If you are looking for the Best Android App For Off Road Gps Tracking to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Off Road Gps Tracking that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Off Road Gps Tracking, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Off Road Gps Tracking
1. “Polaris GPS: Hiking, Offroad”
Turn your phone into a powerful GPS navigation system with Polaris Navigation GPS, the most versatile all-purpose GPS, and dare to go where there are no roads.
Imagine… What would it be like to navigate any waterway or hike any wilderness or city using only your phone’s GPS location abilities and a view of the sky? What it would be like to create navigation destinations without the need of an internet connection and find them using offline maps or a waypoint navigation arrow.
That is just a glimpse of the navigational power you will hold in your hands when you install Polaris Navigation GPS.
Used mostly as a hiking, off road, nautical and trail GPS app, Polaris is an excellent backup or replacement for your dedicated GPS satellite navigation unit and will keep you oriented wherever your outdoor adventures take you!
● Waypoint navigation.
● Hiking GPS with the best hiking maps! Search and find nearby trails.
● Back country exploration and outdoor adventure.
● Record tracks and navigate trails.
● Offroad navigation support for your ATV, Jeep or other 4×4 vehicle.
● Sailing / Boating. All marine navigation charts in Polaris are free.
● Fishing GPS. Easily find you favorite fishing hole.
● Hunting and hunting maps. Find you favorite hunting blind and your way back!
● Mountain Biking and bike maps
● Backpacking and other outdoor sports
● Compass orienteering
Known for its stability, reliability and flexibility, Polaris is used by land-sea search and rescue, military personnel and millions of others worldwide.
For your offline adventures we provide:
📡 Unlimited free access to our offline vector & raster maps (topographic maps, marine, hiking and others).
📡 Offline nautical charts for the USA included (ENC’s and raster).
This powerful navigation system also includes:
📡 Polaris Places Picker. Find hiking trails, camping locations and much more!
📡 GPS compass and magnetic compass.
📡 GPS info panel.
📡 Odometers, altimeters, speedometers, chronometers.
📡 Split distances on tracks.
📡 Connect your waypoints and navigate the track they define.
– Google Maps
– Topographic Maps
– Cycle Route and Hiking Maps
– Vector Maps
– USGS Topo
– NOAA Marine Charts
– Aviation Operations Charts
– Canada Toporama
📡 Comprehensive set of GPS Tools and diagnostics.
📡 Waypoint navigation system including a dynamic waypoint-finding compass that always points to your destination while reporting estimated time of arrival, distance to target and other statistics. Just follow the arrow!
📡 Trail navigation system
📡 Altitude profiles
📡 Location sharing
📡 Supports British OSGR and OSGB-36 DATUM (Ordnance Survey Grid).
📡 Coordinate formats: latitude/longitude as degrees, deg:min, deg:min:sec, and UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator)
📡 Military Coordinate Finder – Military Grid Coordinate Reference System (MGRS)
📡 Hiking Trails – Most of the maps show hiking paths courtesy of the Openstreetmap project. You will find that even some of the most remote hiking routes are visible on our maps.
⚓ Marine navigation- NOAA Nautical Charts and nautical unit reporting.
⚓ Drift alert / Drag anchor alarm.
📡 Select source for altitude reporting: Satellites, United States Geologic Survey or map your location to the results of NASA’s Space Shuttle Radar Topography Mission.
📡 Waypoint photos stamped with coordinates.
📡 Road navigation and street directions are provided through a digital pipeline connecting the power of Polaris to the Google Maps app on your device.
* The premium version of Polaris Navigation is called GPS Waypoints Navigator, available on Google Play. GPS Waypoints Navigator is ad-free and contains many other enhancements.”
2. All-In-One Offline Maps
• Want more than just roads on your maps? You will find what you need here;
• Used to go to places with poor network coverage? Everything will stay available;
• Used to go abroad? You won’t be lost anymore;
• Have a data allowance limit? It will reduce your usage.
★★ Maps ★★
A lot of maps are available, including classical road maps, topographic maps, aerial (satellite) maps and various layers that can be added over any maps: OpenStreetMap (Roads, Topo), USGS National Map (Hi-res topo, Aerial imagery), Worldwide Military Soviet topo maps, etc.
• All maps can be stacked in layers, with precise opacity control;
• Select and store large areas in few clicks;
• Stored space is clear and can be easily deleted.
★★ Display, store and retrieve unlimited placemarks ★★
You can add various items on the map such as waypoints, icons, routes, areas and tracks.
You can easily manage them using the powerful SD-Card Placemarks Explorer.
★★ On-map GPS Location & Orientation ★★
Your real location and direction are clearly displayed on the map, which can be rotated to match your real orientation (depends on device capabilities).
Easy turn on/off to save battery.
• Metric, imperial and hybrid distance units;
• GPS Latitude/Longitude and grid coordinate formats (UTM, MGRS, USNG, OSGB Grid, Irish Grid, Swiss Grid, Lambert Grids, DFCI Grid, QTH Maidenhead Locator System, …);
• Ability to import hundreds of coordinate formats from http://www.spatialreference.org;
• On-map grids display;
• Full screen map view;
• Multi-touch zoom;
★★ Need more? ★★
If you are a real adventurer, try AlpineQuest Off-Road Explorer, the complete outdoor solution based on All-In-One OfflineMaps, loaded with a powerful GPS Location Tracker and more: https://www.alpinequest.net/google-play”
Save mobile data, no internet is required.
Use driving, walking and cycle navigation anywhere in the world.
Save you time planning the trip and never miss an interesting place with our ready-made travel guides. We’ve partnered with the best travel content creators to build travel guide catalog for hundreds of destinations around the world. Whether you prefer city travel, car trips or outdoor activities you will find a great choice of guides for a perfect journey.
Directions to points of interest (POI), hiking trails and places missing from other maps.
Maps are updated by millions of OpenStreetMap contributors daily. OSM is an open-source alternative to popular map services.
FAST AND RELIABLE
Offline search, GPS navigation along with optimized maps to effectively save memory space.
Save locations you love and share them with your friends.
Essential for home and travel. Paris, France? Check. Amsterdam, Netherlands? Check. Barcelona, Spain? Check. New York, Chicago, Florida, Las Vegas, Nevada, Seattle, San Francisco, California, USA? Check! Rome, Italy? Check. London, UK? Check.
New online city traffic maps. Check out updates on traffic info and fastest driving routes in 36 countries!
– Search through different categories e.g. restaurants, cafes, tourist attractions, hotels, ATMs and public transport (metro, bus…)
– Make hotel bookings via Booking.com directly from the app
– Share your location via text message or social media
– When cycling or walking, the app shows whether the way is uphill or downhill
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
If you have any questions, visit our Help Center: support.maps.me.
If you are unable to find the answer to your question, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on FB: http://www.facebook.com/mapswithme | Twitter: @MAPS_ME”
4. ATV UTV ACTION Magazine
“On the cutting edge of the ATV and UTV world, ATV 4 WHEEL ACTION Magazine covers EVERYTHING in the sport. We ride and race nearly every new ATV and UTV on the planet, and give you the hot set-ups for your ride. We test every hop-up part and accessory under the sun to make your rig faster, and keep you ahead of the competition. In the sand, woods, mud, and desert, we’ll tell you what works best. You’ll get how-tos on everything from tire changes to complete engine rebuilds. PLUS, there’s a complete section on UTV’s-only stuff in every issue. No other magazine delivers the ENTIRE ATV world like ATV 4 WHEEL ACTION Magazine! Read and purchase current and past issues (available within the App) and download it to your account. Issues purchased in the App have enhanced features, including special video coverage on races, bikes, products, plus links to all manufacturers’ websites. 12 issues (one year) for $8.99. Download the current issue, or back issues for $2.99 each. The subscription will include the current issue if you do not already own it.
If you have a disability or impairment and need assistance accessing our content, contact Michelle at email@example.com
This application is powered by GTxcel, a leader in digital publishing technology, provider of hundreds of online digital publications and mobile magazine apps.”
5. onX Offroad 4X4 ATV Trail Maps
“#1 Offroad GPS Mapping App, with more than 985 Million acres of public land and 550,000 miles of roads and trails including open dates and width restrictions, onX Offroad is a must-have app for any motorized enthusiast.
Know before you go with the most trusted and accurate GPS satellite / topo trail mapping app. Turn your phone into the best off-road mapping tool for finding open dirt roads and trails, tracking your favorite routes and making custom waypoints along the way. Works using your phone’s GPS when you’re off-grid and offline—with full detail satellite imagery, open trails and remote campsites all while out of cell service.
▶7-Day FREE TRIAL INCLUDED (no credit card needed)
Gives you more time enjoying the ride and less time on rides that end in a locked gate. If you dirt bike, enduro, moto, adventure bike, dual sport, trail bike, ATV, side by side, UTV, SxS, 4X4, 4WD, wheel, rock crawl, mudding, overland or drive dirt roads in your truck, this is the best OHV/ORV app for you.
▶ PREMIUM OFFROAD APP FEATURES:
– 985 million acres of public land across the U.S.
– BLM, Forest Service, State Lands & more
– Detailed Trail Descriptions & more
– Photo Waypoints
– 550,000+ miles of motorized roads and trails
– 54,000+ campsites and campgrounds
– Unlimited tracks and waypoints
– Unlimited offline maps
– Localized weather conditions and 7-day forecasts
– 450,000 points of interest
– 24K topo maps for the entire U.S.
– Satellite/aerial imagery maps with or without topographic lines
– Tap the map to get additional trail or recreation information
– 500,000+ miles of hiking trails
– Trail and road mileage
– Fishing access and boat launches
– 4,500 backcountry cabins and lookouts
– Save and share Waypoints and meet-up locations with friends
– Non-ethanol fuel stations
– Line, distance and area measuring tools
– 50+ custom waypoint icons and nine Waypoint colors
– Anywhere you scroll or roll: coordinates and compass
▶ OFFLINE GPS FUNCTIONALITY:
The onX Offroad App turns your phone into an outdoor handheld GPS navigator by using the GPS built into your phone or tablet to display your location on the satellite and topo map. Cellular coverage is NOT needed, as map-saving technology allows you to save the maps, trails and recreation points of interest information for offline navigation.
Get off-grid and take the #1 mapping app collection of recreation points and points of interest. We’ve curated the details you care about, such as: motorized trails, hiking trails, backcountry roads, hot springs, fire towers, campgrounds, campsites, forest service cabins, non-ethanol gas stations and more.
▶ FREE TRIAL:
While the onX Offroad App and much of the tools, maps and information are free, you will start with a complementary no-credit-card-required free trial when you install the app and create your account. Enjoy onX Offroad in its full-featured premium form for 7 days.
▶ AFTER THE FREE TRIAL:
If you enjoyed your first seven days of the full featured onX Offroad for a $29.99 yearly premium subscription and save fuel as you explore the far-away corners of the United States finding places to camp and ride. Or… You may choose to let your trial expire and wipe a tear as your public lands, ride selector, open trails, recreation points and more disappear from the app. Feel free to keep using our basic and totally free version of the onX Offroad App until it makes more sense another day in the future to go premium. Regardless if you choose to go premium or not. Thanks for choosing onX!
At onX it’s our mission to help you find new places to explore with confidence, knowing you have onX Offroad with you.
If you have any trouble or have an idea on what you’d like to see in the app next, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you.”
6. “Gaia GPS: Hiking, Offroad Maps”
Gaia GPS has been featured in countless publications, including Outside, Backpacker, Trail Runner, and the New York Times.
Gaia GPS is first and foremost a backpacking app. View your route using comprehensive topo maps and backpacking map layers, plus up-to-date weather forecast overlays. Then, use the intelligent routing tools to plan trips, mark campsites and points of interest, and measure distance, altitude, and elevation change.
►► Day Hiking
Both a hiking navigation app and a platform for finding hikes, Gaia GPS helps you discover your next adventure. You can also create your own tracks, leave reviews, and contribute to the community-sourced hike database.
Gaia GPS is the most comprehensive hunting app on the market. Build custom hunting maps by cross-referencing game management units with public and private land parcels. Then, get deep into the wilderness to find solitude, even on opening day, with the Roadless/Trailless overlays.
►► Camping and Overlanding
A camping app with weather forecasts, public land data, and community-sourced camping beta, Gaia GPS helps you find a campsite anywhere. View dispersed camping areas on the Public Land overlay, and leave waypoints to create custom camping maps. Reference road maps and MVUMs to plot overland, 4×4, or off-roading routes.
►► Backcountry Skiing and Mountaineering
Apply slope-angle shading and 24-, 48-,and 72-hour Snowfall and Precipitation Forecast overlays to create custom backcountry skiing maps, plan tours, and avoid avalanche terrain. Gaia GPS is the best skiing app for staying safe deep in the backcountry.
►► Mountain Biking
Go farther, faster by mounting Gaia GPS to your handlebars for hands-free navigation. Access mountain biking trail maps on both public and private land with the best mountain biking app on the market.
►► Professional Use: Firefighters, Search and Rescue teams, Land Manager, GIS Techs, and Guides
Gaia GPS is the preferred nav app for outdoor professionals. Quickly route to GPS coordinates, view recent wildfires, and share maps, tracks, and waypoints with your team to get boots on the ground faster. Guides can mark routes, campsites, and water sources, and share hard-to-find approaches and descents with clients and fellow guides.
►► Membership Levels
Free Level – You’ll be limited to the default map source, and you won’t be able to download maps for offline use.
Premium Member Level – As a Premium Member, you also get access to these map sources:
• NatGeo Trails Illustrated (including Appalachian Trail, Colorado Trail, and John Muir Trail maps)
• ESRI World Satellite Imagery
• NOAA weather forecasts
• US Private Land Ownership (including owner names and addresses for parcels)
• US Hunting Layers (including GMUs, public land, and recent fires)
• US Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUMs)
• France IGN
• Swiss Topo
• Backroads Mapbooks Canada
• Hill-shading, contour-line, slope-angle, and other overlays
► To manage your subscription:
• TURN OFF auto-renewal: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/7018481
• Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Your Google Play account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.
• Your Google Play Account will be charged at confirmation of purchase.