If you are looking for the Best Android App To Play Magic The Gathering to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Android App To Play Magic The Gathering that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Android App To Play Magic The Gathering, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Android App To Play Magic The Gathering
1. Magic: The Gathering Companion
“Introducing the official Magic: The Gathering Companion App, the quickest way to participate in events at your store – Show up. Magic Companion does the rest.
– Built in Life Counter
– The Official Magic App for Store Events
– Get Event Pairs & Standings
– Create & Run Personal Events at Home
JOIN EVENTS AT YOUR STORE
Quickly and easily join limited and constructed events at participating local stores. With Magic Companion you can easily find your next match and be notified when a new round begins.
How to participate in an event with Magic Companion:
1. Attend an event at participating local stores. Find one at locator.wizards.com
2. Open Magic Companion and select JOIN EVENT
3. Enter the Event Code provided by your local store.
4. Find your first matchup and get playing!
TRACK YOUR PLAY
Tracking event play is now easier for stores and easier for you. Check event standings, get notifications on new rounds, report your match results automatically, and use a built-in life counter to chart you play.
CARD DATABASE WITH 17,000+ CARDS
Browse cards from Magic’s entire history and search for the perfect addition to your deck. Keep up with the latest card previews and updated rulings on existing cards.
RUN YOUR OWN EVENTS FROM ANYWHERE
Stage tournaments for up to 8 friends in the Home Tournament Organizer. Add in their names, then let the app track pairing and standings.
Magic Companion is in active development and will continue to release new features. We value your feedback!
Note: A Wizards Account is required for in-store events, running events of more than 8 players at home, and unlocking advanced event setting at home.”
2. MTG Familiar
The application includes a two-player life counter which tracks life, poison, and a history of changes.
The included die roller includes choices for D2, D4, D6, D8, D10, D12, D20, and D100.
The mana pool and spell counter can keep track of your mana effortlessly, and is especially useful for all you Storm combo players out there.
The offline card search allows you to search for any card in the game without an internet connection. You can search by:
-Type / Subtype
-Power / Toughness
-Converted Mana Cost
-Set / Format
You can even check a card’s legality for Block, Standard, Extended, Modern, Legacy, and Vintage.
If you do have an internet connection, the app can deliver real time prices, courtesy of TCGPlayer.com, download full card images, and link you to the card’s official Gatherer page.
You can compare trades with current prices in the Trade Cards screen and keep a wishlist of cards you want to trade for.
Also included is a round timer, which will run in the background no matter what you do with your Android device.
The app has searchable, linked comprehensive rules built in, so you can settle rules disputes with ease. They are also self-updating!
This app is a free, open source project released under the GPL and Creative Commons licenses. You can get the source code, or join the team here: https://code.google.com/p/mtg-familiar/
This app is ad-free, and always will be! A must-have for any Magic the Gathering player!”
3. Magic: The Gathering Arena
YOUR GATEWAY TO MAGIC
You know the name. Now download and play the original strategy card game on your phone. Unlock powerful decks right away, earn rewards just by playing, and jump into action with a variety of game formats for players of all skill levels. There’s never been a better time to get into Magic.
NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED
New to Magic? No problem. Play the tutorial and practice against AI to learn the basics. Queue into casual matches to sharpen your skills at your own pace.
CONTEND RIGHT AWAY
Unlock 15 unique decks and discover your own playstyle. Collect daily rewards to grow your collection and build powerful decks of your own.
PLAY WITH PERSONALITY
Tell a story with your deck through Magic’s immersive lore and vibrant card art. Show off eye-popping cosmetics like avatars, card sleeves, and pets.
MORE WAYS TO HAVE FUN
Try out multiple game modes like Draft and Brawl. Special in-game events offer exciting prizes, and you could even be the next Magic pro with Esports qualifiers!
All prices inclusive of VAT.
Wizards of the Coast, their respective logos, the mana symbols, the planeswalker symbol, and all character names and their distinctive likenesses are property of Wizards of the Coast LLC. ©2021 Wizards.
4. TopDecked MTG
“TopDecked is the essential Magic app for brewers, collectors, traders, competitors, and fans. Simulate decks on a virtual battlefield, get recommended cards, test new ideas, and keep up with the latest decks and strategies. Run tournaments at home. We’re on your side of the battlefield – your portal for everything MTG.
Basic accounts are free to use, forever (Power-ups available.) — Your account syncs between devices, including our website.
– Easy to use intuitive design, with legality checking for popular formats.
– Get auto-recommendations and ideas to improve your decks
– Support for Commander, Oathbreaker, Brawl, and more.
– Cloud sync, share to friends or social networks.
– Deck charts help analyze CMC, colors, and mana curve.
– Move cards between main, sideboard, and maybe board.
– Quickly share, print, or send official DCI deck-sheets.
– Import, share, and export MTG Arena, MTGO, .dec, and text deck-lists
– See missing cards and cost to complete or buy decks.
– Tag, archive, and color code decks in your account
– Drag, drop and test on the go.
– Test on a real battlefield.
– Swipe between your hand, library and other zones.
– Tap to select and drag, or double-tap for menus.
– Quickly start games for up to 6 people
– Swipe open or closed to access the app in-game
CARDS & PRICES
– Advanced search – Quickly find any card, any types, any printing, any artist, any colors (and more filters available).
– Daily and weekly trends – for each set and printing (including promos!)
– Simple and fast card search, with images, text and rulings.
– Always up to date with latest sets and special products.
– Track the value of your cards with intuitive haves and wants lists.
– Quickly add and remove cards of any set or printing.
– Cloud sync, always available in app or website.
ARTICLES & METAGAME
– Read the latest articles – always up to date.
– Browse local and national top-8 tournament results and deck lists.
– See a breakdown of the top cards & decks, by format.
– Up to date cards and prices.
– Select set, foil, and/or custom price by condition.
– Updates your collection at the push of a button.
– Run tournaments at home or on the go
– Set custom rounds, see standings & stats
– Automatically receive pairings & tables numbers at Grand Prix, Premier, and participating events when you enter your name & DCI number.
– Upgraded accounts (Spark, Powered, and Elite) are available for sale as Monthly or Yearly Subscriptions. Upgrades increase the features and storage capacity beyond basic free services – see “Power up” screen in-app for more details on individual features.
Wizards of the Coast, Magic: The Gathering, and their logos are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast LLC. © 1995-2021 Wizards. All rights reserved. TopDecked, LLC. is not affiliated with Wizards of the Coast LLC.”