If you are looking for the Best Android App For Tfl to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Android App For Tfl that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Android App For Tfl, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Android App For Tfl
1. Visit London Official City Guide
“Get the most from your trip with this Visit London city guide, in partnership with Mastercard.
Browse handpicked lists of the best things to do, and discover great things to do in London based on where you are and where you’re going.
– Find out what’s near you right now from the home screen, including great places to eat and top attractions.
– Find out what there is to do in an area before you go. Just tap “discover nearby” when looking at any point of interest to explore what’s worth doing in that neighbourhood.
-Find hidden gems and explore London areas like a local; save places to view offline; and build your own personalised maps to make the most of your visit.
From top attractions, world-class museums, art galleries and amazing shopping experiences to buzzing markets, leafy parks, eclectic nightlife and some of the world’s most famous landmarks, London has it all and it’s all at your fingertips.
AT A GLANCE:
– Unique hand-picked lists of the best things to see and do in London brought to you by our expert team.
– Discover the best of London near your location or near where you’re planning to go, including top restaurants, bars and attractions.
– All the key London sights and attractions, including Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Tower Bridge, the Coca-Cola London Eye and many more, as well as plenty of hidden gems.
– Explore London like a local with insider guides.
– Easily navigate using our transport maps.
– Check how the Tube is operating with our travel status updates.
– Find out what’s on in London, including major events, theatre shows, exhibitions and much more.
– Save places to view offline to avoid data roaming charges.
– Receive offers and general information notifications based on your location.
– Plan ahead and create your own personal itinerary by saving all your favourites.
– Search for things to see and do, including all of London’s top landmarks.
– Access and book great deals and offers, directly from the app.
– Find the best routes and directions to navigate the city.
– Location responsive, quick and simple.
– Completely free with no hidden costs.
ABOUT VISIT LONDON:
visitlondon.com is London’s official tourism website. Plan your perfect trip by searching the website for hotels, attractions, travel and events.”
2. “TfL Go: Live Tube, Bus & Rail”
“Travel confidently around London with maps and live travel updates on our official TfL app. Check live arrival times for Tube, London Overground, DLR and TfL Rail trains as well as Trams and Emirates Air Line. Make step-free journeys and look up station facilities. See on the map when stations and lifts are closed. Walking or cycling? Our reliable journey planner will map a safe route.
The app is built around our iconic Tube map. To get started:
• Touch the map or search to plan your journey
• See the status of all lines
• Re-route as you travel – we’ll suggest alternatives
• Switch to the step-free map for accessible journeys
• Find out when your next train, bus or tram is due
• Look up which platform your train will arrive on
• See when the stations you want to travel through are quieter
• Check out station information and facilities like toilets
Our simple and clear layout is designed to make using the app easy for everyone.
Planning your journey: We’ll suggest multiple ways to get to your destination – you pick the one that suits you best. Choose the quickest journey, bus-only or one that’s step-free.
Check before you travel: See how the line is running and when to expect your next Tube, bus, train or tram
Freedom to explore: Choose the right travel options if you or someone you’re travelling with needs to avoid steps, lifts onto a train or in a station.
Bus stops near you: Find the bus stop nearest to where you are, and next bus live arrival information for every route.
Available underground: Connect to Wi-Fi (and 4G in some places) to get all the live updates”
3. Citymapper: All Your Transport
“Instantly compare your travel options in real-time across all transport modes.
Easily navigate your city with turn-by-turn directions for all your public transport, walking, cycling and scooter trips.
Find the best route
Simple travel planner combining all transport modes: bus 🚎 tube 🚇 train 🚄 tram 🚋 taxi 🚕 ride share 🚖 car share 🚗 bike share 🚲 and walking🚶♂️Discover routes you never knew existed 🕵️♀️
Get real-time data for all transport rides
TfL journey planner with all London bus times, London tube times, and the TfL underground map. Detailed directions on the Manchester Metrolink tram, rail & bus system, and up to date bus times in Birmingham. Move around your city like a pro 💪
Hit the GO button for step-by-step directions
Turn-by-turn navigation for all your public transport, walking, cycling and scooter trips. Choose between 3 different map views, see the charge levels of e-bikes around you, we even help you avoid no-parking zones. We take care of the logistical thinking so you are free to enjoy the ride 🙌
Experience one-stop-shop mobility
Compare cab fares, hail a ride, grab the closest carshare, hop on a shared bike all from within the app. Our partners include: Uber, Gett, Zipcar, Ola, Getaround, Virtuo, Turo, Santander Cycles, FREE NOW, Beryl 🚖 🚲
Beat the rush-hour crowd
Live wait times and ETA so you’ll never miss a bus, train or tube again. Follow your bus / train as it’s approaching on a real-time map, see the best carriage to board, get alerted when it’s time to get off, get in and out from the best exit at any underground / train station ⏰
Smarten up your daily travel
Get daily updates about your morning or evening commute right on your lock screen with real-time bus, tube, train and tram times and disruption / delay / status alerts with alternative routes 🚨
Personalise your city
Save Home, Work and your go-to stops / stations for lightning fast trip planning. Subscribe to your favourite transport lines and get automatic delay/disruption alerts ❤️
Let friends follow your live trip to know when you’ll arrive. Share any location or address: one tap for others to get directions 🤳
Access offline the official TfL Underground map, network maps for TfGM, TfWM, and more 🗺
Works on Wear OS
Just hit GO in the app and automatically see all the information you need during your trip on your Wear OS watch.
London | Birmingham | Manchester | Liverpool | Edinburgh | Dublin | Paris | New York City | Hong Kong | Singapore | Barcelona | Los Angeles | Berlin | Rome | Madrid | Hamburg | Milan | Chicago
+ Many more in the UK and worldwide! See the full list and vote for the next one in the app at: https://citymapper.com/cities 🏙
Public Transport agencies
► We use open data from transport agencies in the cities we cover which includes:
LONDON | TfL (Transport for London), Underground, Overground, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), Tramlink
MANCHESTER | TfGM (Transport for Greater Manchester), Manchester Metrolink
LIVERPOOL | Merseytravel, Merseyrail
YORKSHIRE | WYCA, SYPTE, Sheffield Supertram
BIRMINGHAM | TfWM (Transport for West Midlands), West Midlands Railway, Midland Metro, National Express West Midlands, National Express Coventry
NOTTINGHAM | NCT, NET
EDINBURGH | TfE, Lothian Bus, Edinburgh Tram
GLASGOW | SPT
BRISTOL | Travelwest, MetroBus, Bristol Ferries
CARDIFF | Transport for Wales, Cardiff Bus
NEWCASTLE | NEXUS, Tyne and Wear Metro
UK WIDE | National Rail, Arriva bus, Stagecoach bus, First bus
HONG KONG | MTR, KMB, Citybus: New World First Bus, New Lantao Bus, HK Tramways, Green Minibus, Red Minibus, First Ferry, Star Ferry, Discovery Bay, Park Island, Kaito
SINGAPORE | LTA, SMRT, SBS
Keep in touch
► Questions, feedback or something we have missed in your city? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Google Maps
“Navigate your world faster and easier with Google Maps. Over 220 countries and territories mapped and hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map. Get real-time GPS navigation, traffic, and transit info, and explore local neighborhoods by knowing where to eat, drink and go – no matter what part of the world you’re in.
Get there faster with real-time updates
• Beat traffic with real-time ETAs and traffic conditions
• Catch your bus, train, or ride-share with real-time transit info
• Save time with automatic rerouting based on live traffic, incidents, and road closures
Discover places and explore like a local
• Discover local restaurant, events, and activities that matter to you
• Know what’s trending and new places that are opening in the areas you care about
• Decide more confidently with “Your match,” a number on how likely you are to like a place
• Group planning made easy. Share a shortlist of options and vote in real-time
• Create lists of your favorite places and share with friends
• Follow must-try places recommended by local experts, Google, and publishers
• Review places you’ve visited. Add photos, missing roads and places.
More experiences on Google Maps
• Offline maps to search and navigate without an internet connection
• Street View and indoor imagery for restaurants, shops, museums and more
• Indoor maps to quickly find your way inside big places like airports, malls and stadiums
* Some features not available in all countries
* Also available for Wear OS
* Navigation isn’t intended to be used by oversized or emergency vehicles”
5. TfL Oyster and contactless
“Manage your adult Oyster and contactless cards on the move with the app.
• Top up pay as you go credit
• Buy adult rate 7 Day, Monthly and Annual Travelcards, and Bus & Tram Passes
• View your Oyster card and contactless journey history
• Check contactless payments
• Check your pay as you go balance and see season tickets
• Check if you have any incomplete journeys
• Allow notifications when your pay as you go balance falls below a certain amount, or your Travelcard is about to expire
When you top up your credit or buy a Travelcard or Bus & Tram Pass, it will be available to collect after 30 minutes when you touch your Oyster card on a yellow card reader as part of a journey on any London bus, or at any Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail or National Rail station within the pay as you go area, tram stop or River Bus pier.
Keeping on top of your spend is easy; see the date, time and cost of your journeys from the last 8 weeks.
Customers who have not already added their contactless card to an online account can do so at contactless.tfl.gov.uk.
The TfL Oyster and contactless app will request access to your camera. This is so that you can scan your payment card. We will never store the scanned pictures. Alternatively you can enter the card details manually.
You can’t currently add Oyster photocards to this app.
You can’t currently buy discounted tickets through the app.
For security reasons TfL Oyster app is not supported on rooted devices.
Please provide any feedback using this link https://www.tfl.gov.uk/app-contact”
6. Citymapper: The Ultimate Transport App
“Instantly compare your travel options in real-time across all transport modes!
Easily navigate your city with turn-by-turn directions for all your public transportation, walking, cycling and scooter trips.
Find the best route
► Simple city navigation and trip planning combining bus 🚎 subway 🚇 train 🚄 ferry ⛴ cabs 🚕 ride share 🚖 car share 🚗 bike share 🚲 e-scooters 🛴 and walking 🚶♂️Discover routes you never knew existed 🕵️♀️!
Hit the GO button for step-by-step directions
► Turn-by-turn navigation for your transit, walking, cycling and scooter trips. Choose between 3 different map views, see the charge levels of e-scooters and e-bikes around you, and avoid no-parking zones. We take care of the logistical thinking with our smart route planner so you are free to enjoy the ride 🙌
Experience one-stop-shop mobility
► Compare cab fares, hail a ride, hop on a shared bike or get on the nearest scooter. Our partners include: Uber, Lyft, JUMP, Lime, Bird, Spin, Skip, Scoot, Citi Bike, JerseryBike, Bluebikes, Indego, CaBi, Divvy, Metro Bike, Breeze, Bay Wheels, Healthy Ride, Relay, BCycle, SA Bike Share, GREENbike, Grid, RTC Bike, BIKETOWN, Biki 🚖 🚲 🛴
Beat the rush-hour crowd
► Live wait times and ETA so you’ll never miss a bus, train or ferry again. Follow your public transportation as it’s approaching on a real-time map with our train & bus tracker. See the best train car to board, check the next train or bus stop, get alerted when it’s time to get off, and get in and out from the best exit at any subway / train station ⏰
Smarten up your daily transit navigation
► Get daily updates right on your lock screen for all public transportation: real-time bus arrivals, subway, ferry and train times, with disruption / delay / status alerts and alternative routes. Stay on top of any changes to your local bus schedule, train schedule or ferry timetable with the all-in-one transit tracker 🚨
Personalize your city navigation
► Save Home, Work and your go-to stops / stations for fast trip planning. Subscribe to your favorite subway, train, bus or ferry line for automatic disruption / delay / status alerts. Your local subway map, next bus time, subway time and train schedule at your fingertips ❤️
► Share your live trip: let friends follow your live trip to know when you’ll arrive. Share any location or address: one tap for others to get directions 🤳
► Access offline the official NYC subway map, Manhattan bus transit map, Brooklyn bus map, MTA map, Queens bus map, DC metro map, Muni metro map, and more 🗺
Works on Wear OS
► Hit GO in the app and automatically see all the information you need during your trip on your Wear OS watch.
► New York City | Chicago | Los Angeles | San Francisco | Washington DC | Boston | Philadelphia | Seattle | Miami | Atlanta | Portland | Denver | Baltimore | San Diego | Minneapolis | Houston | Phoenix | Dallas | Las Vegas | Pittsburgh | Honolulu | Salt Lake City | San Antonio | St. Louis | Cleveland | Austin + Many more worldwide! See the full list and vote for the next one in the app or at https://citymapper.com/cities 🏙
► We use open data from transit agencies, including: MTA | CTA | LA Metro | MBTA | WMATA | SEPTA | NJ Transit | Muni | BART | King Bus | MARTA | LIRR | RTD | TriMet | Metro-North Railroad | PATH | Houston METRO | San Diego MTS | Miami-Dade Transit | Metro Transit MN | METRA | RTC | TheBus | Port Authority | DART | AC Transit | Sound Transit | UTA | OCTA | VIA | PTD | St. Louis Metro Transit | RTA | Capital Metro | Broward County Transit Division | NY Waterway Ferries | LBT 📈
Keep in touch
► If you have any questions or feedback email us at: email@example.com
Like us on Facebook: http://facebook.com/thecitymapper
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Citymapper
Visit our website: http://citymapper.com”
7. Tube Map – London Underground
“Tube Map, the navigation app that makes getting around on the London Underground faster and easier. The award-winning Tube Map has over 19 million downloads worldwide, making it the #1 London Underground app!
★ The official Transport for London (TfL) Tube Map in an interactive app.
★ Real-time route planner that will navigate you around disruptions on the Tube.
★ Easy to use both with and without an internet connection.
★ Uses live data from Transport for London (TfL) to give station information and train times.
★ Be first to hear about delays and closures on the London Underground with line status notifications.
• Find your way around the London Underground with Tube Map’s journey planner and step-by-step directions.
• Compare the time and cost of different routes to see when it’s faster or cheaper to take the bus.
• Save all of your favourite routes in one place for faster route planning when on the go.
• View your closest London Underground stations from any location.
• See how accessible a station is when travelling on foot, with heavy luggage, with a pram/pushchair or as a wheelchair user.
• Get detailed station information about facilities such as toilets, cash and ticket machines, WIFI access and taxi ranks.
• Check your line status notifications on the move with Notification Dots. Just long press on the app icon to glance at what’s happening on the Tube (available to devices running Android Oreo).
• Includes official TfL Night Tube and National Rail maps.
• Twitter feed with the latest London Underground news and line status updates.
• Line Status Widget available, keeping you up to date on the status of up to three Tube lines.
• Quick access to the Route Planner, Line Status and Favourites with App Shortcuts (available to devices running Android 7.1 and up).
Mapway is the world’s number one in public transport apps, check out Bus Times London, Paris Metro Map and New York Subway Map on Google Play today.
Like Tube Map on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TubeMap or follow us on Twitter @TubeMapLondon. We’d love to hear from you.
To get the most out of Tube Map London Underground, the app uses a number of permissions. Click here www.mapway.com/privacy-policy to see what and why.”