If you are looking for the Best Android Genealogy App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android Genealogy App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android Genealogy App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android Genealogy App
“When you get a few spare minutes, dip into your family history research with the free Findmypast app. You can manage your family tree, discover historical documents, find new ancestors, add photos and more.
While you have a little downtime, you can:
Search for records
We’ve got billions of family records. Do a quick search from your phone and piece your family history together.
Add new relatives
Have your phone ready at the next family gathering. Add a new ancestor as soon as you learn about them.
Share your findings
Show your discoveries to friends and relatives when it pops up in conversation, or text them. All it needs is a quick screenshot.
Get record hint notifications
We’ll send them the moment we find vital records like birth, marriage or death certificates, Census records and tree-to-tree hints.
Review your hints on the go
Quickly swipe through your hints and add them to your family tree. Or, reject them if they don’t look relevant.
Add photos to your family tree
Upload snaps or a selfie from your iPhone. They personalise your family tree and help familiarise you with your ancestors.
Upload records and more
As well as historical photos, you can add records, stories and more to your ancestors’ profiles.
See the family structure
Get an overview of each ancestors’ spouse, parents, siblings and children in a simple list.
Indulge your passion for family history anytime, anywhere. Download the Findmypast genealogy app to your device now.”
2. Evernote – Notes Organizer & Daily Planner
Evernote syncs to all your devices, so you can stay productive on the go. Tackle your to-do list with Tasks, connect your Google Calendar to stay on top of your schedule, and see your most relevant information quickly with a customizable Home dashboard.
Note: The new version of Evernote is available for Android version 10 and newer. Users of Android version 9 and older will receive the Evernote Legacy app. The new Evernote for Android will be made available for Android versions 6, 7, 8 and 9 in a future update.
“Use Evernote as the place you put everything … Don’t ask yourself which device it’s on—it’s in Evernote” – The New York Times
“When it comes to taking all manner of notes and getting work done, Evernote is an indispensable tool.” – PC Mag
• Write, collect, and capture ideas as searchable notes, notebooks, and to-do lists.
• Clip interesting articles and web pages to read or use later.
• Add different types of content to your notes: text, docs, PDFs, sketches, photos, audio, web clippings, and more.
• Use your camera to scan and organize paper documents, business cards, whiteboards, and handwritten notes.
• Manage your to-do list with Tasks—set due dates and reminders, so you never miss a deadline.
• Connect Evernote and Google Calendar to bring your schedule and your notes together.
• See your most relevant information instantly on the Home dashboard.
• Create separate notebooks to organize receipts, bills, and invoices.
• Find anything fast—Evernote’s powerful search can even find text in images and handwritten notes.
• Sync your notes and notebooks automatically across any Chromebook, phone, or tablet.
• Start work on one device and continue on another without missing a beat.
EVERNOTE IN EVERYDAY LIFE
• Keep a journal to keep your thoughts organized.
• Go paperless by scanning receipts and important documents.
EVERNOTE IN BUSINESS
• Keep everyone up to date by capturing meeting notes and sharing notebooks with your team.
• Bring people, projects, and ideas together with shared Spaces.
EVERNOTE IN EDUCATION
• Keep track of lecture notes, exams, and assignments so you don’t miss important details.
• Create notebooks for each class and keep everything organized.
Also available from Evernote:
• 10 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Create and manage tasks
• Connect one Google Calendar account
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• 20 GB of new uploads each month
• Unlimited number of devices
• Create, manage, and assign tasks
• Connect multiple Google Calendar accounts
• Access your notes and notebooks offline
• Home dashboard – Full customization
Price may vary by location. Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your Google Play account. Where applicable, your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Subscriptions may not be cancelled for refund except as provided in Evernote’s Commercial Terms. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://evernote.com/legal/tos.php
Commercial terms: https://evernote.com/legal/commercial-terms”
3. EZ Genealogy
“EZ Genealogy is the easy way to get into genealogy and family research. Designed to be easy to use for the casual user or beginning researcher, yet powerful enough for the long-time genealogy pros, EZ Genealogy contains something for everybody!
Included in EZ Genealogy are all of the tools you would expect from a family tree creation and research application. You can create multiple family tree projects. Projects are broken down in the individual people, and the events and relationships which connect them. With EZ Genealogy, tracking, storing, and logging your family history and ancestry has never been easier!
EZ Genealogy also includes several types of reports you can print out, including descendant reports, family reports, kinship reports, and listings of all people in your database. Printed genealogical reports are great to have at family reunions and gatherings!
With EZ Genealogy, your data is private to you. Nothing is stored off of your device or transmitted to remote servers and sold. This is an offline application.
One goal with EZ Genealogy is to be 100% standards compliant with the de-facto standard GEDCOM format. Right now, exporting is fairly solid, but importing does need some work. I am committed to improving this part of the app to get GEDCOM up to 100%.
EZ Genealogy is for you guys, from the beginner to the expert, and I am open to implementing any features and changes. Use the in-app feedback form or send me an email with suggestions and requests and I will get to it. This app is for you all, so help me make it great!”
4. Family Tree Maker – FamilyGTG
– Create new family tree directly from the device.
– Import GEDCOM genealogy files easily (GEDCOM Viewer)*.
– Export family trees to GEDCOM files (send via email or store on device)*.
– Add and remove family members, and set relations between them.
– Search family members by name.
– View member’s full profile: relatives, personal info, and photo.
– Add, change, or remove member photos*.
– Edit member information (name, birth, marriage details, note, etc.).
– Show descendants & ancestors tree for a specific member*.
– Add a member to bookmarks list for easy reference later*.
– Browse events calendar (birth, marriage, …) for each month*. Today’s events are highlighted.
– Enable daily events reminders.
– Browse family photo gallery.
– View or share a log of edits (member added/edited/removed, etc.)*.
– Undo/Redo logged edits*.
– Show statistics about the family tree.
– Sample family can be optionally downloaded.
– Change app language. Available translations: Dutch, English, French, German, and Spanish.
– Free version app with no time limitation and ads-free.
* some limitations apply.
GEDCOM (GEnealogical Data COMmunication) files can be created by any desktop software. Send the file to your device via any method: bluetooth, … etc. FamilyGTG then scans your device for any GEDCOM files (with .ged extention) so they can be imported.
Check FamilyGTG full version app ($3 USD) for no limitations.”
5. Ancestry: Explore your family tree & genealogy
“Explore your family story through photos, stories, historical documents and records, genealogy, and so much more. Just build a family tree, take a name and we’ll help you to discover long-lost relatives, and share your family stories anytime, anywhere with the Ancestry® app.
Why you’ll love to discover your family history and explore origins using Ancestry:
• View your family tree, search and add new family members, upload photos, and share stories – all with just a few taps
• Explore and share your discoveries from your long lost family and collaborate with friends and relatives with one simple tap
• Discover your family history easily with our hints, matches, and search
• Our dynamic Discover feed lets you review, dismiss, and save your hints for later
• Enjoy our new modern layout design, making it even easier for you to explore
• With a free trial or paid subscription easily access more than 27 billion records, photos, and more
• Discover stories, photos, and records about your ancestors with Ancestry Hints®
• Preserve your family story and essential information (photos, genealogy, stories, documents, life events, and more) in a single location so it can be preserved for generations to come
• Collaborate with friends and family and find your family story – it couldn’t be easier
• Combine with your DNA result to help you learn more about your origins, family hierarchy, and relatives.
• Build a family tree
• Search the 1940 U.S. Census record and access millions of public records
• Receive hints based on your tree
• Upload family pictures
• Receive messages from Ancestry members
• See your ancestors’ life stories on a map
Available with an optional free trial or subscription:
• View more than 27 billion records
• Add records to your tree
• Use hints to learn about ancestors
• Find pictures of your family
• Enjoy unrestricted messaging
• With World Explorer membership, access to more than 30 billion worldwide records
Android Phone and Tablet Features:
• Curious about your family tree and long-lost family history? Simply look up a relative’s name and share what you discover with your loved ones
• Remember the high school years by finding yearbook photos to share with your close family and friends, all with just a quick one tap
• Review your personalized hints
• Add photos, hints, or ancestor stories and watch your family tree grow
• With a free trial or paid subscription access more than 27 billion records, photos, and more
• Sync automatically with your Ancestry account
• Easily upload photos and add facts or stories to your family tree
• Learn about historical events that affected your ancestors and long lost family members
• Watch Ancestry Academy Videos that get you started with genealogy research
Download the Ancestry Family History today to explore origins and discover your family tree, long-lost relatives, origins, genealogy, and so much more!
View our Terms and Conditions at: https://www.ancestry.com/cs/legal/termsandconditions
View our Privacy Statement at
CCPA Notice at Collection https://www.ancestry.com/cs/legal/privacystatement#personal-info-categories
*Within free apps in Google Play Store Books & Reference category”
6. FamilySearch Tree
“Your family history is the story of you. The FamilySearch Tree app makes it easy to add to, edit, or share your own family’s history anywhere you can take a phone or tablet. Since the app syncs with the FamilySearch website, changes or additions you make are available on any device.
Family Tree—View, add, and edit information about your ancestors. Enhance your tree by adding photos, stories, and documents.
Tasks—See which ancestors FamilySearch has already found in historical records and get ideas for what to do next.
Search Historical Records—Find your ancestors in the billions of records on FamilySearch.org to learn more details of your family story.
Relatives Around Me—See how you are related to nearby FamilySearch users that are also signed in to the app. This is a fun activity at your next group meeting, party, or event.
Map My Ancestors—Explore your heritage in maps that show where the key events of your ancestors’ lives took place.
Messages—Communicate and collaborate with other FamilySearch users from within the app.