If you are looking for the Best Android Cinematography Apps to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 4 Best Android Cinematography Apps that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 4 Best Android Cinematography Apps, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
4 Best Android Cinematography Apps
1. Cinema FV-5 Lite
“Cinema FV-5 is a professional video camera application for mobile devices, that puts professional manual controls in your fingertips. Tailored to enthusiast and professional videographers and filmmakers, with this video camera application you can capture the best footage with top-of-the-line controls for perfect postproduction purposes. The only limit is your imagination and creativity!
● Adjust all the image sensor parameters that you only thought pro-videocameras had: exposure compensation, ISO, light metering mode (matrix/center/spot), focus mode and white balance.
● Change sensor parameters (like ISO, exposure compensation or white balance) also during recording.
● Focus adjustments during recording: lock focus on your subject before recording and change focus planes while recording.
● Professional viewfinder: 10+ compositing grids, 10+ crop guides available, safe areas display and much more.
● The most advanced electronic viewfinder on a video camera: live RGB and luminance histogram are available also during recording.
● Professional sound metering options: display audio peaks and sound clipping warnings during recording.
● Use any audio input source for your video: built-in microphone, external (wired) microphone or wireless (Bluetooth) headset.
● Choose video and audio codec, adjust the bitrates, audio sampling rates and number of channels.
● Record in 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) video on supported devices.
● All camera functions assignable to volume keys. You can adjust EV, ISO, color temperature, zoom and more using volume keys (including those in cable-headsets) as well as focusing and recording. Devices with hardware camera shutter keys are also supported.
● Video geotagging support.
● Autofocus, macro, touch focus and infinity focus modes, plus a focus lock switch (AF-L).
● Autoexposure (AE-L) and auto white balance (AWB-L) locks in Android 4.0+. You can also lock exposure and white balance during clip recording automatically.
● Zoom after and while recording. Set specific focal lengths thanks to the 35mm equivalent-based focal length display.
● Powerful video clips organization options: different storage locations and fully customizable file names (even with variables).
Cinema FV-5 is the perfect app for producing the best footage for any short- to medium-sized production. With it you can record the best material possible with any medium- to high-end device. Cinema FV-5 specially supports Android-based compact cameras, so you can even leverage a high-quality, optically stabilized zoom. The footage captured with Cinema FV-5 can be easily edited on any NLE.
For more information, visit the official website http://www.cinemafv5.com or download the official Cinema FV-5 User Guide at http://www.cinemafv5.com/tutorials/user_manual.php. For technical support, please read the FAQ (http://www.cinemafv5.com/faq.php) or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lite version is a fully-functional version without any time or feature restriction: it just limits the maximum length of the individual clips you can record. Please acquire the paid version to remove this limitation and record clips of any length.
– Approximate location and precise location: only used for geotagging functionality (disabled by default, and requires manual GPS activation).
– Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage and take pictures and videos: required for the usual camera operation.”
2. PowerDirector – Video Editor
🎬 Make stunning, high quality videos like the pros – quickly and easily.
Whether you’re creating cinematic-style movies, videos of your latest adventure or combining clips to share exciting, memorable moments, PowerDirector is the perfect mobile editing app.
With a large selection of powerful editing tools that are updated monthly and a simple, intuitive app interface, you’ll find yourself creating perfect videos that’ll even amaze yourself.
Use the built-in stock library to add photos, music, sound effects and share on YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook, and Snapchat to become the next vlog star.
✨ Unleash your creativity. Create high quality professional videos – fast.
PowerDirector is built with speed and utility in mind. Optimized on 64-bit devices, editing is smoother, snappier and more fun. Explore your imagination and create visually stunning videos, wherever and whenever you need.
💪 Powerful editing tools to get excited about:
[New] Keyframe controls – Adjust the transparency, rotation, position and scale for picture in picture and masks.
1. Edit and export videos in up to 4K resolution*
2. Produce fast forward or slow motion videos with speed adjustment
3. Fix shaky cam footage with video stabilizer
4. Produce eye-catching intros with animated titles
5. Experiment with quirky audio effects in voice changer
6. Replace background with green screen editor by using chroma-key
7. Create spectacular double exposure effects from video overlays and blending-modes
8. Upload straight to YouTube and Facebook and share with friends
🔥 Powerful editing tools to create every type of video:
• Trim, splice and rotate videos with simple taps
• Control brightness, color and saturation with precision
• Apply jaw-dropping effects and transitions with drag & drop
• Combine pictures and video in one clip using the multi-timeline
• Add text or animated titles to your video in seconds
• Add voiceovers recorded on your mobile device a built-in editor
• Create video and picture collages with PiP overlays*
• Enjoy hundreds of free templates, video effects, filters, background music and sounds
*Supported devices only.
👑 Unlimited updates, features and content packs with PREMIUM.
Access all the professional tools you need with our flexible subscription options:
• Exclusive premium content (color filters, titles, transitions and video effects)
• Stock media content – even for commercial use (music, photos, stickers, stock video footage, sounds)
• Powerful editing features and film make tools for the best speed and video quality
• Ad-free and distraction free
• Enjoy unlimited access to our massive, royalty-free stock library powered by Shutterstock. Perfect for creating captivating video projects with hundreds and thousands of professional stock videos, photos and music
Find inspiration on Instagram: @powerdirector_app
Have a problem? Talk to us: support.cyberlink.com
Wish you enjoy editing on one of best video editing apps in the world!
Premium subscription is billed annually and auto-renews every year, unless cancelled 24 hours prior to the renewal date. You may manage your subscription and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings after purchase. In accordance with the store policy, no cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Once purchased, refunds will not be provided for any unused portion of the term.”
3. Artemis Director’s Viewfinder
“This version is soon to be deprecated. Please help us test the new Artemis Pro you can download it for free temporarily to test with by going to this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chemicalwedding.artemis.pro
Artemis is a digital director’s viewfinder designed for cinematographers, directors, and anyone interested in filmmaking, photography, cameras, and film. Artemis works in much the same way as a traditional director’s viewfinder but more accurately and with many more features.
If you have any issues please email us anytime for support. We are very happy to help!
By selecting your camera, an aspect ratio and a list of lenses, Artemis allows you to compose shots with the same field of view as the camera/lenses you will be shooting with. You can then save images, complete with focal length, GPS data, compass heading, tilt and roll, date and time, camera/lens information, and much more. A great tool for any level of filmmaker, Artemis is perfect for location scouting, storyboarding, blocking, rehearsal and preproduction.
For lenses wider than the your devices camera’s field of view, Artemis adds “padding” on the screen. While this is not ideal, it’s our best solution for getting around the limitations of the camera in your device.
Artemis has been field tested with every camera in our database to make sure that the field of view is correct. No other multiformat director’s viewfinder has as many camera specific formats or lens sets.
Please note that field of view is measured from the “nodal point”, roughly mid way down the length of the lens, in keeping with the method used by lens manufacturers.
Camera Formats Include:
35mm Film Standard, Super & Anamorphic
16mm Film Standard, Super & 1.3 Anamorphic
8mm Film Standard, Super, 1.36 & 1.44
ARRI Alexa, Alexa Plus, Studio, D-21
RED One, Red Epic, Scarlet
Sony F35, F3, F65, NEX-10
Canon 1D, 5DMkII & 7D, C300
Nikon D seires
-High Speed Digital-
Phantom HD, 7.3, 710, 9.0, 10, Flex
Sony EX3 & EX1
Sony HDR-FX1, HDR-Z1U
*Also you can add any Custom Camera manually*
Lens Sets Included:
Generic 35mm & 16mm Lenses
Panavision Primo Digital
Panavision System 65
Zeiss Master Primes
Zeiss Super Speed
Zeiss Ultra Primes
Zeiss SLR Lenses
Zeiss/Arriflex 65mm primes
Zeiss Compact Primes
Elite S series Mk1v
Hawk V-Lite 1.3x Anamorphics
Canon EF Compatible
Generic DSLR Lenses
Bausch & Lomb Super Balter
Schneider Cine-Xenar MkII
Nikon Dx & Fx Compatible
And many others…
If your camera format or desired lens set isn’t included or you believe a camera format isn’t working for you, we include a custom camera feature that allows you to configure Artemis to any camera system. You can even send us the format data and we may include it in our next update.
PLEASE, DON’T BE SHY
If you have ANY problems or Artemis DOESN”T somehow perform as you expect, EMAIL US. Most issues are easily resolved, please report them to us, with as much detail as to what you were doing at the time of the issue. We really value your feedback and are always willing to accomodate our customers.
-Some Sony Xperia devices have trouble calculating FOV of on board camera automatically. Manually enter in settings:
H – 51.2
V – 39.4
To fix issue.
*If you like the app, please rate it.* THANKS!!
Email us anytime for support:
-Chemical Wedding Team-”
4. DJI GO–For products before P4
– Live HD camera view
– Dynamic map view
– Camera controls and settings
– Library section to view, edit and share your videos and photos
– ‘Director’ smart video editor with built-in templates
– Sharing on social media and messaging apps
– SkyPixel aerial photography community
– YouTube live streaming
– Real-time flight records
– Video tutorials and documentation