live images of the Sun from NASA’s Solar and Heliospheric Observatory.
Astronomy Photo of the Day
See an awesome new astronomy photo every day!
Enable and put widgets on your android home screen to show aurora information, cloud cover percentage, temperature info, astronomy photo of the day, and the time total darkness begins and ends.
Night Mode & AMOLED Themes
Darken the app to either save battery life, or put out less light pollution in the dark when you are stargazing.
And a lot more!
Some features are not available in the free version and may require an additional in-app purchase. We offering several upgrade packs, or a monthly subscription with free trial.”
2. Stellarium Plus – Star Map
Identify stars, constellations, planets, comets, satellites (such as the ISS), and other deep sky objects in real time in the sky above you in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This astronomy application has an easy to use and minimalist user interface, that makes it one of the best astronomical applications for adults and children who want to explore the night sky.
This Plus version will also satisfy the most demanding astronomy enthusiasts thanks to its massive collection of sky objects (up to magnitude 22 versus magnitude 10 in the standard version) and advanced observing features for controlling telescopes or preparing observing sessions.
Stellarium Plus features:
★ View an accurate night sky simulation of stars and planets for any date, time and location.
★ Dive in a collection of many stars, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters and other deep sky objects.
★ Discover how people living in other regions of the planet see the stars by selecting the shapes and illustrations of the constellations for many sky cultures.
★ Track artificial satellites, including the International Space Station.
★ Simulate landscape and atmosphere with realistic sunrise, sunset and atmosphere refraction.
★ Discover 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites.
★ Observe the sky in night mode (red) to preserve your eyes adaptation to darkness.
★ Reach the limit of knowledge by diving in a massive collection of stars, nebulas, galaxies, star clusters and other deep sky objects:
• All known stars: Gaia DR2 catalog of over 1.69 billion stars
• All known planets, natural satellites and comets, and many other minor solar system objects (10k asteroids)
• Most known deep sky objects: a combined catalog of over 2 million nebulas and galaxies
★ Zoom almost without limits on high resolution images of deep sky objects or planetary surfaces.
★ Observe in the field, even without internet connection, with a “reduced” set of data: 2 million stars, 2 million Deep Sky Objects, 10k asteroids.
★ Control your telescope through Bluetooth or WIFI: drive any GOTO telescope compatible with NexStar, SynScan or LX200 protocols.
★ Prepare your observing sessions using the advanced observation tools, to predict a celestial object observability and transit times.
Stellarium Plus – Star Map is made by the original creator of Stellarium, the well known open source planetarium and one of the best astronomy applications on Desktop PC.”
3. ProCam X ( HD Camera Pro )
“ProCam X will turn your phone into professional camera wanna be, with full control over exposure, focus, white balance, ISO and another features like a professional camera, which can bring your mobile photography to the next level. Take the best capture of your photo and even record your video in high resolution.
☆ HD Camera Pro : best camera features : ☆
✓ Control exposure (lock / adjust value)
✓ Control white balance
✓ Manual ISO *
✓ Manual focus *
✓ Manual shutter speed *
✓ Burst shooting mode
✓ Set custom video bit rate
✓ Realtime filter / color effect
✓ Anti Shake
* On supported devices with camera2api enable
It’s excellent fast camera features perform quickly giving your fast camera performance which is able to take many pictures at some interval in burst mode, very useful for creating stop motion or time lapse video
Create photos with different effects and another shotpro hd camera pro features like manual exposure lock, manual ISO, white balance, hd camera pro grid view, golden ratio grid, etc. and reach the highest level of photography with this professional camera to do shotpro
Best camera key features are described as below :
* Burst camera mode with configurable delay to create stop motion or create time lapse video
* Face detection / facial recognition
* Front back hd camera pro selection.
* Professional camera hd features: Scene mode, focus mode, burst mode, color effects, white balance, and manual exposure lock, manual ISO.
* Choose to and 4k video quality and resolution.
* 4K camera recording (With optional audio recording) like az camera hd
* Option to turn off the shutter sound.
* GUI to change the orientation without any pause works in any direction.
* Adjustable volume keys (image to zoom receive or change the exposure compensation).
* Excellent shotpro like the best camera hd performance
* Remote control (optional audio countdown) timer (with configurable delay) automatic repeat mode.
* Customable volume keys to perform quick operation like az camera
* DSLR camera feature to adjust shutter speed
* Manual Focus like DSLR camera
* DSLR camera feature to choose manual ISO
* Manual Exposure shotpro
* Interval Shot for time lapse and stop motion
* Location targeting feature
* Remove with multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Option to lock the photo or 4k video in portrait or landscape orientation.
* 4K video recording on supported device, turn your phone into 4k camera
* Realtime Photo Filter
* Photo Grid : 4K camera app, golden ratio line
* Disable the shutter sound / silent camera app when take photo or record 4k video
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging), photos and videos; For photos that compass direction contains.
* A date and time stamp on photos, location coordinates and implements a custom text.
* (Some) external microphone support.
* Manual focusing distance; manual ISO
* pro camera exposure lock
* RAW (DNG) files on front az camera
* Manual ISO / iso manual or just balance ISO ( set iso manual )
* Flash mode feature
* Brightness / exposure setting
* Best camera for creating time lapse or stop motion which required interval shooting
* Unlock az camera app capability to record at 4k camera on supported devices
All complete features packaged in small compact size and clean interface,
Download this professional camera hd and start record your 4k video
To use manual features you need device with Android 5.0 and up with camera2 API enabled by your phone’s vendor.”
It utilizes the hand-operated control function of the camera and allowed you to take pictures of the bright moon in the night sky with appropriate brightness by turning down exposure.
In addition, it makes the pattern on the moon clear by emphasizing black parts with combining the plural images after consecutive shots.
It has HDR function for daytime photographs, and you can take pictures easily with high dynamic range by changing the number of the consecutive shots and composition sheets.
You can use more than 40 kinds of filters which make various effects to the photographs.
You become able to use all functions by purchasing a paid version.
This app functions are as follows.
(1) Photography function for a crescent moon, a waxing moon and a full moon.
It combine the plural images of the consecutive shots of the moon in the night sky into one high-definition image using the most suitable multiple exposure technique.
It sets each exposure in response to a crescent moon, a waxing moon or a full moon appropriately.
It combines photos of 1-3 times of consecutive shots into one.
(Some models might not be able to set adequate exposure level)
(2) HDR function
It combines photos of consecutive shots changing exposure with each timing into one piece of photo which has artificially expanded dynamic range.
You can set the number of consecutive shots to 1-20.
(3) Camera function
・Indication of exposure information
It displays ISO level, shutter speed and aperture stop in real time.
(Some models do not display them)
・White balance setting
In addition to automatic setting, you can set the white balance corresponding to the conditions such as incandescent, daylight, shade, etc.
You can zoom in or out by flipping down or up action.
In addition to the maximum zoom magnification that the camera permits, it independently enlarges zoom magnification.
In this case, it surrounds the zoom area with green frame lines and let you know easily a zoom position at the whole.
You can select all resolution that a camera has.
(Only in the paid version)
(4) Other functions
It minimizes the position displacement in combining the plural images at the consecutive shots.
The photographs taken by this app are stored in the storage and you can see the list of them on a list screen. (Only in the paid version)
You can delete the image by tapping an ✖️icon and choosing images, then tapping a trash box icon.
When you tap a thumbnail, the image will be enlarged.
When you tap an editing icon here, it displays a list of filters for image processing.
This app has about 40 filters such as ‘Brightness’,’Contrast’,’Blur’,’Sharpening’,’Sepia’,’Monochrome’,’Edge detection’, ‘Sketch’ and so on.
Select a filter from these filters and you can do actual processing to the image on the screen by the selected filter. The image processed can be stored in the storage, then you can do another processing subsequently.
You can share photographs through email or various SNS.
This app includes the following open sources.
・openCV(Copyright (C) 2000-2015, Intel Corporation, all rights reserved.; Copyright (C) 2009-2011, Willow Garage Inc., all rights reserved.; Copyright (C) 2009-2015, NVIDIA Corporation, all rights reserved.; Copyright (C) 2010-2013, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., all rights reserved.; Copyright (C) 2015, OpenCV Foundation, all rights reserved.; Copyright (C) 2015, Itseez Inc., all rights reserved.)
・GPUImage for android(Copyright 2012 CyberAgent, Inc.)
・GPUImage(Copyright (c) 2012, Brad Larson, Ben Cochran, Hugues Lismonde, Keitaroh Kobayashi, Alaric Cole, Matthew Clark, Jacob Gundersen, Chris Williams. All rights reserved.)”
◎ You can shoot beautiful night scenery as surprisingly in handheld shooting.
◎ Penlight art and shooting of the starry sky are also possible with bulb shooting.
How, Penlight Art can shoot well without a tripod even if you hold it.
(It’s okay if you hold firmly so that you do not move too much as you set aside!)
◎ The dark night scenery is clearly bright and can be taken beautifully.
◎ Illumination and fireworks can be taken with plenty of realism.
Even if you do not have camera knowledge, you can leave the setting with a simple wizard function.
After that, anyone can easily shoot by simply pressing the shutter.
It is a camera application to take beautiful night view.
In night scenes where the light intensity is insufficient, many noises are inevitable.
Even though I think that it is sufficiently bright with shooting such as dusk, it is surprisingly noisy.
The noise disappears if it is exposed for a long time, but if it is not fixed with a tripod it can not shake properly.
“Night camera” solves this problem.
By compositing composite (multi shot NR), noise is drastically reduced, and by the automatic blur correction function, it is realized to capture a beautiful night view with handheld shooting.
Moreover, because it corresponds to the shutter with the volume button of the remote control, it is possible to shoot more strongly against blur.
Furthermore, in situations such as photographing a child sleeping in a dark room or shooting a pet, the shutter sound often becomes an obstacle, so the volume of the shutter can be adjusted.
We support it on twitter.
Auto Shooting and manual setting as DSLR
* Shutter Speed
* ISO Sensitivity
* White balance
* Self timer
■ limit free edition
This app is a free version, with the following restrictions.
• There is a limit save the image size, transfer applications, Twitter, when sending mail
(Image size of at least limit, reduce)
Banner ads will be displayed.
To buy the full version and enjoy regular in-app purchases, these restrictions will be canceled.
※ When you purchase, please check the free version works well.”
PhotoPills è pensato per tutti: fotografi esperti, videomaker professionisti, utenti alle prime armi. Con PhotoPills sarà sempre piacevole ideare, progettare e scattare immagini uniche.
* Tutto in uno
Il primo planner basato su mappe 2D di Sole, Luna e Via Lattea – Ricerca rapida allineamenti di Sole e Luna – Realtà aumentatata 3D: Sole, Luna, Via Lattea, Equatore Celeste, Stella Polare, PdC, AdC – Gestione progetti fotografici – Strumento di ricerca location – Info: Alba/Tramonto, date Superluna, calendario lunare – Calcolatori: Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trail, Lunghe Esposizioni, Tabelle distanza iperfocale, PdC, AdC, Distanza del soggetto, Corrispondenza lunghezze focali – Guida utente e tanto altro…
** NOTA: Opzioni di realtà aumentata di questa applicazione fanno uso della bussola del dispositivo. Alcuni dispositivi non possono avere una bussola.
* Approvato dai migliori fotografi
“PhotoPills è uno strumento inestimabile che uso ogni qualvolta devo pianificare uno scatto.” – Mark Gee, Fotografo Astronomico dell’Anno
“Uno strumento che ogni fotografo dovrebbe avere” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com
* Prendi il controllo
Ti è mai capitato di passeggiare in un luogo e pensare “Che peccato che la luna non sia PROPRIO in quel punto…sarebbe venuta una foto fantastica!”? E che dire del sole o della Via Lattea? Ora puoi far correre la fantasia e calcolare quando succederà:
– Immagina: la Via Lattea ad incorniciare un bel paesaggio, la luna piena collocata sotto un arco in pietra, un’alba tra due rocce giganti su una spiaggia magica, un tramonto sulla via principale della tua città o un’incredibile luna piena che fa capolino da una collina vicina.
– Pianifica: calcola con semplicità data e ora esatte in cui si materializzerà la scena che hai immaginato: PhotoPills ti faciliterà il lavoro!
– Scatta: esci, goditi la natura e divertiti a catturare momenti unici.
* Nessuna frustrazione
Non importa quante idee tu abbia in mente, calcola rapidamente se lo scatto è possibile o meno. Evita di perdere tempo prezioso in inutili ricerche!
* Mai più sprecare scene imperdibili
Crea una lista delle foto pianificate e arriva sul posto in tempo.
* Ottieni il risultato desiderato
Prepara la foto prima dello scatto per ottenere la composizione perfetta. Utilizza la Realtà Aumentata 3D per capire se Sole, Luna, Via Lattea, equatore celeste e stella polare si troveranno nella posizione desiderata al momento dello scatto.
* Scopri luoghi splendidi, crea un database con i tuoi luoghi preferiti
Se trovi un luogo da ricordare, usa PhotoPills per salvarlo come Punto di Interesse. Aggiungi uno scatto fatto con il tuo telefono e inserisci delle note.
* Concentrati sulla creatività: lascia i calcoli a noi nerd della matematica!
– Calcola: impostazioni per timelapse, lunghe esposizioni equivalenti, simulazioni di star trail, max. tempo di esposizione per fotograre le stelle come punti luminosi, impostazioni per ottenere il livello desiderato di dettaglio, impostazioni per l’angolo di campo desiderato, selezione lenti e distanza dal soggetto per l’inquadratura desiderata, distanza min. dal soggetto per catturarlo a fuoco, lunghezze focali equivalenti per produrre lo stesso AdC, ecc.
– Prevedi: posizione e percorso di Sole, Luna, Via Lattea, Equatore Celeste e Stella Polare.
* Condividi le tue creazioni
PhotoPills consente di mostrare i risultati ad amici, parenti o a tutti. Condividi con pochi gesti i tuoi progetti, luoghi segreti e i vari calcoli su Facebook, Twitter o entrambi.
Esporta via e-mail progetti e luoghi. Invita gli amici ad unirsi a te. Gli utenti di PhotoPills potranno importare e studiare lo scatto che hai pianificato.
Che aspetti? Scarica ora PhotoPills e inizia a scattare foto epiche!”
7. Photographer’s companion
“This application will help you to abandon the automatic mode of your cameras that does not do everything and control everything. For more experienced photographers, it can simplify the settings by doing the calculations for you (/! The camera must be adjusted manually).
In any case, it is not a magic application to make beautiful pictures every time, but it will allow you to find a basic setting to refine to get the best picture you think.
It is aimed at professional or amateur photographers (basic knowledge is required) and offers the tools to:
– Calculate the alternative/equivalent exposure (manages the ND filter and long exposures)
– Calculate the depth of field, hyperfocal and simulation of Bokeh
– Calculate the field of view
– Calculate the shutter speed to freeze the motion of a subject
– Capture/Photograph sunrise/sunset, the golden hours and the blue hours
– Get the position of the sun, time of sunrise/sunset, golden hour, blue time and monthly calendar
– Capture/Photograph the moon based on the phase of the day
– Capture/Photograph moonlit landscapes
– Get the position of the moon, the hour of moonrise/moonset and the monthly calendar
– Capture/Photograph the stars, the milky way without or with star trails (Simulator)
– Capture/Photograph the northern lights
– Capture/Photograph the lightning and the fireworks
– Calculate the best setting for an EV (exposure value) given
– Calculate distance or aperture with a flash
– Calculate the optimum settings according to the lighting of the place (Light Meter)
– Calculate for the macro photo the possible magnification with a close-up lens or an extension tube
– Calculate the print size
– Time lapse
– Get/Set the characteristics of a camera (sensor size, crop factor, sensor resolution, ISO range, shutter speed range, circle of confusion)
A countdown is available for long exposures.
If this app is right for you, you can switch to Photographer’s Companion Pro (no ads with more features).
Do not hesitate to contact me, if you have ideas for changes, improvements, any bugs or for translations (firstname.lastname@example.org).
12 languages available: EN, DE, ES, FR, IT, NL, PL, PT, RU, SL, TR, ZH-TW”
8. A Better Camera
“All-purpose, full featured camera for Android:
* HDR: bright colors and rich detail, the pictures look like a professional camera shot
* Panorama: up to 360 degrees to 100 MPix
* Multishot: Group portrait, Sequence shot, Removing unwanted objects with one click
* Night mode
* Video recording + pause
* Video and photo time lapse
* Pre-shot: pictures are taken before pressing
* Burst and Expo-bracketing
* Different kinds of focusing
* ISO option
* RAW capture (Nexus 5 with Android 5 currently)
* Focus and expo metering by separate points
* Manual controls (focus and shutter speed priority) available for Nexus 5, 6 and LG Flex 2
+ full access to all Camera controls, settings and functions
Unlocked version ABC Unlocked.
Try our ABC Widget. Fast access to any mode from your home screen!
Forget about having dozens of camera apps. A Better Camera does everything you need.
A number of top ranked Android camera apps such as HDR Camera+, Night Camera+ and HD Panorama+ have been melted into A Better Camera to provide you with the best, all-purpose, full featured camera app.
Video has great features, such as time lapse, and can be used with focus lock, exposure lock and white balance lock!
Being open to 3rd party developers, this application aggregates the experience of Android developers community to provide you with the most complete set of the best imaging features ever!
Join us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/abettercam
We’re on Google+ https://plus.google.com/112729683723267883775
Google+ users https://plus.google.com/communities/103957012133107908911″