If you are looking for the Best Android Permission Manager App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Android Permission Manager App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Android Permission Manager App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Android Permission Manager App
1. Permission Manager X
Using eXtended Permission Manager, for each installed app, on single screen, you can:
– View, grant or revoke manifest permissions
– View AppOps permissions and choose one of multiple modes
– Set your desired reference value for every changeable permission
Manifest permissions are those normally called permissions e.g. Storage, Camera etc. AppOps (app operations) is a robust framework Android uses at back end for access control. They provide a fine-grained control over many of the manifest permissions. Plus it provides additional controls like background execution, vibration, clipboard access etc.
With every Android release manifest permissions are becoming more dependent on AppOps. So it’s fun to control both simultaneously and see how they relate to each other.
When you reinstall an app, or change your device, or upgrade your ROM, it’s a time-taking process to review all installed apps for granted permissions and revoke the unnecessary ones (after all privacy matters). PMX provides you the solution. Set reference states of permissions, which can be quickly backed up and restored, and colored bars at left make it quite easy to review packages and permissions at a glance.
We are here to explain.
Guide / FAQs: https://mirfatif.github.io/PermissionManagerX/help/help
It answers the basic questions including:
– What is PMX?
– Why do I need to use PMX?
– What are manifest permissions and AppOps?
– What are Permission References?
Are you concerned about Performance, Privacy and Control?
You can control, which apps:
– Run in background
– Keep your device awake
– Know about your location
– Can send SMS and make calls
– Read your contacts and logs
– Are aware of your accounts
– Are making sounds and vibrations
– Use camera and mic
– Access your files
– Can read and write to clipboard
– Can install other apps
And many more, depending on your device and Android version.
– Sort apps and permissions by different parameters
– Scheduled Checks to notify bad reference states
– Auto Revoke granted permissions with RED states
– Permission Watcher to remove unwanted permissions quickly
– Make changes to critical apps and permissions
– Multi-users / work profile support
– Auto create backup file on changes
– Search suggestions
– Theming options
– Permission summary view (upcoming)
– Batch operations (profiles) (upcoming)
Permission Watcher removes permissions as soon as you stop using an app. For details please see the help / guide linked above.
Required Privileges / Permissions:
– In order to let Permission Manager X serve you fully, either the device must be ROOTED or you need to enable ADB over network. Otherwise, very limited information is available.
– android.permission.INTERNET is required to use ADB over network. The only connections made outside the device are to check for app updates and to fetch help contents. We respect your privacy, so no data is collected.
– You need to uninstall the app installed from other sources before installing this one.
– The app is tested on stock Android 7-12. Some highly customized ROMs may behave unexpectedly.
And yes, the basic functionality of Permission Manager X is completely free and open-source. No ads, no trackers, no analytics. You are encouraged and requested to support the development.
Source code: https://github.com/mirfatif/PermissionManagerX
Want to get instant updates, test beta builds, and get direct support from the developer?
Join our Telegram support group: https://t.me/PermissionManagerX”
User guide: https://shizuku.rikka.app/guide/setup.html
Source code and developer guide: https://github.com/RikkaApps/Shizuku
3. AVG AntiVirus – Mobile Security & Privacy
“Get AVG AntiVirus FREE 2022 – Mobile Security for Android to help protect you from harmful viruses and malware. Keep your personal data safe with App Lock, Photo Vault, Wi-Fi Security Scan, Hack Alerts, Malware security, and App Permissions advisor.
Over 100,000,000 people already installed AVG’s antivirus mobile security apps. Join them now and:
✔ Scan apps, games, settings, and files in real-time
✔ Boost speed by killing tasks that slow down your device
✔ Clean unnecessary files to free up space
✔ Lock sensitive apps with a PIN, pattern, or fingerprint
✔ Enable locating your lost phone via Google Maps
✔ Hide private photos in an encrypted Vault
✔ Stay anonymous with VPN
✔ Scan Wi-Fi networks for threats
✔ Check Wi-Fi download and upload speed
✔ Receive alerts if your passwords have been leaked
✔ Get insight into the permission level of installed apps
With AVG AntiVirus FREE 2022 for Android you’ll receive effective virus and malware protection, phone locator, task killer, app lock, Wi-Fi Scanner, and photo vault to help shield you from threats to your privacy and online identity.
✔ Scan apps, games, and files with our antivirus and remove malicious content
✔ Scan websites for harmful threats
✔ Wi-Fi Scanner for network encryption
✔ Hack Alerts: Get warned if your passwords are compromised
✔ Hide private photos in a password-protected Vault to prevent snooping
✔ App Lock: lock sensitive apps to protect your privacy and safety
✔ VPN Protection: Secure your online privacy
✔ App Permissions: get insight into the level of permission required by your installed apps
✔ Kill tasks and processes that can slow down your phone or tablet
✔ Clean unnecessary files and free up storage space
✔ Check Wi-Fi download and upload speed
Use AVG AntiVirus FREE 2022 for Android together with AVG’s remote management console to:
✔ Locate your lost or stolen phone via Google Maps
✔ Lock your phone and set a lock screen message
✔ Make your phone sound a siren
✔ See which accounts have been compromised in past leaks
✔ Get warned if a new leak puts your data at risk
✔ Discover the details behind each leak and when they happened
✔ Change compromised passwords easily and quickly
✔ App usage tracker
✔ Monitor how you spend your time
✔ See where your data is used
✔ Discover potential privacy issues
This app uses the Device Administrator permission. This permission allows you to remotely lock and wipe your device from my.avg.com
This app uses Accessibility permission to protect visually impaired and other users against phishing attacks and malicious websites.
By installing or updating this app, you agree that your use of it is governed by these terms: http://m.avg.com/terms
Download Antivirus for Free Now!”
4. Permission Manager
“Permission Manager is one of the best apps that can help to track and manage app permissions.
* List dangerous permissions which app requested.
* Grant or deny app permissions for each application.
* Display granted permission when opening application.
* Quick access special permission..
If you have any problem while using the application, please give us some comments
we will check and update as soon as possible.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you very much!”
5. App Permission Manager
“App Permission manager : Know the permissions used by all installed apps in your device and it allows you to revoke permissions on one tap.
This App uses “Accessibly Service ” to perform revoke app permissions.
Get Notification of risk associated with newly installed app.
– You can check and allow/revoke following permissions
1. Installed apps permissions
2. Special permissions for apps
3. System apps permissions
4. Group permissions
For Android Version 6.0 and above
– Lists installed apps by their severity (High Risk, Medium Risk, Low Risk)
– Click on any app and you will get details of all permissions used by it.
– If you want to remove any risky permission, turn off button and click on APPLY CHANGES button.
– Some apps using background services. You can stop it by click on FORCE STOP button.
– If you want to KEEP app with known risk, click on KEEP button.
Please share you feedback for app improvement.”
6. aSpotCat – Permission Checker
“Which apps use services (like SMS) that cost your money?
Which apps use GPS to determine where you are and consume additional battery power?
aSpotCat lists installed apps by permission to help you find and uninstall the malicious apps.
It’s the best permission manager for your Android device.
No Notification Ads – we don’t use any notification ads.
No ads (PRO-only)
* Both “Internet” and “View network status” permissions are required by Google Ad component
* “Market billing” permission is required for purchasing the “No Ads” license
* “Read/Write external storage” permission is required for reading/writing the app log to SD
We have been selected as a Google I/O 2011 Developer Sandbox partner, for its innovative design and advanced technology.
French – Thibault Rohmer
German – Michel Mueller, Dirk Haar
Polish – Grzegorz Jabłoński
Russian – Идрис a.k.a. Мансур (Ghost-Unit), Roman Rublevskiy
Spanish – Lahiri López
Turkish – Mustafa COŞKUN
If you are interested in helping us to translate this app to your local language, please let me know. Thanks.”
7. Revo App Permission Manager
“Easy and useful app for managing all permissions used in background on your smartphone. Be always informed about what permissions you give access to, and what information the app is collecting.
• Lists installed apps according to their risk priority (High Risk, Medium Risk, Low Risk, No Risk)
• Search bar for easily finding of an app
• Detailed description of permission privileges the app enjoys.
• Easily remove any risky permissions
• Sort apps by high and low risk level
• Permission viewer: Filter easily apps by permission group categories /Calendar, Camera, Contacts, Location, Microphone, SMS, Storage, Phone, Sensors.
• App share
Now the Professional version of Revo App Permission Manager provides more control of everything. Take a look and see the risky permissions you are giving to some applications without knowing.
– Allows applications to discover and pair Bluetooth devices
– Allows applications to change Wi-Fi connectivity state
– Allows applications to open network sockets
– Allows an application to modify global audio settings
– Allows applications to perform I/O operations over NFC
– Allows a companion app to run in the background
– Allows using the device’s IR transmitter, if available
– Allows an app to use device supported biometric modalities
– Allows access to the vibrator
– Inn-app purchase and subscription
– Allows an application to send SMS messages
– Allows an application to record audio
– Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call
– Access to precise location
We know that your privacy and security is one of the most important things in terms of control and knowledge. Revo App Permission Manager gives you the power to be always informed and to have the ability to control without you even knowing with your most sensitive information, like location, contacts, camera and even microphone.
The main aim of the app permission is to protect the privacy of an Android user. Android apps must request permission to access sensitive user data such as Contacts and SMS, as well as certain system features such as Camera and Internet. Depending on the feature, the system might grant the permission automatically or might prompt the user to approve the request.
Q: Why do I need a Revo permission manager?
A: It is always a good idea to be aware what permissions the apps on your Android device are using in the background, especially if you don’t know for their purpose.
Q: What kind of permissions may be turned on without my knowledge?
A: You may be surprised, but even sensitive permissions, like access to your camera, microphone, and location, can often be enabled by a another app without your consent.
Q: What are the real benefits of using a Revo permission manager?
A: On first place, the main aim of the application is to guarantee your privacy. Let’s say you don’t want to share your location for a certain time, but you are not sure if there is an application which may be using it in background without your knowledge. Here comes the real need of a systemized information about what kind of permission is on this exact time and by which application.
Q: How I can get information about specific permissions?
A: Once you installed Revo App Permission Manager and start the application, you will see all risky categories in terms of potential high, medium or low risk. You can easily find the desired application in the search field or you can take a look on all apps through the risk categories. By selecting the app you are interested in you can see all the information about the current permissions the app is using and easily stop them.”