If you are looking for the Best Android App For Sleep Tracking to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Sleep Tracking that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Sleep Tracking, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Sleep Tracking
1. BetterSleep: Sleep tracker
→ Editors’ choice on Google Play
Sleep better. Feel better.
BetterSleep helps you understand and improve your sleep with sleep tracking, premium sleep sounds and guided content curated just for you.
Recommended by leading doctors, neuropsychologists, and sleep experts, BetterSleep is also validated by millions of users around the world. 91% of our listeners say they slept better after using the app for just one week.
Premium audio content
Fall asleep easily, sleep soundly, and develop lasting sleep habits, with dreamy soundscapes, narrated stories, and meditations that really work, all perfectly tuned to your needs.
Track your sleep, understand how it works and let us propose actionable ways to improve it.
Learn about the science behind your unique sleep needs and discover your personal chronotype.
Many sleep apps offer tracking and nothing more.
BetterSleep offers an unprecedented suite of features to help you create nightly habits to fall asleep and stay asleep:
🌖 Sleep sounds, brainwaves, and white noise:
Explore our selection of more than 300 soothing sounds, music, beats, and tones designed specially by our in-house experts to guide you to sleep. Mix them together to create your very own soundscapes.
Our library includes:
– Nature sounds: wind, rustling leaves, birds, crackling fire
– White noise: hair dryer, airplane, dryer, vacuum, fan noise
– Water sounds: rainstorm, ocean, slow waves, lapping water
– Meditation music: voices, instruments, ambient melodies
– Isochronic brainwaves: 2.5Hz, 4Hz, 5Hz, 8Hz, 10Hz, 20Hz
– Binaural beats: 2.5Hz, 4Hz, 5Hz, 8Hz, 10Hz, 20Hz
– Solfeggio Frequencies: 174Hz, 285Hz, 396Hz, 417Hz, 432Hz, 528Hz
🌖 Bedtime stories
Choose from more than 100 bedtime stories voiced by award-winning narrators and written specially to help you fall softly and naturally asleep.
– Myths and legends
🌖 Sleep Moves
Experience our innovative Sleep Moves exercises, a series of gentle bedtime relaxation techniques developed in collaboration with sleep experts to prepare your mind and body for stress-free sleep. Themes include:
– Mini: To help you unwind quickly
– Together: Unwind with this relaxation routine for couples
– Travel: Overcome jet-lag and homesickness
– Cooldown: Shed any excess energy from a stressful day
– Harmony: Find balance and recenter yourself
🌖 Breathing techniques: sound breathing for day and night
Clear your mind and achieve your personal goals for anxiety reduction with our breathing exercises combined with soothing sounds. Melt your worries away with topics like:
– Take a break
– Clear your mind
– Fall asleep
– Heart coherence
Bedtime reminder: Consistent sleep times lead to more restful sleep
Timer: Stop the application after a set amount of time
Favorites: Easy access to your favorite mixes
Playlist: Choose your favorite content to create the perfect sleep time playlist
Smart Mix: Seamless, natural sound mixes with no distracting audio loops
…and much more.
Need help with the app? Try our live chat support:
Read more about our terms and conditions here :
Terms of service: https://www.ipnos.com/end-user-license-agreement/”
2. PrimeNap: Free Sleep Tracker
PrimeNap also features a screen dimmer, sleep statistics, snore detection, sleep sounds and a dream journal.
* Free Sleep monitor / Sleep tracker
* Sleep debt analysis
* Smart alarm / sleep cycle alarm clock
* Gradual volume increase
* Snore detection
* Easy snooze using multitouch, add 5 minutes per finger
* Screen dimmer
* Red filter
* Dream journal
* Sleep stats for user-specified daily activities
* Sleep sounds
Benefits of using a sleep tracker and sleep cycle alarm clock / smart alarm
With modern day work schedules, our sleep patterns have become widely irregular and oftentimes much shorter than they should be. PrimeNap’s Sleep Tracker can help you analyze your sleeping patterns and correct them if necessary. Using PrimeNap’s smart alarm functionality, you can avoid being pulled out of deep sleep by a well-meaning time-based alarm clock, and instead wake up gently after sleep cycle completion and thereby simulate a natural awakening.
How it works: Movement during sleep is known to roughly correlate with the actual sleep stages obtained by polysomniography. This sleep movement is registered by the phone and translated into fairly accurate sleep cycle information.
Recommended use: Use this sleep app with proper hardware. If convenient, switch on airplane/flight mode to minimize any emissions. Reboot or close other apps that might cause the phone to heat up during the night.
Frequently Asked Questions:
* How do you interpret the resulting graph?
– The graph is separated into two sections. The top section shows relative movement over time. Low measured movement will be a valley in the graph, high movement will be a peak in the graph.
The bottom section uses the movement information to calculate a rough estimate of your sleep cycles (numbered on top) and even individual sleep phases during each sleep cycle (Awake, Dreaming (REM), Light Sleep (Non-REM 1,N2), Deep Sleep (N3). The app uses the actual measurement (e.g. long stretches of low movement are likely to be deep sleep), averages (mainly in case of REM) and basic knowledge about sleep cycles (duration approx. 90 minutes) to create a reasonable best-fit hypnogram graph. This is why it will still show sleep cycles if the phone is placed on a desk. The app assumes that the user is actually sleeping.
* How is this going to help improve sleep?
– For most people best sleep is achieved through regular sleeping patterns (similar bedtime) averaging about 8 hours of sleep every day. The app is meant to assist people in finding out their exact sleeping patterns in order to make informed changes. The sleeping times are thus most important, the information shown in the graphs is mainly used by the smart alarm function.
* How do you add your own nap sessions if you forget to track them?
– On the third tab (Nap History) there is a button in the bottom right corner labeled “+1”.
* How do you delete nap sessions?
– Click and Hold the nap that you want to delete. Select the corresponding item from the menu that will appear.
* How do you resume a nap session?
– Simply click the sleep button again to start a new nap. The app will automatically know that there have been previous sleep cycles and will continue there. Both sleep sessions will appear in the sleep pattern overview.
* What does the button “Phone off = Sleep” do?
– This is an option for people who turn their phone off during the night. If you turn your phone off completely, the app will count this as going to bed. Turning it back on in the morning is counted as waking up.
* What is “Wake Battery”
– This is a way of displaying the current sleep debt as a battery icon in the status bar. This needs adjustment and always sleep if tired.”
3. Google Fit: Activity Tracking
It’s hard to know how much or what kind of activity you need to stay healthy. That’s why Google Fit collaborated with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the American Heart Association (AHA) to bring you Heart Points, an activity goal that can help improve your health.
Activities that get your heart pumping harder have tremendous health benefits for your heart and mind. You’ll earn one Heart Point for each minute of moderate activity like picking up the pace when walking your dog, and double points for more intense activities like running. It takes just 30-minutes of brisk walking five days a week to reach the AHA and WHO’s recommended amount of physical activity shown to reduce the risk of heart disease, improve sleep, and increase overall mental wellbeing.
Google Fit will also help you:
TRACK YOUR WORKOUTS FROM YOUR PHONE OR WATCH
Get instant insights when you exercise and see real-time stats for your runs, walks, and bike rides. Fit will use your Android phone’s sensors or Wear OS by Google smartwatch’s heart rate sensors to record your speed, pace, route, and more.
MONITOR YOUR GOALS
See your daily progress on your Heart Points and Steps goal. Meeting your goals all the time? Easily adjust your goals to keep challenging yourself to achieve a healthy heart and mind.
MAKE ALL YOUR MOVEMENT COUNT
If you walk, run, or bike throughout the day, your Android phone or Wear OS by Google smartwatch will automatically detect and add your activities to your Google Fit journal to ensure you get credit for every move. Want extra credit? Turn up the tempo on your walks by starting a paced walking workout and stepping to the beat. Enjoy a different type of workout? Select it from a list of activities like pilates, rowing, or spinning, and Google Fit will track all the Heart Points you earn.
CONNECT WITH YOUR FAVORITE APPS AND DEVICES
Fit can show you info from many of your favorite apps and devices to give you a holistic view of your health, so you’ll never lose track of your progress. These include Lifesum, Wear OS by Google, Nike+, Runkeeper, Strava, MyFitnessPal, Basis, Sleep as Android, Withings, Xiaomi Mi bands, and more.
CHECK IN AT ANYTIME, FROM ANYWHERE
See a snapshot of your activity history across Fit and your integrated apps in the redesigned journal. Or, get the full picture in browse, where you can find all of your health and wellness data.
KEEP A FINGER ON THE PULSE OF YOUR HEALTH
Breathing is one of the simplest ways to reduce tension and relieve stress. With Fit, checking in with your breath is easy—all you need is your phone camera. As well as your respiratory rate, you can measure your heart rate to get a better understanding of your body’s wellbeing.
Learn more about Google Fit and see a list of supported apps at: www.google.com/fit”
4. Sleep Tracker: Sleep Cycle & Snore Recorder
Sleep Tracker will track your sleep with your phone and get a detailed sleep analysis report so you can identify sleep problems and improve your sleep quality. Track your sleep cycles and use the data to help you sleep better now.
Download Sleep Tracker today – wake up easier and fall asleep faster!
⭐️ 4 Reasons why you need Sleep Tracker:
✨ 1. We help you fall asleep easier and faster with relaxing sleep musics;
✨ 2. We keep tracking your sleep pattern during your sleep;
✨ 3. Detailed and accurate sleep reports for better understanding of your sleep: deep sleep, light sleep, sleep noises and more;
✨ 4. We wake you up smoothly with no stress.
√ Fall Asleep Easily
– Specially designed relaxing & soothing sleep sounds and meditations drift you off to sleep in just minutes.
√ Track Your Sleep Cycles
– Sleep Tracker will provide you a detailed sleep statistics and daily sleep graphs: delivers a thorough sleep analysis of your sleep, records your sleep cycle and makes recommendations on what you can do to sleep better.
– Simply place your device next to your bed and Sleep Tracker will use the microphone to analyze your sleep cycle.
√ Sleep Data Analysis
– Check how much deep sleep, light sleep you get, find out sleep problems to be improved in the future.
√ Sleep Notes & Factors
– See how events such as drinking coffee, stress, working out, or eating late affect your sleep quality.
√ Long Term Sleep Trends
– Understand how your sleep goes and track your sleep trends.
√ Smart Alarm Clock
– After a good deep sleep, your body is restored and is ready to function in full. Pleasant alarm melodies wake you up gently, gradually and with no stress. This starts your day with positive emotions and thoughts.
📲 Working Requirement:
– Place your phone next to your bed, on a nightstand table or on the floor with the microphone nearer to your body
– Works better while you’re sleeping alone
– Keep the phone charged, battery level suggestion: 60%
📬 Contact us via email@example.com for any suggestion or question, we would be more than happy to hear from you.
💖 Have a pleasant sleep tonight!”
5. Sleep Cycle: Sleep Tracker
“Relax, sleep better and wake up feeling rested with Sleep Cycle, the smart alarm clock. Track sleep from bedtime to morning, and get detailed analysis with the app that makes waking up in the morning just that bit easier.
Track sleep using your phone and start your day feeling energized with our intelligent alarm clock and sleep tracker. Its unique design only wakes you up while you’re in your light sleep phase. Plus, you’ll get detailed reports as Sleep Cycle monitors your sleep patterns, from bedtime until you’re waking up. Track sleep and use the data to help you sleep better today!
⏰ Waking up made easy – 5 reasons you’ll love Sleep Cycle:
1. Sleep better with a gentle wake up call – Sleep Cycle’s alarm clock wakes you up while you’re in light sleep and is a natural way to start your day.
2. Relax at bedtime and track sleep easily – Learn about your sleep patterns with detailed analysis.
3. A sleep tracker with a difference – There’s no phone under your pillow, you can track sleep by placing your device on the nightstand or close by on the floor.
4. Your health comes first – Your sleep data and reports will help you feel great inside and out.
5. Sleep better – Relax and let Sleep Cycle analyse your light sleep, deep sleep and overall health.
Relax with a good night’s sleep that will do wonders for your health.
Download Sleep Cycle today – waking up in the morning has never been easier!
√ Sleep analysis with Sleep Cycle patented sound technology, or accelerometer
√ Detailed sleep statistics and daily sleep graphs
√ Carefully selected alarm melodies
√ Snooze by shaking or double tapping the phone lightly
√ Customizable wake-up window. From instant (regular alarm clock), up to 90 minutes
√ Sound recorder & Trends – Capture snoring, sleep talking and other sounds and view your trends
√ Longterm sleep tracker trends
√ Compare your sleep data to world sleep statistics
√ Sleep aid – helps you fall asleep easier
√ Sleep notes – see how events such as drinking coffee, stress, working out, or eating late affect your sleep quality
√ Wake up mood – see how Sleep Cycle affects your wake up mood
√ Online backup – lets you secure your sleep data online
√ Export sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
Ability to charge your phone by the bed.
Ability to place your phone near the bed, such as on a nightstand table or on the floor.
With Sleep Cycle on Wear OS, you can wake up rested with a gentle vibration on your wrist, without waking anyone else.”
6. Sleep as Android: Smart alarm
Sleep as Android is a swissknife tool for your sleep.
• Sleep cycle tracking with smart wake up uses your phone or any of the many supported wearables
(2 weeks premium trial, with a freemium mode afterward)
• Sonar: revolutionary contact-less ultrasonic sleep tracking (no need for phone in bed)
• Wearable tracking supports: Wear OS, Galaxy/Gear (Tizen), Garmin (ConnectIQ), Mi Band + Amazfit (via companion apps), Polar (H10, OH10, Senes), FitBit (Ionic, Sense, Versa), Pebble
• Sleep Score: complete evaluation of your sleep’s quality made of: deficit, regularity, efficiency, sleep phases, snoring, oxygenation (SPO2), heart rate variability (HRV)
• Reliable and feature-rich alarm including bi-weekly and shift work schedules
• Advanced AI-powered sound classification: Sleep talk recording, sickness detection, snoring detection and anti-snoring
• Sleep respiration analysis with low breath rate alarm
• Super reliable and super configurable alarms (check your OEM at https://dontkillmyapp.com)
• Trend charts, Goals for gradual improvement of your sleep and detailed advice on your sleep habits
• Bedtime reminder and irregularity tracking helps you keep regular sleep schedule (regular means healthy)
• Never oversleep again with CAPTCHA wake up verification (Math, Sheep counting, Phone shaking, Bathroom QR code or NFC tag)
• Health services sync: Google Fit, Samsung Health
• Gentle volume increasing nature sound alarms (birds, sea, storm…) and playlists
• Nature sound lullabies (whales, storm, sea, chants..) with binaural tones for fast fall asleep
• Spotify and online radio alarms and lullabies
• Sunrise wake-up with smart bulbs: Philips HUE, IKEA TRÅDFRI
• Complete automation with IFTTT, MQTT, Tasker or custom Webhooks
• Lucid dreaming: experiment with your sleep and consciousness
• Jet lag prevention for frequent travelers
• Lark or Owl?: Chronotype detection
• Focus on privacy
• Material YOU colors
See how we do contact-less sleep and breath tracking with Sonar
How we designed our neural networks for sleep sound classification
Watch our latest smartwatch integration progress
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
The reason is effective CAPTCHA (a feature to make sure you wake up in the morning) so you cannot avoid alarms by uninstalling the app during an alarm.
Many thanks to our users for using and supporting this apps!”