If you are looking for the Best Android Podcast App Free to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 5 Best Android Podcast App Free that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 5 Best Android Podcast App Free, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
5 Best Android Podcast App Free
Jealous of the cool new gesture navigation features on newer phones?
With Navigation Gestures, you don’t have to buy a new phone or wait for the next Android update to get swipe gesture controls. Navigation Gestures brings swipe gestures to any Android device! Replace the navigation bar buttons and get gesture controls with Navigation Gestures!
Best of all, Navigation Gestures can completely hide the stock navigation bar
without root! This is the first gesture control app with this feature.
Swipe left, right, up, or down. Swipe up and hold. Tap. Double tap. Long press. Go crazy and split the pill in 3! There’s a lot of ways you can use the gesture bar to control your phone. Don’t like how the gesture pill looks? Customize it!
Here’s everything you can do:
– Single tap
– Double tap
– Tap and hold (long press)
– Swipe up and hold
– Swipe left
– Swipe left and hold
– Swipe right
– Swipe right and hold
– Swipe up
– Swipe down
– Swipe up from left
– Swipe up and hold from left
– Swipe up from center
– Swipe up and hold from center
– Swipe up from right
– Swipe up and hold from right
– Recent apps
– Toggle split-screen (Android Nougat+)
– Open previous app (Android Nougat+)
– Open Assistant
– Hide pill
– Toggle navigation bar
– Pull down notifications
– Pull down quick settings
– Open power menu
– Skip to previous media track
– Skip to next media track
– Play/pause current media track
– Show keyboard switch dialog
– Launch app
– Lock screen
– Take screenshot
– Kill all background apps
– Rotate screen
– Toggle flashlight
– Toggle Bluetooth
– Toggle WiFi
– Toggle battery saver
– Toggle screen timeout
– Open volume panel
– Launch Activity
– Launch Shortcut
– Trigger Tasker Event
– Send Intent
– Toggle auto brightness
– Lower brightness
– Raise brightness
– Open app drawer
– Lower volume
– Raise volume
– Cycle ringer mode
– Toggle media volume mute
– Kill all background apps
– Hold back
– Go forward
– Open menu
– Kill current app
– Accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Choose accessibility button (Android Oreo+)
– Send keycode
– Send long-press keycode
– Send double-press keycode
Appearance (all free)
– Customize pill color
– Customize pill transparency
– Customize pill border color
– Customize pill corner radius
– Customize pill width/height
– Customize pill X/Y position
Behavior (all free)
– Blacklist pill/show NavBar in selected apps
– Customize sensitivity
– Customize vibration duration
– Customize animation duration
– Automatically hide pill after delay
– Many more
Setting up ADB: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/
– If your system navigation bar keeps hiding itself, run this ADB command:
adb shell settings delete global policy_control
Or, hit the “PROBLEMS?” button on the main screen and select the option that describes this issue.
– If you uninstalled the app without turning off “Hide Navigation Bar,” run this ADB command:
adb shell wm overscan reset
– If your lock screen icons are cut off, go to Settings>>Behavior>>Blacklisting and enable Don’t Hide NavBar on Lock Screen
Please visit this page for more details on the latest release and to find answers to frequently asked questions.
Check out the official XDA forum thread to leave feedback.
Please visit the GitHub page to report any issues you find.”
2. Podcast Addict: Podcast player
Podcast Addict allows you to manage Podcast, Radio, Audiobook, Live stream, YouTube, SoundCloud channels and RSS News feeds from a single app.
Getting started: https://podcastaddict.com/getting_started
Bugs & Suggestions: http://bit.ly/podcastAddict
Minimal permission requirement
Please contact me in case you have any issue/question.
The app is free and unrestricted. It displays a small ad banner at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to support Podcast Addict and/or disable the ad banner, you can do so via an In-App purchase.
SUBSCRIPTION / DISCOVERY
• Search by podcast name or keywords (5M podcasts / 100M+ episodes)
• Use the search engine of your choice: Podcast Addict, Apple Podcast or The Podcast Index
• Browse popular podcasts by category
• Browse podcast networks (NPR, Gimlet, BBC, Serial, Ted Talks, …)
• Get custom recommendations based on your subscriptions
• Find similar podcasts to the one you listen to
• Paste the podcast RSS/ATOM feed url. Also works with iTunes / Apple Podcast, SoundCloud, YouTube channels and playlists urls
• Support private / premium podcasts via RSS feeds
PLAYBACK / AUDIO EFFECTS
• Built-in audio effects such as playback speed, volume boost, skip silence, mono playback. Works while streaming or playing downloaded files
• Variable playback speed for video podcasts
• Multiple playlists support
• Advanced playback features like Shuffle mode, Loop mode and Sleep timer
• Works as a standalone player (MP3, Audiobook, local files, streaming)
• Full chapter support (with images, links, …)
• Chromecast support (with local files/audiobooks support)
• SONOS support
• Automatic update, download, playlist & deletion (Set a specific time so your favorite podcasts can be downloaded before you wake up)
• Custom settings by podcast
• Control the app through Intents with 3rd party apps
• Alarm clock to wake up to your favorite podcast, radio, audiobook, playlist
• Automatic cloud backup
• Import/ export subscriptions (OPML file compatible with other podcast apps)
• SD card storage
• Podcasts reviews (both from Podcast Addict and from Apple podcast)
• Reorder podcast and radio subscriptions by drag and drop
• Android wear notifications & controls, Android Auto, Pebble …
• Live stream radio search engine (150K radio stations)
• Bookmarks / Notes
• Premium / private / Authenticated feeds & podcasts
• Search based podcasts (handle a search request as a podcast)
• Virtual podcasts / Audiobooks (handle a folder content as a podcast)
• Visual customization
• Full screen reading mode for RSS news feed
• Advanced filtering by type/keywords/duration to show/hide episodes
• Advanced sharing features (full description, Twitter, …)
• Playback Statistics
• Chinese: HK Reporter
• English: 5by5, BBC, CBS Radio News, CBS Sport Radio, CNN, Criminal, Crooked Media, Earwolf, ESPN, FrogPants, Gimlet, LibriVox, Loyal Books, MSNBC, My Favorite Murder, NASA, Nerdist, Netflix, NPR, Parcast, PodcastOne, Podiobooks, Public Radio International (PRI), Radiotopia, Relay FM, Serial, Showtime, Slate, Smodcast, S-Town, The Guardian, This American Life (TAL), Ted Talks, The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE), True Crime, TWiT, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), Wondery
• French: Jazz Radio, Radio Campus Paris, Radio Canada, Radio France, Virgin Radio
• German: Deutsche Welle, DRadio Wissen, ORF, SRF, ZDF, WDR
• Italian: Radio24, Rai Radio 1 & 2 & 3
• Misc: 103fm”
3. Google Podcasts
Discover podcasts you’ll love
● Subscribe and listen to all your favoritepodcasts.
● Explore show and episode recommendations just for you.
● Browse popular and trending shows in comedy, news, sports, and more.
Customize your listening experience
● Listen at faster playback speeds or skip over silences.
● Queue up episodes for a seamless listening experience.
● Easily keep track of your listening history, downloads, and subscriptions.
Listen wherever you are
● Listen on multiple devices – phone, laptop, smart speaker – without losing your place.
● Auto-download shows to listen offline and on the go.
● Discover podcasts using Google Search and Google Assistant.
To learn more, visit our Help Center: https://support.google.com/websearch/topic/9739148?hl=en&ref_topic=3036132&p=podcasts&visit_id=637190448011338458-2709322194&rd=1″
4. RadioPublic: Free Podcast App For Android
“You’re ready to find something good to listen to. Whether you Google “podcasts” as a first-time podcast listener or you’re a long-time podcast addict, RadioPublic’s free, easy to use podcast player for Android makes listening to podcasts simple, enjoyable, & fun. (Also: free. We like that podcasts are free & we don’t provide our app for free at the expense of your privacy or personal data; we don’t require an account or social login to browse or listen. And unlike other free apps, we have no banner ads AND offer features that only paid apps have.)
Our podcast catalog
When you download the app through a podcast’s RadioPublic link, we magically return you to the show to listen^ subscribe If you’re not sure what else to add to your queue after that, you can search through our catalog of 500,000 podcasts (!!) for popular podcasts, podcast audio books, music podcasts (Spotify & Pandora aren’t the only places for listening to music!), & podcasts from networks like Gimlet, Radiotopia, BBC, Earwolf, Maximum Fun, HowStuffWorks, Stitcher, & the CBC or from news publications like The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, & USA Today.
The human touch
Our Podcast Librarians regularly highlight award-winning podcasts, picking shows at the top of podcast charts like Apple Podcasts from NPR, WNYC, & PRX like This American Life, Criminal, & Serial while digging deep to surface small indie podcasts.
Overwhelmed by all the choices?
Tune in to one of our podcast stations organized by topic, theme, or time of day (podcasts are perfect for folding laundry!). Browse our podcast playlists curated by podcast experts & listeners like you, or explore some of our popular categories like Trending on RadioPublic, Indies to Watch, News & Current Events, Portraits of People, Interviews with Musicians, & Shows that Talk about Pop Culture. All our podcast recommendations are hand-curated by real humans & as one happy listener said, “I love all of the recommendations from their librarians. Total game changer.” (We couldn’t agree more.)
Key benefits & features for new listeners
RadioPublic is a Public Benefit Corporation, which means that everything we do benefits podcast listeners & podcasters alike.
• Add a HearMark™ to any podcast episode to bookmark a moment you want to return to
• Download episodes while on WiFi & listen without using mobile data
• Tap play & stream podcast episodes without waiting for a download
• Create a continuous playlist by adding episodes to your queue
• Share podcasts & episodes with friends
• Follow your favorite shows & get notified when new episodes are published
• Hop to a specific moment in a show selected by a podcaster with chapter support
• Frequent app updates from nice people who love podcasts & podcasters. (Our release notes are a thing of beauty. We like Canadian references a lot.)
Features power users will love
• Adjust playback speed or Trim Silence
• Smart Folders help organize & filter your shows/episodes
• Auto-downloads for offline listening
• Add any podcast, including private Patreon RSS feeds
• Import/export your shows using OPML import
How podcasters benefit from listening on RadioPublic
• Podcasters can be paid when their show is heard in RadioPublic
• Your brand-new listeners arrive at your show first
• Stats appear in your hosting dashboard
• Message your most loyal listeners with Affinity Promotions
As one happy podcaster said, “RadioPublic’s development of Paid Listens is created with producers in mind. You all are going to revolutionize the industry.”
That revolution is to help us create the podcast republic we want. Happy listening!”
5. Pocket Casts – Podcast Player
“Pocket Casts is the world’s most powerful podcast platform, an app by listeners, for listeners. Our podcast player provides next-level listening, search and discovery tools. Find your next obsession with our hand curated podcast recommendations for easy discovery, and seamlessly enjoy your favorite shows without the hassle of subscribing.
Here’s what the press has to say:
Android Central: “Pocket Casts is the best podcast app for Android”
The Verge: “The best podcast app for Android”
Named Google Play Top Developer, Google Play Editors’ Choice, and recipient of the Google Material Design Award.
Still not convinced? Allow us to walk you through some of our features:
BEST IN SHOW
Material design: Your podcasts have never looked so beautiful, colors change to complement podcast artwork
Themes: Whether you’re a dark or light theme person we’ve got you covered. We even have you OLED lovers covered with our Extra Dark theme.
Everywhere: Android Auto, Chromecast, Alexa and Sonos. Listen to your podcasts in more places than ever before.
Up next: Automatically build a playback queue from your favorite shows. Sign in and have that Up Next queue sync to all your devices.
Trim silence: Cut silences from episodes so you finish them faster, saving hours.
Variable speed: Change the play speed from anywhere between 0.5 to 3x.
Volume boost: Increase the volume of voices, while decreasing background noise.
Stream: Play episodes on the fly.
Chapters: Jump between chapters easily, and enjoy embedded artwork that the author has added (we support MP3 and M4A chapter formats).
Audio & video: Play all of your favorite episodes, toggle video to audio.
Skip playback: Skip episode intros, jump through episodes with custom skip intervals.
Android Wear: Control playback from your wrist.
Sleep timer: We’ll pause your episode so you can rest your weary head.
Chromecast: Cast episodes straight to your TV with a single tap.
Sonos: Browse and play your podcasts directly from the Sonos app.
Android Auto: browse your podcasts and filters to find an interesting episode, then control playback. All without ever touching your phone.
Sync: Subscriptions, Up Next, listening history, playback and filters are all securely stored in the cloud. You can pick up where you left off on another device and even the web.
Refresh: Let our servers check for new episodes, so you can get on with your day.
Notifications: We’ll let you know when new episodes arrive, if you like.
Auto download: Automatically download episodes for offline playback.
Filters: Custom filters will organize your episodes.
Storage: All the tools you need to keep your podcasts tamed.
ALL YOUR FAVORITES
Discover: Subscribe to any podcast in iTunes and more. Browse by charts, networks and categories.
Share: Spread the word with podcast and episode sharing.
OPML: Jump on board without any hassle with OPML import. Export your collection at any time.
There are many more powerful, straight-forward features that make Pocket Casts the perfect podcasting app for you. So what are you waiting for?
Visit pocketcasts.com for more info about the web and other platforms supported by Pocket Casts.”