If you are looking for the Best Android Breathing App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Android Breathing App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Android Breathing App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Android Breathing App
1. Prana Breath: Calm & Meditate
“Dive into breathing techniques that are approved by ancient traditions, by modern science and by million+ of our users! Use the power of breathing and meditation to increase your mindfulness and live a better life. It doesn’t matter whether you do Yoga, dieting, diving, or not, – you will see the positive impact anyway, for only 7-15 minutes a day!
What does it do?
* Improves brain activity: memory, attention, concentration
* Relieves anxiety
* Develops resistance to stress, develops physical endurance
* Eliminates evening appetite attacks, thus helps to have a healthy weight
* Decreases the frequency of cold, migraine and asthma attacks
* Boosts immunity of respiratory system
* Promotes healthy sleep
* Improves vocal and breath hold time, thus is good for singer and diver
* Trains the diaphragm thus fights acid reflux (GERD) symptoms
Why Prana Breath?
* Absolutely no advertisement
* Fast, optimized, battery saving
* Easy – just tap on “play”, close your eyes and let the sound guide you
* Option to turn the screen off during the training
* 8 breathing patterns for different purposes
* Possibility to create your own patterns
* Rich statistics
* Reminders for creating a convenient training schedule
* Most patterns are derived from Pranayama, Sufi and Tibetan breathing practices
* Unique to Google Play “Anti-Appetite” training, for fighting emotional over-eating
* Exclusive “Cigarette replace”, designed by Simone Righini, to help you quit smoking
Additionally for Guru version:
* Dynamic trainings for smooth improvement & for sophisticated patterns
* Diverse breath methods and chants
* Detailed progress chart and training log
* Health tests
* Enriched settings and more sounds
* Regularly updated database of more than 50 training patterns, such as: 4-7-8 breathing, Kapalbhati, Anulom Vilom, Nadi Shodhana, Tummo / Inner fire, Udgeeth, etc.
Scientific proofs: https://pranabreath.info/wiki/Research_articles
2. Othership: Breathing App
Techniques to start your engine and fly high. Harness the power of your breath to kickstart your day. Cultivate focus and productivity. Fight fatigue and tap vitality. Explore elevating practices to get lifted and stay lifted.
Techniques for a soft landing. Build a routine for deep rest and better sleep. Unwind with practices to de-stress and linger in stillness. Soothe anxious nerves and restlessness by finding your version of centre.
Long haul transformative journeys. Reach altered states through esoteric experiences. Breathe easy with affirmations and manifestations. Train yourself to regulate your emotions in meeting all parts of self.
Embodiment practices. Stretch yourself with movement practices. Feel yourself with self-massage. Learn techniques for conscious breathing while walking and ice bathing.
Learning lab + how-to’s. Continue your breath education by learning science-backed explanations of how and why we do what we do. Incorporate performance benchmarks to build and expand lung capacity and breath retention.
We offer a variety of sessions that are updated regularly to keep your breathwork practice feeling fresh. Transformation in your hands.
– 500+ classes
– Inspiring soundscapes from renowned DJ’s
– Streak and progress tracking
– Top breathwork facilitators
– Global community
We believe that learning to regulate yourself and your emotions – in a world that can’t be regulated – can and should be a memorable voyage. Maybe even an adventure.
Leadership, Partnership, Relationship, Allyship.
What ship are you building?
If you’d like to learn more about our Terms and Conditions, please visit us on:
3. Insight Timer – Wellbeing App
The number 1 free meditation app. Guided meditations, sleep music tracks and talks led by the top meditation and mindfulness experts, neuroscientists, psychologists and teachers from Stanford, Harvard, the University of Oxford and more. Music tracks from world-renowned artists. Join millions learning to meditate on Insight Timer to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety, manage stress, and sleep deeply.
With 100+ new free guided meditations and sleep tracks added daily, more meditation is practiced on Insight Timer than anywhere else. Great for both beginners and experienced practitioners.
* 100,000+ guided meditations
* Select by time for short meditations when on the go, helping you to build a simple daily habit
* Thousands of music tracks and ambient sounds to calm the mind, focus, sleep better and relax
* Customizable meditation Timer
* Follow your favourite teachers
* Thousands of discussion groups
* Stats and milestones for tracking your progress
SLEEP FOR INSIGHT TIMER
Struggling with insomnia? Can’t get a restful night’s sleep? Want to learn how to sleep better? Insight timer offers thousands of free music tracks, meditations, and stories to help you get a better night’s sleep. Create the best environment for sleep and rest through meditation, there’s something for everyone.
Sleep for insight timer features:
* Sleep Music
* Bedtime tales
* Sleep Meditations
* Sleep mode for all music
Sleep for insight timer also offers meditation courses for sleep. Improve your relationship with rest and sleep through the night with a number of courses that teach you how to: Sleep effortlessly, overcoming insomnia, Redefining approach to sleep, sleep with meditation, and much more.
Browse popular topics including:
* Sleep deeply
* Dealing with Anxiety and Reducing Stress
* Getting through Recovery and Addictions
* Self-love and Compassion
* Focus and Concentration
* Better Relationships
Join 11, 000+ leading meditation teachers, musicians and sleep experts.
Practice the following meditation types:
* Secular Mindfulness
* Yoga Nidra
* Mindful Sleep
* Buddhist Mindfulness
* Insight Meditation
* Walking Meditation
* Breathing Meditation
* Kundalini Yoga
* Advaita Vedanta
* And many more..
Join groups for:
* Beginners Meditation
* Sleep Meditation
* Transcendental Meditation
* And many more..
PAID FEATURE – INSIGHT PREMIUM MEDITATION
We have one optional in-app subscription.
* 1,000 Courses – Help you sleep better, feel happier, and less stressed
* Listen offline (Listen to meditation and sleep music offline)
* Advanced Player (Repeat, Fast forward and Rewind, Pick-up where you left off)
* High-Quality audio”
4. “Calm – Meditate, Sleep, Relax”
Who is Calm for?
Calm is for anyone, whether you’re brand new to meditation or a seasoned expert. It’s also for anyone who needs a mental break, a soothing sound, or a peaceful night’s rest. Our guided meditations are available in lengths of 3 to 25 minutes, so you can choose the perfect length to fit your schedule.
* Calming Anxiety
* Managing Stress
* Deep Sleep
* Focus and Concentration
* Breaking Habits
* Commuting to work or school
* Mindfulness at College
* Mindfulness at Work
* Walking meditation
* Calm Kids
* Body Scan
The app also features:
New Daily Meditation
Learn the life-changing skill of meditation with a new Daily Calm every day. We have meditations that are only 10 minutes long and can help you ease into work or study, or unwind before bed.
We have over 100 Sleep Stories, which are like bedtime stories for adults, narrated by well-known voices like Matthew McConaughey, LeBron James, Kate Winslet, Laura Dern, Lucy Liu & more.
Discover a music library that grows every week, with exclusive tracks from top artists like Keith Urban, Lindsey Stirling, and even Disney — all Yeah engineered to help your mind relax, focus, and get into a state of flow.
Get out of your head and into your body. Learn mindful movement and gentle stretching for every body type with our short video lessons.
To begin your meditation practice, try life-changing 7-day and 21-day programs, taught by world-renowned experts in the field of mindfulness.
Calm your nerves and relax your mind with more than 30 soothing nature sounds and scenes to use during meditation, yoga, or to help you sleep. Try out LeBron’s favorite soundscape, “Rain on Leaves.”
Use breathing exercises to help you relax, unguided and open-ended meditation where you are the leader, and track your progress with daily streaks and time spent meditating.
Calm is free to download and use. There are never any ads and some of the programs and features are free forever. Some content is only available through an optional paid subscription. If you choose to subscribe, payment will be charged to your Google Account at confirmation of purchase.
Also, be sure to check out our brand new app for Wear OS devices.
What is Calm?
Our mission is to make the world a happier and healthier place. It’s both simple and big. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental health care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we’re growing and expanding offline with products like our best-selling Sleep Mist, our mindful puzzle collection, and collaborations like our Tuft and Needle meditation pillow, to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, world over.
Calm is recommended by top psychologists, therapists, mental health experts, and the press:
* “I’m generally wary of meditation apps because they sometimes weave in too much mystic talk for my taste. But Calm instead contains guidance like ‘Concentrate on your body’” – New York Times
* “In the frenetic, crazy, digital world we live in, sometimes it’s necessary to take a step back and smell the roses” – Mashable
* “Eliminating distraction…ended up helping me relax and realize that all the stuff I was stressing about wasn’t that big a deal” – Tech Republic
* “Found myself similarly refreshed afterward” – TechCrunch”
5. Sleep Cycle: Sleep Tracker
“Relax, sleep better and wake up feeling rested with Sleep Cycle, the smart alarm clock. Track sleep from bedtime to morning, and get detailed analysis with the app that makes waking up in the morning just that bit easier.
Track sleep using your phone and start your day feeling energized with our intelligent alarm clock and sleep tracker. Its unique design only wakes you up while you’re in your light sleep phase. Plus, you’ll get detailed reports as Sleep Cycle monitors your sleep patterns, from bedtime until you’re waking up. Track sleep and use the data to help you sleep better today!
⏰ Waking up made easy – 5 reasons you’ll love Sleep Cycle:
1. Sleep better with a gentle wake up call – Sleep Cycle’s alarm clock wakes you up while you’re in light sleep and is a natural way to start your day.
2. Relax at bedtime and track sleep easily – Learn about your sleep patterns with detailed analysis.
3. A sleep tracker with a difference – There’s no phone under your pillow, you can track sleep by placing your device on the nightstand or close by on the floor.
4. Your health comes first – Your sleep data and reports will help you feel great inside and out.
5. Sleep better – Relax and let Sleep Cycle analyse your light sleep, deep sleep and overall health.
Relax with a good night’s sleep that will do wonders for your health.
Download Sleep Cycle today – waking up in the morning has never been easier!
√ Sleep analysis with Sleep Cycle patented sound technology, or accelerometer
√ Detailed sleep statistics and daily sleep graphs
√ Carefully selected alarm melodies
√ Snooze by shaking or double tapping the phone lightly
√ Customizable wake-up window. From instant (regular alarm clock), up to 90 minutes
√ Sound recorder & Trends – Capture snoring, sleep talking and other sounds and view your trends
√ Longterm sleep tracker trends
√ Compare your sleep data to world sleep statistics
√ Sleep aid – helps you fall asleep easier
√ Sleep notes – see how events such as drinking coffee, stress, working out, or eating late affect your sleep quality
√ Wake up mood – see how Sleep Cycle affects your wake up mood
√ Online backup – lets you secure your sleep data online
√ Export sleep data to Excel for detailed analysis
Ability to charge your phone by the bed.
Ability to place your phone near the bed, such as on a nightstand table or on the floor.
With Sleep Cycle on Wear OS, you can wake up rested with a gentle vibration on your wrist, without waking anyone else.”
6. MindShift CBT – Anxiety Relief
MindShift CBT is a free self-help anxiety relief app, that helps you reduce worry, stress, and panic by following evidence-based strategies. Using CBT tools, you can challenge negativity, learn more about anxiety, develop more effective ways of thinking, be mindful, and relax.
If you are looking for anxiety, stress, and panic relief, you have come to the right place. Download MindShift CBT for free on your Android device, learn more about anxiety, practice cognitive behavioral therapy, and reduce the amount of worry, panic, social anxiety, and discomfort from phobias that you experience.
The go-to app for anxiety management
MindShift CBT, the free anxiety relief app, comes with a clean and user-friendly design that allows you to learn and practice CBT strategies in an easy and intuitive way. We have specifically designed the app to be your free and portable go-to tool for anxiety management.
Learn about the different CBT strategies, including writing thought journals, challenging yourself with belief experiments, building fear ladders, and doing comfort zone challenges. Listen to calming audio to reframe your thoughts, practice mindfulness, and stay grounded. Participate in the MindShift CBT Community Forum: share stories, learn about others’ experiences, and provide peer advice in a safe environment. All the exercises are presented in small chunks with plenty of supporting information to help you naturally integrate these strategies with the rest of your life.
MindShift CBT includes additional features that help keep you on track. Stay accountable and track your progress with the check-in feature, which allows you to record and view graphs and journal entries. You can set goals for yourself and get reminders. If you choose to, you can easily export and share your data via email to streamline sessions with any therapists, counsellors, or psychologists you may be working with.
MindShift CBT is completely free, so give it a try and explore the features for yourself!
MindShift CBT is packed with loads of evidence-based and trusted features to help you with anxiety management. With this app, we hope that you will be better equipped to manage anxiety, find relief from panic attacks, overcome your fears, and hopefully, ease your own mind.
MindShift CBT main features:
• Clean, welcoming, and user-friendly intuitive design
• Evidence-based strategies and tools based on cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) designed for anxiety relief and self-management
• Daily check-in to keep track of your anxiety level and mood
• Easy to follow guides on learning about anxiety
• Facts and tips to overcome general worry, social anxiety, perfectionism, panic attack, and phobias
• Goal setting tools to keep you accountable
• Coping cards and statements to help you ride out your anxiety (and the ability to add your own!)
• Guided relaxation and mindfulness meditations to ground you and give relief
• Belief experiments to challenge the beliefs that fuel anxiety
• Tips and tricks for incorporating healthy habits into your life and minimizing anxiety naturally
• Sharing and data exporting (if you choose) to streamline sessions with your counsellor, therapist, or psychologist
• Community Forum to share stories and provide peer advice in a safe environment
• Also available in French
• Free to use!
Download MindShift CBT on your Android phone or tablet now, and get ready to take charge of your mental health and find anxiety relief. Learn to be more mindful, incorporate CBT techniques in your daily life, and stay accountable and motivated on your anxiety management journey.
Stay tuned for more updates, and let us know about any bugs, questions, feature requests, or any other suggestions. We are always looking to improve the app and we appreciate all your feedback.”
“Breathe is an app designed to help you ‘watch your breath’. For centuries, deep breathing has been an integral part of meditation practices. It has more recently been adopted by everyone from world class athletes to the U.S. army. Studies have shown that with regular practice meditation can reduce anxiety, stress, and depression. Cognitive benefits include improved focus, memory and decision making. The phrase ‘watch your breath’ is common among meditation practitioners, and is actualised in Breathe: there are animations to signal your inhales and exhales, and you have tools to customize the length of each breath. Intentionally breathing in and out can be a powerful, calming, and joyful experience.
Breathe is offered free, with no ads and no hidden features.
Android permissions requested are to enhance the app during usage (prevent device from sleeping) and to provide anonymous usage reporting (network permissions for Google’s Firebase library) to steer further development.
No access is made to contacts or data stored on device.
Feedback, suggestion, translations or other comments welcome via email to email@example.com”