If you are looking for the Best Android App Task Killer to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android App Task Killer that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android App Task Killer, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android App Task Killer
1. Advanced Task Manager
• Kill selected tasks
• RAM Cleaner
• CPU lagging monitor, remind if CPU lagged by some apps
• App or game killer
• Android optimizer
• Ignore apps when kill tasks
• Auto kill tasks on every screen off
• Regular kill
• Startup Kill
• One click task kill widget
• Quick uninstaller
• Show battery life
• Support most android versions
• Kill GPS: Kill apps to stop GPS
• Memory Booster
The Advanced Task Manager can list all the running tasks on your phone and it can help you stop any of the tasks easily and quickly. It is also a task management tool which can manage all the installed apps on your phone.
The task management mechanism of android system has been changed after the release of the version 2.2 of the android system. Task killers cannot kill the services and notifications on your phone.
By use of the Advanced Task Manager, you can thoroughly stop tasks in the following steps:
1) long press the task that you want to stop
2) chose the “force stop” option
3) press the the “force stop” button on the application info system panel
If you want to manage running services, click menu->service, then it will open the system service panel where you can stop running services.
Please note that installing other task manager or task killer tools may make your phone unstable or cause potential conflict.
Q: Why do apps restart again after killing?
A: Some apps are restarted by system events. Apps cannot be prevented from restarting because of system limitation. We suggest you to enable auto kill in settings, and it will kill tasks on every screen off. It will help to save battery life and release memory for the phone.
Q: How can I add apps to the ignore list?
A: You can long press the task that you want to ignore, and then you will get a pop up context menu, click “Ignore”. The ignored apps will not be shown in the task list, and will never be killed. You can manage the ignored apps in settings.
Q: How can I manage startup apps?
There is “Startup Kill” in settings. It can help you to kill tasks when system starts up.
The Android robot is modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.”
“Aggressive Doze” and “Doze on the Go” to maximize the battery saving on Android 6+, even without root! (details explained in settings)
Never should your phone or tablet become slower and battery hungrier after lots of apps installed. With Greenify, your device can run almost as smoothly and lastingly as it did the first day you had it!
Greenify help you identify and put the misbehaving apps into hibernation when you are not actively using them, to stop them from lagging your device or leeching the battery, in a unique way! They can do nothing without explicit launch by you or other apps, while still preserving full functionality when running in foreground.
Please report bugs in the XDA forum (http://goo.gl/ZuLDnE) or G+ community (http://goo.gl/MoszF).
Greenify NEVER EVER collects your personal data despite the capability of accessibility service, it just takes advantage of it to automate the hibernation procedure.
IMPORTANT: Greenifying an app implies that you are aware that all the background functionality (service, periodic task, event receiver, alarm, widget update, push message) of this app will become out of service during the hibernation except when you are using this app.
NEVER greenify alarm clock apps, instant messaging apps unless you don’t rely on them. Please do verify the impact of greenified apps on which you heavily rely.
Note: Greenify does need background running services for auto-hibernation to work. It is designed and implemented in extremely lightweight and nearly zero CPU and battery consumption.
=== PERMISSIONS ===
DEVICE ADMIN: This app uses administrator privilege to turn off the screen immediately after automated hibernation on non-root devices. This permission will be requested explicitly for your consent only if required.
DRAW OVER OTHER APP: To dim the screen during automatic hibernation when the screen is expected to be off.
DISABLE SCREEN LOCK & BIND ACCESSIBILITY SERVICE: For automatic hibernation to work on non-root devices.
GET ACCOUNTS & WRITE SYNC SETTINGS: Control the account sync of apps if its sync task is too frequent.
This app uses Accessibility services, to automate the hibernation procedure.
=== FAQ ===
* It seems that automatic hibernation is not working.
* Some of my greenified apps (e.g. Google Maps) seems not hibernating.
* I want to greenify system apps!
* De-greenified apps still got no push notification!
Read here: http://goo.gl/99lNYp
=== Translation ===
All translations are created by community volunteers and open for contribution: http://goo.gl/zCCDce
=== Donation ===
If you love Greenify, please consider the “donation package” (http://goo.gl/fpz5l) for extra experimental features:
* Greenify system apps
* In-depth details about how apps behave on your device
* And more”
3. SystemPanelLite Task Manager
– Get SystemPanel 2 at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sp
– This version will continue to be available.
SystemPanel Lite integrates a task manager, system monitor, and detailed device information.
Full version ($2.99) adds app manager (installer/uninstaller with multi-version APK archival), and long-term application resource monitor to solve app-related battery life problems.
See website for more info screenshots.
— Frequently Asked Questions —
Why does CPU #2 appear “grayed out” on my dual-core device?
– A grayed out second CPU indicator indicates the second core is asleep to save battery. This is generally a good thing, it will turn back on when needed.
Why does it require the ______ permission?
– SystemPanel does require a fair number of permissions in order to be able to perform all of its duties. This product DOES NOT send ANY information from your device over the Internet to ANYONE. It requires the “Internet access” and “telephony/read phone state” permissions only to monitor and display the device’s network connectivity state. A full description of why each permission is required can be found in the SystemPanel FAQ on our web site.
Does SystemPanel Lite consume battery?
– SystemPanel Lite does not run in the background in any capacity. The full version includes an optional “monitoring service” which uses about one minute of CPU time per day to record the CPU usage of other applications (though it is disabled by default). This feature is not found in the Lite version though.
Does SystemPanel automatically kill tasks in the background?
– No, SystemPanel is not an automatic task killer. It has been well-established (by the Android documentation and direct communication with the Android engineers) that randomly or periodically terminating arbitrary tasks in the interest of saving memory will NOT yield a benefit in performance or battery life. The only benefit you will see from an automatic task killer is if it happens to terminate misbehaving apps. The full version of SystemPanel provides a better solution to this problem by showing you which apps are consuming CPU in the background (over time) with the “System Monitor” feature. It is then recommended that such applications be reconfigured or uninstalled (or perhaps corrected by filing a bug with the offending application’s author).
A much more extensive FAQ is available on our web site.
Please visit our web site at http://android.nextapp.com for more information, including a complete screenshot tour of the product.”
4. KillApps : Close all apps
This app improves your phone’s performance
☆ By speeding up your phone
☆ By freeing the memory
☆ By saving the battery
☆ By cooling your phone
Your phone keeps many apps running in the background, which is consuming your system resources, and as a result draining your battery and reducing the available memory.
✓ Close all running apps
✓ Close background tasks and services
✓ Supports user apps and system apps.
Close all apps running
This app can close all running apps and background processes.
This app is a very powerful Task Killer that kill tasks and processes.
This app lets you speed up your phone when it runs slowly because of the many background running apps.
This app optimizes your phone memory by freeing up RAM, and making space for new apps.
Closing apps helps save battery power and extend battery life.
Closing apps helps Cool down your phone temperature and reduces CPU usage.
Closing apps helps remove lag in all apps.
Closing apps helps speed up games and boost gaming performance.
The pro version of kill-Apps will let you kill all apps, both user apps and system apps.
Your privacy is safe
✓ This app does not collect any data.
This app uses Accessibility services
This app is a great automated solution for users with physical disabilities and muscle fatigue, who struggle while interacting with the screen, especially when doing repetitive complicated tasks such as force closing many apps one by one.
This app automates one of the most repeating task with the user-interface , the task of “force closing running apps” ! and It does so, by closing all the apps, one by one in an automated way, and hence helps users with physical disabilities and muscle fatigue to avoid to manually close each app in the system settings.
✓ This app requires the accessibility service permission in order to be able to close other apps.
⇒ This app will be able to retrieve the active window content in order to find the button which forces closing an app in the system settings, then emulate a click action.
⇒ This app will be able to observe the actions related to the interface in order to guide the process of automating the task of closing apps , by monitoring the transition between windows during the emulation of interaction with the interface.
✓ This app requires the permission to draw above the other apps in order to be able to show the wait screen while closing apps.[ Contact ]Email : firstname.lastname@example.org”
5. Task Killer
Task Killer can help you to kill (close or stop) the running apps of your phone, free up the memory and increase the speed of your phone!
* Kill selected apps: You can select the running apps and kill them with just one click.
* Auto Kill: Kill the apps automatically to prevent the apps to restart after being killed. Keep your phone in good condition all the time.
* Ignore List: Add or remove app from ignore list so that you can filter important apps.
* Memory status: Show the usage of your total memory, and show the usage of every running apps so that you know which app consumes the most memory.”