If you are looking for the Best Android App For Sound Pressure Level to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android App For Sound Pressure Level that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android App For Sound Pressure Level, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android App For Sound Pressure Level
1. “Decibel X – dB Sound Level Meter, Noise Detector”
“”Decibel X” is one of very few sound meter apps on the market that has highly reliable, pre-calibrated measurements and supports frequency weightings: ITU-R 468, A and C. It turns your phone device into a professional noise meter, precisely measures the sound pressure level (SPL) all around you. This extremely useful and beautiful tool will not only be an essential gadget for many uses but also bring you a lot of fun. Have you wondered how quiet is your room or how loud is a rock concert or sport event? “Decibel X” will help you answer all of those.
WHAT MAKES “DECIBEL X” SPECIAL:
– Trusted accuracy: the app is carefully tested and calibrated for most devices. The precision is matching with real SPL devices
– Frequency weighting filters: ITU-R 468, A, B, C, Z
– Spectrum analyzer: FFT and BAR graphs to display real time FFT. Those are very useful for frequency analysis and musical tests. Real time predominant frequency is also displayed.
– Powerful, smart history data management:
+ Recording data can be saved into a list of history records for future access and analysis
+ Each record can be exported as hi-res PNG graph or CSV text via sharing services
+ Fullscreen mode to give overview the whole history of an record
– Dosimeter: NIOSH, OSHA standards
– InstaDecibel to capture your dB report overlaid on photos and easily shared via popular social networks (Facebook, Instagram, etc.).
– Beautiful, intuitive and carefully crafted UI design
– Standard time weightings (Response Time): SLOW (500 milliseconds), FAST (200 milliseconds) and IMPULSE (50 milliseconds)
– Trimming calibration from -50 dB to 50 dB
– Standard measurement range from 20 dBA up to 130 dBA
– HISTO graph for plotted history of the recorded values
– WAVE graph with 2 display modes: Rolling & Buffer
– Real time scale level chart
– Display Current, Average/Leq, and Max values with both nice and clear digital and analog layouts
– Quick reference text to help you compare with real-life examples
– “Keep Device Stay Awake” option for long duration recording
– Reset and clear current recording at any time
– Pause/Resume at any time
– Please do not expect a quiet room reading will be 0 dBA. The range 30 dBA – 130 dBA is the standard usable range and an average quiet room will be about 30 dBA.
– Although most devices are pre-calibrated, custom calibration is suggested for serious purposes requiring higher precision and accuracy. To calibrate, you will need a real external device or calibrated sound meter as a reference, then adjust the trimming value until the reading matches with the reference.
If you like it or have suggestions, please support us by rating and giving us comments and feedback.”
2. Sound Meter
“Sound level meter(or SPL) app is shows a decibel values by measure the environmental noise, displays measured dB values in various forms. You can experience tidy graphic design with high frame by this smart sound meter app.
– Indicates decibel by gauge
– Display the current noise reference
– Display min/avg/max decibel values
– Display decibel by graph line
– Display Elapsed time of decibel
– Can calibrate the decibel for each devices
Microphones in most android devices are aligned to human voice. The maximum values are limited by the device. Very loud sounds(over ~90 dB) may not be recognized in most device. So please use it as just an auxiliary tools. If you need more accurate dB values, we recommend a actual sound level meter for that.”
3. Perfect Sound Meter
“★ Best Sound Meter (SPL – sound pressure level) is an app which can measure the actual sound level meter with decibels (dB). Sound meter is also known as sound level meter, decibel meter (dB meter), noise meter, sound pressure level meter (spl meter).
★ It uses your built-in microphone to measure environmental noise decibels (dB) and show a value for reference. We had calibrated many android devices with the actual sound level meter with dB.
★ Features of Best Sound Meter:
– indicates decibel by gauge
– display the current noise reference
– display min/avg/max decibel values
– display decibel by graph
– can calibrate the decibel for each devices
– quick reaction on sound level change
★ Levels of noise in decibels (dB) according to American Academy of audiology:
140 dB – gun shots, fireworks
130 dB – jackhammers, ambulance
120 dB – jet planes taking off
110 dB – concerts, car horns
100 dB – snowmobiles
90 dB – power tools
80 dB – alarm clocks
70 dB – traffic, vacuums
60 dB – normal conversation
50 dB – moderate rainfall
40 dB – quiet library
30 dB – whisper
20 dB – leaves rusting
10 dB – breathing
★ IMPORTANT information about Best Sound Meter: This tool is not a professional device to measure decibels. You have to know that the built-in microphones were aligned to human voice (300-3400Hz, 40-60dB). Therefore the maximum values are limited by the hardware limitation, and very loud sound (100+ db) cannot be recognized.
Remember that sound meter app is only for fun and please use it as an auxiliary tool.
★ If you have any comments, feedback or you need help with Best Sound Meter, please send an e-mail to:
4. SPL Meter
“Sound Pressure Level Meter. This app uses the microphone to detect sound and convert it into an SPL value. FOR INDICATION ONLY. Results depend on your device and its hardware. The range between the noise floor and saturation may be only 20 dB on the worst devices, but could exceed 100 dB on the best devices.
Features of this SPL meter include:
Analogue Dial with Max and Min indicators.
Weighting – A, C or None . (A weighting filters the high and low frequencies according to how the ear perceives sound loudness). Results are in dB, dBA or dBC depending on weighting.
Averaging of SPL, Clear and Pause buttons.
Octaves and third octaves – Frequency spectrum of the sound.
Graph – Shows the time depedence of the sound.
Autoscale or manual (pinch & pan) Y-Axis.
Relative button – if looking for differences, tapping REL will remove the current averaged value from the reading.
Calibrate option – If you have a calibrated SPL meter or known loudness source, you can use this option to calibrate the meter. (However its still for Indication Only).
More technical details can be found on the website.”
5. Sound Meter – Decibel Meter
Sound meter features:
– Indicate decibel by gauge
– Display the current noise reference
– Display min/avg/max decibel values
– Display decibel by a graph, easy to understand
– Can calibrate the decibel for each device
– Show measurement histories
– Set warning for high decibel
– Change white or black theme
– Transfer into smaller interface
Levels of Noise In decibels (dB) according to the American Academy of audiology, from 20 dB to 120 dB between the division, for example, 60 dB is “Normal conversation “.
If the interface is small when you open it, you should know it is a convenient mode. Tap the button under the dial gram, you can change the interface into a large one.
The high decibel value will be harmful to your physical and mental health and hearing function. You’d better avoid exposure in noisy environments. To protect your and your family’s health, detect the decibel value now!
Do not hesitate, come and download the Sound pressure level (SPL) meter app now.”