If you are looking for the Best Android App For Organizing Music to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Organizing Music that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Organizing Music, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Organizing Music
1. doubleTwist Music & Podcast Player with Sync
“doubleTwist is a powerful music player and podcast manager with music sync functionality. doubleTwist Player has over 100,000 five star ratings and a fast, easy-to-use interface that eliminates the need to jump between different apps to play music, manage podcasts, or sync iTunes playlists. Plus, you can cast or AirPlay music from your Android with the optional AirSync purchase!
doubleTwist Music Player has been recommended by the New York Times, BBC, Wall Street Journal and numerous tech publications.
What’s the catch?
Unlike other music players, doubleTwist is a free download, not a “trial”. We update it frequently and listen to your feedback to make it better.
We make money from an optional in-app upgrade to doubleTwist Pro unlocking the following premium music player features:
♬ AirSync for wireless sync over WiFi
♬ Chromecast, AirPlay & DLNA support
♬ 10-band equalizer & SuperSound
♬ Gapless playback
♬ Album art search
♬ Removal of ads in the podcast & radio screens.
♬ Premium themes
♬ Sleep timer
doubleTwist is handmade with ❤ in Austin, Texas, live music’s world capital. Thanks to you, we manage music & podcasts for more than 10 million loyal listeners.
Help? Visit http://www.doubletwist.com/help/platform/android/
Join our public group for useful tips & support: https://plus.google.com/communities/114410062688956839568
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/doubletwist
2. Poweramp Music Player (Trial)
Poweramp v3 is a major update focused on the new Audio engine, UI, and navigation.
• new Audio engine:
• support for hi-res output (where supported by the device)
• new DSP, including updated Equalizer/Tone/Stereo expand, and the new Reverb/Tempo effects
• internal 64bit processing
• new configurable per-output Options
• new configurable Resampler, Dither options
• opus, tak, mka, dsd dsf/dff formats support
• gapless smoothing
• 30/50/100 volume levels (Settings/Audio/Advanced Tweaks)
• new UI:
• visualizations (supporting .milk presets and spectrum)
• new “wave” seekbar, can be also static via Skin options
• Light and Dark skins included, both with Pro Buttons and Static Seekbar options
• new notifications
• new menus, panels, popups, dialogs, etc.
• as previously, 3rd party skins are available (v2 skins are not compatible)
• new navigation:
• pull down or click album art to go to the current playing list
• as previously, swipe album art for the next/previous track, drag more for category
change (applies also to the bottom miniplayer)
• use bottom miniplayer to return to the main ui or to change tracks
• swipe left/right from lists for fast return
• pinch-zoom in lists
• long press on item for the selection menu
– 10+ band graphical equalizer for all supported formats, built-in and custom presets. Up to 32 bands supported
– separate powerful Bass and Treble adjustment
– stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance, tempo control, reverb, system MusicFX (where supported by the device)
– compatible with Android Auto
– Chromecast support
– m3u/pls http streams
– unique Direct Volume Control (DVC) for extended dynamic range and really deep bass
– replay gain
– plays songs from folders and from own library
– dynamic queue
– lyrics support, including lyrics search via plugin
– embed and standalone .cue files support
– support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists, playlist importing and exporting
– downloads missing album art
– artist images downloading
– custom visual themes, lot of skins available on Play
– widgets with many selectable styles, advanced customizations
– lock screen options
– Milkdrop compatible visualization support (and 3rd party downloadable visualizations)
– headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection
– tag editor
– audio info with detailed audio processing information
– high level of customization via settings
* Android Auto, Chromecast are trademarks of Google LLC.
This version is 15 days full featured Trial. See Related Apps for Poweramp Full Version Unlocker or use Buy option in Poweramp settings to buy the Full Version.
Common Questions/Answers for Poweramp:
Q. Does my Poweramp v2 purchase include Poweramp v3?
A. Yes, it does.
Q. How do I disable visualization?
A. It’s disabled by default, can be enabled/disabled by first left button right under cover or in Settings / Visualizations.
Q. Seekbar? Titles on cover? Other UI tweaks?
A. Please use settings / Look and feel / Skin and set built-in skin options as needed.
Q. My songs are missing from folders/library/playlists.
A. Please ensure you have all your folders with music actually checked in Poweramp settings/ Library / Music Folders.
Q. Amplified basses are distorted over Bluetooth.
A. Please review Poweramp settings / Audio / Direct Volume Control (DVC) options.”
3. YouTube Music
“Connecting you to the world of music:
● More than 70 million official songs
● Music content including live performances, covers, remixes and music content you can’t find elsewhere
● Thousands of curated playlist across many genres and activities
Get personalized music, perfect for every moment:
● Personalized playlists and Mixes made just for you, built around your favorite types of music
● Personalized activity mixes for your Workout, Relax, and Focus sessions
● Create playlists with song suggestions or collaborate with other music fans to create the perfect playlist
● Personalized Library to see all of your liked and added songs, playlists, artists, and albums
Stay on top of the trend and discover new music:
● Check out curated for you mixes such Discover Mix and New Release Mix
● Discover music based genres (Hip Hop, Pop, Country, Dance & Electronic, Blues, Indie & Alternative, Jazz, Kpop, Latin, Rock, and more)
● Discover music based mood (Chill, Feel Good, Energy Booster, Sleep, Focus, Romance, Workout, Commute, Party)
● Explore top charts from all over the world
Enhanced your listening experience with unique features:
● Song lyrics so you can sing along to your favorites
● Switch seamlessly between audio and video
● Listen on your phone, desktop, smart speaker, smart TV, car, smart watch and within your favorite apps.
● Compatible with Google Maps, Waze, Google Assistant, and more.
Upgrade to Music Premium to enjoy:
● Listen ad-free
● Play music in the background
● Access your downloads, including smart downloads
● Switch seamlessly between audio and video, only with YouTube Music
Only first-time YouTube Red, Music Premium, YouTube Premium and Google Play Music subscribers are eligible for free trials, introductory offers or promotional pricing.
Monthly price: $9.99 USD / $9.99 CAD / $11.99 AUD / $12.99 NZD / £12.99 / €9.99 / $99 pesos MXN / ₩7,900/ 99 kr NOK / 99 kr SEK / 99 kr DKK / 169 ₽ / ARS$99/ ₹99.00 IN / R59.99 ZA / ₡3,190 /$5.99 USD (EC, DO, UY, VE, GT, BO, HN, SV, PY, NI, PA) / 19.99 zł / RON22.00 / 149.00 Kč / Ft1,490.00 / lev8.99 / USD$5.99 (BY) / €5.99 (SK, SI) / €6.99 (GR, MT, CY, LT, LV, EE) / $6.99 (MK) / 13.99 Turkish Lira (TR) / kn59.99 (HR) / $9.99 (IS) / ₪19.90 (IL) / dh19.99 (AE) / Rial19.99 (QA) / $4.99 (BH, KW, OM, LB) / RP49,000 (ID) / NT$149.00 (TW) / ฿129.00 (TH) / ₱129.00 (PH) / $58.00 (HK) / RM 14.90 (MY) / $9.98 (SG) / USD$5.99 (VE) / ₦900.00 (NG) / $9.99 (TC) / £49.99 (EG) / USD$9.99 (AS, AW, GU, MQ, YT, PF, MP, PG, PR, TC, VI)/ USD$5.99 (BM, KY)/ €9.99 (GF, GP, NC)”
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
5. My Music Organizer
Are you a music collector? Do you have trouble keeping track of all your music?
Organize your music collection with this app. (cds, vinyl, mp3, etc.)
Manage your music collection along with personal ratings and notes, which you can share with others or keep private.
Check to see if you already own an item on your phone while you’re out shopping.”
6. Music Folder Player
“Music Folder Player was made for people who don’t like to see music displayed based on artist, album, track or playlists. If you prefer organizing your audio tracks in folder this may be the right player for you.
Besides that it comes with a lot of unique features.
• Material Design
• Resume where you left. Stores for each folder where you left
• Show folders as a ‘flat’ list if you have a small collection
• Show folder hierarchy like in a file manager for larger collections
• Virtual folder with your favorite songs
• Four configurable seek buttons. Very useful for seeking in podcasts or audio books
– 4 customizable settings
– 8 predefined settings like Bass Booster, Vocal Booster and Party setting
• Virtual room and reverb effect
• Speed control with pitch correction (OS 4.2+)
Increase or decrease the playback speed of your podcasts or audio books.
Speed control is not suitable for music. Please watch the video: http://youtu.be/d_0eWUXs6Yo
• Pre-amplifyer: Increase the volume of audio which was recorded with a low level. (OS 4.2+)
• 432 Hz playback mode. Please read this article for details: http://goo.gl/Oeg5hh (OS 4.2+)
• Car/Sports mode with big buttons
• Change volume and balance with two finger gesture. Video: http://goo.gl/9LXsIE
• Undo function: Undo actions if you accidentally touch a button or select another track
• Shuffle and repeat options (long tap on play/pause button)
• Delete and rename files (long tap on file)
• Sleep timer
• Headset button control (double and triple clicks)
• Search for files and folder
• Share files
Note: Since there are recently some complaints in the review section:
This app is an audio PLAYER, not a DOWNLOADER. If you search for an app to download new music, this app is NOT suitable for you. This player just handles audio files which are already on your device.
Don’t worry about ‘adware’ warnings of some antivirus scanners. Of course the player is not a virus. This is just because the player shows advertisements. The full version is not affected by that.
Permissions: Please take a look at the F.A.Q section on my homepage: