If you are looking for the Best Android Apps For Android Box to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android Apps For Android Box that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android Apps For Android Box, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android Apps For Android Box
1. “SLING: Live TV, Shows & Movies”
“SLING is a streaming service with the best of live TV, both free and paid, streamed to you on any device. And with 200+ channels, SLING has something for everyone. It’s the live TV you love for half the cost of cable. Plus, watch over 85,000 movies & shows on demand.
Programming Available From SLING TV:
With free channels like ABC News Live and premium cable networks such as CNN, FOX News and MSNBC, Sling keeps you informed while you stay safe inside. Entertainment networks like, Bravo!, LIfetime and HGTV mean SLING TV has something for everyone.
NEWS | Stay up-to-date and informed with plenty of news channels like CNN, FOX News, CNBC, MSNBC and Bloomberg.
ENTERTAINMENT | Stay in & SLING in with entertainment for the whole family. Sign up and get Bravo, Freeform, A&E, Investigation Discovery, TBS and TNT.
LIFESTYLE | With SLING TV, you can get your DIY fix with HGTV and satisfy your cravings for new recipes on Food Network. Plus, we have plenty of other lifestyle channels like Hallmark and Cooking Channel.
KIDS’ SHOWS | Keep the kids happy and the Saturday morning cartoon tradition rolling with Disney and Cartoon Network.
SPORTS | Catch the latest news, analysis and feature films of your favorite sports on ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, and a whole lot more.
INTERNATIONAL | SLING TV is one of the best international streaming services in the U.S., offering programs in 22 languages including Spanish, Hindi & Arabic.
So what’s the hold up? Download the app today and start SLINGing.
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software that will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.”
2. Sideload Launcher – Android TV
Android TV requires existing apps to be updated and declare themselves compatible before they’re installable from the Play store.
While certainly not as streamlined or seamless as the average user would wish for their TV, many apps can still function on some level on these devices if you sideload them, but they don’t show up in the Leanback Launcher (the Android TV homescreen).
So for that there is this app, the Sideload Launcher. A simple app that shows you the normal app launcher icons that a phone or tablet would show you, but which are hidden on Android TV, allowing you to launch any sideloaded app!”
3. JioPagesTV – Safe and Fast Web Browser for TV
“JioPages is a web browser that’s exclusively designed for Android TV. It brings you the fastest and most secure & seamless browsing experience on your smart TV. It enables faster downloads, efficient media streaming and data usage, provides popular sites for quicker access and gives access to latest news & curated videos for easing the content discovery on TV. It’s completely free to download & browse, no hidden charges.
JioPages is truly Indian at heart & has been designed keeping browsing needs of Indian users in mind. You can now choose to browse from 8 regional languages along with English & receive news updates in preferred language on top of things.
This web browser comes with a download manager, voice search & PDF reader to ensure a seamless browsing experience.
JioPages has much more to offer beyond conventional browsing experience. Here’s a look at the key features that set the browser apart from its competitors.
1) Videos Section: Watch Curated content categorized in 20+ categories (Music, Movies, Kids, Lifestyle, News, & more…)
• JioPages home page showcases over 10K+ curated videos from 20+ categories
• Discovering trending & new content on TV will be faster & easier
2) Browse in your regional language:
• Browse in your preferred language: 8 languages to choose from (Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Gujarati, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and Bengali)
• News feeds in regional language: Stay updated with local, national and international events.
3) Browsing Modes: Comes with 2 modes
• Private Browsing On Family Device: Incognito Mode
The Incognito mode enables private browsing by preventing browsing history from being stored in the system. You can also bookmark website links while browsing in Incognito mode
• Default Browsing Mode:
This mode is the standard browsing mode when you open JioPages app on TV
4) Read & Watch Trending News
Users can watch trending news in their preferred language & even download e-newspapers to read news on a bigger screen
5) Download Manager
The browser comes with in-built Download Manager. Users can download image, video, document etc. & view/read them on TV screen.
6) In-built PDF Reader
Users can easily download PDFs and read documents on their TV screen
JioPages Android TV web browser is brought to you by Jio Platforms Ltd. Designed with a sharp focus on personalization and localization for Indian users, we at Jio Platforms Ltd. are always trying to create the best experience for you and working round the clock to bring advanced and exciting features on JioPages.
We’d love your feedback! Drop us a line at email@example.com
Follow us @
4. MX Player
You can now share files, music, apps and more in a click using MX File Transfer
a) HARDWARE ACCELERATION – Hardware acceleration can be applied to more videos with the help of new HW+ decoder.
b) MULTI-CORE DECODING – MX Player is the first Android video player which supports multi-core decoding. Test result proved that multi-core device’s performance is up to 70% better than single-core devices.
c) PINCH TO ZOOM, ZOOM AND PAN – Easily zoom in and out by pinching and swiping across the screen. Zoom and Pan is also available by option.
d) SUBTITLE GESTURES – Scroll forward/backward to move to next/previous text, Up/down to move text up and down, Zoom in/out to change text size.
e) MX FILE SHARING – File sharing app for fast file transfer without mobile data usage. Share Music, Share Video, Share Photos or Send Files & Apps instantly
f) KIDS LOCK – Keep your kids entertained without having to worry that they can make calls or touch other apps.
– DVD, DVB, SSA/*ASS* subtitle tracks.
– SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.*ass*) with full styling.
– SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
* “READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to read your media files in your primary & secondary storages.
* “WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE” is required to rename or deletion of files and to store the downloaded subtitles.
* “LOCATION” permission is required to help find nearby friends for file transfers.
* “NETWORK” and “WIFI” permissions are required to get the network status which is required for various activities like license checking, update checking etc. Wifi connection is also used for faster file transfers.
* “BLUETOOTH” permission is required in order to improve AV sync when Bluetooth headset is connected, and create connections for file transfers.
* “CAMERA” permission is required to scan QR code for file transfers.
* “INTERNET” is required to play internet streams.
* “VIBRATE” is required to control the vibration feedbacks.
* “WAKE_LOCK” is required to prevent your phone from sleeping while watching any video.
* “KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES” is required to stop the MX Player services used in background play.
* “DISABLE_KEYGUARD” is required to temporarily prevent secure screen lock when Kids Lock is used.
* “SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW” is required to block some keys when Kids Lock is used.
* “DRAW OVER OTHER APPS” is required to block system buttons when input blocking is activated on the playback screen.
If you are facing “package file is invalid” error, please install it again from product home page (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/download)
If you have any questions, please visit our Facebook Page or XDA MX Player forum.
Some of the screens are from the Elephants Dreams licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5.
(c) copyright 2006, Blender Foundation / Netherlands Media Art Institute / www.elephantsdream.org
Some of the screens are from the Big Buck Bunny licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported.
(c) copyright 2008, Blender Foundation / www.bigbuckbunny.org”
5. Live Channels
“Live Channels app is for watching Live TV. Watch your favorite news, sports, movies and TV shows from various channel sources such as built-in tuner, IP-based tuners, and more and show them instantly on your Android TV.
* Location: Needed to provide a complete program guide for the TV channels.
* Storage: Needed to load poster arts of programs.
* TV listings: Needed to show a program guide and a channel banner.”