If you are looking for the Best Android App Permission Manager to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App Permission Manager that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App Permission Manager, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App Permission Manager
2. Permission Manager X
Using eXtended Permission Manager, for each installed app, on single screen, you can:
– View, grant or revoke manifest permissions
– View AppOps permissions and choose one of multiple modes
– Set your desired reference value for every changeable permission
Manifest permissions are those normally called permissions e.g. Storage, Camera etc. AppOps (app operations) is a robust framework Android uses at back end for access control. They provide a fine-grained control over many of the manifest permissions. Plus it provides additional controls like background execution, vibration, clipboard access etc.
With every Android release manifest permissions are becoming more dependent on AppOps. So it’s fun to control both simultaneously and see how they relate to each other.
When you reinstall an app, or change your device, or upgrade your ROM, it’s a time-taking process to review all installed apps for granted permissions and revoke the unnecessary ones (after all privacy matters). PMX provides you the solution. Set reference states of permissions, which can be quickly backed up and restored, and colored bars at left make it quite easy to review packages and permissions at a glance.
We are here to explain.
Guide / FAQs: https://mirfatif.github.io/PermissionManagerX/help/help
It answers the basic questions including:
– What is PMX?
– Why do I need to use PMX?
– What are manifest permissions and AppOps?
– What are Permission References?
Are you concerned about Performance, Privacy and Control?
You can control, which apps:
– Run in background
– Keep your device awake
– Know about your location
– Can send SMS and make calls
– Read your contacts and logs
– Are aware of your accounts
– Are making sounds and vibrations
– Use camera and mic
– Access your files
– Can read and write to clipboard
– Can install other apps
And many more, depending on your device and Android version.
– Sort apps and permissions by different parameters
– Scheduled Checks to notify bad reference states
– Auto Revoke granted permissions with RED states
– Permission Watcher to remove unwanted permissions quickly
– Make changes to critical apps and permissions
– Multi-users / work profile support
– Auto create backup file on changes
– Search suggestions
– Theming options
– Permission summary view (upcoming)
– Batch operations (profiles) (upcoming)
Permission Watcher removes permissions as soon as you stop using an app. For details please see the help / guide linked above.
Required Privileges / Permissions:
– In order to let Permission Manager X serve you fully, either the device must be ROOTED or you need to enable ADB over network. Otherwise, very limited information is available.
– android.permission.INTERNET is required to use ADB over network. The only connections made outside the device are to check for app updates and to fetch help contents. We respect your privacy, so no data is collected.
– You need to uninstall the app installed from other sources before installing this one.
– The app is tested on stock Android 7-12. Some highly customized ROMs may behave unexpectedly.
And yes, the basic functionality of Permission Manager X is completely free and open-source. No ads, no trackers, no analytics. You are encouraged and requested to support the development.
Source code: https://github.com/mirfatif/PermissionManagerX
Want to get instant updates, test beta builds, and get direct support from the developer?
Join our Telegram support group: https://t.me/PermissionManagerX”
3. Permission Manager
* List dangerous permissions which app requested.
* Grant or deny app permissions for each application.
* Display granted permission when opening application.
* Quick access special permission..
If you have any problem while using the application, please give us some comments
we will check and update as soon as possible.
Email : email@example.com
Thank you very much!”
4. App Permission Manager
This App uses “Accessibly Service ” to perform revoke app permissions.
Get Notification of risk associated with newly installed app.
– You can check and allow/revoke following permissions
1. Installed apps permissions
2. Special permissions for apps
3. System apps permissions
4. Group permissions
For Android Version 6.0 and above
– Lists installed apps by their severity (High Risk, Medium Risk, Low Risk)
– Click on any app and you will get details of all permissions used by it.
– If you want to remove any risky permission, turn off button and click on APPLY CHANGES button.
– Some apps using background services. You can stop it by click on FORCE STOP button.
– If you want to KEEP app with known risk, click on KEEP button.
Please share you feedback for app improvement.”
5. Revo App Permission Manager
• Lists installed apps according to their risk priority (High Risk, Medium Risk, Low Risk, No Risk)
• Search bar for easily finding of an app
• Detailed description of permission privileges the app enjoys.
• Easily remove any risky permissions
• Sort apps by high and low risk level
• Permission viewer: Filter easily apps by permission group categories /Calendar, Camera, Contacts, Location, Microphone, SMS, Storage, Phone, Sensors.
• App share
Now the Professional version of Revo App Permission Manager provides more control of everything. Take a look and see the risky permissions you are giving to some applications without knowing.
– Allows applications to discover and pair Bluetooth devices
– Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state
– Allows applications to open network sockets
– Allows an application to modify global audio settings
– Allows applications to perform I/O operations over NFC
– Allows a companion app to run in the background
– Allows using the device’s IR transmitter, if available
– Allows an app to use device supported biometric modalities
– Allows access to the vibrator
– Inn-app purchase and subscription
– Allows an application to send SMS messages
– Allows an application to record audio
– Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call
– Access to precise location
We know that your privacy and security is one of the most important things in terms of control and knowledge. Revo App Permission Manager gives you the power to be always informed and to have the ability to control without you even knowing with your most sensitive information, like location, contacts, camera and even microphone.
The main aim of the app permission is to protect the privacy of an Android user. Android apps must request permission to access sensitive user data such as Contacts and SMS, as well as certain system features such as Camera and Internet. Depending on the feature, the system might grant the permission automatically or might prompt the user to approve the request.
Q: Why do I need a Revo permission manager?
A: It is always a good idea to be aware what permissions the apps on your Android device are using in the background, especially if you don’t know for their purpose.
Q: What kind of permissions may be turned on without my knowledge?
A: You may be surprised, but even sensitive permissions, like access to your camera, microphone, and location, can often be enabled by a another app without your consent.
Q: What are the real benefits of using a Revo permission manager?
A: On first place, the main aim of the application is to guarantee your privacy. Let’s say you don’t want to share your location for a certain time, but you are not sure if there is an application which may be using it in background without your knowledge. Here comes the real need of a systemized information about what kind of permission is on this exact time and by which application.
Q: How I can get information about specific permissions?
A: Once you installed Revo App Permission Manager and start the application, you will see all risky categories in terms of potential high, medium or low risk. You can easily find the desired application in the search field or you can take a look on all apps through the risk categories. By selecting the app you are interested in you can see all the information about the current permissions the app is using and easily stop them.”
6. App Ops – Permission manager
About stand-alone pro version (before 2018):
Stand-alone pro version (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=rikka.appops.pro) is deprecated after Nov 2018. If you have purchased please send your order id (start with “GPA.”, found in the email from Google Play or pay.google.com) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the redeem code free version.”