If you are looking for the Best Android Roku Remote App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android Roku Remote App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android Roku Remote App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android Roku Remote App
1. Roku – Official Remote Control
Use the free Roku® mobile app to:
• Control your Roku devices with a convenient remote
• Use your voice or keyboard to quickly search for entertainment
• Enjoy private listening with headphones
• Stream free movies, live TV, and more on the go with The Roku Channel
• Cast media files from your phone, like videos and photos, to your TV
• Add and launch channels on your Roku devices
• Enter text on your Roku device more easily with your mobile keyboard
You must connect your phone or tablet to the same wireless network as your Roku device to use certain features of the mobile app. Some features require a compatible Roku device and may require logging into your Roku account.
• Voice search is available in English in the US, UK, and Canada. It’s also available in Spanish in Mexico and the US.
• The Roku Channel can be viewed in the mobile app in the US only.
• Some channels require payment, can change, and vary by country.
For more information and troubleshooting, go to http://support.roku.com
2. Remote Control for Roku
“Rokie is the best remote control unit for Roku Streaming Player and Roku TV. Magnificent design, intuitive interface, no pileup of buttons or complex settings. Thanks to this application, access to movies, music and games will become simpler and easier, and you will love your Roku even more. All you need is connect your Android device and Roku to the same Wi-Fi network.
Do you need a free Roku remote? Rokie app will help you easily control your media player. You will be able to control the playback of your content, run applications on Roku and enter text. A large touchpad will make navigation through the menu and content incredibly handy.
Rokie is also a remote for Roku TV. You will be able to adjust the volume of your Roku TV and switch channels. The app supports automatic connection to your media player. Now your Roku remote is ready to work right after launching.
Why you should choose Rokie:
– Compatible with all Roku TVs including TCL, Sharp, Insignia, Hitachi;
– Roku remote controls;
– Automatic connection to Roku;
– Handy list of apps with large icons;
– Adjusting the volume and switching TV channels on Roku TV;
– Use the keypad to quickly enter text;
– Navigation using the buttons or touchpad;
– Content playback control;
– Simple and user-friendly interface;
– Wear OS;
– Rokie is compatible with all Roku models including Streaming Stick, Express, Express+, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra, Roku TV (TCL, Sharp, Insignia, Hisense, RCA, Hitachi);
– Some applications like YouTube and Hulu+ have their own screen keyboards and do not take input from the Android keyboard;
Kraftwerk 9, Inc is not an affiliated entity of Roku, Inc, and Rokie application is not an official product of Roku, Inc.”
3. Roku Remote Control: RoByte
• No Setup required, RoByte automatically scans for your device
• Easy channel switcher
• Use your keyboard for super fast text & voice entry on channels like Netflix or Hulu.
• View all your TV channels and jump directly to the one you like.
• Adjust your Roku TV’s volume and toggle the input.
• Tablet support
• Android Wear support, quick access to play/pause from your wrist
• Navigate using D-pad or Swipe-Pad
• Pair with multiple Roku devices
• Customizable Widgets turn your Android homescreen into a Roku remote
• Option to keep the wifi from sleeping
• Built with material design for Android Lollipop
RoByte Free features:
• Roku remote control
• Play/pause, fast forward, rewind
• Pair with multiple Roku devices
RoByte Premium features:
• Channel switcher
• TV Channels & Volume
• Keyboard & Voice Search
• Homescreen widgets
• Android Wear support
With RoByte we wanted everyone to have the best Roku remote app so we made the remote control functionality free.
• Most problems connecting to your Roku can be resolved by simply reinstalling RoByte.
• RoByte can only connect if you are on the same wifi network as your Roku device.
This Roku remote is not designed to control Roku SoundBridge”
4. Open Source Roku Remote
· Control your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Browse, add, and rate Channels from more than 2,000 streaming channels offered in the Roku Channel Store.
· Quickly launch your favorite Roku Channels on your Roku player or Roku TV from your mobile device.
· Enter text in your Roku player on-screen interface using your device’s keyboard instead of the included remote.
· Name and switch between multiple Roku players and Roku TVs.
. Additional features include shake to pause, voice search, homescreen widget and notification controls.
THIS APP REQUIRES A ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV
To use this app, you must connect your Android device to the same network as your Roku player or Roku TV.
HAVING TROUBLE FINDING YOUR ROKU PLAYER OR ROKU TV?
Note: If the app does not recognize your Roku player or Roku TV (you see a “No Roku Devices Found” message after you sign in), try going to network setup again on your Roku player or Roku TV. This will wake your Roku player or Roku TV on your home network. Then, select “Try Again” in the Roku app.
Go to https://github.com/wseemann/RoMote for FAQs or to get help.”
5. Remote Control for Roku TV
– Auto detect Roku TV, Roku Player
– Work with all Roku versions
– A large touchpad for menu and content navigation
– Launching of channels directly from the application
– Fast & easy keyboard
This application is not an official product of Roku, Inc.”
6. Roku Remote: RoSpikes (WiFi & IR)
“RoSpikes is a best free and simple app to control Roku Streaming Dongles and Roku TVs such as Haier/Hisense/Philips/Sharp/TCL/Element/Insignia/Hitachi, RCA Roku TVs.
Stream your Photos, Music and Video on big TV screen vai PlayOnRoku feature. It Supports WiFi and IR modes. Enjoy easy and neat UI with top features.
✓ No Manual Setups. Automatic Scan of Roku Devices
✓ All Roku Remote buttons are supported
✓ Watch Photos/Music/Video of your phone on your big TV Screen
✓ Do’t have WiFi? No worry use IR Mode to Control Roku without WiFi
✓ Access Roku Channels directly from RoSpikes app like YouTube, Netflix, Prime, Hulu etc
✓ Power ON/OFF and Volume Adjustments
✓ Write Text from Phone to TV directly with inbuilt fast keyboard.
✓ Toggle Input HDMI Sources
✓ Shake Phone to Play/Pause
✓ Realistic Clean UI with Long press support on navigational buttons
✓ Photos Slideshow is supported
Supported Roku Devices
– Streaming Stick Express , Express+, Premiere, Premiere+, Ultra
– Roku TVs Philips, TCL, Hisense, Sharp, Haier, Element, Insignia, Hitachi, RCA Roku TV
WiFi Mode: Your Roku Device and Android phone must be connected to the same WiFi network
IR Mode: Your Android Phone must have Inbuilt Infrared IR blaster
* You can choose Modes from RoSpikes app navigational drawer
* Few Apps Like YouTube does not support keyboard
How to Use
We are NOT affiliated with Roku, Inc. and this app is an Unofficial product.
Install this RoSpikes Roku Remote controller app and use lots of other features like Casting Local Media, Control vai IR Infrared, Audio/Video player, Shaking feature etc.
Please do not give low rating to our app without trying it fully. Drop us an email in case if any issue is found. This app is properly tested and policy compliant.”