If you are looking for the Best Android Podcast App Reddit 2020 to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the Best Android Podcast App Reddit 2020 that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the Best Android Podcast App Reddit 2020, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
Best Android Podcast App Reddit 2020
1. Podcast Addict: Podcast player
Podcast Addict allows you to manage Podcast, Radio, Audiobook, Live stream, YouTube, SoundCloud channels and RSS News feeds from a single app.
Getting started: https://podcastaddict.com/getting_started
Bugs & Suggestions: http://bit.ly/podcastAddict
Minimal permission requirement
Please contact me in case you have any issue/question.
The app is free and unrestricted. It displays a small ad banner at the bottom of the screen.
If you want to support Podcast Addict and/or disable the ad banner, you can do so via an In-App purchase.
SUBSCRIPTION / DISCOVERY
• Search by podcast name or keywords (5M podcasts / 100M+ episodes)
• Use the search engine of your choice: Podcast Addict, Apple Podcast or The Podcast Index
• Browse popular podcasts by category
• Browse podcast networks (NPR, Gimlet, BBC, Serial, Ted Talks, …)
• Get custom recommendations based on your subscriptions
• Find similar podcasts to the one you listen to
• Paste the podcast RSS/ATOM feed url. Also works with iTunes / Apple Podcast, SoundCloud, YouTube channels and playlists urls
• Support private / premium podcasts via RSS feeds
PLAYBACK / AUDIO EFFECTS
• Built-in audio effects such as playback speed, volume boost, skip silence, mono playback. Works while streaming or playing downloaded files
• Variable playback speed for video podcasts
• Multiple playlists support
• Advanced playback features like Shuffle mode, Loop mode and Sleep timer
• Works as a standalone player (MP3, Audiobook, local files, streaming)
• Full chapter support (with images, links, …)
• Chromecast support (with local files/audiobooks support)
• SONOS support
• Automatic update, download, playlist & deletion (Set a specific time so your favorite podcasts can be downloaded before you wake up)
• Custom settings by podcast
• Control the app through Intents with 3rd party apps
• Alarm clock to wake up to your favorite podcast, radio, audiobook, playlist
• Automatic cloud backup
• Import/ export subscriptions (OPML file compatible with other podcast apps)
• SD card storage
• Podcasts reviews (both from Podcast Addict and from Apple podcast)
• Reorder podcast and radio subscriptions by drag and drop
• Android wear notifications & controls, Android Auto, Pebble …
• Live stream radio search engine (150K radio stations)
• Bookmarks / Notes
• Premium / private / Authenticated feeds & podcasts
• Search based podcasts (handle a search request as a podcast)
• Virtual podcasts / Audiobooks (handle a folder content as a podcast)
• Visual customization
• Full screen reading mode for RSS news feed
• Advanced filtering by type/keywords/duration to show/hide episodes
• Advanced sharing features (full description, Twitter, …)
• Playback Statistics
• Chinese: HK Reporter
• English: 5by5, BBC, CBS Radio News, CBS Sport Radio, CNN, Criminal, Crooked Media, Earwolf, ESPN, FrogPants, Gimlet, LibriVox, Loyal Books, MSNBC, My Favorite Murder, NASA, Nerdist, Netflix, NPR, Parcast, PodcastOne, Podiobooks, Public Radio International (PRI), Radiotopia, Relay FM, Serial, Showtime, Slate, Smodcast, S-Town, The Guardian, This American Life (TAL), Ted Talks, The Joe Rogan Experience (JRE), True Crime, TWiT, Wall Street Journal (WSJ), Wondery
• French: Jazz Radio, Radio Campus Paris, Radio Canada, Radio France, Virgin Radio
• German: Deutsche Welle, DRadio Wissen, ORF, SRF, ZDF, WDR
• Italian: Radio24, Rai Radio 1 & 2 & 3
• Misc: 103fm”
“AntennaPod is a podcast manager and player that gives you instant access to millions of free and paid podcasts, from independent podcasters to large publishing houses such as the BBC, NPR and CNN. Add, import and export their feeds hassle-free using the iTunes podcast database, OPML files or simple RSS URLs.
Download, stream or queue episodes and enjoy them the way you like with adjustable playback speeds, chapter support and a sleep timer.
Save effort, battery power and mobile data usage with powerful automation controls for downloading episodes (specify times, intervals and WiFi networks) and deleting episodes (based on your favourites and delay settings).
Made by podcast-enthusiasts, AntennaPod is free in all senses of the word: open source, no costs, no ads.
Import, organize and play
• Manage playback from anywhere: homescreen widget, system notification and earplug and bluetooth controls
• Add and import feeds via the iTunes and gPodder.net directories, OPML files and RSS or Atom links
• Enjoy listening your way with adjustable playback speed, chapter support, remembered playback position and an advanced sleep timer (shake to reset, lower volume)
• Access password-protected feeds and episodes
Keep track, share & appreciate
• Keep track of the best of the best by marking episodes as favourites
• Find that one episode through the playback history or by searching titles and shownotes
• Share episodes and feeds through advanced social media and email options, the gPodder.net services and via OPML export
Control the system
• Take control over automated downloading: choose feeds, exclude mobile networks, select specific WiFi networks, require the phone to be charging and set times or intervals
• Manage storage by setting the amount of cached episodes, smart deletion and selecting your preferred location
• Adapt to your environment using the light and dark theme
• Back-up your subscriptions with the gPodder.net integration and OPML export
Join the AntennaPod community!
AntennaPod is under active development by volunteers. You can contribute too, with code or with comment!
Our friendly forum members are happy to help with every question you have. You are invited to discuss features and podcasting in general, too.
Transifex is the place to help with translations: