If you are looking for the Best Android Hi Res Audio App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the Best Android Hi Res Audio App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the Best Android Hi Res Audio App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
Best Android Hi Res Audio App
1. Onkyo HF Player
“Important Notice: For customers using Android 11 or higher
On Android 11 or higher, the access right to the storage has been strengthened, and you can only access the folder which you selected. Please add all the folders where music files exist on the “Music Folders” selection screen displayed after the update. Note that the following folders cannot be added due to the specifications of the OS, so select another folder.
・Root folder of an internal storage volume
・Root folder of an external storage volume (e.g. SD card)
For customers who have already updated, you can reset the configuration of the music folder from “Settings” – “Hi-Res Library” – “Music Folders”. If you add music folders by the above procedure, existing music and playlist data will be inherited as they are. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by changing the procedure and thank you for your understanding.
Get greater control of how music sounds on your Android device with our touch-adjustable linear-phase FIR equalizer, which offers 16,384 discrete bands of HD equalization with zero loss in audio quality. Create and save your own EQ presets or select an optimized filter created by professional musicians. HF Player for Android also enables playback of Hi-Res Audio formats including FLAC, 192 kHz/24-bit WAV, and DSD at no extra charge.
Enjoy stunning audio quality anywhere you like by adding an Onkyo DAC-HA200 or DAC-HA300, Pioneer XPA-700 D/A Converter and Headphone Amplifier to enable a direct-digital connection to your AOA 2.0 (Android Open Accessory)-compatible Android device via USB cable. OTG (On The Go) cables facilitate a digital connection to USB audio-compatible external devices—simply purchase our Unlock Application and update to the full-featured version of Onkyo HF Player for Android to enable Hi-Res Audio output.
Note: Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz output via the headphone connection, AOS connection, digital connections via OTG cable (free version only) is downsampled to 44.1 kHz.
• Updated user interface
• Music lyrics supported by petit lyrics
• High-precision equalizer (16,384 discrete bands, linear-phase FIR filter)
• Automatic upsampling function
• Crossfade playback option
• Album artwork and song lyric display
• Repeat function (songs within a list)
• Resume Playback Function
• Shuffle function (within a list)
• Tab based sorting, such as Artist name, Album name, Playlist, etc. Tab order can be arranged in settings
• Folder based playback
• Scrobble with Last.fm
• Selectable equalizer presets optimized by musicians for Onkyo headphones
• Easily add songs to playlists and Up Next list
• Playlist creation and editing
• Real-time DSD conversion function (supported on paid version)
• Volume control function for USB-audio-compatible external hardware using volume keys of Android devices
• Link into OnkyoMusic(where available) and download purchased music directly
• Replay Gain (supported on paid version)
• Real-time volume normalizer (supported on paid version)
• Subscription music service AWA
– Login, Music list(FOR YOU/ FOCUS/ FAVORITES/ TRENDS), Streaming Playback
• MP3, ALAC (up to 48 kHz)
• DSF/DSD-IFF [DSD(2.8 MHz) / Double-rate DSD(5.6 MHz) / Quad-rate DSD(11.2 MHz), DoP / PCM conversion
• FLAC, ALAC, WAV, AIFF(up to 384 kHz), Ogg-Vorbis (up to 192 kHz)
Note: Audio with a sampling rate exceeding 88.2 kHz is downsampled to 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Requires Android 5.0 or later.
* Operation of this application is not guaranteed for all devices.”
2. Poweramp Music Player (Trial)
Poweramp v3 is a major update focused on the new Audio engine, UI, and navigation.
• new Audio engine:
• support for hi-res output (where supported by the device)
• new DSP, including updated Equalizer/Tone/Stereo expand, and the new Reverb/Tempo effects
• internal 64bit processing
• new configurable per-output Options
• new configurable Resampler, Dither options
• opus, tak, mka, dsd dsf/dff formats support
• gapless smoothing
• 30/50/100 volume levels (Settings/Audio/Advanced Tweaks)
• new UI:
• visualizations (supporting .milk presets and spectrum)
• new “wave” seekbar, can be also static via Skin options
• Light and Dark skins included, both with Pro Buttons and Static Seekbar options
• new notifications
• new menus, panels, popups, dialogs, etc.
• as previously, 3rd party skins are available (v2 skins are not compatible)
• new navigation:
• pull down or click album art to go to the current playing list
• as previously, swipe album art for the next/previous track, drag more for category
change (applies also to the bottom miniplayer)
• use bottom miniplayer to return to the main ui or to change tracks
• swipe left/right from lists for fast return
• pinch-zoom in lists
• long press on item for the selection menu
– 10+ band graphical equalizer for all supported formats, built-in and custom presets. Up to 32 bands supported
– separate powerful Bass and Treble adjustment
– stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance, tempo control, reverb, system MusicFX (where supported by the device)
– compatible with Android Auto
– Chromecast support
– m3u/pls http streams
– unique Direct Volume Control (DVC) for extended dynamic range and really deep bass
– replay gain
– plays songs from folders and from own library
– dynamic queue
– lyrics support, including lyrics search via plugin
– embed and standalone .cue files support
– support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists, playlist importing and exporting
– downloads missing album art
– artist images downloading
– custom visual themes, lot of skins available on Play
– widgets with many selectable styles, advanced customizations
– lock screen options
– Milkdrop compatible visualization support (and 3rd party downloadable visualizations)
– headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection
– tag editor
– audio info with detailed audio processing information
– high level of customization via settings
* Android Auto, Chromecast are trademarks of Google LLC.
This version is 15 days full featured Trial. See Related Apps for Poweramp Full Version Unlocker or use Buy option in Poweramp settings to buy the Full Version.
Common Questions/Answers for Poweramp:
Q. Does my Poweramp v2 purchase include Poweramp v3?
A. Yes, it does.
Q. How do I disable visualization?
A. It’s disabled by default, can be enabled/disabled by first left button right under cover or in Settings / Visualizations.
Q. Seekbar? Titles on cover? Other UI tweaks?
A. Please use settings / Look and feel / Skin and set built-in skin options as needed.
Q. My songs are missing from folders/library/playlists.
A. Please ensure you have all your folders with music actually checked in Poweramp settings/ Library / Music Folders.
Q. Amplified basses are distorted over Bluetooth.
A. Please review Poweramp settings / Audio / Direct Volume Control (DVC) options.”