If you are looking for the Best Android Music Player App 2021 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Android Music Player App 2021 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Android Music Player App 2021, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Android Music Player App 2021
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
2. Musicolet Music Player
Musicolet is simple, light yet powerful music player with all essential music playing features with some advance features like…
✅ Multiple Queues
Now it is possible to create/manage one Queue while listening songs from another Queue. Musicolet is the only music player in android market which supports multiple Queues. You can create maximum 20 Queues.
✅ Simple GUI with Minimalistic design & Easy navigation
For fast and easy navigation we placed all important components of the app (like Main player, Queues, Folders, Albums, Artists, Playlists) in just one row. So you can access them with just 1-Tap!
✅ Tag editor+: Can edit tags and album-arts of multiple songs at once.
✅ Move/Copy songs, Rename folders directly in app
✅ Add/remove a song to >1 playlist, from notifications, widgets and even from lockscreen
✅ Folder browsing 📁
2-types of folder structures: 1) Linear (all folders at once) and 2) Hierarchical(folders within folders)
✅ Powerful Equalizer🎚🎚🎚: Separate presets and settings for Speakers🔊, Headphones🎧, Bluetooth etc.
✅ Gapless playback
✅ 🎧Earphone controls🎧
Single click for pause/play. Double click for next and Triple click for previous song. On each press >=4 you can Fast-Forward the song.
✅ Embedded Lyrics + LRC support
Supports offline lyrics embedded in audio file as ID3 tag. You can edit embedded lyrics from tag editor. Musicolet also support .lrc files for synced lyrics.
(Note: Musicolet doesn’t fetch lyrics automatically from internet. You have to manually write or paste lyrics in tag editor, if there is no embedded lyrics. It doesn’t fetch lrc file automatically. For lrc files, You have to find lrc file from internet, put it in the same folder and rename to exactly match it with audio file name manually.)
✅ Sleep timers
2 types: 1) close app after hh:mm time or 2) close app after N songs.
✅ Add shortcuts of any album/artist/folder/playlist to your HomeScreen (Launcher) app.
✅ Stunning Widgets
✅ Lock Screen (with controls, Queue and Lyrics)
✅ Audio formats supported:
mp3, m4a, wma, flac, opus, aac, alac, ape, dsf and many more…
✅ 🚘 Android Auto support 🚘
From your ‘Android Auto’ enabled car, you can control music and access your playlists, queues, folders and whole music library.
✅🎉Change notifications appearance🎉
✅ You can also enable Fast-Forward and rewind buttons in notifications from settings.
✅ Light and dark themes
✅ Backup and Restore
Automatic and Manual backups. Restore settings, playlists, play-counts from any backup anytime on any device.
And much more…
Ad-free forever, for all users. 🤩
No internet permission, Completely offline
Musicolet doesn’t even use Internet permission (a.k.a. network access permission). (You can check this in ‘App permissions’ at the bottom of this description in Play Store.) So it cannot send/receive even a single bit of data to/from the internet. Not even in background. Full respect of your privacy.
Dedicated to Music lovers 🎶 all around the world. 🌎
Created with love ❤, lots of code and sleepless nights. Hope you will like our work.
Our official website: https://krosbits.in/musicolet
To send feedback/suggestions, report bugs or for other queries…
Contact us: email@example.com”
3. YouTube Music
“Connecting you to the world of music:
● More than 70 million official songs
● Music content including live performances, covers, remixes and music content you can’t find elsewhere
● Thousands of curated playlist across many genres and activities
Get personalized music, perfect for every moment:
● Personalized playlists and Mixes made just for you, built around your favorite types of music
● Personalized activity mixes for your Workout, Relax, and Focus sessions
● Create playlists with song suggestions or collaborate with other music fans to create the perfect playlist
● Personalized Library to see all of your liked and added songs, playlists, artists, and albums
Stay on top of the trend and discover new music:
● Check out curated for you mixes such Discover Mix and New Release Mix
● Discover music based genres (Hip Hop, Pop, Country, Dance & Electronic, Blues, Indie & Alternative, Jazz, Kpop, Latin, Rock, and more)
● Discover music based mood (Chill, Feel Good, Energy Booster, Sleep, Focus, Romance, Workout, Commute, Party)
● Explore top charts from all over the world
Enhanced your listening experience with unique features:
● Song lyrics so you can sing along to your favorites
● Switch seamlessly between audio and video
● Listen on your phone, desktop, smart speaker, smart TV, car, smart watch and within your favorite apps.
● Compatible with Google Maps, Waze, Google Assistant, and more.
Upgrade to Music Premium to enjoy:
● Listen ad-free
● Play music in the background
● Access your downloads, including smart downloads
● Switch seamlessly between audio and video, only with YouTube Music
Only first-time YouTube Red, Music Premium, YouTube Premium and Google Play Music subscribers are eligible for free trials, introductory offers or promotional pricing.
Monthly price: $9.99 USD / $9.99 CAD / $11.99 AUD / $12.99 NZD / £12.99 / €9.99 / $99 pesos MXN / ₩7,900/ 99 kr NOK / 99 kr SEK / 99 kr DKK / 169 ₽ / ARS$99/ ₹99.00 IN / R59.99 ZA / ₡3,190 /$5.99 USD (EC, DO, UY, VE, GT, BO, HN, SV, PY, NI, PA) / 19.99 zł / RON22.00 / 149.00 Kč / Ft1,490.00 / lev8.99 / USD$5.99 (BY) / €5.99 (SK, SI) / €6.99 (GR, MT, CY, LT, LV, EE) / $6.99 (MK) / 13.99 Turkish Lira (TR) / kn59.99 (HR) / $9.99 (IS) / ₪19.90 (IL) / dh19.99 (AE) / Rial19.99 (QA) / $4.99 (BH, KW, OM, LB) / RP49,000 (ID) / NT$149.00 (TW) / ฿129.00 (TH) / ₱129.00 (PH) / $58.00 (HK) / RM 14.90 (MY) / $9.98 (SG) / USD$5.99 (VE) / ₦900.00 (NG) / $9.99 (TC) / £49.99 (EG) / USD$9.99 (AS, AW, GU, MQ, YT, PF, MP, PG, PR, TC, VI)/ USD$5.99 (BM, KY)/ €9.99 (GF, GP, NC)”
4. Poweramp Music Player (Trial)
Poweramp v3 is a major update focused on the new Audio engine, UI, and navigation.
• new Audio engine:
• support for hi-res output (where supported by the device)
• new DSP, including updated Equalizer/Tone/Stereo expand, and the new Reverb/Tempo effects
• internal 64bit processing
• new configurable per-output Options
• new configurable Resampler, Dither options
• opus, tak, mka, dsd dsf/dff formats support
• gapless smoothing
• 30/50/100 volume levels (Settings/Audio/Advanced Tweaks)
• new UI:
• visualizations (supporting .milk presets and spectrum)
• new “wave” seekbar, can be also static via Skin options
• Light and Dark skins included, both with Pro Buttons and Static Seekbar options
• new notifications
• new menus, panels, popups, dialogs, etc.
• as previously, 3rd party skins are available (v2 skins are not compatible)
• new navigation:
• pull down or click album art to go to the current playing list
• as previously, swipe album art for the next/previous track, drag more for category
change (applies also to the bottom miniplayer)
• use bottom miniplayer to return to the main ui or to change tracks
• swipe left/right from lists for fast return
• pinch-zoom in lists
• long press on item for the selection menu
– 10+ band graphical equalizer for all supported formats, built-in and custom presets. Up to 32 bands supported
– separate powerful Bass and Treble adjustment
– stereo eXpansion, mono mixing, balance, tempo control, reverb, system MusicFX (where supported by the device)
– compatible with Android Auto
– Chromecast support
– m3u/pls http streams
– unique Direct Volume Control (DVC) for extended dynamic range and really deep bass
– replay gain
– plays songs from folders and from own library
– dynamic queue
– lyrics support, including lyrics search via plugin
– embed and standalone .cue files support
– support for m3u, m3u8, pls, wpl playlists, playlist importing and exporting
– downloads missing album art
– artist images downloading
– custom visual themes, lot of skins available on Play
– widgets with many selectable styles, advanced customizations
– lock screen options
– Milkdrop compatible visualization support (and 3rd party downloadable visualizations)
– headset support, automatic Resume on headset and/or BT connection
– tag editor
– audio info with detailed audio processing information
– high level of customization via settings
* Android Auto, Chromecast are trademarks of Google LLC.
This version is 15 days full featured Trial. See Related Apps for Poweramp Full Version Unlocker or use Buy option in Poweramp settings to buy the Full Version.
Common Questions/Answers for Poweramp:
Q. Does my Poweramp v2 purchase include Poweramp v3?
A. Yes, it does.
Q. How do I disable visualization?
A. It’s disabled by default, can be enabled/disabled by first left button right under cover or in Settings / Visualizations.
Q. Seekbar? Titles on cover? Other UI tweaks?
A. Please use settings / Look and feel / Skin and set built-in skin options as needed.
Q. My songs are missing from folders/library/playlists.
A. Please ensure you have all your folders with music actually checked in Poweramp settings/ Library / Music Folders.
Q. Amplified basses are distorted over Bluetooth.
A. Please review Poweramp settings / Audio / Direct Volume Control (DVC) options.”
5. VLC for Android
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• “Photos/Media/Files” to read your all media files 🙂
• “Storage” to read your all media files on SD cards 🙂
• “Other” to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs “read the contents of your USB storage”, in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs “modify or delete the contents of your USB storage”, in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs “full network access”, to open network and internet streams.
• It needs “prevent phone from sleeping” in order to prevent… your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs “change your audio settings”, in order to change audio volume.
• It needs “modify system settings”, in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs “view network connections” in order to monitor whether device is connected or not.
• It needs “draw over other apps” to start the custom picture-in-picture widget.
• It needs “control vibration” to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs “run at startup” to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
• It needs “microphone” to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only asked on Android TV devices.”
6. Neutron Music Player
Neutron Player is an advanced music player with an audiophile-grade platform-independent in-house developed 32/64-bit audio engine which does not rely on the OS music player API and thus delivers truly unique experience to you.
* It outputs hi-res audio directly to the internal DAC (including USB DAC) and offers a rich set of DSP effects.
* It is the only application capable of sending audio data to the network renderers (UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast) with all DSP effects applied, including the gapless playback.
* It features a unique PCM to DSD real-time oversampling mode (if supported by DAC), so you can play your favorite music in DSD resolution.
* It offers the sophisticated user interface with an advanced media library functionality that is appreciated by audiophiles and music lovers from all parts of our world!
* 32/64-bit hi-res audio processing (HD audio)
* OS and platform independent decoding and audio processing
* Hi-Res Audio support (up to 32-bit, 768 kHz):
– devices with on-board Hi-Res Audio DACs
– DAPs: iBasso DX150-DX220, Cayin i5-N5ii, Fiio X5-X7-M6-M11, HiBy R6 (+PRO)
* Bit-perfect playback
* Supports all audio formats
* Native DSD (direct or DoP), DSD
* Multi-channel native DSD (4.0 – 5.1: ISO, DFF, DSF)
* Output all to DSD
* DSD to PCM decoding
* DSD formats: DFF, DSF, ISO SACD/DVD
* Module music formats: MOD, IM, XM, S3M
* Voice audio format: SPEEX
* Playlists: CUE, M3U, PLS, ASX, RAM, XSPF, WPL
* Lyrics (LRC files, metadata)
* Streaming audio (plays Internet radio streams, Icecast, Shoutcast)
* Supports large media libraries
* Network music sources:
– SMB/CIFS network device (NAS or PC, Samba shares)
– UPnP/DLNA media server
– SFTP (over SSH) server
– FTP server
– WebDAV server
* Output to Chromecast (up to 24-bit, 192 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects)
* Output to UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer (up to 24-bit, 768 kHz, no limit for a format or DSP effects)
* Direct output to USB DAC (via USB OTG adapter, up to 32-bit, 768 kHz)
* UPnP/DLNA Media Renderer server (gapless, DSP effects)
* Device local music library management via internal FTP server
* DSP effects:
– Parametric Equalizer (4-60 band, fully configurable: type, frequency, Q, gain)
– Graphic EQ mode (21 presets)
– Frequency Response Correction (5000+ AutoEq presets for 2500+ headphones, user defined)
– Surround Sound (Ambiophonic RACE)
– Crossfeed (better stereo sound perception in headphones)
– Compressor / Limiter (compression of dynamic range)
– Time Delay (loudspeaker time alignment)
– Dithering (minimize quantization)
– Pitch, Tempo (playback speed and pitch correction)
– Phase Inversion (channel polarity change)
* Speaker overload protecting filters: Subsonic, Ultrasonic
* Normalization by Peak, RMS (Preamp gain calculation after DSP effects)
* Replay Gain from metadata
* Gapless playback
* Hardware and Preamp volume controls
* High quality real-time optional resampling
* Real-time Spectrum, Waveform, RMS analyzers
* Balance (L/R)
* Mono mode
* Profiles (multiple configurations)
* Playback modes: Shuffle, Loop, Single Track, Sequential, Queue
* Playlist management
* Media library grouping by: album, artist, composer, genre, year, rating, folder
* Artist grouping by ‘Album Artist’ category
* Tag editing: MP3, FLAC, OGG, APE, SPEEX, WAV, WV, M4A, MP4 (internal, SD [partial support], SMB, SFTP)
* Folder mode
* Clock mode
* Timers: sleep, wake
* Android Auto
Try Eval version before buying!
NEON optimized APK for 32-bit ARM CPUs:
Please report bugs directly by e-mail or via forum.
Follow us on Twitter:
7. Phonograph Music Player
The user interface matches every single detail of the material design guidelines to ensure Phonograph is an eye candy for you.
Easy to Use
No complicated or overblown menus but a familiar and clean interface.
Phonograph automatically downloads additional information about your artists such as their images or biographies. When you install the official Last.fm app, scrobbling will work right out of the box too.
The UI colors change dynamically to match the main contents base color.
There is an inbuilt theme engine with many different colors to choose from.
The tag editor allows you to easily edit the tags of your music files such as title, artist, album name (…) for single songs or whole albums. You can even either let Phonograph automatically download missing album covers for you (powered by Last.fm) or choose one from your internal storage.
And OF COURSE
– Phonograph has all standard features such as:
– Create and edit playlists
– Homescreen widget
– Lockscreen playback controls
– “Go-To Actions” such as jump from a song or an album right to its artist
Licenses for the album covers used in the screenshots: