If you are looking for the Best Android App For Sydney Public Transport to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Sydney Public Transport that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Sydney Public Transport, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Sydney Public Transport
1. Opal Travel
“Opal Travel is the official app for managing your travel across the public transport network in Sydney (Australia), and surrounding regions. Use the app to plan trips, top up your Opal balance, view trip and transaction history, and access other useful information all on your Android device. Opal Travel can be used with both registered and unregistered Opal cards.
With this app you can:
– Plan trips and see fare estimates
– View and top up your Opal balance on the go
– Register your Opal card or credit/debit card you use to catch public transport
– View travel history and transactions for both Opal and credit/debit card tap ons
– Set up automatic balance top ups
– Report an Opal card as lost or stolen and transfer the balance to another Opal card
– Get location-based alerts when approaching your stop
– Get notifications about delays and disruptions specific to your trip
– Check weekly travel rewards
– Scan your Opal card with your device to check tap on status, account balance and weekly travel rewards (compatible NFC-enabled Android devices only)
– See Opal retailer locations on a map
Opal card scanning may not work on all devices.
Designed for use with Adult, Child/Youth, Concession and Senior/Pensioner Opal cards, and American Express, MasterCard and Visa only.
Not compatible with rooted (jailbroken) Android devices.
For more information visit https://transportnsw.info/apps/opal-travel”
2. Citymapper: The Ultimate Transport App
Easily navigate your city with turn-by-turn directions for all your public transportation, walking, cycling and scooter trips.
Find the best route
► Simple city navigation and trip planning combining bus 🚎 subway 🚇 train 🚄 ferry ⛴ cabs 🚕 ride share 🚖 car share 🚗 bike share 🚲 e-scooters 🛴 and walking 🚶♂️Discover routes you never knew existed 🕵️♀️!
Hit the GO button for step-by-step directions
► Turn-by-turn navigation for your transit, walking, cycling and scooter trips. Choose between 3 different map views, see the charge levels of e-scooters and e-bikes around you, and avoid no-parking zones. We take care of the logistical thinking with our smart route planner so you are free to enjoy the ride 🙌
Experience one-stop-shop mobility
► Compare cab fares, hail a ride, hop on a shared bike or get on the nearest scooter. Our partners include: Uber, Lyft, JUMP, Lime, Bird, Spin, Skip, Scoot, Citi Bike, JerseryBike, Bluebikes, Indego, CaBi, Divvy, Metro Bike, Breeze, Bay Wheels, Healthy Ride, Relay, BCycle, SA Bike Share, GREENbike, Grid, RTC Bike, BIKETOWN, Biki 🚖 🚲 🛴
Beat the rush-hour crowd
► Live wait times and ETA so you’ll never miss a bus, train or ferry again. Follow your public transportation as it’s approaching on a real-time map with our train & bus tracker. See the best train car to board, check the next train or bus stop, get alerted when it’s time to get off, and get in and out from the best exit at any subway / train station ⏰
Smarten up your daily transit navigation
► Get daily updates right on your lock screen for all public transportation: real-time bus arrivals, subway, ferry and train times, with disruption / delay / status alerts and alternative routes. Stay on top of any changes to your local bus schedule, train schedule or ferry timetable with the all-in-one transit tracker 🚨
Personalize your city navigation
► Save Home, Work and your go-to stops / stations for fast trip planning. Subscribe to your favorite subway, train, bus or ferry line for automatic disruption / delay / status alerts. Your local subway map, next bus time, subway time and train schedule at your fingertips ❤️
► Share your live trip: let friends follow your live trip to know when you’ll arrive. Share any location or address: one tap for others to get directions 🤳
► Access offline the official NYC subway map, Manhattan bus transit map, Brooklyn bus map, MTA map, Queens bus map, DC metro map, Muni metro map, and more 🗺
Works on Wear OS
► Hit GO in the app and automatically see all the information you need during your trip on your Wear OS watch.
► New York City | Chicago | Los Angeles | San Francisco | Washington DC | Boston | Philadelphia | Seattle | Miami | Atlanta | Portland | Denver | Baltimore | San Diego | Minneapolis | Houston | Phoenix | Dallas | Las Vegas | Pittsburgh | Honolulu | Salt Lake City | San Antonio | St. Louis | Cleveland | Austin + Many more worldwide! See the full list and vote for the next one in the app or at https://citymapper.com/cities 🏙
► We use open data from transit agencies, including: MTA | CTA | LA Metro | MBTA | WMATA | SEPTA | NJ Transit | Muni | BART | King Bus | MARTA | LIRR | RTD | TriMet | Metro-North Railroad | PATH | Houston METRO | San Diego MTS | Miami-Dade Transit | Metro Transit MN | METRA | RTC | TheBus | Port Authority | DART | AC Transit | Sound Transit | UTA | OCTA | VIA | PTD | St. Louis Metro Transit | RTA | Capital Metro | Broward County Transit Division | NY Waterway Ferries | LBT 📈
Keep in touch
► If you have any questions or feedback email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com”
3. TripView Lite
“TripView displays Sydney and Melbourne public transport timetable data on your phone. It features a summary view showing your next services, as well as a full timetable viewer. All timetable data is stored on your phone, so it can be used offline.
– Trackwork and service interruption information
– Interactive maps (create your trip by clicking on your station/stop)
– Multi-modal trip editor (customise exact change locations / lines)
– Real-time delay information and vehicle map (subject to data availability)
Additional features in the full version of TripView:
– Save your trips
– No advertisements
– Organise trips into folders
Realtime data is available for the following operators:
– Sydney Trains (Sydney metro area only, excluding Waterfall and the T6 Line)
– Sydney and Newcastle Buses
– Hillsbus, Forest Coach Lines, Busways Blacktown, Transdev North Shore
– Sydney Ferries
– Sydney Light Rail (excluding stops between Exhibition Centre and Central)
NOTE: Best efforts are taken to ensure timetable accuracy, but no guarantees are made. If you find an error in the timetable, please email email@example.com with details.”
4. Transit: Bus & Subway Times
“Transit is your real-time city travel companion. It works in 300+ cities, for buses, trains, Ubers, Lyfts, and everything in between. Get precise real-time predictions for public transit, the smartest & fastest trip plans, and a step-by-step navigator when you’re going to unfamiliar destinations (or to wake you up from a mid-trip nap™). Our app gives you all the info you need, in a clear, bold interface so you don’t get lost or stuck at the stop.
Whether you’re new to a city… or a subway expert who takes NYC’s MTA / LA Metro / WMATA / MBTA / BART / CTA / SEPTA every day (or the 200+ other systems we support) this is the award-winning app you need.
*Turn on mobile data to get real-time information
**No data? Don’t worry: our trip planner works offline, using schedule
🌟 Google Play Picks
🗽 MTA App Quest challenge winner: Best overall app to navigate NYC
📰 “Killer App” — WSJ’s NYC subway reporter
🏆 “MBTA has a favorite transit app, and it’s called Transit” — Boston Globe
⏰ “You won’t realize how much time you can save until you use this app” — LA Times
💪 “The best app for CTA buses” — Reddit Chicago
🔥 And trusted by the New York Times’ own tech critic, Mike Isaac
🔍 What features does this app support?
– Real-time map that shows you where your ride is 📍
– Subway maps 🗺️
– Trip planner (works offline)
– Explore different combinations of trips to find the fastest way to your destination (i.e. how does a train trip compare to a “bus + bikeshare” trip? Or a “train + Uber” trip?)
– Real-time predictions, telling you when your train, subway, bus, ferry, metro, etc. will show up
– Step-by-step navigator (including transfers)
– Voice reminders to start walking to your stop, to hurry up (if your bus or subway is arriving early) and where to get off
– Schedules, route itineraries, connecting lines at every stop
– Pay for bus & train tickets, bikeshare passes & ridehail fares in the app (select cities)
– Bike directions
– Compare ETAs & prices for Uber, Lyft and Via
– See ALL nearby bikeshares, scooters, and carshares
– Support for everything: bus / metro / subway / light rail / streetcar / train / ridehail / bikeshare / scooters / carshare / ferry
🙋 Where does this app work?
200+ supported cities, including NYC, Chicago, Washington DC, LA, SF & the Bay Area, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Paris, and many more cities across North America, Europe, Australia and NZ
⚾ Partial list of US cities ⚾ (including bus, train, subway, and ferry systems)
Atlanta: MARTA, CCT, GRTA
Austin: Capital Metro
Boston: MBTA, Hubway
Buffalo: NFTA, Fort Erie Transit
Chicago: CTA, Metra, PACE, NICTD, Divvy
Cincinnati: Metro, TANK
Columbus: COTA, CoGo
Dallas: DART, Fort Worth T
Hampton Roads: HRT
Hartford (and CT): CTTransit, CTFastrak
Las Vegas: RTC
Los Angeles: LA Metro, Metrolink, OCTA, LADOT, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Foothill, Big Blue Bus, Glendale Beeline
Miami: MDT, BCT, Palm Tran, Tri-Rail, Citibike
Minneapolis: Metro Transit, MVTA, Plymouth, SouthWest, U. Minnesota, Nice Ride
New Orleans: RTA
NYC Metro: New York MTA, Metro-North (MNR), Long Island Rail Road (LIRR), NJ Transit (NJT), PATH, SI Ferry, NICE, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, SIR, CitiBike
Philadelphia: SEPTA, PATCO, Indego
Phoenix: Valley Metro
Pittsburgh: Port Authority (PAAC)
SLC: UTA, GREENbike
Sacramento: Capitol Corridor, SRT
San Antonio: VIA Metropolitan
San Diego: MTS, NCTD
SF Bay Area: SF BART, SFMTA (SF MUNI), Caltrain, AC Transit, VTA, County Connection, SamTrans, Bay Wheels
Seattle: Metro Transit, City of Seattle, Sound Transit, Pierce Transit, Pronto
St. Louis: Metro
Tampa Bay: HART, PSTA
Washington DC: WMATA (DC Metro & Bus), DC Circulator, Ride On, Arlington (ART), Fairfax Connector, VRE, DASH, Capital Bike Share
+100s more cities, including Paris, Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, London, and more!”
5. Sydney Bus
1. Nearby Stops
– Provid all nearby bus stops sorted by the distance from current location
– Click on a specific bus stop to display all bus routes via the stop
– Click on a specific route to further display all stop sequence and their estimated arrival times
– By clicking on a specific stop, you can further explore the stop nearby POI, such as food, restaurants, attractions and other store information.
2. Bus Routes Information
– Searching specific bus information by using route#, stop#, or partial stop name
– Provide frequently used bus route for quickly selection.
3. Direction planning
– Provide the suggested traffic routes (walk, take bus, subway, train, etc.) between the desired departure and destination location
– Provide a well-planned route map to indicate the traffic types you need to use
– Use speech recognition to speed up the route planning
– Click on the destination to explore the nearby attractions around the destination, such as food, restaurants, attractions and other store information
– You can share the planned routes to a friend to his(her) LINE chat or EMAIL
4. Nearby POI Search
– Provide nearby POI search
– The POI categories include snacks, coffee snacks, restaurants, MRT station, Bike point, train station, attractions, hospitals, supermarkets, beauty salons, hotels, clothing stores, bars, shoe stores, Shopping malls, schools, flower shops, electrical shops, banks, banks, travel agencies, bookstores, post offices, bicycle lines, steam locomotive, furniture, housing agents, pet shops, aquariums, etc.
– Use voice input to query specific stores such as McDonald’s, Starbucks, …
– Provide detailed information of a store, such as photos, rating score, address, URL,openning hours, comments, etc.
– Searching radius ranging from 500 meters to 7km can be set as your need
– Provide POI maps and street views. It also indicates the best route from current location (walking or cycling)
– Support search of cities or landmarks all over the world
– You can share POI information to a friend to his(her) LINE chat or EMAIL”
6. Sydney Transport • live train and bus times
🚍 Countdown boards for buses and trains
🗺️ Watch your bus or train on a live map as it gets near
🔔 Get step-by-step public transit directions with live guidance from A-to-B
⚠️ Service alerts to let you know what’s going on in your area
🕑 Seven-day schedules
⭐ Save your favourite stops and stations
🚄 See every nearby route and where they go
📱 Simple and clean, showing you only the information you need”