If you are looking for the Best Android App For Night Sky Photography to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Night Sky Photography that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Night Sky Photography, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Night Sky Photography
1. Light Pollution Map – Dark Sky & Astronomy Tools
“Light Pollution Map allows you to easily locate dark sites where the sky will not be affected by light pollution, allowing the best observance, star gazing, and photography of the night sky! But it’s not just a light pollution map. There’s many more features and tools for the hardcore astronomer. You’ll soon realize Light Pollution Map is the only app you need to master the night. Scroll down and read to see the most important features:
Light Pollution Map
Integrated Light Pollution Map helps you find the darkest places near you for the best viewing of the night sky. Includes the ability to save and load your favorite dark sky locations, fully adjust the light pollution map overlay opacity and map type, and a unique “horizon safe radius tool” to avoid light pollution on the distant horizon!
Cloud Cover Map & Temperature Info
With an integrated cloud cover map and temperature indicator, always know before you even step outside if it’s worth going outside to see the night sky!
Overlay an Aurora layer on the Light Pollution Map to see where the best viewing of the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis) currently is.
Follow the international space station on a live map, see when it’s flying above your location, who is currently on the ISS, view a live ISS webcam, and more!
Alerts & Notifications
Configure the app to send you alerts & notifications for the next meteor shower, super moon, or lunar eclipse. The app can also alert you when aurora activity is high and viewing is good at your current location, and alert you when the international space station will be flying above you.
Find moon phases and moon rise and set times for any date and any location. Also see more detailed info about the moon!
Live Aurora and Magnetic Field Info
See live information about the aurora such as KP value, viewing probability, magnetic field Bz, Density, and speed.
Get access to many different astronomy related calculators!
Live Aurora Webcams
Explore live aurora borealis webcams from around the world, and also see live graphs of the magnetosphere.
Moon Position Tool
Always know where the Moon will rise or set for any location, at any time and any date. Also has Moon Rise and Moon Set times.
Night Sky Calendar
Find the best days for meteor showers, lunar eclipses, and super moons for any day, past or present.
Live NASA SOHO Images
See live images of the Sun from NASA’s Solar and Heliospheric Observatory.
Astronomy Photo of the Day
See an awesome new astronomy photo every day!
Enable and put widgets on your android home screen to show aurora information, cloud cover percentage, temperature info, astronomy photo of the day, and the time total darkness begins and ends.
Night Mode & AMOLED Themes
Darken the app to either save battery life, or put out less light pollution in the dark when you are stargazing.
And a lot more!
Some features are not available in the free version and may require an additional in-app purchase. We offering several upgrade packs, or a monthly subscription with free trial.”
2. ProCam X ( HD Camera Pro )
“ProCam X will turn your phone into professional camera wanna be, with full control over exposure, focus, white balance, ISO and another features like a professional camera, which can bring your mobile photography to the next level. Take the best capture of your photo and even record your video in high resolution.
☆ HD Camera Pro : best camera features : ☆
✓ Control exposure (lock / adjust value)
✓ Control white balance
✓ Manual ISO *
✓ Manual focus *
✓ Manual shutter speed *
✓ Burst shooting mode
✓ Set custom video bit rate
✓ Realtime filter / color effect
✓ Anti Shake
* On supported devices with camera2api enable
It’s excellent fast camera features perform quickly giving your fast camera performance which is able to take many pictures at some interval in burst mode, very useful for creating stop motion or time lapse video
Create photos with different effects and another shotpro hd camera pro features like manual exposure lock, manual ISO, white balance, hd camera pro grid view, golden ratio grid, etc. and reach the highest level of photography with this professional camera to do shotpro
Best camera key features are described as below :
* Burst camera mode with configurable delay to create stop motion or create time lapse video
* Face detection / facial recognition
* Front back hd camera pro selection.
* Professional camera hd features: Scene mode, focus mode, burst mode, color effects, white balance, and manual exposure lock, manual ISO.
* Choose to and 4k video quality and resolution.
* 4K camera recording (With optional audio recording) like az camera hd
* Option to turn off the shutter sound.
* GUI to change the orientation without any pause works in any direction.
* Adjustable volume keys (image to zoom receive or change the exposure compensation).
* Excellent shotpro like the best camera hd performance
* Remote control (optional audio countdown) timer (with configurable delay) automatic repeat mode.
* Customable volume keys to perform quick operation like az camera
* DSLR camera feature to adjust shutter speed
* Manual Focus like DSLR camera
* DSLR camera feature to choose manual ISO
* Manual Exposure shotpro
* Interval Shot for time lapse and stop motion
* Location targeting feature
* Remove with multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
* Option to lock the photo or 4k video in portrait or landscape orientation.
* 4K video recording on supported device, turn your phone into 4k camera
* Realtime Photo Filter
* Photo Grid : 4K camera app, golden ratio line
* Disable the shutter sound / silent camera app when take photo or record 4k video
* Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging), photos and videos; For photos that compass direction contains.
* A date and time stamp on photos, location coordinates and implements a custom text.
* (Some) external microphone support.
* Manual focusing distance; manual ISO
* pro camera exposure lock
* RAW (DNG) files on front az camera
* Manual ISO / iso manual or just balance ISO ( set iso manual )
* Flash mode feature
* Brightness / exposure setting
* Best camera for creating time lapse or stop motion which required interval shooting
* Unlock az camera app capability to record at 4k camera on supported devices
All complete features packaged in small compact size and clean interface,
Download this professional camera hd and start record your 4k video
To use manual features you need device with Android 5.0 and up with camera2 API enabled by your phone’s vendor.”
PhotoPills è pensato per tutti: fotografi esperti, videomaker professionisti, utenti alle prime armi. Con PhotoPills sarà sempre piacevole ideare, progettare e scattare immagini uniche.
* Tutto in uno
Il primo planner basato su mappe 2D di Sole, Luna e Via Lattea – Ricerca rapida allineamenti di Sole e Luna – Realtà aumentatata 3D: Sole, Luna, Via Lattea, Equatore Celeste, Stella Polare, PdC, AdC – Gestione progetti fotografici – Strumento di ricerca location – Info: Alba/Tramonto, date Superluna, calendario lunare – Calcolatori: Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trail, Lunghe Esposizioni, Tabelle distanza iperfocale, PdC, AdC, Distanza del soggetto, Corrispondenza lunghezze focali – Guida utente e tanto altro…
** NOTA: Opzioni di realtà aumentata di questa applicazione fanno uso della bussola del dispositivo. Alcuni dispositivi non possono avere una bussola.
* Approvato dai migliori fotografi
“PhotoPills è uno strumento inestimabile che uso ogni qualvolta devo pianificare uno scatto.” – Mark Gee, Fotografo Astronomico dell’Anno
“Uno strumento che ogni fotografo dovrebbe avere” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com
* Prendi il controllo
Ti è mai capitato di passeggiare in un luogo e pensare “Che peccato che la luna non sia PROPRIO in quel punto…sarebbe venuta una foto fantastica!”? E che dire del sole o della Via Lattea? Ora puoi far correre la fantasia e calcolare quando succederà:
– Immagina: la Via Lattea ad incorniciare un bel paesaggio, la luna piena collocata sotto un arco in pietra, un’alba tra due rocce giganti su una spiaggia magica, un tramonto sulla via principale della tua città o un’incredibile luna piena che fa capolino da una collina vicina.
– Pianifica: calcola con semplicità data e ora esatte in cui si materializzerà la scena che hai immaginato: PhotoPills ti faciliterà il lavoro!
– Scatta: esci, goditi la natura e divertiti a catturare momenti unici.
* Nessuna frustrazione
Non importa quante idee tu abbia in mente, calcola rapidamente se lo scatto è possibile o meno. Evita di perdere tempo prezioso in inutili ricerche!
* Mai più sprecare scene imperdibili
Crea una lista delle foto pianificate e arriva sul posto in tempo.
* Ottieni il risultato desiderato
Prepara la foto prima dello scatto per ottenere la composizione perfetta. Utilizza la Realtà Aumentata 3D per capire se Sole, Luna, Via Lattea, equatore celeste e stella polare si troveranno nella posizione desiderata al momento dello scatto.
* Scopri luoghi splendidi, crea un database con i tuoi luoghi preferiti
Se trovi un luogo da ricordare, usa PhotoPills per salvarlo come Punto di Interesse. Aggiungi uno scatto fatto con il tuo telefono e inserisci delle note.
* Concentrati sulla creatività: lascia i calcoli a noi nerd della matematica!
– Calcola: impostazioni per timelapse, lunghe esposizioni equivalenti, simulazioni di star trail, max. tempo di esposizione per fotograre le stelle come punti luminosi, impostazioni per ottenere il livello desiderato di dettaglio, impostazioni per l’angolo di campo desiderato, selezione lenti e distanza dal soggetto per l’inquadratura desiderata, distanza min. dal soggetto per catturarlo a fuoco, lunghezze focali equivalenti per produrre lo stesso AdC, ecc.
– Prevedi: posizione e percorso di Sole, Luna, Via Lattea, Equatore Celeste e Stella Polare.
* Condividi le tue creazioni
PhotoPills consente di mostrare i risultati ad amici, parenti o a tutti. Condividi con pochi gesti i tuoi progetti, luoghi segreti e i vari calcoli su Facebook, Twitter o entrambi.
Esporta via e-mail progetti e luoghi. Invita gli amici ad unirsi a te. Gli utenti di PhotoPills potranno importare e studiare lo scatto che hai pianificato.
Che aspetti? Scarica ora PhotoPills e inizia a scattare foto epiche!”
4. Astrospheric – Astronomy Weather Forecasting
Using the amazing astronomy data produced by the Canadian Meteorological Center, NOAA, and others, Astrospheric produces a highly accurate 48 hour forecast for any location in the continental United States or Canada.
Overlaying cloud, transparency, seeing, and light pollution data onto a map makes it simple to search through the next two days looking for the nearest break in the weather.
• 84 hour, hour-by-hour forecast
• Extended 8 day cloud forecast
• Updated every 6 hours
• Infrared satellite date update every 30 mintues
• Sky data: cloud, sky transparency, smoke, and seeing
• Ground data: wind, temperature, and humidity
• Precise rise and set times for both the sun and moon
• ISS (International Space Station) path information
• Custom notifications for your favorite locations
• Cloud, transparency, smoke, and seeing map layers for most of North America
• Satellite data
• Jetstream, Aerosol Optical Depth, ground layers
• Easily scrub through the 48 hour forecast with each layer
• Worldwide light pollution data
• Precise altitude and illumination information
• List of upcoming moon phases with dates
• Easily save favorite locations for easy access
• Favorites roam between your devices and browser (www.astrospheric.com)
• Information necessary to quickly set up your GOTO tracking mount
• Available even if you don’t have a network connection
Please note, data is available for the continental USA, Canada, Alaska, and parts of Mexico. Since I can only target app distribution at the country level, I apologize to users in Hawaii since there is not data available in that State.”
5. Camera FV-5 Lite
“Camera FV-5 is a professional camera application for mobile devices, that puts DSLR-like manual controls in your fingertips. Tailored to enthusiast and professional photographers, with this camera application you can capture the best raw photographs so that you can post-process them later and get stunning results. The only limit is your imagination and creativity!
● All photographic parameters are adjustable and always at hand: exposure compensation, ISO, light metering mode, focus mode, white balance and program mode.
● DSLR-like viewfinder display: see exposure time, aperture and stops display with EV and bracketing settings, in real-time!
● Full fledged exposure bracketing: from 3 to 7 frames, unlimited stops spacing, plus custom EV shifting.
● Built-in intervalometer: make stunning timelapses (even bracketed/HDR timelapses) and time-controlled picture series.
● Program and Speed-priority modes.
● Long exposure support: take beautiful night photos and light trails with long exposure times up to 30 seconds**.
● JPEG, true 16-bit RAW in DNG format*, and lossless PNG photo capturing formats, perfect for post-processing.
● Manual shutter speed: from 1/80000 to 2″, or the range available on your device*.
● All camera functions assignable to volume keys. You can adjust EV, ISO, color temperature and more using volume keys. Devices with hardware camera shutter key are also supported.
● EXIF and XMP sidecar metadata support.
● Autofocus, macro, touch-to-focus, true manual focus* and infinity focus modes. Autofocus lock feature (AF-L).
● Autoexposure (AE-L) and auto white balance (AWB-L) locks in Android 4.0+.
● In background photo and RAW developing and processing allows a smooth, uninterrupted camera operation.
● Digital zoom using multitouch pinch gesture. Also shows 35mm equivalent focal length!
● The most advanced electronic viewfinder: live RGB histogram, 10 composition grid overlays and 9 crop guides available.
● Powerful organization options: different storage locations and fully customizable file names (even with variables).
● The user interface is available in more than 30 languages.
This camera application completely avoids scene modes, instead you get full manual control over all photographic parameters, just like you do with a reflex camera, so you can ultimately control every aspect of the picture, and leave the post-processing to the computer. So after your DSLR, you will never miss a photo opportunity again, being able to capture it with the closer sensation to your DSLR as possible.
The Lite version is a fully functional version of Camera FV-5, with limited picture resolution support. Please buy Pro version to unlock all your device’s resolutions and enable RAW capture (if it is supported on your device).
IMPORTANT: If you find a bug using the application, PLEASE, visit the web page http://www.camerafv5.com/ or write to email@example.com with your phone model name and the description of the problem, before writing a negative comment. Customer satisfaction is our priority, and we will do our best to fix the issues as soon as possible!
Connect with Camera FV-5 and stay always up to the latest information about current and future development. Visit the official website http://www.camerafv5.com, be a fan of http://www.facebook.com/CameraFV5, subscribe to http://www.twitter.com/CameraFV5 or watch tutorials at http://www.youtube.com/user/camerafv5.
* Requires Android 5.0+ and a fully compliant Camera2 implementation. Currently only LG Nexus 5 and Motorola Nexus 6.
** Requires Android 5.0+. Compatible as well on the Samsung Galaxy Camera (1 and 2), Galaxy S4 Zoom and HTC One (M8). On Android 4.4 or older, long exposures lowers picture resolution to 2 or 1 MP, depending models. The reason is explained here: http://www.camerafv5.com/faq.php#long-exposure-resolution”
6. Star Walk 2 Ads+ Sky Map View
“Star Walk 2 Ads+ – Identify Stars in the Night Sky is a great astronomy guide to explore the night sky day and night, identify stars, constellations, planets, satellites, asteroids, comets, ISS, Hubble Space Telescope and other celestial bodies in real time in the sky above you. All you need to do is to point your device to the sky.
Explore the deep sky with one of the best astronomical applications.
Objects and astronomical events to learn in this stargazing app:
– Stars and constellations, their position in the night sky
– Solar system bodies (solar system planets, the Sun, the Moon, dwarf planets, asteroids, comets)
– Deep Space objects (nebulae, galaxies, star clusters)
– Satellites overhead
– Meteor showers, equinoxes, conjunctions, full/new Moon and etc.
Star Walk 2 Ads+ contains in-app purchases.
Star Walk 2 Ads+ – Identify Stars in the Night Sky is a perfect planets, stars and constellations finder which can be used by both space amateurs and serious stargazers to learn astronomy by themselves. It is also a great educational tool for teachers to use during their astronomy classes.
Star Walk 2 Ads+ in travel & tourism industry:
‘Rapa Nui Stargazing’ on Easter Island uses the app for sky observations during its astronomical tours.
‘Nakai Resorts Group’ in the Maldives uses the app during astronomy meetings for its guests.
This free version contains ads. You can remove ads through In-App purchases.
Main features of our astronomy app:
★ Stars and planets finder shows the real-time map of the sky on your screen in whatever direction you are pointing the device.* To navigate, you pan your view on screen by swiping in any direction, zoom out by pinching the screen, or zoom in by stretching it.
★ Learn a lot about the solar system, constellations, stars, comets, asteroids, spacecraft, nebulas, identify their position on the map of the sky in real time. Find any celestial body following a special pointer on the map of the stars and planets.
★ Touching a clock-face icon at the upper-right corner of the screen allows you select any date and time and lets you go forward or backward in time and watch the night sky map of stars and planets in fast motion. Find out star position of different time periods.
★ Enjoy AR stargazing. View stars, constellations, planets, satellites overhead and other night sky objects in augmented reality. Tap on the image of the camera on the screen and the astronomy app will activate your device’s camera so you can see charted objects appear superimposed on live sky objects.
★ Except for map of the sky with stars and constellations, find the deep-sky objects, satellites in space live, meteor showers. The night-mode will make your sky observation at night time more comfortable. Stars and constellations are closer than you think.
★ With our star chart app you will get a deeper understanding of the constellation`s scale and place in the night sky map. Enjoy observing wonderful 3D models of constellations, turn them upside down, read their stories and other astronomy facts.
★Be aware of the latest news from the world of outer space and astronomy. The “What’s new” section of our stargazing astronomy app will tell you about the most outstanding astronomical events in time.
*The Star Spotter feature won’t work for the devices that are not equipped with the gyroscope and compass.
Star Walk 2 Free – Identify Stars in the Night Sky is an impressively good looking astronomy app for stargazing at any time and place. It is the all-new version of the previous Star Walk. This new version has a re-designed interface in conjunction with advanced features.
If you’ve ever said to yourself “I’d like to learn the constellations” or wondered “Is that a star or a planet in the night sky?”, Star Walk 2 Ads+ is the astronomy app you’ve been looking for. Try one of the best astronomy applications.”