If you are looking for the Best Android App For Washington Dc Metro to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App For Washington Dc Metro that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App For Washington Dc Metro, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App For Washington Dc Metro
1. MetroHero: WMATA DC Metrorail
“MetroHero is the free DC Metrorail app you need AND the one you deserve, designed by commuters, for commuters. Unlike other popular apps like Transit and Citymapper, and even local apps like ‘DC Metro and Bus’ and ‘DC Metro Transit’, we crunch all of our own numbers, meaning that we provide lots of information that you can’t find anywhere else.
MetroHero lets you see the position of every Metrorail train in real time, giving you the clearest picture of the current state of the entire DC Metro system. See dynamic estimates of exactly how long it will take you to reach your destination given current delays, track work, and even single-tracking. Harness the power of live crowdsourcing to see and report problems at stations and on individual trains. And you can forget about empty station boards and endless streams of ‘DLY’— if there’s a train ANYWHERE on the tracks, we’ll tell you where it is.
Here are just some of the ways MetroHero will revolutionize your Metrorail commute:
* COMMUTE TRACKING: Input your morning and evening trips to and from work to see next train times, travel time estimates, elevator/escalator outages, active MetroAlerts and recent tweets—all in real time and as soon as you start the app—without having to tap anything.
* LIVE LINE MAPS: Pick a line and watch trains move through stations in either direction in real time.
* LIVE GOOGLE MAP: Watch trains travel through the entire rail system in real time.
* DETAILED STATION INFO: Tap any station to see extended arrival times for trains in both directions, plus any elevator/escalator outages, active MetroAlerts, and recent tweets.
* DETAILED TRAIN INFO: How delayed is that train? How long has it been holding at that station? How fast is it going? Tap on it to find out.
* CROWDSOURCED REPORTS: Help other MetroHero users avoid headaches (or give them a heads-up when things are going right) by tagging stations and trains.
* AUTOMATIC UPDATES: No need to swipe to refresh what you see; it’s always up-to-date.
* OPTIONAL NERD STUFF: View detailed stats about the entire rail system for each line and direction—including headways, schedule adherence, and other neat metrics—in real time or as trends over time, all from your phone.
And best of all, all of our curated data is available for free for data wonks and app developers alike! Visit www.dcmetrohero.com/api for more information.
(Still have questions? Check out our FAQ at www.dcmetrohero.com/faq)”
2. DC Metro and Bus
“Washington DC’s number one public transit app, with realtime and schedule information for Metro rail, WMATA/Metro bus, Arlington Transit (ART) and DC Circulator. Plan your trip in the Washington Metropolitan region, including DC, Northern Virginia and Maryland.
Key features include-
Realtime rail predictions for all DC Metro stations.
Realtime and schedule information for all bus stops in the region.
A comprehensive trip planner.
Location based station and stop finder.
An interactive custom system map for Metro.
Save frequently used stop and stations.
You must have network access to use these resources.”
“Download the SmarTrip® app to pay for Metro and other public transit in the Washington, DC area. Whether you’re a new rider or a regular commuter, having SmarTrip® on your Android phone is the safer, more convenient way to pay.
With SmarTrip® on Android you can:
– Add a new SmarTrip® card to Google Pay for a tap-and-go experience on Metro. (If you already have a SmarTrip® card, you can move it to Google Pay in seconds without adding a new card.)
– Pay for any rail or bus trip using your Android phone. Anywhere SmarTrip® is accepted!
– Check your balance, add money, or set up Auto Reload. You’ll never have to use a fare vending machine again!
– Manage your account, check SmartBenefits, or register a card.
– Buy money-saving unlimited transit passes anywhere, any time.
– Pay for parking at any Metro-operated facility.
Grab your phone, then wake, tap and go!
With SmarTrip® in Google Pay, your Android phone is your new way to pay, anywhere SmarTrip® is accepted in and around DC!”
4. Washington DC Metro Route Map
From the Lincoln Memorial to the Smithsonian, cheering on the Washington Redskins or rooting for the Maryland Terrapins, whether you’re a Washington DC native on your commute to work or sightseeing fresh from Washington Dulles International Airport we’ll show you the best way to get where you’re going in Washington DC. We make taking the Metro easy. You’ll be a SmarTrip tapping pro in no time
🗺 Tap, tap, tap!
Pan and zoom your way across Washington DC with ease using our simple, interactive maps. We’ll even show your route on the map
🚝 Plan journeys, sharpish
Search for stations and find your way using the world’s fastest route planner
🌍 No internet? No problem
Maps and journey planning even work offline
🔄 Regular map updates
Auto-magic updates keep our maps always up-to-date and box fresh
📍 Every step of the way
Step-by-step guide means you’ll never get lost again
🌟 Save your faves
From finding your way back home, to taking the stress out of commuting, and all the places in-between. Your personal Shortcuts are never more than a swipe away
⏱ See the next trains
Departure Boards take the guess work out of travelling. No more wasted time stuck on crowded platforms
Washington DC Metro VIP features:
📣 An ad-free experience
Proper VIP treatment, with no ads, ever
🏃♂️ Priority support
Problem with the app? We’ll be there to help you out
We’re the world’s number one for transit apps, check out our world-famous Tube Map London, New York Subway Map and Paris Metro Map apps today 🌍
Visiting Boston, Toronto or New York soon? We’ve got you covered there too. Take our apps with you, just search Mapway on Google Play”
5. DC Metro Transit – Free
Get real-time predictions for DC Metrorail, Metro Bus, Arlington Transit (ART), DC Circulator, DC Streetcar, PG County – The Bus, Fairfax CUE, Fairfax Connector, and UMD Shuttle. Keep track of your favorite stations and sort them however you like!
Find your way to the nearest Metrorail stations and WMATA bus stops by using your devices GPS with the “Nearest Stations” feature. Once you have your results, one click will get you turn by turn directions with Google Maps.
Use our interactive map of the Metrorail system to find your way around. Having trouble finding a station entrance?
Click a station on the map and choose “Street View” and have a look around.
The train trip planner will help you to plan your station-to-station trip, help you with transfers, and provide time, distance, and fare estimates for your trip.
Keep up to date with the latest News, Advisories, and system outages that may impact your commute.
**If you run into issues, please email the support email address. The support email is monitored daily and is the fastest way to get a resolution!**”
6. DC Transit : WMATA Metro & Bus Tracker App
► Trip Planner available (Plan your trip around Washington DC. WMATA, DC Circulator, Arlington Transit (ART), DC Streetcar, PG County, Fairfax CUE and UMD Shuttle Transit supported)
► Set an alarm for your bus and get notified before departure
► Shows current weather forecast
► Find out when your next DC Metro, bus or streetcar arrives
► Real time WMATA buses and streetcars arrival times
► Get Metro Service Alerts in app
► Save frequent stops to your favorite
► Find multiple nearby stops using your location
► Find stops using routes
► Get real-time buses and streetcars locations on Map
► Stops list on map with route path
► Offline usability
► DC metro maps included to increase efficiency of your commute
► Pull To Refresh functionality
► Share buses & streetcars arrival times with your friends
► Not sure which WMATA stop your are standing at? See Street View of WMATA stop ► Full scheduled arrival times available
► Get Metro Service alerts on real-time arrival screen. No need to look for what’s affecting your transit service manually
► Plan your trip ahead using Trip Planner
► You will be able to plan your trip across Washington DC Area
– WMATA (DC Metro and Bus)
– Arlington Transit (ART)
– DC Circulator and DC Streetcar
– Alexandria Transit Company (DASH)
– Fairfax Connector Shuttle Transit
Plan your trip around Washington DC using metro, bus , streetcar or train.
Trip scheduler will help you to plan your station-to-station trip, help you with transfers, and provide time, distance and fare estimates for your trip.
Keep up to date with the latest wmata news, advisories and system alerts that may impact your commute.
Note: This app is in no way affiliated or endorsed by the WMATA. App uses nextbus & gtfs data.
*includes real-time info(eg bus time & subway time in WMATA, bus tracker & metro, train tracker in Washington DC, NextBus in Washington, wmata tracker, dc metro tracker, metro bus schedule, Washington metro, art metrobus)”