If you are looking for the Best Android App To Learn Rhythm to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android App To Learn Rhythm that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android App To Learn Rhythm, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android App To Learn Rhythm
1. Rhythm Trainer
Practice 15 minutes a day in an individual session. The app will adjust the tempo and rhythms for you.
Test your rhythmic skills. Get hang of the metronome beat. Learn to repeat different rhythms. Improve your sight reading skill.
It won’t take long to see that the app is much more efficient and exciting compared to conventional exercises along with a metronome.
Whether you practice alone or with a teacher, Rhythm Trainer will help you to:
• Develop a sense of rhythm.
• Sight-read rhythm notation.
• Hear mistakes in a rhythm by ear.
In the paid version there is no limit of 10 minutes per day, you can use the app as much as you need.
Rhythm is the heart of music. Learn the skill once, play rhythmically forever.”
2. Perfect Ear: Music & Rhythm
It’s like a music school, but totally fun and free!
Perfect Ear provides you with high quality, unique ear training, rhythm training, solfège lessons, music theory and note reading lessons. It doesn’t matter if you are a beginner or a professional, ear training is essential, and you will always find something that will make you a better musician. Across the globe music teachers recommend Perfect Ear to their students every day.
• Ear training exercises: practice intervals, scales, chords
• Rhythm training exercises: learn to read and recognize rhythm durations
• Super customizable: you can create your own ear training or rhythm training exercises as well as your own custom chords and scales
• You can even create custom rhythm patterns for your exercises
• Beginner friendly music theory articles
• Melodic dictation exercises
• Sight reading trainer: learn to effortlessly read sheet music
• Absolute pitch trainer
• Note singing trainer
• A fully-fledged scale dictionary
Perfect Ear is the best free ear training app out there! These are not empty claims. Just looks at our awesome Play Store reviews.
Ear training exercises can be performed with a piano or guitar. You can always plug-in your MIDI keyboard to practice with our Sight Reading trainer.
So what are you waiting for? Download Perfect Ear right now and you will be amazed by what it has to offer!”
3. Complete Rhythm Trainer
“The ultimate rhythm training app for musicians. Learn to read, recognize, tap and write rhythms from simplest to most advanced. Rhythm is one of the most important aspects of music and one that every musician should become proficient with. Designed like a video game and with strong pedagogical concepts in mind, this app will make you master rhythm while rendering the learning process enjoyable.
• 252 progressive drills arranged over 4 levels / 30 chapters
• Extensive content: from simple time signatures to compound and asymmetric time signatures, from half notes and quarter notes to thirty-second notes, triplets, swing eighths, double dotted notes, quintuplets, …
• 5 drill types: rhythm imitation drills, rhythm reading drills, rhythm dictations, two-voice reading drills and two-voice dictations
• Play a selection of 11 drills in arcade mode
• Play and practice polyrhythms in a dedicated polyrhythm section
• Most of the drills are randomly generated, enabling you to practice the studied rhythms as many times as needed
• 23 instrument sound banks with actual recorded sounds: piano, guitar, pizzicato violin, conga, bongo, djembe, darabuka, woodblock, …
• Designed like a video game: earn 3 stars in each drill of a chapter to complete it. Or will you be able to obtain perfect 5-star scores?
• Don’t want to follow the preestablished path of progression? Create and save your own custom drills and rehearse them at your own convenience
• Create full custom training programs and invite friends or students to join them. If for example you’re a teacher you can create custom programs for your students, add drills every week and view their scores on private leaderboards
• Never lose any progress: cloud sync across your various devices
• Google Play Games: 25 achievements to unlock
• Google Play Games: leaderboards to compare arcade mode scores with other players worldwide
• Nice and clean material design user interface with 2 display themes: light and dark
• 4 sheet music display styles: modern, classic, handwritten and jazz
• Designed by a musician and music teacher with a Royal Conservatory master’s degree
• Download the app and try out the first two chapters for free
• One-time in-app purchase of $4.99 to unlock the full version on all your Android devices
Having a problem? Got a suggestion? You can reach us at email@example.com”
4. Rhythm Teacher: Music beats
Learn to play any instrument and how to read music is a difficult task that requires lots of practice. But the practice don’t have to be boring. Rhythm teacher it’s the perfect tool for your music education. This rhythm game teaches you how to read music in a fun and easy way. It’s perfect for your rhythm training! With a bit of practice on every level you’ll learn that sight reading is easier than you thought. It’s like having a music school on your device.
In this application you’ll learn from how many beats are contained in each bar and which note value is given to one beat, to advanced concepts in reading music. Improve your music sight reading with the exercises ranging from easy 4/4 simple rhythms to complex compasses of two rhythmic lines at the same time. This app includes the definition for every music concept introduced in increasing difficulty, from beginner to pro.
Also, you can log into your Google play account to measure your progress with other players.
• Simple and understandable explanation for every new music rhythm concept introduced.
• Fun rhythm game experience for practicing the exercises that will teach you how to read music.
• Polyrhythm exercises with two lines at the same time.
• Gradual progression on the difficulty of the music theory concepts introduced.
• Leader-board with the scores acquired to watch your progress.
• Can be used by any number of different users.
• Google play support to post your scores online.
• A new way to practice for your instrument: Piano, violin, guitar… Even if you are a drummer/percussionist.
★ Note and rest duration: whole (semibreve), half (minim), quarter (crotchet ), eighth (quaver), sixteenth (semiquaver).
★ Dotted notes.
★ Tied notes.
★ Off-beat notes.
★ Simple time signatures: 2/4, 3/4, 4/4…
★ Compound time signatures: 6/8, 9/8…
* Inglés: Rhythm Teacher
* Español: Ritmo y solfeo.”
5. Rhythmic Village – Learn Music
“Have you ever tried to play the drums but found out that reading sheet music wasn’t your thing? Now that’s over!
Great for teachers: use a projector or interactive whiteboard and engage your classroom like never before!
If you are a school or a teacher looking to buy in bulk (volume purchase), please search the store for “Rhythmic Village for Schools” instead. The version you are looking at right now unlocks via an in-app purchase and so does not support volume purchase.
(!) Trial is free but limited. You can purchase the complete version inside the game.
(!) Your smartphone or tablet should have at least 1GB of RAM memory.
(!) Use headphones if you are using the microphone option. This helps the game listen only to your percussion instrument.
In Rhythmic Village you’ll discover the crazy and happy music notes named “Rhythmiacs”. They literally got the beat in their blood!
In this adventure you’ll learn the basics of sheet music reading, play percussion instruments and improve your sense of rhythm. Use your device and start right away!
• Game-based learning to introduce you to percussion instruments.
• Play with a real instrument (drumsticks, woodblock, hand drum, bongos, etc) by activating the microphone option.
• Rhythmic challenges made with background in music education.
• Innovative learning system to learn rhythmic sheet reading.
• A scoring system that adds repetition value to the game (maximize your score!).
• Ready for classroom use.
• Part of the World of Music series.
“Educator’s Choice” – Microsoft Partners in Learning
“Golden Bee” – Beste Kinder Apps
“5 Stars” – TopBestAppsForKids.com
“Kids Product of the Year” – Creative Child Magazine
“Creative Play of the Year” – Creative Child Magazine”
6. Rhythm Engineer Lite
How to use:
1. Select rhythm pattern for each beat
2. Press play to hear the rhythm
3. Adjust tempo with tempo slider
– up to 16 beats (4 bars in 4/4)
– change tempo
– change number of beats per row for different meters
– change the click sound (click or note)
– see visual representation of rhythm – in the red flashing box
– randomize beat patterns
Check also full version of Rhythm Engineer with extra features:
– up to 64 beats
– use legato between beats
– use articulation (accented/muted) notes
– swing/shuffle rhythm
– save rhythm as midi and text file
– open rhythm
– more sounds
On first app start autocalibration of timing correction is performed. Leave the app to play 10 notes in order to calibrate. You can run calibration also from Menu – Calibrate.