If you are looking for the Best Android App For Tracking Phone Usage to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Android App For Tracking Phone Usage that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Android App For Tracking Phone Usage, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Android App For Tracking Phone Usage
1. Social Fever: App Time Tracker
“Have you ever felt like you need to take a break from your smartphone? Are you a nomophobe, looking for a way to do a digital detox? Well, in a hyperconnected world, it is undoubtedly very challenging to find the time to disconnect from digital life and reconnect with real one.
That’s why Social Fever is on the mission to help millions of people to find their phone/life balance. It provides the Best Way To Balance Your Digital & Real Life.
Social Fever is an ultimate phone/app usage tracker that helps to control distractions and focus on what matters. This smart tool is meticulously designed with an effective tracking engine to keep a tab on your smartphone usage and advanced features that facilitate reducing it. Not only this, it is also useful to keep your health intact with its Water Reminder & Ear/Eye Health Tracking tools.
The phone usage tracker simply records time spent on social media and other applications & notifies you immediately when the set time limit exceeds. It pushes you to reconnect with your forgotten interests & hobbies and do something worthwhile with the time you save. It’s a perfect app to understand what is a ‘wise-usage’ with straightforward daily reports.
Social Fever will help you take back control of your smartphone, so you can consciously connect with real life. Here’s everything what this practical app usage tracker has to offer:
1. Track App Usage
Track your device and app usage by setting down daily limits. Save time and boost your productivity with this smart screen tracker for Android.
2. Set & Manage Quality Time
Take a break from your daily routine and rebuild family bonds, sleep better, take morning walks, do some self-care and invest time in activities you love.
3. Daily Water Reminder
Do you always forget to drink enough water regularly? Well, improve your health with personal drink notifications throughout the day to stay hydrated.
4. Manage Eye Health
Prevent eye strain caused due to excessive screen time with frequent reminders. You’ll know when it’s the time to avoid looking at the screen.
5. Manage Ear Health
Keep a check on your health by receiving frequent reminders to give a break to your eardrums by not listening to music for more than 30 minutes.
6. Tracking Summary
Get in-depth analysis of app & device usage by watching total number of phone unlocks, screen time, number of applications that are tracked, etc.
7. Daily Reports
Helps you better understand what is ‘wise usage’ with straightforward daily reports. Get detailed information of individual app usage with fruitful statistics on a daily basis.
8. Backstage Power Saving
Don’t let memory optimizing apps force quit the friendly Social Fever, mobile usage tracker. Enable the option to allow Social Fever to always run in the background.
9. Floating Real-Time Tracker
Keep a tab on individual app usage while it is in use, right at your fingertips. Enable “Show app tracking’ setting to enjoy floating time tracker on the screen.
10. Clear History
Gets the ability to clear current tracking history, old tracking history and entire app data in one go. Go to the Settings and apply changes as per your needs.”
2. Check Data Usage – Monitor Internet Data Usage
“Control your mobile and Wi-Fi data usage with the Check Data Usage app.
No one likes paying extra for mobile data usage but how to keep a tab on it? Or how to dodge exceeding data usage are certain questions for which we always look for an answer.
Check Data Usage is the answer to all problems. It is an app specially designed to manage your data usage and helps save on monthly phone data bills. Further, the app always keeps a check on data used by apps and notifies users about data over usage.
Further, Check Data Usage even asks to optimize phone battery consumption.
What Check Data Usage Offers
Data Tracker – Monitor your mobile and Wi-Fi data usage. Check Data Usage shows Mobile and Wi-Fi data consumption under different tabs. In addition to this, the app that consumes most data is always listed on top followed by others.
Speed Test – Want to know the download and upload speed of your data connection? Head to Speed tab and tap Run Speed Test. Wait for the test to complete. Once done you will be able to see both Download and Upload speed
Smart Data Plan Usage– Helps get more out of your data plan by informing you about the apps that consume most data.
Plan History – Get a summary of old data consumption and make the right decision before purchasing data plan to enjoy online surfing.
Data Usage Notification – Set Data Limit and get usage notification when you surpass the set limit. This will help save on monthly bills and use data wisely.
Wi-Fi Usage – Keep tabs on both mobile and Wi-Fi data usage. Check Data Usage separately identifies data consumption by apps on both Wi-Fi and mobile data. This helps know which app uses which data.
How to use Check Data Usage?
To use Check Data Usage and set Data Limit, follow the steps below:
● Tap the Plan tab
● Set Plan Validity, Data Limit, and Starting Date
● Confirm the data plan limit you set for 30 days
● Once confirmed tap Set Data Plan.
That’s it using these simple steps you can set a data limit and stay protected from data over-usage.
Benefits of Using Check Data Usage
● Real-time mobile and Wi-Fi data usage monitoring
● Set usage alerts
● Works with any plan, billing cycle and carrier
● Separate information about cellular and Wi-Fi data usage
● Easy to use
● Daily data limit set
That’s all using this simple data monitor tool you can keep a check on data usage and use data wisely. Give Check Data Usage a try and manage your data to see how much you can save.”
3. QualityTime : Phone Addiction
If you answered yes, Qualitytime can help you with your worries.
⭐ Trusted by Over 1,000,000 users to protect their time from phone addiction
⭐ Helps you reduce phone usage time (digital detox)
⭐ Helps you take more time with your family, friend, and your self
⭐ Change your inefficient time to efficient time
⭐ Easy to use, Variety features.
📊 Your Usage Timeline: Visually engaging and Easy-to-use real time report
– Monitor and get real time reports on how much time you spend on your phone and app.
– Scroll and Swipe to view timeline activities
🔍 Discover Your Digital Habits: check your phone usage
– Daily and Weekly Usage summary of your top apps with time spent on each app and number of times accessed
– Customize and exclude tracking by apps; pause tracking at anytime.
– Automatically receive a recap of the previous day’s usage summary every morning (can be disabled).
📉 Reduce your phone usage : it’s time for a digital detox
– Create device usage alert (usage time and screen unlocks) and app usage time alert.
– Get alert when you use exceed your phone usage limit.
– IFTTT (ifttt.com/qualitytime) lets you set personalized alerts with your favorite online services or Internet of Things (IoT).
☕ Take your own time: Let no one disturb your peace
– “Take a Break” to immediately unplug from your smartphone; one-click access via the “Take a Break” widget.
– “Scheduled Break” : Plan your “Take a Break” in advance with repeating schedules
– Captures all your missed notifications during “Breaks”, so you won’t miss anything important.
Please report any feedback, feature requests or suggestions to email@example.com.
QualityTime is a registered trademark of Mobidays Inc.”
4. Phone Check and Test
Monitor, Test, Report
Phone Check and Test allows you to monitor your devices key device usage and signal strengths. It provides an easy to use guided process to quickly check and test all of the main components of your phone or tablet and displays a phone information report which can be emailed. Among the many tests are a network, storage, GPS test, and a WiFi test.
Phone Check and Test is especially useful if you have just purchased a phone or tablet, planning to sell your phone, had it repaired, or it just seems to not be working as well as it should be. Identify problems so you can return your phone or have the problem fixed now (within the warranty period) and before you start relying on your phone for your daily activities. Check if there is a hardware problem or other type of problem that can be resolved, without buying a new phone. Useful for phone troubleshooting and diagnostics.
Comprehensive and designed specifically for Android phones based on years of test software and mobile network experience.
Get a phone health check now … before your phone lets you down.
The most comprehensive Android phone test
The tests are configurable and are run as a series of tests and checks in the order shown below:
– Device information check;
– Device information: Low memory suggestions;
– Device information: Low internal storage suggestions;
– Battery check and charging socket test;
– Telephony and Wi-Fi network checks;
– Network gateway ping test;
– Bluetooth check (test with in-app purchase);
– NFC check (integrated test with in-app purchase);
– Audio test: microphone and call speaker (earpiece speaker);
– Audio test: mono/stereo speaker;
– Audio test: headphone jack;
– Audio test: volume buttons;
– Audio test: vibrate test;
– Display: dead pixels check;
– Display: bright pixels check;
– Display: color consistency check;
– Touch screen test 2D Graphics: dead screen digitizer area;
– Touch screen test: 5 touch points;
– Network and GPS location tests;
– Physical appearance check;
– Camera test: front;
– Camera test: rear camera and rear flash;
– Fingerprint sensor check (test with in-app purchase);
– Supported sensors check (e.g. proximity, light, accelerometer, step counter…);
– Thermal stress test;
– CPU stress test;
– Memory stresstest;
– Storage stresstest;
– Battery usage check;
– Temperature reporting.
Device information reported includes*
– Device (model, brand, product, serial number);
– Body (weight and dimensions);
– Operating system (version, API level, build…);
– Display (type, size, resolution, PPI, multi-touch);
– Processor (SOC, CPU, architecture, GPU);
– RAM (total and available);
– Internal storage (Total and available);
– Primary shared storage;
– Camera (front, rear, video resolution);
– Battery (connection status, level (range during test run), health, technology, temperature (range during test run), voltage);
– Telephony network (SIM state, network type, data connection, IMEI/ESN);
– Wi-Fi network (SSID, link speed, …);
– Sensors supported;
– Temperature sensors and maximum for the test run;
* Where supported by the device.
A results report is produced and can be emailed on the completion of the test.
Note: Not all device information is available on all devices. Please let us know and we will investigate adding it.
5. Digital Wellbeing
Get a daily view of your digital habits:
• How frequently do you use different apps
• How many notifications do you receive
• How often do you check your phone or unlock your device
Disconnect when you want to:
• Daily app timers let you set limits for how much you use apps.
• Bedtime mode reminds you to switch off at night, setting a schedule to fade your screen to Grayscale while Do Not Disturb silences notifications for a good night’s sleep.
• Focus mode lets you pause distracting apps with a single tap so that you can better focus your time. You can also set a schedule to turn on Focus mode automatically and reduce distractions while you’re at work, school or home.
• Look for Digital Wellbeing in your phone’s settings menu Have a question? Take a look at the Help Centre: https://support.google.com/android/answer/9346420″
6. RescueTime Time Management and Digital Wellness
““Waste less time and get more done with RescueTime, an outstanding time-management tool that provides intelligent insights into how you spend your days. It’s one of the best productivity apps we’ve ever tested.” – PC Mag
RescueTime for Android is an automatic productivity and time tracker that helps you understand and control the time spent on your Android device. Get rich insights into how you spend your day, build better habits, and beat distractions.
* Invisible productivity and app-usage tracking for your full digital life
RescueTime automatically tracks application usage on your Android device and desktop computer (with the free RescueTime desktop app) to give you a full and accurate picture of how you spend your time. Activities are automatically categorized by productivity level, so you can see how your phone usage impacts your day, work patterns, and overall focus. (Privacy options let you control exactly what gets tracked.)
* Set screen time goals and control your phone usage
Whether you want to cut hours or minutes from your daily screen time, RescueTime for Android can help. Get an accurate view of how much time you’re spending on your Android device each day and then set custom screen time goals based on your personal targets. We’ll notify you in real-time if you go over.
* Keep all your daily goals front and center to help build better habits
Screen time isn’t the only factor in creating a healthy balance with your digital devices. Want to spend more time writing and designing? Lower your time spent on social media? All your RescueTime goals are front and center in the Android app, so you can get a quick view of how you’re doing and stay on track.
* Log offline activities from your Android device
Get a clearer picture of how you spend your time by logging offline time—meetings, phone calls, lunch breaks—directly from your phone.
* Automatically go into do-not-disturb mode during FocusTime sessions
RescueTime’s FocusTime feature allows you to block distracting websites when you need time to focus. With RescueTime for Android, FocusTime sessions automatically put your phone in do-not-disturb mode so you’re protected from all digital interruptions.
RescueTime Lite is free forever. However, for even more control over how you spend your time, you can upgrade to RescueTime Premium for $12/month or $78/year.
RescueTime Premium using desktop app and website includes:
FocusTime distraction management: Block distracting websites on desktop and put your phone in do-not-disturb mode when you need help staying focused.
Real-time Alerts: Get instant feedback when you spend too much time on distractions (or a congratulations when you hit your goals!)
Unlimited data history (RescueTime Lite only shows a 3-month history)
More reporting details and filters: Get deeper insights and individual document names
Track Offline Time: Log time in meetings, phone calls, and away from the computer for a full picture of your day
RescueTime offers full support of the paid and free subscription. Just log in to our website at www.rescuetime.com and click “help” in the top right corner, then “start a discussion” to create the ticket. You get direct engineer access!
Please, before you rate us, give us a chance to help you!
We require an email because that is our “user name”, and it is how we identify your login across multiple devices. Your email is NEVER shared with anyone.
If you have ANY issues or questions, please contact us via the help system, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and give us a chance to help you. We happily extend Pro trials if your setup has any issues.
The permissions we request of your phone are designed to make this tracking possible. More information is available on our website.”
7. StayFree – Stay Focused
StayFree – Screen Time Tracker & Limit App Usage is a self control, productivity and phone addiction controller app that allow you to show how much time you spend on your smartphone and helps you focus by restricting the usage of apps. You can set usage limits for your apps and receive alerts when exceeding those usage limit. You can also view the details of your usage and statistics on your usage history.
✦What makes StayFree special?
✔ Highest rated screen time & self control app
✔ Extremely fast and user-friendly interface
✔ Most accurate usage statistics
✔ Quick customer support
✔ Battery friendly
✔ Totally ad-free!
StayFree – Screen Time Tracker & Limit App Usage helps you:
📵 overcome phone addiction
🔋 stay focused
📱 reduce screen time
🛡 reduce distraction
💯 boost productivity
🤳 unplug more often
📈 increase your digital wellbeing
👪 spend quality time with family or yourself
💪 reduce wasted time with digital detox
★ App usage history: view charts and statistics of your usage history.
★ Over-use reminder: notify you when you are spending too much time in an app and start your digital detox.
★ Block mode: temporarily block any application that you are over-using.
★Focus mode: Create schedules for distracting apps to stay focused
★ Sleep mode: Schedule your sleep time to disable apps
★ Pause apps: Pause distracting apps to stop using rest of the day
★ Export mode: export your usage history to CSV or Microsoft Excel file.
★ Inspiring quotations: show inspiring quotations that encourage productivity and less usage of your phone.
★ Interface customization: there are 5 themes – customize the app how you want!
★ Lock mode: requires a password to change the settings.
★ Widget: show most used apps and total usage on a nice widget.
★ Pie chart graph: view daily and monthly application usage percentages.
✦THIS APP USES ACCESSIBILITY SERVICES
✦YOU ARE IMPORTANT
We’d really appreciate if you could rate us 5 stars here on Google Play. Rating is very important to us in establishing trust with our user base. If you have suggestions or want to see something improved, don’t hesitate to reach out!
We love hearing from our users and getting their feedback! If you run into any issues with the app or have suggestions on what we can do to improve it, please send us an email: email@example.com
This app is maintained by Sensor Tower.”