If you are looking for the Best Android Apps For Sleep to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android Apps For Sleep that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android Apps For Sleep, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android Apps For Sleep
1. Awoken – Lucid Dreaming Tool
– Dream Journal with optional pin-protection: Have a silent notification ready each morning to start recollecting your dream. Keep your journal entries in a searchable list and protect your dreams if needed.
– Reality Checking: Reminders to analyze your surroundings, so you can learn to check if you are dreaming.
– Dream Clues: low audio cues that can trigger your lucid dreaming by playing a special Totem Sound you choose.
– Cloud backup of your dreams! Create an optional cloud account to backup your dreams if you want to.
– Dream Patterns: The most common words and themes from your journal can be viewed in a list so you can analyze your dreams better.
– Pausing your training: Learning lucid dreaming takes some time. Sometimes you want to pause your training for just a few days.
– Oneironaut Achievements: An explorer of dream worlds is called an Oneironaut. Follow you progress and keep track of your stats.
– Dark theme across the whole app is now available as a premium feature.
– Continuous Speech-To-Text in the dream journal, for when you’re just awake enough to start collecting your subconscious adventure, but not awake enough to want to use the keyboard.
Lucid dreaming is learning to know you are dreaming, while you are dreaming. Becoming aware that you are dreaming allows you to shape, influence and direct your dreams with clarity, instead of being uncritically controlled by them. This app will train you to achieve lucidity in your dreams and understand them better by revealing their patterns.
When you are aware of being in a dream, you can also learn to master experiences that aren’t possible in waking reality. You can fly, breathe under water or whatever else you put your mind to. With the sensations as real as in waking life. Your mind is the only limit.
It is reported that lucid dreaming can also help to overcome nightmares, be used to rehearse success for real life scenarios and be used train creativity.
Become awoken – Start dreaming for real!
Awoken is a lucid dreaming guide with a free dream diary, cloud sync, lucid dreaming info and techniques to achieve clear dreams. It can help you master lucid dreaming, achieve lucidity, and act as a trainer and helper. When you wake up, the app can have a silent notification ready, so you can write down your dream. There’s an optional dream cloud module, that can sync your dream entries to Google’s app engine. Dream back up can be useful if you loose your device .There’s also a premium feature dream pattern analyzer.You can also protect our journal with password in the form of a pin. The dream analyzer takes the words and hashtags from your journal/diary and gathers them in an nice overview. So you can explore your dream patterns and dream themes better.
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to determine synchronizations if you have cloud backup activated.
android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS: When you choose cloud backup, you must choose an account to attach it to.
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: A requirement to use Google’s backend cloud system. No personal information is being gathered or saved on the external storage.
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE: A requirement to use Google’s backend cloud system. No personal device-information is being gathered or saved.
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: For resetting reality checks and such on a restart.
android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO: Only used for speech-to-text in the dream journal if/when the user activates it.
android.permission.USE_CREDENTIALS: A requirement to use Google’s backend cloud system.
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: A requirement to use Google’s backend cloud system. No personal information is being gathered or saved here.
com.android.vending.BILLING: To upgrade to premium version.”
2. Sleep Cycle: Sleep Tracker
“Relax, sleep better and wake up feeling rested with Sleep Cycle, the smart alarm clock. Track sleep from bedtime to morning, and get detailed analysis with the app that makes waking up in the morning just that bit easier.
Track sleep using your phone and start your day feeling energized with our intelligent alarm clock and sleep tracker. Its unique design only wakes you up while you’re in your light sleep phase. Plus, you’ll get detailed reports as Sleep Cycle monitors your sleep patterns, from bedtime until you’re waking up. Track sleep and use the data to help you sleep better today!
⏰ Waking up made easy – 5 reasons you’ll love Sleep Cycle:
1. Sleep better with a gentle wake up call – Sleep Cycle’s alarm clock wakes you up while you’re in light sleep and is a natural way to start your day.
2. Relax at bedtime and track sleep easily – Learn about your sleep patterns with detailed analysis.
3. A sleep tracker with a difference – There’s no phone under your pillow, you can track sleep by placing your device on the nightstand or close by on the floor.
4. Your health comes first – Your sleep data and reports will help you feel great inside and out.
5. Sleep better – Relax and let Sleep Cycle analyse your light sleep, deep sleep and overall health.
Relax with a good night’s sleep that will do wonders for your health.
Download Sleep Cycle today – waking up in the morning has never been easier!
√ Sleep analysis with Sleep Cycle patented sound technology, or accelerometer
√ Detailed sleep statistics and daily sleep graphs
√ Carefully selected alarm melodies
√ Snooze by shaking or double tapping the phone lightly
√ Customizable wake-up window. From instant (regular alarm clock), up to 90 minutes
√ Sound recorder & Trends – Capture snoring, sleep talking and other sounds and view your trends
√ Longterm sleep tracker trends
√ Compare your sleep data to world sleep statistics
√ Sleep aid – helps you fall asleep easier
√ Sleep notes – see how events such as drinking coffee, stress, working out, or eating late affect your sleep quality
√ Wake up mood – see how Sleep Cycle affects your wake up mood
√ Online backup – lets you secure your sleep data online
√ Export sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
Ability to charge your phone by the bed.
Ability to place your phone near the bed, such as on a nightstand table or on the floor.
With Sleep Cycle on Wear OS, you can wake up rested with a gentle vibration on your wrist, without waking anyone else.”
3. “Calm – Meditate, Sleep, Relax”
Who is Calm for?
Calm is for anyone, whether you’re brand new to meditation or a seasoned expert. It’s also for anyone who needs a mental break, a soothing sound, or a peaceful night’s rest. Our guided meditations are available in lengths of 3 to 25 minutes, so you can choose the perfect length to fit your schedule.
* Calming Anxiety
* Managing Stress
* Deep Sleep
* Focus and Concentration
* Breaking Habits
* Commuting to work or school
* Mindfulness at College
* Mindfulness at Work
* Walking meditation
* Calm Kids
* Body Scan
The app also features:
New Daily Meditation
Learn the life-changing skill of meditation with a new Daily Calm every day. We have meditations that are only 10 minutes long and can help you ease into work or study, or unwind before bed.
We have over 100 Sleep Stories, which are like bedtime stories for adults, narrated by well-known voices like Matthew McConaughey, LeBron James, Kate Winslet, Laura Dern, Lucy Liu & more.
Discover a music library that grows every week, with exclusive tracks from top artists like Keith Urban, Lindsey Stirling, and even Disney — all Yeah engineered to help your mind relax, focus, and get into a state of flow.
Get out of your head and into your body. Learn mindful movement and gentle stretching for every body type with our short video lessons.
To begin your meditation practice, try life-changing 7-day and 21-day programs, taught by world-renowned experts in the field of mindfulness.
Calm your nerves and relax your mind with more than 30 soothing nature sounds and scenes to use during meditation, yoga, or to help you sleep. Try out LeBron’s favorite soundscape, “Rain on Leaves.”
Use breathing exercises to help you relax, unguided and open-ended meditation where you are the leader, and track your progress with daily streaks and time spent meditating.
Calm is free to download and use. There are never any ads and some of the programs and features are free forever. Some content is only available through an optional paid subscription. If you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your Google Account at confirmation of purchase.
Also, be sure to check out our brand new app for Wear OS devices.
What is Calm?
Our mission is to make the world a happier and healthier place. It’s both simple and big. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental health care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we’re growing and expanding offline with products like our best-selling Sleep Mist, our mindful puzzle collection, and collaborations like our Tuft and Needle meditation pillow, to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, world over.
Calm is recommended by top psychologists, therapists, mental health experts, and the press:
* “I’m generally wary of meditation apps because they sometimes weave in too much mystic talk for my taste. But Calm instead contains guidance like ‘Concentrate on your body’” – New York Times
* “In the frenetic, crazy, digital world we live in, sometimes it’s necessary to take a step back and smell the roses” – Mashable
* “Eliminating distraction…ended up helping me relax and realize that all the stuff I was stressing about wasn’t that big a deal” – Tech Republic
* “Found myself similarly refreshed afterward” – TechCrunch”
4. BetterSleep: Sleep tracker
→ Editors’ choice on Google Play
Sleep better. Feel better.
BetterSleep helps you understand and improve your sleep with sleep tracking, premium sleep sounds and guided content curated just for you.
Recommended by leading doctors, neuropsychologists, and sleep experts, BetterSleep is also validated by millions of users around the world. 91% of our listeners say they slept better after using the app for just one week.
Premium audio content
Fall asleep easily, sleep soundly, and develop lasting sleep habits, with dreamy soundscapes, narrated stories, and meditations that really work, all perfectly tuned to your needs.
Track your sleep, understand how it works and let us propose actionable ways to improve it.
Learn about the science behind your unique sleep needs and discover your personal chronotype.
Many sleep apps offer tracking and nothing more.
BetterSleep offers an unprecedented suite of features to help you create nightly habits to fall asleep and stay asleep:
🌖 Sleep sounds, brainwaves, and white noise:
Explore our selection of more than 300 soothing sounds, music, beats, and tones designed specially by our in-house experts to guide you to sleep. Mix them together to create your very own soundscapes.
Our library includes:
– Nature sounds: wind, rustling leaves, birds, crackling fire
– White noise: hair dryer, airplane, dryer, vacuum, fan noise
– Water sounds: rainstorm, ocean, slow waves, lapping water
– Meditation music: voices, instruments, ambient melodies
– Isochronic brainwaves: 2.5Hz, 4Hz, 5Hz, 8Hz, 10Hz, 20Hz
– Binaural beats: 2.5Hz, 4Hz, 5Hz, 8Hz, 10Hz, 20Hz
– Solfeggio Frequencies: 174Hz, 285Hz, 396Hz, 417Hz, 432Hz, 528Hz
🌖 Bedtime stories
Choose from more than 100 bedtime stories voiced by award-winning narrators and written specially to help you fall softly and naturally asleep.
– Myths and legends
🌖 Sleep Moves
Experience our innovative Sleep Moves exercises, a series of gentle bedtime relaxation techniques developed in collaboration with sleep experts to prepare your mind and body for stress-free sleep. Themes include:
– Mini: To help you unwind quickly
– Together: Unwind with this relaxation routine for couples
– Travel: Overcome jet-lag and homesickness
– Cooldown: Shed any excess energy from a stressful day
– Harmony: Find balance and recenter yourself
🌖 Breathing techniques: sound breathing for day and night
Clear your mind and achieve your personal goals for anxiety reduction with our breathing exercises combined with soothing sounds. Melt your worries away with topics like:
– Take a break
– Clear your mind
– Fall asleep
– Heart coherence
Bedtime reminder: Consistent sleep times lead to more restful sleep
Timer: Stop the application after a set amount of time
Favorites: Easy access to your favorite mixes
Playlist: Choose your favorite content to create the perfect sleep time playlist
Smart Mix: Seamless, natural sound mixes with no distracting audio loops
…and much more.
Need help with the app? Try our live chat support:
Read more about our terms and conditions here :
Terms of service: https://www.ipnos.com/end-user-license-agreement/”
5. PrimeNap: Free Sleep Tracker
PrimeNap also features a screen dimmer, sleep statistics, snore detection, sleep sounds and a dream journal.
* Free Sleep monitor / Sleep tracker
* Sleep debt analysis
* Smart alarm / sleep cycle alarm clock
* Gradual volume increase
* Snore detection
* Easy snooze using multitouch, add 5 minutes per finger
* Screen dimmer
* Red filter
* Dream journal
* Sleep stats for user-specified daily activities
* Sleep sounds
Benefits of using a sleep tracker and sleep cycle alarm clock / smart alarm
With modern day work schedules, our sleep patterns have become widely irregular and oftentimes much shorter than they should be. PrimeNap’s Sleep Tracker can help you analyze your sleeping patterns and correct them if necessary. Using PrimeNap’s smart alarm functionality, you can avoid being pulled out of deep sleep by a well-meaning time-based alarm clock, and instead wake up gently after sleep cycle completion and thereby simulate a natural awakening.
How it works: Movement during sleep is known to roughly correlate with the actual sleep stages obtained by polysomniography. This sleep movement is registered by the phone and translated into fairly accurate sleep cycle information.
Recommended use: Use this sleep app with proper hardware. If convenient, switch on airplane/flight mode to minimize any emissions. Reboot or close other apps that might cause the phone to heat up during the night.
Frequently Asked Questions:
* How do you interpret the resulting graph?
– The graph is separated into two sections. The top section shows relative movement over time. Low measured movement will be a valley in the graph, high movement will be a peak in the graph.
The bottom section uses the movement information to calculate a rough estimate of your sleep cycles (numbered on top) and even individual sleep phases during each sleep cycle (Awake, Dreaming (REM), Light Sleep (Non-REM 1,N2), Deep Sleep (N3). The app uses the actual measurement (e.g. long stretches of low movement are likely to be deep sleep), averages (mainly in case of REM) and basic knowledge about sleep cycles (duration approx. 90 minutes) to create a reasonable best-fit hypnogram graph. This is why it will still show sleep cycles if the phone is placed on a desk. The app assumes that the user is actually sleeping.
* How is this going to help improve sleep?
– For most people best sleep is achieved through regular sleeping patterns (similar bedtime) averaging about 8 hours of sleep every day. The app is meant to assist people in finding out their exact sleeping patterns in order to make informed changes. The sleeping times are thus most important, the information shown in the graphs is mainly used by the smart alarm function.
* How do you add your own nap sessions if you forget to track them?
– On the third tab (Nap History) there is a button in the bottom right corner labeled “+1”.
* How do you delete nap sessions?
– Click and Hold the nap that you want to delete. Select the corresponding item from the menu that will appear.
* How do you resume a nap session?
– Simply click the sleep button again to start a new nap. The app will automatically know that there have been previous sleep cycles and will continue there. Both sleep sessions will appear in the sleep pattern overview.
* What does the button “Phone off = Sleep” do?
– This is an option for people who turn their phone off during the night. If you turn your phone off completely, the app will count this as going to bed. Turning it back on in the morning is counted as waking up.
* What is “Wake Battery”
– This is a way of displaying the current sleep debt as a battery icon in the status bar. This needs adjustment and always sleep if tired.”
6. Lightning Bug – Sleep Clock
Lightning Bug, ambience and white noise mixer.
Mix some me time! Find sleep and relaxation easier with Lightning Bug, an ambience and white noise mixer for Android powered devices. Lightning Bug features a library of almost 200 sound loops and samples ranging from the natural peace of rain storms and ocean waves, to pure white noise, city trains, meditation bells, acoustic and electronic instruments, and down-tempo break beats.
Lightning Bug also includes many soothing backgrounds and sound visualizations. It even has a stylish, customizable digital clock with alarm, a great replacement for your bedside alarm clock!
For the full Lightning Bug experience, check out plugins. Press the puzzle piece!
Having a problem with sounds and icons disappearing?
The original version of Lightning Bug stored files to a generic folder on your SD card. But in the last year or so various anti-virus and disk utility apps have determined this type of storage is suspect and, in some cases, will automatically delete the contents of Lightning Bug’s content folder. So, in our latest release, 22.214.171.124 as of this writing, we moved Lightning Bug’s folder into protected app storage on your SD. This will prevent anti-virus and disk utility apps from deleting your icons and sounds.
This means that if you’re sounds and icons were already gone before installing 126.96.36.199, they will still be missing. The 188.8.131.52 update will prevent your sounds and icons from going missing again, but unfortunately you’ll have to re-install your plugins one more time. We’re very sorry for the inconvenience!
Interested in Beta Testing?
Read our tester guide for more info here:
– Almost 200 sound samples and loops engineered exclusive for Lightning Bug
– Over 50 soothing backgrounds and sound visualizations
– Control each sound’s volume (long press the sound’s icon)
– Plugin-Mode for adding lot’s of high quality new content (look for the puzzle piece!)
– Control each sample sound’s playback frequency (plugin-mode only)
– Customize each scene with whatever sounds you want (plugin-mode only)
– Digital Clock, customize font, color, screen size, and datetime format
– Alarm Clock with customizable Snooze
– Local Weather
– Sleep Timer w App Shutdown
– Screen Dimmer
– Screen Timeout
– Supports All Screen Orientations (except upside down)
– Disable Device Button Lights
We’ve been lucky to work with some very talented artists willing to contribute their skills to making Lightning Bug better for all. Please check out their sites, show them your support!
Photography by Maria “Jpeg” Izaurralde
Sounds by State Azure
• Your Approximate Location, *Only used if you enable Lightning Bug’s local weather feature*
• Phone state, Required so that audio can be ducked (partially to fully muted) during phone calls.
• Read, modify, or delete SD storage contents. This is required to allow downloads and storage of sound and image files.
• Run at startup. Lightning Bug runs very briefly when your device boots to synchronize alarms with your system clock. This has minimal impact on your device startup time.
• Full network access & View network connections. This enables downloading extra content, such as sounds or images.
• Send sticky broadcast. This creates stability in the primary audio and content download systems.
• Prevent phone from sleeping. This ensures smooth audio playback. Your screen will still lock (go dark) to preserve battery life.”