If you are looking for the Best Android Open Source App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android Open Source App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android Open Source App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android Open Source App
FAST: Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market, connecting people via a unique, distributed network of data centers around the globe.
SYNCED: You can access your messages from all your phones, tablets and computers at once. Telegram apps are standalone, so you don’t need to keep your phone connected. Start typing on one device and finish the message from another. Never lose your data again.
UNLIMITED: You can send media and files, without any limits on their type and size. Your entire chat history will require no disk space on your device, and will be securely stored in the Telegram cloud for as long as you need it.
SECURE: We made it our mission to provide the best security combined with ease of use. Everything on Telegram, including chats, groups, media, etc. is encrypted using a combination of 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption, and Diffie–Hellman secure key exchange.
100% FREE & OPEN: Telegram has a fully documented and free API for developers, open source apps and verifiable builds to prove the app you download is built from the exact same source code that is published.
POWERFUL: You can create group chats with up to 200,000 members, share large videos, documents of any type (.DOCX, .MP3, .ZIP, etc.) up to 2 GB each, and even set up bots for specific tasks. Telegram is the perfect tool for hosting online communities and coordinating teamwork.
RELIABLE: Built to deliver your messages using as little data as possible, Telegram is the most reliable messaging system ever made. It works even on the weakest mobile connections.
FUN: Telegram has powerful photo and video editing tools, animated stickers and emoji, fully customizable themes to change the appearance of your app, and an open sticker/GIF platform to cater to all your expressive needs.
SIMPLE: While providing an unprecedented array of features, we take great care to keep the interface clean. Telegram is so simple you already know how to use it.
PRIVATE: We take your privacy seriously and will never give any third parties access to your data. You can delete any message you ever sent or received for both sides, at any time and without a trace. Telegram will never use your data to show you ads.
For those interested in maximum privacy, Telegram offers Secret Chats. Secret Chat messages can be programmed to self-destruct automatically from both participating devices. This way you can send all types of disappearing content — messages, photos, videos, and even files. Secret Chats use End-to-End Encryption to ensure that a message can only be read by its intended recipient.
We keep expanding the boundaries of what you can do with a messaging app. Don’t wait years for older messengers to catch up with Telegram — join the revolution today.”
2. Signal Private Messenger
“Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit:
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.”
3. SoundSpice Music Player
“SoundSpice is a light-weight and minimalist music player built while keeping aesthetics and user experience in mind. It uses Android’s latest & powerful audio engine to bring high quality sound to your ears.
1.100% free to use, no ads
2. Dark Mode
3. Realtime & automatic lyrics lookup
4. Skip certain folders from scan
5. Create playlists and add your favourite music
6. Share, rename, or delete music files
7. Morph navigation structure according to your needs
SoundSpice is open-source under an MIT license. You can check out the source code at https://github.com/farshed/SoundSpice-mobile
To report problems or request features, open an issue at https://github.com/farshed/SoundSpice-mobile/issues or 👍 an existing one. You can also shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Built-in metadata editor
– Automatic album art downloader
– Sync data across devices
– Ability to experiment with music using sound equalizer
– Online radio stations”
4. DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser
With one download you get a new everyday browser that offers seamless protections from third-party trackers while you search and browse, and even access to tracking protections when receiving email. With DuckDuckGo, privacy can be your default.
Search Privately — DuckDuckGo Private Search comes built-in so you can search the web without being tracked.
Escape Website Tracking — Tracker Radar automatically blocks hidden third-party trackers we can find lurking on websites you visit in DuckDuckGo, which stops the companies behind those trackers from collecting and selling your data.
Enforce Encryption — Smarter Encryption forces sites you visit in DuckDuckGo to use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection where available, protecting your data from prying eyes.
Block Email Trackers (Beta) — 70% of emails track you as soon as you open them. Enabling Email Protection is the easy way to block email trackers and hide your address without switching services. Join the private waitlist for the free beta version through the app settings menu.
The DuckDuckGo app has the browsing features you expect, like tabs and bookmarks, plus privacy controls you’ll love. Taking control of your privacy doesn’t have to mean making tradeoffs.
Tap Fire Button, Burn Data — Clear your tabs and browsing data with one tap of the Fire Button.
Signal Your Privacy Preference with GPC — Built into the app, Global Privacy Control (GPC) intends to help you express your legal opt-out rights automatically. This will tell websites not to sell or share your personal information under future legal frameworks (e.g., CCPA, GDPR) in various states or countries.
You don’t need to wait to take back your privacy. Join the millions of people using DuckDuckGo and protect many of your everyday online activities with one app. It’s privacy, simplified.
About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about
How It Works: https://duckduckgo.com/app
Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
Open Source: https://github.com/duckduckgo/Android”
Swipe the tiles to move. Get to 2048! (And keep going for a high score!)
This app will never have ads, enjoy!
Code is open source: http://github.com/tpcstld/2048
Logo by Margaret Lu.”