If you are looking for the Best Android App For Taking Pictures to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Android App For Taking Pictures that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Android App For Taking Pictures, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Android App For Taking Pictures
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
2. MotionCam: Camera & RAW Video
“MotionCam replaces your built in camera with advanced computational photography algorithms to produce natural looking images. It stacks multiple images to reduce noise. It also allows for capture of true RAW video at full sensor resolution on a high end device.
* True RAW video capture with support for Cinema DNG.
* Ability to go back in time and pick images from the past.
* Full customization of post processing including white balance, tone mapping and sharpness.
* Customizable advanced image stacking algorithm to reduce noise.
* Full manual controls of shutter and ISO.
NOTE: Motion Cam needs a high end device to function. Your device will need complete Camera2 API support. Please visit https://github.com/mirsadm/motioncam for support.”
== KEY FEATURES==
• 29 Tools and Filters, including: Healing, Brush, Structure, HDR, Perspective (see list below)
• Opens JPG and RAW files
• Save your personal looks and apply them to new photos later
• Selective filter brush
• All styles can be tweaked with fine, precise control
== TOOLS, FILTERS AND FACE ==
• RAW Develop – open and tweak RAW DNG files; save non-destructively or export as JPG
• Tune image – adjust exposure and color automatically or manually with fine, precise control
• Details – magically brings out surface structures in images
• Crop – crop to standard sizes or freely
• Rotate – rotate by 90°, or straighten a skewed horizon
• Perspective – fix skewed lines and perfect the geometry of horizons or buildings
• White Balance – adjust the colors so that the image looks more natural
• Brush – selectively retouch exposure, saturation, brightness or warmth
• Selective – the renown “Control Point” technology: Position up to 8 points on the image and assign enhancements, the algorithm does the rest magically
• Healing – remove the uninvited neighbor from a group picture
• Vignette – add a soft darkness around the corners like a beautiful, wide-aperture would do
• Text – add both stylized or plain text
• Curves – have precise control over the brightness levels in your photos
• Expand – increase the size of your canvas and fill up the new space in smart ways with content of your image
• Lens Blur – add a beautiful Bokeh to images (background softening), ideal for photographic portraits
• Glamour Glow – add a fine glow to images, great for fashion or portraits
• Tonal Contrast – boost details selectively in the shadows, midtones and highlights
• HDR Scape – bring a stunning look to your images by creating the effect of multiple exposures
• Drama – add a hint of doomsday to your images (6 styles)
• Grunge – an edgy look with strong styles and texture overlays
• Grainy Film – get modern film looks with realistic grain
• Vintage – the style of color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Retrolux – go retro with light leaks, scratches, film styles
• Noir – Black and White film looks with realistic grain and the “wash” effect
• Black & White – classic Black and White look straight out of the darkroom
• Frames – add frames with adjustable size
• Double Exposure – blend two photos, choosing from blend modes that are inspired by shooting on film and by digital image processing
• Face Enhance – add focus to the eyes, add face-specific lighting, or smoothen skin
• Face Pose – correct the pose of portraits based on three dimensional models”
4. Google Camera
• HDR+ with Exposure and White Balance Controls – Take pictures using HDR+ to capture fantastic photos, especially in low-light or backlit scenes.
• Top Shot – Pick the best moment with Top Shot. It automatically recommends the best pics, where no one is blinking and everything looks just right.
• Night Sight – You’ll never want to use your flash again. Night Sight brings out all the details and colors that get lost in the dark. You can even take photos of the Milky Way!
• Super Res Zoom – Super Res Zoom makes your pictures sharper when you zoom in.
• Motion Mode – Capture life in motion. Take professional quality Long Exposure and Action Pan photos.
• Long Shot – Take casual, quick videos by simply long-pressing the shutter key in the default camera mode.
Requirements – The latest version of Google Camera only works on Pixel phones running Android 12 and above. Some features are not available on all devices.”
5. Picsart Photo & Video Editor
“Join the Picsart community of over 150 million creators around the world. With the Picsart photo editor and video editor, you can bring your creativity to life. Make professional-level collages, design and add stickers, quickly remove and swap backgrounds, try popular edits like Golden Hour, Mirror Selfies, and retro VHS or Y2K filters. Picsart is your go-to, all-in-one editor & collage maker with all the tools you need to give your content a personal flair and make it stand out.
• Try trending filters for pictures and popular photo effects
• Use the Background Eraser to erase and replace backgrounds
• Clean up pics and remove unwanted objects with the Remove Object tool
• Use millions of curated, free images or edit your own pictures
• Add text to photos with 200+ designer fonts
• Retouch selfies with hair color changer, makeup stickers & more
• Blur backgrounds with our AI-powered smart selection tool
• Quickly flip & crop photos
• Add stickers to pictures and create your own stickers
• Create and edit videos with our easy-to-use video editor with music
• Take your IG Stories, TikToks & Reels to the next level
• Add music to your videos using our extensive video editor music library
• Crop video clips to the perfect dimensions and ratios
• Try Glitch video effects and other trendy filters in the video editor
• Trim videos or use smart video merger to blend videos
• Design using the slideshow maker with music
• Add your best moments to a video collage
• Create on-trend photo collages with your favorite pictures
• Try photo grid collage, freestyle collage, scrapbook, and frames for pictures
• Go viral with our meme generator & share with friends
• Use the Story Maker and level up your Instagram game with Story templates
STICKER MAKER + FREE STICKERS
• Discover over 60+ million Picsart stickers
• Add stickers to pictures to turn up the fun level on your edits
• Download any sticker for free and use it instantly
• Make your own clipart and create unique custom stickers
PHOTO EFFECTS & FILTERS
• Outline selfies with the popular Sketch effects
• Turn portraits into artistic masterpieces with Canvas effects
• Make Drip Art with dripping effect stickers & customize the blend mode
• Cartoon yourself in seconds with amazing Magic effects
• Use Picsart Draw with customizable brushes, layers, & pro drawing tools
• Doodle on pictures and create a transparent clothes effect
• Start with a blank canvas to create art and illustrations from scratch
• Play with Doodle Art and scribble away for hours
• Recreate trending edits in a couple of taps. Cut editing time in half with easy customizable steps
• Edit multiple pictures in the same style.
• Keep your IG feed on-trend and consistent by creating personal presets
• The Picsart Gold subscription grants access to NEW EXCLUSIVE content all the time. Get all the top features with an ad-free editing experience.
Start your Picsart Gold membership with a free trial – limited to one per Google Play account. Once the trial is over, you’ll be charged a nominal subscription fee. Your Gold subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. If your subscription is subject to any promotional discount, the discount will expire upon the end of the current period & you’ll be charged the standard rate upon renewal. Go to your Google Play account to manage your membership & to turn auto-renew off. Your Google Play account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Terms and conditions: https://picsart.com/terms-and-conditions
About Ads: https://picsart.com/privacy-policy#interest-base”
6. Google Photos
– “The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
– “Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
The official Google Photos app is made for the way you take photos today and includes essential features like shared albums, automatic creations and an advanced editing suite. Additionally every Google Account comes with 15 GB of free storage and you can choose to automatically back up all your photos and videos in High quality or Original quality. You can then access them from any connected device and on photos.google.com.
With the official app, you get:
FREE STORAGE: Back up 15 GB of photos and videos for free and access them from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you. All photos and videos you back up in High quality before June 1, 2021 will not count toward your Google Account storage.
FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
AUTOMATIC CREATIONS: Bring photos to life with automatically created movies, collages, animations, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
ADVANCED EDITING SUITE: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
SHARING SUGGESTIONS: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
FAST AND POWERFUL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them — no tagging required.
LIVE ALBUMS: Select the people and pets you want to see and Google Photos will automatically add photos of them as you take them, no manual updates needed.*
PHOTO BOOKS: Create a photo book in just minutes from your phone or computer. You can also see suggested photo books based on your best shots from a trip or period of time.*
GOOGLE LENS: Search the hard-to-describe and get stuff done, right from a photo. Copy and translate text, identify plants and animals, add events to your calendar, find products online, and more.
SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Instantly share photos with any contact, email, or phone number.
SHARED LIBRARIES: Grant a trusted person access to all of your photos.
You can also upgrade storage for your Google Account, used for Original Quality photos and videos by subscribing to Google One. Subscriptions start at $1.99/month for 100 GB in the US. Pricing and availability can vary by region.
– Google One Terms of Service: https://one.google.com/terms-of-service
– One Google Pricing: https://one.google.com/about
For additional help visit https://support.google.com/photos
*Face grouping, live albums and photo books are not available in all countries.”
7. Retrica – The Original Filter Camera
“Retrica is the catalyst of great photos with special effects and over 190 filters. Add vignette, grain or blur effect to get that retro atmosphere in your photos and videos. Take photos and videos with filters and effects in real-time or edit them from your phone album.”