If you are looking for the Best Android Apps For Older Parents to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Android Apps For Older Parents that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Android Apps For Older Parents, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Android Apps For Older Parents
1. Words With Friends Classic
“Come enjoy The Original Word Play! Grab your mobile device and prove you have what it takes to best your friends and family in this addictive multiplayer game. Whether you need to relax after a long day, or are looking to train your brain, Words With Friends Classic is perfect for you! Make sure to keep your mind sharp as you choose the perfect move on the board, as one word can be the difference between victory and defeat!
Are you looking for a way to build your vocabulary by yourself? Our Solo Challenge is the answer! There is no better way to train your brain than against our fiendish word masters. Looking for new friends with whom to play puzzle games? You can practice your crossword skills with our random opponent matchmaking. No matter if you play with friends old or new, stay connected with our in-game chat, and track your progress with unlockable stats.
Think you’re the best at word games of all your friends? Prove it by racking up points and beating your Weekly Challenge!
“The game is free to play; however, in-app purchases are available for additional content and in-game currency.”
Just another title from Zynga’s Games With Friends™”
2. Android Accessibility Suite
Android Accessibility Suite includes:
• Accessibility Menu: Use this large on-screen menu to lock your phone, control volume and brightness, take screenshots, and more.
• Select to Speak: Select items on your screen and hear them read aloud.
• Switch Access: Interact with your Android device using one or more switches or a keyboard instead of the touch screen – **newly added** Camera Switches to navigate with facial gestures.
• TalkBack screen reader: Get spoken feedback, control your device with gestures, and type with the on-screen braille keyboard.
To get started:
1. Open your device’s Settings app.
2. Select Accessibility.
3. Select Accessibility Menu, Select to Speak, Switch Access, or TalkBack.
• For TalkBack, you can also press and hold both volume keys.
Android Accessibility Suite requires Android 6 (Android M) or later.
• Phone: Android Accessibility Suite observes the phone state so it can adapt announcements to your call status.
• Accessibility Service: Because this app is an accessibility service, it can observe your actions, retrieve window content, and observe text that you type.”
3. BIG Launcher
✔️ BIG Launcher makes the smartphone suitable for seniors, children, and people with eye diseases, motor problems or the legally blind.
✔️ Visually impaired and technically challenged users can use simple and easy-to-read interface with ease.
✔️ There is no fear of making a mistake and losing everything with stress-free navigation.
✔️ And it also features the SOS button which can save lives!
☎️ replaces the user interface of almost any Android phone or tablet with enlarged buttons and texts.
👴 designed in consideration with seniors and the visually impaired to provide maximum readability and easy use.
👉 controlled by single touches, leaving no room for errors.
🛠️ easily customizable to match your needs.
🌎 put the shortcuts for apps, websites, contacts, widgets and more directly on the home screen.
📺 add more screens and access them by swiping or pushing the buttons.
🔎 find the apps quickly with instant search or recent apps list on the top.
🔒 hide the apps you don’t want to use to protect users from getting lost in the navigation
📦 BIG Apps Suite
Simple apps for seniors and people with vision problems.
🔹 Android 10 and Android Go compatible
🔹 100% accessible
🔹 high contrast color schemes and three different font sizes allow you to use your phone without glasses.
🔹 additional color themes and icon packs are available for download
🔹 extended support for Talkback screen reader allows legally blind users to use their phone with ease and confidence
🔹 all the apps can also be controlled by a hardware keyboard or via the Tecla wheelchair interface, enabling users with paralysis to have full and precise control of the smartphone without touching the screen.
🔹 compatible with Android 2.2 or higher. BIG SMS requires Android 4.4 or higher
🔸 BIG Launcher – Your new home screen
🔸 BIG Phone – Easy to use phone and contacts
🔸 BIG SMS – Messaging editor with large fonts
🔸 BIG Alarm – Alarm as simple as possible
🔸 BIG Notifications – Make all the Android notifications really big
🆓 BIG Launcher free version limitations
– you can customize only the right column of buttons
– only 5 additional screens allowed
– password protection of the configuration and the preferences is not possible
– a screen reminding you to buy the full version is shown from time to time
🌟 Winner of the Vodafone Smart Accesibility Awards
🌏 52 languages: հայերէն, Azərbaycan dili, বাংলা , български, 简体中文, 繁體中文, hrvatski, česky, dansk, nederlands, english, eesti, suomi, français, deutsch, ελληνικά, halshen hausa, हिन्दी, magyar, bahasa indonesia, italiano, 日本語, basa jawa 한국어, Kurdî, latviešu, lietuvių, bahasa melayu, norsk, polski, português, português brasileiro, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ, română, русский, српски, srpski, slovenčina, slovenščina, español, svenska, தமிழ், తెలుగు, ภาษาไทย, türkçe, українська мова, tiếng việt,
العربية, עברית, فارسی, پن٘جابی, اُردُو”
Features on the Facebook app include:
* Connect with friends and family and meet new people on your social media network
* Set status updates & use Facebook emoji to help relay what’s going on in your world
* Share photos, videos, and your favorite memories.
* Get notifications when friends like and comment on your posts
* Find local social events, and make plans to meet up with friends
* Play games with any of your Facebook friends
* Backup photos by saving them in albums
* Follow your favorite artists, websites, and companies to get their latest news
* Look up local businesses to see reviews, operation hours, and pictures
* Buy and sell locally on Facebook Marketplace
* Watch live videos on the go
The Facebook app does more than help you stay connected with your friends and interests. It’s also your personal organizer for storing, saving and sharing photos. It’s easy to share photos straight from your Android camera, and you have full control over your photos and privacy settings. You can choose when to keep individual photos private or even set up a secret photo album to control who sees it.
Facebook also helps you keep up with the latest news and current events around the world. Subscribe to your favorite celebrities, brands, news sources, artists, or sports teams to follow their newsfeeds, watch live streaming videos and be caught up on the latest happenings no matter where you are!
The most important desktop features of Facebook are also available on the app, such as writing on timelines, liking photos, browsing for people, and editing your profile and groups.
Now you can get early access to the next version of Facebook for Android by becoming a beta tester. Learn how to sign up, give feedback and leave the program in our Help Center: http://on.fb.me/133NwuP
Sign up directly here:
Problems downloading or installing the app? See http://bit.ly/GPDownload1
Still need help? Please tell us more about the issue. http://bit.ly/invalidpackage
Facebook is only available for users age 13 and over.
Terms of Service: http://m.facebook.com/terms.php.”