If you are looking for the Best Android App For Naps to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Naps that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Naps, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Naps
1. Awoken – Lucid Dreaming Tool
– Dream Journal with optional pin-protection: Have a silent notification ready each morning to start recollecting your dream. Keep your journal entries in a searchable list and protect your dreams if needed.
– Reality Checking: Reminders to analyze your surroundings, so you can learn to check if you are dreaming.
– Dream Clues: low audio cues that can trigger your lucid dreaming by playing a special Totem Sound you choose.
– Cloud backup of your dreams! Create an optional cloud account to backup your dreams if you want to.
– Dream Patterns: The most common words and themes from your journal can be viewed in a list so you can analyze your dreams better.
– Pausing your training: Learning lucid dreaming takes some time. Sometimes you want to pause your training for just a few days.
– Oneironaut Achievements: An explorer of dream worlds is called an Oneironaut. Follow you progress and keep track of your stats.
– Dark theme across the whole app is now available as a premium feature.
– Continuous Speech-To-Text in the dream journal, for when you’re just awake enough to start collecting your subconscious adventure, but not awake enough to want to use the keyboard.
Lucid dreaming is learning to know you are dreaming, while you are dreaming. Becoming aware that you are dreaming allows you to shape, influence and direct your dreams with clarity, instead of being uncritically controlled by them. This app will train you to achieve lucidity in your dreams and understand them better by revealing their patterns.
When you are aware of being in a dream, you can also learn to master experiences that aren’t possible in waking reality. You can fly, breathe under water or whatever else you put your mind to. With the sensations as real as in waking life. Your mind is the only limit.
It is reported that lucid dreaming can also help to overcome nightmares, be used to rehearse success for real life scenarios and be used train creativity.
Become awoken – Start dreaming for real!
Awoken is a lucid dreaming guide with a free dream diary, cloud sync, lucid dreaming info and techniques to achieve clear dreams. It can help you master lucid dreaming, achieve lucidity, and act as a trainer and helper. When you wake up, the app can have a silent notification ready, so you can write down your dream. There’s an optional dream cloud module, that can sync your dream entries to Google’s app engine. Dream back up can be useful if you loose your device .There’s also a premium feature dream pattern analyzer.You can also protect our journal with password in the form of a pin. The dream analyzer takes the words and hashtags from your journal/diary and gathers them in an nice overview. So you can explore your dream patterns and dream themes better.
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to determine synchronizations if you have cloud backup activated.
android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS: When you choose cloud backup, you must choose an account to attach it to.
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: A requirement to use Google’s backend cloud system. No personal information is being gathered or saved on the external storage.
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE: A requirement to use Google’s backend cloud system. No personal device-information is being gathered or saved.
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: For resetting reality checks and such on a restart.
android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO: Only used for speech-to-text in the dream journal if/when the user activates it.
android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS: A requirement to use Google’s backend cloud system.
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: A requirement to use Google’s backend cloud system. No personal information is being gathered or saved here.
com.android.vending.BILLING: To upgrade to premium version.”
2. Sleep Cycle: Sleep Tracker
“Relax, sleep better and wake up feeling rested with Sleep Cycle, the smart alarm clock. Track sleep from bedtime to morning, and get detailed analysis with the app that makes waking up in the morning just that bit easier.
Track sleep using your phone and start your day feeling energized with our intelligent alarm clock and sleep tracker. Its unique design only wakes you up while you’re in your light sleep phase. Plus, you’ll get detailed reports as Sleep Cycle monitors your sleep patterns, from bedtime until you’re waking up. Track sleep and use the data to help you sleep better today!
⏰ Waking up made easy – 5 reasons you’ll love Sleep Cycle:
1. Sleep better with a gentle wake up call – Sleep Cycle’s alarm clock wakes you up while you’re in light sleep and is a natural way to start your day.
2. Relax at bedtime and track sleep easily – Learn about your sleep patterns with detailed analysis.
3. A sleep tracker with a difference – There’s no phone under your pillow, you can track sleep by placing your device on the nightstand or close by on the floor.
4. Your health comes first – Your sleep data and reports will help you feel great inside and out.
5. Sleep better – Relax and let Sleep Cycle analyse your light sleep, deep sleep and overall health.
Relax with a good night’s sleep that will do wonders for your health.
Download Sleep Cycle today – waking up in the morning has never been easier!
√ Sleep analysis with Sleep Cycle patented sound technology, or accelerometer
√ Detailed sleep statistics and daily sleep graphs
√ Carefully selected alarm melodies
√ Snooze by shaking or double tapping the phone lightly
√ Customizable wake-up window. From instant (regular alarm clock), up to 90 minutes
√ Sound recorder & Trends – Capture snoring, sleep talking and other sounds and view your trends
√ Longterm sleep tracker trends
√ Compare your sleep data to world sleep statistics
√ Sleep aid – helps you fall asleep easier
√ Sleep notes – see how events such as drinking coffee, stress, working out, or eating late affect your sleep quality
√ Wake up mood – see how Sleep Cycle affects your wake up mood
√ Online backup – lets you secure your sleep data online
√ Export sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
Ability to charge your phone by the bed.
Ability to place your phone near the bed, such as on a nightstand table or on the floor.
With Sleep Cycle on Wear OS, you can wake up rested with a gentle vibration on your wrist, without waking anyone else.”
3. PrimeNap: Free Sleep Tracker
PrimeNap also features a screen dimmer, sleep statistics, snore detection, sleep sounds and a dream journal.
* Free Sleep monitor / Sleep tracker
* Sleep debt analysis
* Smart alarm / sleep cycle alarm clock
* Gradual volume increase
* Snore detection
* Easy snooze using multitouch, add 5 minutes per finger
* Screen dimmer
* Red filter
* Dream journal
* Sleep stats for user-specified daily activities
* Sleep sounds
Benefits of using a sleep tracker and sleep cycle alarm clock / smart alarm
With modern day work schedules, our sleep patterns have become widely irregular and oftentimes much shorter than they should be. PrimeNap’s Sleep Tracker can help you analyze your sleeping patterns and correct them if necessary. Using PrimeNap’s smart alarm functionality, you can avoid being pulled out of deep sleep by a well-meaning time-based alarm clock, and instead wake up gently after sleep cycle completion and thereby simulate a natural awakening.
How it works: Movement during sleep is known to roughly correlate with the actual sleep stages obtained by polysomniography. This sleep movement is registered by the phone and translated into fairly accurate sleep cycle information.
Recommended use: Use this sleep app with proper hardware. If convenient, switch on airplane/flight mode to minimize any emissions. Reboot or close other apps that might cause the phone to heat up during the night.
Frequently Asked Questions:
* How do you interpret the resulting graph?
– The graph is separated into two sections. The top section shows relative movement over time. Low measured movement will be a valley in the graph, high movement will be a peak in the graph.
The bottom section uses the movement information to calculate a rough estimate of your sleep cycles (numbered on top) and even individual sleep phases during each sleep cycle (Awake, Dreaming (REM), Light Sleep (Non-REM 1,N2), Deep Sleep (N3). The app uses the actual measurement (e.g. long stretches of low movement are likely to be deep sleep), averages (mainly in case of REM) and basic knowledge about sleep cycles (duration approx. 90 minutes) to create a reasonable best-fit hypnogram graph. This is why it will still show sleep cycles if the phone is placed on a desk. The app assumes that the user is actually sleeping.
* How is this going to help improve sleep?
– For most people best sleep is achieved through regular sleeping patterns (similar bedtime) averaging about 8 hours of sleep every day. The app is meant to assist people in finding out their exact sleeping patterns in order to make informed changes. The sleeping times are thus most important, the information shown in the graphs is mainly used by the smart alarm function.
* How do you add your own nap sessions if you forget to track them?
– On the third tab (Nap History) there is a button in the bottom right corner labeled “+1”.
* How do you delete nap sessions?
– Click and Hold the nap that you want to delete. Select the corresponding item from the menu that will appear.
* How do you resume a nap session?
– Simply click the sleep button again to start a new nap. The app will automatically know that there have been previous sleep cycles and will continue there. Both sleep sessions will appear in the sleep pattern overview.
* What does the button “Phone off = Sleep” do?
– This is an option for people who turn their phone off during the night. If you turn your phone off completely, the app will count this as going to bed. Turning it back on in the morning is counted as waking up.
* What is “Wake Battery”
– This is a way of displaying the current sleep debt as a battery icon in the status bar. This needs adjustment and always sleep if tired.”
4. “Pzizz – Sleep, Nap, Focus”
“…Hibbert credits the app for helping cure his insomnia and diminish his postgame dependence on Ambien.” – NBA Star Roy Hibbert speaking to Sports Illustrated
“That night, I nestled under my covers, downloaded the full version of Pzizz and turned it on… I was out before 20 minutes had passed and haven’t looked back since.” – Jenna Wortham, New York Times
“Pzizz helps you get to sleep faster and get more restful sleep with a combination of soothing sounds and voice cues aimed at helping you relax, destress, and get to sleep. In my experience, it works really well.” – Adam Pash, Lifehacker
HOW IT WORKS
Using the latest clinical research (see our website for in-depth details), the app’s patented system plays you “dreamscapes”— a sleep-optimized mix of music, voiceover, and sound effects that change each night, to quickly quiet your mind, put you to sleep, keep you asleep, and then wake you up feeling refreshed.
If you want to sleep better at night or take incredible power naps during the day, this is the app for you! All you have to do is listen to Pzizz. Headphones/earbuds are recommended for optimal effectiveness, but your built-in phone speaker will work too.
Beat your insomnia with our ‘sleep module’ to fall asleep fast, stay asleep, and wakeup feeling refreshed. Personalize your sleep experience with customizable options including “3D Voice” and an energetic “Wakeup;” three and a half minutes of music crafted to gently bring you back from slumber and start your day with energy.
Napping has been proven to enhance performance, alertness, and improve your mood. Customize your naps with our specially designed nap narrations and music. Get rid of that groggy feeling and improve your overall well-being.
The ‘focus module’ is music designed to help you get more work done.
Built around ‘focuscapes,’ environments of sound that help you get in the zone and be productive, backed by the same thorough research we use to create our dreamscapes.
Each focuscape has a ‘focus’ section which gets you into full concentration and a ‘cooldown’ section which brings you back out gently.
WHAT MAKES PZIZZ SO MUCH BETTER?
*Simplicity* Sleep at the push of a button! Unlike other sleep solutions, you don’t have to change your behavior, keep a sleep diary, or limit your activities. Just listen to Pzizz, and enjoy incredible sleep.
*No Side Effects* Our only side effect is sleep! Unlike medications or supplements, you’ll never have to worry about adverse effects.
*Variety* Every time you listen to Pzizz it creates a unique session for you. This ensures your brain doesn’t get fatigued from hearing the same things over and over again, and helps maintain effectiveness over time.
*Highly customizable* Adjust sleep duration, volumes, 3D effect, and voice gender for a fully personalized listening experience.
*Clinically Validated* Pzizz is incredibly effective and clinically validated. Read more about the science behind Pzizz at blog.pzizz.com.
TRY IT NOW FOR FREE
Try Pzizz “Pro” free for seven days. After your trial ends you can choose to keep Pro or use the “Classic” version, which is completely free. There’s a break down of what’s free vs pro on the app’s pricing page.”
“This app is one of the simplest apps in the store. But you will use it a lot. Set an alarm when you are going to take a small nap is not too much work, but a timer is better! Just in two taps you will have a countdown running. There are ready-to-use naps with the common durations, or you can create new ones. You can also delete that ones not needed.
Take your time to explore the settings. You can customize the app to fit exactly to your personality. For example you can choose the snooze time.
Stop calculating to use the alarm clock, use Nap!”
6. Gentle Nap – Power Napping & Sounds
Watch the sunset to clear your mind. This helps to calm down and prepare your body for a after-lunch sleep. Use earphones or headphones to blend out noises from the environment. The ocean waves cover a wide frequency spectrum so that other noises get unnoticed by the brain. The sound of the ocean waves will decrease in volume over time. This will create a meditation kind of effect and take you to a light sleep phase.
Wake up gently from the catnap
Slowly increasing sound of birds twittering will get you out again of the light sleep phase. This pleasant sound signals your brain that there is no reason to speed up the wake up process and you get the maximum refreshment.
Power napping is possible everywhere
Whether you have a lunch break from hard work, are traveling by bus, train or plane or just had a bad night’s sleep you can refresh best with a short nap. An afternoon nap of 10-30 minutes will keep you in the light sleep phase so you do not feel groggy when you wake up.
✓ Sleep Timer: A set timer of 30 minutes will turn off light and sound.
✓ Alarm Clock: Alarm will rise gently at end of powernap
✓ Fading out sound: The ocean waves will clear your mind and suppress background noises. (ASMR)
✓ Fading in sound: Wake up with birds twittering.
✓ Adjust sound volume: Set the starting and ending volume which feels most pleasant for sleeping.
✓ Sunset and Sunrise: If you are in a dark room you can also benefit from a sunset and sunrise simulation.
✓ Hide sleep clock: Optionally hide the sleep clock to enjoy the full sunset.
✓ Articles: Read articles how to improve your sleep and wake up.
Prevent sleep disorders
Gentle sleep sounds and gentle light may help with sleep disorders caused by stress, jet lag, depression, migraine, headache, motivation, tinnitus, insomnia, burn-out, autism, PTSD, anxiety disorder, ADHD, mental disorder. Please note that the app is not a medical product and sleep disorders should always be clarified by a doctor. But it may relieve you from sleeping pills.”