If you are looking for the Best Android App For Type 1 Diabetes to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 8 Best Android App For Type 1 Diabetes that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 8 Best Android App For Type 1 Diabetes, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
8 Best Android App For Type 1 Diabetes
1. BlueStar Diabetes
BlueStar® is an award-winning, FDA-cleared, in-app digital assistant, that provides tailored guidance in the moment. Achieve your diabetes health goals through BlueStar’s guidance, education, motivation, and accountability.
FOCUS ON YOUR FOOD AND FITNESS:
● Sync with fitness trackers, pharmacy, lab, and patient portal
● New integrations with more meters, blood pressure cuffs, and weight scales
● Healthy recipes, meal plans, lifestyle tips, and more
● Prompts about what to do next to stay on track
IMPROVE YOUR BLOOD GLUCOSE LEVEL:
● Real-time coaching as you enter blood glucose results
● Organize all your medications and set reminders, so you never miss a dose
● Pair your meter to wirelessly transfer blood glucose results
CONNECTS TO YOUR CARE TEAM:
● Share progress with your care team by sending a SMART Visit Report with the click of a button
GET REAL-TIME FEEDBACK AND CUSTOM REPORTS:
● Precise, AI-driven feedback messages
● Custom reports and insights highlight what’s working and what to change
● Personalized education in short, easy-to-read lessons
● Ask diabetes questions and get answers from Certified Diabetes Educators
Welldoc is committed to improving the health of individuals living with a chronic disease.
*Welldoc Diabetes Rx/OTC is an FDA-cleared medical device (“BlueStar”), intended for use by health care providers and their adult patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. For full labeling information, visit www.welldoc.com.
For more information about BlueStar, visit www.welldoc.com/product.
* Named Top Rated Clinical App for Diabetes in 2017, by IQVIA Institute for Human Data Science (formerly Quintiles/IMS)
© 2010-22 Welldoc, Inc. Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. The Welldoc and BlueStar name and logo are trademarks of Welldoc. Made in the USA. Manufactured by Welldoc.”
2. Bezzy T2D
But so often, living with type 2 diabetes (T2D) can make you feel physically and emotionally isolated. Not only can it be hard to do things you loved before your diagnosis, but it can also feel like no one understands what it’s like.
Our mission is to cultivate a space powered by the T2D community and empowered by each other. From one-to-one chats to conversation forums, we make connecting easy. This is a safe place to find and receive advice, to seek and offer support, and to discover the authentic stories of members, just like you.
Bezzy T2D is a free online platform bringing new meaning to the word “community.”
Our aim is to create an experience where:
– everyone feels seen, valued, and understood
– everyone’s story matters
– shared vulnerability is the name of the game
Bezzy T2D is a place where you are more than your T2D. It’s a place where, finally, you belong.
HOW IT WORKS
Like all of your favorite social networks, we’ve designed an activity feed to connect you with other members living with multiple sclerosis. We pride ourselves on making Bezzy T2D a safe and secure space where you can join live discussions, connect one-to-one, and read the latest articles and personal stories.
Need to vent? Get advice? Share what’s on your mind? Hop into a daily live chat to join the conversation. They’re often led by our amazing Community Guide, but you can also expect to chat with other advocates and experts, too.
From treatments to symptoms to daily living, T2D changes everything. Whatever you’re feeling on any given day, there’s a forum where you can connect and share directly with others.
Let us connect you with a new member from our community every day. We’ll recommend members to you based on your treatment plan, lifestyle interests, and needs. Browse member profiles and request to connect with anyone from our community with members listed as “Online Now.”
Discover Articles and Stories
We believe that shared experiences empower the kind of belonging that can help people not only survive—but thrive—with T2D. Our stories offer perspectives and tips from people who know what it’s like.
Get handpicked wellness and member stories delivered to you each week.
Connect Safely Anytime, Anywhere
We take thoughtful steps to build safety, security, and privacy into our platform and foster an environment where members feel safe sharing their personal experiences. Check and send messages, see who’s online, and get notified when a new message comes in—so you’ll never miss a thing.
Healthline Media is the top ranked health publisher and number 44 on Comscore’s Top 100 Property rankings. Across all of its properties, Healthline Media each month publishes up to 1,000 scientifically accurate yet reader-friendly articles authored by more than 120 writers and reviewed by more than 100 doctors, clinicians, nutritionists, and other experts. The company’s repository contains more than 70,000 articles, each updated with current protocol.
More than 200 million people worldwide and 86 million people in the U.S. visit Healthline’s sites each month, according to Google Analytics and Comscore, respectively.”
3. Medical ID
“Medical ID allows creating medical profiles that are accessible from your lock screen. In case of emergency, profiles enable quick access to vital information such as your allergies, blood type, medical contacts, etc. that are essential to attending first responders, medics, or medical staff having to take action. You can also share your location with emergency contacts even when the app is closed (for up to 24 hours or until you stop sharing).
The display and access of your medical information from your lock screen are made possible via an accessibility service to enable and that is part of the core features of the app. Once enabled, the accessibility service displays a widget over your lock screen. This widget helps people who have disabilities, or first responders in case of emergency, to take action and access medical data.
This is the free version of the app. Upgrading to the premium version gives you access to more features and help us to maintain the app and add features. Please note the upgrade is required only once in your lifetime!a
Please contact us by email if you have any questions, or file an issue at:
You can also help to translate or improve the translation of the app. Your help is welcome:
4. Cookmate – My recipe organizer
Cookmate lets you create your own digital cookbook. Build your own recipe database by gathering recipes on the web and using the import features.
It is you and your own cookery!
You are looking for a new recipe ? Use our searching engine to find a new recipe on the web. When you have found one you like, import it into Cookmate. Then you will be able to view it everywhere on your phone or your tablet. You can add your own photo, change ingredients or directions, or add you own comments
You already have a cookbook ? Add a new recipe into Cookmate manually, or import your digital cookbook using one of the file formats we support like Meal Master (.mmf), MasterCook (.mxp), LivingCookBook (.fdx) , ReKconv (.rk)…
You want to share some recipes with your friends ? Invite your friends to join Cookmate, share your recipes with them and view their recipes. Or share your recipes on Facebook or by email, sms, and others. You can also send them a “Cookmate” file they will be able to load into their app
Cookmate (formerly My CookBook) also includes these features :
• Create shopping lists using your recipe ingredients
• Synchronize your recipes on different devices using dropbox
• Scale the ingredients to serve more or less people
• Use the speech feature to read recipes
• Customize various parts of the app such as theme, font size, categories.
• Open recipes on your Android Wear watch
Cookmate (formerly My CookBook) is also available on your desktop: https://www.cookmate.online
Create a free account on our online version Cookmate Online and you will enjoy these additional features (in the app and the website):
• Save 60 recipes and 1 shopping list in the cloud
• Synchronize 60 recipes and 1 shopping list between all your android applications and your online account
• View and manage these recipes on any computer or any device
• Invite your friends to join Cookmate Online and view their recipes
• Plan your meals and generate a shopping list for the week
Create a Premium account on Cookmate Online and :
• All your recipes and shopping lists will be saved in the cloud
More details here : https://www.cookmate.online/pro/
The creation of an account on Cookmate Online is optional and the number of recipes is not limited in the Android application.
We support more than 200 websites. If your favorite cooking website is not supported, you can submit a request or vote for already submitted requests here : https://www.cookmate.online/siterequests/
Cookmate (formerly My CookBook), the only cooking app you need !
Ads in the app may be removed by purchasing an in-app add-on or by installing the paid version of Cookmate : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.cookbookpro
Help us to translate Cookmate to other languages : https://mycookbook.oneskyapp.com”
5. Glucose Buddy Diabetes Tracker
Ranked #1 Diabetes iPhone Application by Manny Hernandez, Founder of TuDiabetes.com
As seen on American Diabetes Association’s Forecast Magazine, NYTimes, Wired Magazine, DiabetesMine.com, MedGadget.com, Mendosa.com, Diabetes Health Magazine, JDRF Newsletters and MobiHealthNews.
– Easily log blood glucose, medication, meals, in one entry
– Track trends in your blood sugar, insulin, weight, blood pressure, A1C, and more!
– Add notes to your entries for future reference
– See changes in your blood sugar and carb intake on an hourly basis
– Log your meals using our extensive food database
– Supports glucose units mg/dL and mmol/L
Unlock additional features by subscribing to Premium! Features include:
– Automatic A1C calculator so you always know your long term management
– Custom tags to make logging easier for you
– Report date range flexibility
– No ad experience
– Complimentary premium access to top health and fitness apps such as Fitness Buddy for gym and home workouts, Calorie Mama for automatic calorie counting, and so much more!
Manage your diabetes using glucose buddy and take control of your diabetes today!”
6. mySugr – Diabetes Tracker Log
Ranked the Top Diabetes App by Healthline 3 times. Featured in Forbes, TechCrunch, and The Washington Post.
Adding the mySugr app to your daily routine with diabetes (Type 1, Type 2, or gestational diabetes) will make your life easier.
The mySugr app is your loyal and free diabetes logbook, which keeps your diabetes data under control. With one app you’ll have:
• Easy and personalized dashboard (diet, meds, carb intake, blood glucose levels and more).
• Bolus Calculator with precise insulin dose recommendations (limited to some countries using mySugr PRO).
• See clear blood sugar level graphs.
• Estimated HbA1c at a glance, no more surprises.
• Daily, weekly, and monthly reports, that you can share directly with your doctor.
• Secure data backup (built with regulatory compliance, quality, and safety).
Make diabetes suck less.
1. APP FEATURES
It auto-logs your data plus you can collect your daily therapy info such as meals, your diet and carb intakes. Also, any medications you take, blood glucose levels and insulin levels.
• Steps, activity, blood pressure, CGM data, weight, and more.
• Google Fit®
• Accu-Chek® Aviva Connect; Accu-Chek® Guide Me; Accu-Chek® Performa Connect; Accu-Chek® Guide (activate mySugr PRO for no charge! Please see our FAQs on the website for the latest information).
• RocheDiabetes Care Platform: You can connect the mySugr app to the RocheDiabetes Care Platform and share important diabetes data with your doctor, so you both have a better understanding of your diabetes. Once you are connected, you get mySugr PRO for free! (Check availability in your country)
3. PRO FEATURES
Take your diabetes therapy to the next level! mySugr PRO can be activated at no charge with some Accu-Chek® devices or with a monthly or yearly paid subscription.
• Smart search: build your own searchable database of places, meals, activity, tags, etc.
• Bolus Calculator (check available countries): calculate your insulin dose, corrections, and meal shots.
• PDF & Excel reports: save or print all your data for you or your doctor.
• Blood glucose reminders: you won’t forget to check and log.
• Meal photos: snap your meals to improve your carb counting.
• Basal rates: for pump users.
Get it now! A clear logbook to monitor, control and manage your diabetes: all your medical information right on your smartphone and ready to be used! Stay on top of your health, monitor your carbs, manage your medicine intake with the mySugr Bolus Calculator (mySugr PRO), get help avoiding hypers/hypos, and be in control of your diabetes therapy every day!
We are always working to make the mySugr app better, and we need your feedback! Have a problem, criticism, question, suggestion, or praise?
Get in touch at:
Upgrading to mySugr PRO will charge your Google Play account. Your subscription automatically renews unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. The cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed. Your subscription and auto-renewal options can be managed in your account settings in the Google Play settings after purchase.”
7. Low Carb Program
The Low Carb Program is a multi award-winning, evidence-based behaviour change platform for people with type 2 diabetes, prediabetes and obesity.
Benefits of a low carb diet include lower blood glucose levels, less dependence on medication and improved cholesterol levels.
Join the community and get the tools you need to succeed:
* Award-winning education on therapeutic nutrition and wellbeing, starting with a 16-module structured programme tailored to you.
* Support from Behaviour Change Mentors to keep you motivated and accountable
* 24/7 support from 390,000 people in the support community
* Personalised resources, including daily meal plans tailored to your health and dietary preferences
* Daily updated guides, recipes and motivational support
* Integrated food diary and barcode scanner
Let your Program Mentor walk you through a program of achievable, sustainable lifestyle changes that can improve your health. Over 1,800,000 kilograms of weight lost and counting!
Choose from a monthly or annual subscription plan to suit you. If you receive a referral code from your surgery, insurance company or employer, be sure to enter it when you register.
The platform’s global impact has featured in Forbes, BBC, ITV, Daily Mail, Sky News, The Times, The Sunday Times and The Telegraph.
LEARN LOW CARB: Learn the ins and outs of a low-carb lifestyle and how it helps manage weight, blood glucose, and reduce risks of complications. Enjoy multi-award winning education, starting with a 16-module program developed with the world’s leading experts including Dr David Unwin and Dr Kesar Sadhra.
APPLY LOW CARB: Action Points at the end of lessons so you know exactly how to progress.
LOW CARB SUPPORT: Ask your low carb questions to a community of people just like you; or ask your Behaviour Change Mentor.
MAKE LOW CARB A LIFESTYLE: Lifestyle keeps you up to date with the latest low carb news, interviews, recipes, meal plans, research and success stories. A constantly evolving, ever expanding, online magazine.
IN YOUR OWN TIME: Thousands of people have placed type 2 diabetes into remission with the Low Carb Program. However, it’s not enough on its own. Real change requires practice. It’s up to you to apply what you learn in the program. It’s all about small steps, in your own time.
AI OPTIMISED: Everything you see and experience is personalised to you; right down to your food likes, food dislikes, allergies, other conditions, culture and budget. We’re constantly learning from the footprints of over 390,000 members – we call it health intelligence.
You have the support of hundreds of thousands of people on their own health improvement journey. People like Mark who lost 50kg and Stella who lost 35kg and placed type 2 diabetes into remission. Find tips in the community, share stories and ask questions to Low Carb Program Champions.
Benefits of a low-carb diet include sustainable weight loss, less dependence on medication and improved blood glucose levels. What are you waiting for?
Low Carb Program: https://www.LowCarbProgram.com
8. Diabetes Forum
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences with people who range from diabetes experts to those who are newly diagnosed.❤[Note: if you are experiencing problems logging in, please try using your username rather than your email address, as this is often the cause of the problem.]
Diabetes can seem daunting, but you’re not alone. Find support and chat to people who have:
– Type 1 diabetes
– Type 2 diabetes
– Newly diagnosed
– Gestational diabetes
– Parents of children with diabetes
– Low carbers
– Non-low carbers
– Insulin pumpers
– and more!
With access to 1,874,700 posts by hundreds of thousands of people with diabetes, you’ll find the Diabetes Forum an invaluable app for when you’re on the go. Most questions get an answer in 4 minutes!
If you have any questions or comments regarding the functionality or operation of this app please visit https://www.diabetes.co.uk/app and we will be happy to answer any questions. This is our first ever app and we’re very excited about it so all feedback is appreciated.
Reach us at Diabetes.co.uk on the following:
– Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/diabetescouk
– Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/diabetescouk
– YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/diabetescouk
***** DID YOU KNOW *****
A study by University of Edinburgh found that the Diabetes Forum is the most active social medium for people with diabetes, compared to Twitter and Facebook!
An October 2017 study by Dr Bernardi and Dr Wu of Royal Holloway, University of London looked at the responses of 1,500 members of the Diabetes Forum. The objective of the study was two-fold: to analyse the impact of participating in the Diabetes Forum on members’ wellbeing, and to understand how community knowledge influenced interactions between members and their doctors and how this affected their subsequent treatment.
In a presentation of their preliminary findings, Dr Bernardi and Dr Wu reported four significant conclusions:
#1 The Diabetes Forum is empowering
#2 The Diabetes Forum has had a positive impact on participants’ wellbeing
#3 The Diabetes Forum can influence patient-doctor relationships
#4 The Diabetes Forum can be a catalyst of innovation
Dr Bernardi and Dr Wu discovered that engaged Diabetes Forum members were more confident in discussing their health with their doctor or nurse, and this made them feel more comfortable in managing their diabetes.
We ran a survey in November 2018, and it showed:
* A huge 73% of forum members said that they had improved their understanding of diabetes because of information on the diabetes forum
* 44% of forum members said they had improved their blood glucose control
* 35% of forum members said the forum had helped them to reduce their HbA1c
* 55% of forum members said they had improved their diet choices
* And almost half of the forum members who completed the survey said they had more confidence in managing their diabetes!
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences – come and meet the diabetes community.”