If you are looking for the Best Android App For Playing Flac to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Playing Flac that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Playing Flac, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Playing Flac
1. Stellio – Music and mp3 Player
Stellio is advanced player, with powerful sound, support of themes, big variety of sound settings.
The main goal in development was to get sound of highest quality. This goal is accomplished by introducing powerful audio engine which controls 12-bands equalizer and big variety of audio effects. The player gives complete freedom for experementations, using it manually or by presets.
Crossfade makes sound more pleasing — smooth switch from one song to another. Gapless is the opposite, playback of tracks without the smallest gaps between.
In addition to powerful settings, there’re a lot of different useful abilities in the player:
– Lyrics. View lyrics from internet with offline access after.
– Choose a cover. Use convenien search of covers from internet or trust it to the player.
– Edit tags. Put names in order with help of the handy tag editor.
– Music categories. Play music by Albums, Artists, Genres or Folders.
– A lot of audio formats. In addition to popular audio formats, FLAC, MP3, CUE, APE, M4A and others are supported.
– Android Wear support. Control music from your watches, pick a track, all without taking a phone out of a pocket!
– The best sound. Playback of music in high resolution.
– Sleep timer. Set sleep timer for certain amount of tracks or minutes.
– Huge amount of settings, like list animation or lock screen
– Widgets and notifications. Change appearance of widgets and notifications.
– Convenient control. Switch track with help of a headset, shake the phone or by volume buttons.
The power of the player is packed in the most convenient interface. We pay special attention to design — every detail is well thought through. Out unique feature is changing color of elements to match the cover of a track for deeper immersion in music atmosphere. Exactly because of it the chameleon is on the icon of Stellio.
For those want more than standard appearance, there’s ability to pick different interface among additional themes, which not simple change color, but completely reincarnate appearance of the player!
Enjoy uncompromising sound quality from your pocket. Stellio is a perfect app for Android. Sound quality can’t be described by words, so it is time to open the player for yourself and enjoy musical power of Hi-Res quality.”
2. FilmoraGo Video Editor & Maker
FilmoraGo is an easy-to-use, full-featured video editor loaded with powerful tools. With this video editor, making memes, creating a video with photos, pictures, music, sticker, and sound effect is easy and fun, edit video for YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, Messenger, Whatsapp, Twitter, etc.
★Why FilmoraGo Video Editor?
It’s an easy and practical video editing app & movie scene maker for both film directors and beginners.
– Trim and cut video. Pro video trimmer & cutter and video crop app.
– Share on YouTube, Facebook Feed and Stories, Instagram Feed, Stories, and more!
– Apply different color filters to make your video stand out
– Crop video and Export it in HD quality, fit your video and photo in any Aspect Ratio.
– There’s no watermark/no ads after updating to VIP
★Keyframe animation tool
You can adjust the direction, speed, and orientation of the layer as it moves from point to point. Use keyframes to make your videos more interesting and outstanding!
★Music & Recorder
– Over 1000 different styles of music, including brisk, rhythmic, healing, quiet and more
– Add FilmoraGo featured music or use your own music to meet the requirement of making game video, Vlog, and funny video
– Support reading local music, extracting music from video, recording your own voice-overs
– Variety of text styles and fonts to create artistic subtitles.
– Blurred background, voice enhancement, and audio speed adjustment features are available.
★Stunning Video Effects
– Add multiple texts to video & photo, mass editing effects be provided.
– Multiple filters: film, characters, movies, food, etc., easily make movies and fashion videos
– Glitch, VCR, blur, love, flame, split-screen, and other special effects let you experience the fun of video editing immersively
– Over 200 stickers and emoji for multi-scene video editing, popular memes, and Gif improve the sense of humor in your video
★Easy to Share
– Custom video export resolution, HD pro video editor
– Share to all social apps YouTube, Instagram, IGTV, Facebook, Whatsapp, Tik Tok, etc. Share your daily life with others on social media!
If you would like to know what people are saying about the FilmoraGo app (FREE video editor & video maker):
– Subscribe to us on YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbX_laFK35-CXhQ4ISlFCXA
– Follow us on Twitter:https://twitter.com/filmoraGo_app
– Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FilmoraGoWondershare/
– Follow us on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/filmorago.official/
3. Onkyo HF Player
“Important Notice: For customers using Android 11 or higher
On Android 11 or higher, the access right to the storage has been strengthened, and you can only access the folder which you selected. Please add all the folders where music files exist on the “Music Folders” selection screen displayed after the update. Note that the following folders cannot be added due to the specifications of the OS, so select another folder.
・Root folder of an internal storage volume
・Root folder of an external storage volume (e.g. SD card)
For customers who have already updated, you can reset the configuration of the music folder from “Settings” – “Hi-Res Library” – “Music Folders”. If you add music folders by the above procedure, existing music and playlist data will be inherited as they are. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by changing the procedure and thank you for your understanding.
Get greater control of how music sounds on your Android device with our touch-adjustable linear-phase FIR equalizer, which offers 16,384 discrete bands of HD equalization with zero loss in audio quality. Create and save your own EQ presets or select an optimized filter created by professional musicians. HF Player for Android also enables playback of Hi-Res Audio formats including FLAC, 192 kHz/24-bit WAV, and DSD at no extra charge.
Enjoy stunning audio quality anywhere you like by adding an Onkyo DAC-HA200 or DAC-HA300, Pioneer XPA-700 D/A Converter and Headphone Amplifier to enable a direct-digital connection to your AOA 2.0 (Android Open Accessory)-compatible Android device via USB cable. OTG (On The Go) cables facilitate a digital connection to USB audio-compatible external devices—simply purchase our Unlock Application and update to the full-featured version of Onkyo HF Player for Android to enable Hi-Res Audio output.
Note: Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz output via the headphone connection, AOS connection, digital connections via OTG cable (free version only) is downsampled to 44.1 kHz.
• Updated user interface
• Music lyrics supported by petit lyrics
• High-precision equalizer (16,384 discrete bands, linear-phase FIR filter)
• Automatic upsampling function
• Crossfade playback option
• Album artwork and song lyric display
• Repeat function (songs within a list)
• Resume Playback Function
• Shuffle function (within a list)
• Tab based sorting, such as Artist name, Album name, Playlist, etc. Tab order can be arranged in settings
• Folder based playback
• Scrobble with Last.fm
• Selectable equalizer presets optimized by musicians for Onkyo headphones
• Easily add songs to playlists and Up Next list
• Playlist creation and editing
• Real-time DSD conversion function (supported on paid version)
• Volume control function for USB-audio-compatible external hardware using volume keys of Android devices
• Link into OnkyoMusic(where available) and download purchased music directly
• Replay Gain (supported on paid version)
• Real-time volume normalizer (supported on paid version)
• Subscription music service AWA
– Login, Music list(FOR YOU/ FOCUS/ FAVORITES/ TRENDS), Streaming Playback
• MP3, ALAC (up to 48 kHz)
• DSF/DSD-IFF [DSD(2.8 MHz) / Double-rate DSD(5.6 MHz) / Quad-rate DSD(11.2 MHz), DoP / PCM conversion
• FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF(up to 384 kHz), Ogg-Vorbis (up to 192 kHz)
Note: Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz is downsampled to 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Requires Android 5.0 or later.
* Operation of this application is not guaranteed for all devices.”
4. VLC for Android
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Storage” to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
• “Other” to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to start the custom picture-in-picture widget.
• It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
• It needs “microphone” to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only asked on Android TV devices.”
5. BlackPlayer EX
BlackPlayer EX removes the Ads to focus on what matters the most, music. Includes tons of extra premium features. Of course all of the excellent features of standard BlackPlayer is also included in this music player. Make your own interface with the customization found in the Settings menu.
– Light theme!
– 6 Extra Fonts, including option to use System font.
– 11 Color accents.
– 8 Extra Now Playing Themes
– White Widget theme.
– Chromecast support (activate in Audio settings)
– Group music by Year and Composers
– Customizable crossfading
– Customize the Library pages completely. Add, Remove and sort.
– Screen Always on option.
– Screen rotation lock.
– Change the Library startpage.
– Custom grid size for Artists & Albums.
– Custom colors! Actionbar, main and popup windows.
– Manually search and set Artist images.
– Blacklist Folders and Tracks
– Zap, discover your music fast with this smart function. Auto plays random music tracks for 5 seconds each.
– Floating window control widget
– Visualizer, customizable (Beta)
– Widget and Notification customizations.
– Change notification text color and background.
– View Artists as bigger grid.
– View Genres as List and as Big list.
– Custom 4×1 Widget transparency and other widget settings.
– Played Tracks can be tracked monthly instead of weekly.
– Blur effect to Lockscreen or Widget.
– 2 Extra text animations
– 1 Extra transition effect
– Show queue position in widget.
– Add “PLAYLISTS” page to the Library.
– Hide any of the left Sliding pages.
– Developer love and support!
– More upcoming features! EX version always gets the new features first!
If you need help please read the FAQ:
Join the community for the latest news!
If you want faster updates and fixes, join the beta channel for weekly updates!
BlackPlayer standard features:
– Plays standard locally stored music files, such as mp3, flac and wav.
– Build-in Equalizer, BassBoost, Virtualizer, Left/Right sound balance.
– Gapless playback
– Tag editor
– 3D Transition effects
– 3 Widgets
– Lyrics viewing and editing.
– Lockscreen control support
– Sleep Timer
– Interchangeable fonts and themes.
– Weekly most played tracks”
+ Supported formats: aac, ape, dff, dsf, flac, it, m4a, m4b, mo3, mod, mp2, mp3, mp4, mpc, mpga, mtm, ogg, opus, s3m, tta, umx, wav, webm, wv, xm
+ Support for Android Auto and custom Car PCs
+ Support for OpenSL / AudioTrack / AAudio output methods
+ Support for CUE Sheets
+ Support for OTG-storages and custom file providers
+ Support for user bookmarks
+ Support for user defined playback queue
+ Support for album arts and lyrics
+ Support for multiple playlists and smart-playlists based on folders
+ Support for internet radio (including Http Live Streaming)
+ Automatic detection of tags encoding
+ Built-in 20-band graphic equalizer
+ Balance and playback speed control
+ Volume normalization using replay gain or peak-based normalization
+ Sleep timer feature
+ Custom themes support
+ Built-in light, dark and black themes
+ Support for night and day mode
+ An ability to cross-fade tracks
+ An ability to repeat playlist / track / playback without repeating
+ An ability to down mix multi-channels audio files to stereo
+ An ability to down mix audio files to mono
+ An ability to control playback from notification area
+ An ability to control playback via gestures in album art area
+ An ability to control playback via headset
+ An ability to switch the tracks via volume buttons
+ An ability to play files from the File Manager applications
+ An ability to play files from Windows shared folders (only v2 and v3 of samba protocol are supported)
+ An ability to add to playlist only chosen files / folders
+ An ability to delete files physically
+ An ability to sort files by template / manually
+ An ability to group files by template
+ An ability to search files in filtering mode
+ An ability to share audio files
+ An ability to register playing track as ringtone from player
Additionally, our app is ads free.”