If you are looking for the Best Android Distance Measure App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android Distance Measure App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android Distance Measure App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android Distance Measure App
1. Maps Distance Calculator
“Map Distance Calculator application allows you to measure distances on a map by two ways. Firstly user can place pins on map and measure distance between consecutive pins. Secondly user can measure continuous path among points by pen tool. To do this user must click on map to place the pen first then long pressing on pen will activate the continuous drawing.
– Rich user experience
– 3D maps
– Measure discrete paths by pinpointing on map
– Measure continuous paths with pen tool
– Lets measure perimeter
– Lets measure circumference
– Lets user adjust map view angle
– Shows distances to specific locations
– Lets user choose meters, kilometers, miles or feets
– Normal, satellite, terrain, hybrid map modes
– Stores measurements.”
2. AR Ruler App – Tape Measure & Camera To Plan
iPhone & iPad version:
1) AR Ruler app – allows to tape measure linear sizes in cm, m, mm, inches, feet, yard.
2) Distance meter – allows to tape measure distance from device camera to a fixed point on the detected 3D plane.
3) Angle – allows to tape measure corners on 3D planes.
4) Area and Perimeter – allows to tape measure perimeter and area of the room.
5) Volume – allows to tape measure size of 3D objects.
6) Path – allows to calculate the length of the path.
7) Height – allows to tape measure height relative to the recognized surface.
8) Plan – generates plan projection for drawn objects and exports it to PDF format.
9) On-screen Ruler app – measure small objects directly on the smartphone’s screen.
Try AR Ruler app now – we’d love to hear your feedback!
Please note that AR Ruler app requires ARCore library produced by Google. ARCore is constantly improving, which, in turn, positively affects the quality and accuracy of AR Ruler app.
Should you have any questions about AR Ruler app or need help, please do not hesitate to contact us via developer email.”
3. Mapulator – Map Area and Distance Calculator
• Calculate the area of a land or city etc.
• Calculate the distance of aerial routes.
• Very useful for civil engineering works.
• High performance and accurate measurements.
• Very intuitive user interface.
• Plan your trekking/hiking routes
• Civil Engineering
• Measure using Pin, Circle or Drawing options.
• Pick stroke and fill color.
• GPS Measure
• 100% accurate measurements.
• Select different metric units.
• Live Drawing : Calculate as you draw.
• Multiple Map Types.
• Search location using address or zip code or city.
• Undo/Redo functionality.”
4. GPS Fields Area Measure
“Easy to use, useful app for an area, distance and perimeter management.
This tool is helping for million people to measure their fields, mark their needed points and sharing their measured maps with their colleagues.
Don’t waste your time searching for the best free app to measure area, distance and perimeter – choose our app and simplify the measuring process!
➜ Fast area/distance marking
➜ Smart Marker Mode for very accurate pin placement
➜ Name, save, group and edit measurements
➜ “Undo” button for all actions
➜ GPS tracking/Auto measure for walking/driving around specific boundaries
It also includes a feature to send an auto-generated link to your friends or partners of pinned/selected area, direction or route – displays the area you want to share.
A feature to add the point of interest or POI on the field helps to avoid stones, mark fences or boundaries of paddocks, graze territories for dairy cows, cattle, beef and other livestock.
In need for more advanced versions?:
❖ PRO version
❖ Ad-free version
Try out our other apps for farmers:
❖ Field Navigator
❖ Soil Sampler
❖ Commodity Spy
Disclaimer: Subscription is not included in ad-free or PRO versions, it is an additional feature obtained by an in-app purchase. The mentioned versions influence and expand functionality.
* The app perfectly works with a GARMIN GLO and GARMIN GLO 2 external GPS antennas.
Download it and start measuring your fields today!
GPS Field Area Measure is also useful as a map measurement tool for outdoor activities, range finder applications and sports such as biking or marathon. Comes in handy when exploring golf area or as a golf distance meter, convenient for land surveys, practical for field pasture area measure, helpful in garden and farm work or planning, great to keep area records. It’s great for constructions and agricultural fencing. This application is practical even for solar panel installation, roof area estimation or trip planning.
Our measuring app has the highest accuracy in the market, that being the main reason why we’re the leading measuring app among construction sites, building and farm contractors and farmers.
Among our users are people constructing roofs, buildings and roads, farm owners who are spraying, fertilizing, seeding, harvesting farms or tilling. It’s helpful for biking, traveling or planning trips. For growing gardens and paddock, grass or lawn – we are the number one choice.
Including people who are farming beef, pork, or poultry – the application comes in handy for fence measuring and planning. Pilots can also use this app while flying in the fields. Farm managers and contractors who are exploiting agricultural work for farmers can use this app to count the amount of planted fields and share them with the owner. The fields are displayed in Google Maps.
It’s a great tool for paddock calculation and measuring.
This is the best solution for farm owners who grow wheat, corn, rapeseed, maize, sugar beet and need to measure the planted area annually.
All in all, it is useful for:
– Farmers, for farm management
– Town planners
– Construction surveyor
– Landscape artists
– Land based surveys
– Land record management
– Construction surveys
– Health, Education and facilities mapping
– Farm fencing
– Sports track measurement
– Construction sites and building sites area
– Asset mapping
– Landscape design
– GIS, ArcGIS, ArcMap”
5. PD Pupil Distance for Eyeglasses & VR Headset
PD Meter App by GlassifyMe is the perfect tool to measure your Pupillary Distance (PD) quickly and accurately. Simply take a picture holding a standard sized card with the magnetic strip facing the camera and let us do the rest.
Note: Using a credit card is NOT required, nor recommended. Please use a points or rewards card. The card is only used for the purpose of reference sizing.
What is PD?
PD, short for Pupillary Distance, is the distance between the center of your pupils in millimeters. This measurement is important during the manufacturing of your prescription glasses to ensure you get proper vision. This measurement is also needed for your VR
(Virtual Reality) headsets.
Why PD Meter App?
• Measure your Distance and Reading PD in 3 quick steps
• Automatically detects your eyes and pupils
• Advanced algorithm that calculates and gives precise results
• Take a selfie, ask a friend to take your picture, or import photo from gallery.
• Get exclusive discounts for shopping at GlassifyMe.com
** Watch the full video tutorial at https://youtu.be/eIuSNoEZWig”
6. EasyMeasure – Camera Distance Tape Measure & Ruler
“EasyMeasure shows you the distance to objects seen through the camera lens of your Android device. All without a tape measure or ruler! By installing EasyMeasure on your phone, you turn your device in a virtual tape measure & ruler. To conduct a measurement, simply aim your camera to an object in your surroundings, and EasyMeasure displays the distance towards that object on top of the camera image. The measurement can even determine the height and width of the object. With its amazing 3D Augmented Reality (AR) camera overlay grid, using EasyMeasure is very intuitive and easy!
Use the tape measure and ruler to find out how far it is towards that boat at the other side of the lake. Tape measure how tall buildings are. Use the app as a golf-aid ruler. Tape measure your friend’s height. The possibilities of the tool are endless!
How does it work? The EasyMeasure tape measure and ruler app uses the height of the camera lens and its tilt angle to calculate the distance to the object. For the measurement, simple trigonometry based on geometric triangles is used. This approach is much more accurate than other approaches, like sonar and acoustics based methods. A comprehensive animated tutorial on how to use EasyMeasure is included.
-User friendly interface with 3D Augmented Reality (AR) engine for tape measure and ruler
-Measures distance like a tape measure or ruler. Can be updated to tape measure the height and width of objects!
-Share your results by email, Facebook or Twitter!
-Includes the possibility to calibrate your phone for most accurate ruler results!
-Displays accuracy of tape measurement
-Make a picture of the image with the distance, height and width and store it in the photo album for later use.
-Supports Metric and Imperial units (meters, inches, foot, yards).
-Animated tutorial to explain the measurement procedure.
-“Dynamic Photos”: Analyze and adapt measurements after photo is taken (Upgraded version)!
-Switch on flashlight for measurements in the dark
-Slick icon and user friendly interface
NOTE: Measurements taken with the EasyMeasure tool are not as accurate as measurements taken with standard tools like a tape measure or ruler. Do not use EasyMeasure for construction or other uses where inaccurate measurements could cause personal injury or property damage.”