If you are looking for the Best Android Satellite Tracking App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 7 Best Android Satellite Tracking App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 7 Best Android Satellite Tracking App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
7 Best Android Satellite Tracking App
1. Star Walk – Night Sky Map and Stargazing Guide
Enjoy satellites overhead, find planets and identify stars in the night sky, learn astronomy, and find out all the secrets of the outer space. Explore the stars and the whole universe right now with Star Walk.
Star Walk – Night Sky Guide: Planets and Stars Map is a perfect educational tool for astronomy stargazing for space enthusiasts of all ages. It can be used by teachers of science during the astronomy lesson, by students for preparing projects about stars, planets and constellations, by parents to introduce their children to the basics of astronomy and by anyone interested in our universe and the sky above.
Your interactive night sky guide to planets, stars and constellations.
Main features of our stargazer app:
✦ Constellations and stars in real time. You’re presented with the sky map of stars and constellations on the night sky when you open the app. Learn all about celestial bodies (general info, gallery, Wikipedia articles, astronomy facts).
✦ With our constellation star finder you’ll easily identify stars and planets in the sky. Move your device around, and this app will calculate the device’s orientation and also your GPS location, so it will provide you with an accurate presentation of the arrangement of celestial bodies in the night sky.*
✦ Use Time Machine to diversify sky observation and explore the sky map of different periods. To do this, tap the clock icon in the top left corner and slide the right edge dial down for the past and up for the future position sky objects.
✦ Identify stars, constellations and planets in the night sky with our mobile observatory. Night mode bathes the interface in a red glow in order to make the sky observation more comfortable for your eyes.
✦ This night sky viewer allows you to change the colour of the display to represent various kinds of radiation: gamma, X-Ray, visible spectrum, Infrared, and Radio, etc. Explore the map of the sky in its various representations.
✦ Star Walk’s mobile observatory also gives astronomy facts and daily stats like sunrise and sunset times, visible planets, moon phases and much more. You won’t need astronomy books and atlases.
✦ AR stargazing. Enjoy map of the sky, stars and planets in augmented reality. With our star chart app you can merge live footage from your camera with the app’s presentation of the night sky.
*This feature (Star Spotter) is available for devices with digital compass. If your device does not have the digital compass, use your fingers to change the view of the sky map.
NO INTERNET CONNECTION IS REQUIRED. Go stargazing anywhere!
The app contains a subscription (STAR WALK PLUS).
STAR WALK PLUS removes ads from the app and gives you access to deep space objects, meteor showers, dwarf planets, asteroids, comets, and satellites. It offers a one-week free trial followed by an auto-renewing subscription. The subscription can be managed in the Google Play store.
Stars: Sun, Sirius, Canopus, Alpha Centauri, Arcturus, Vega, Capella, Spica, Castor, etc.
Planets: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, etc.
Meteor showers: Perseids, Lyrids, Aquarids, Geminids, Ursids, etc.
Constellations: Andromeda, Aquarius, Cancer, Capricornus, Cassiopeia, Pisces, Sagittarius, Scorpius, Ursa Major, etc.
Satellites: Hubble, SEASAT, ERBS, ISS, Aqua, Envisat, Suzaku, Daichi, Genesis, etc.
Get a little closer to the deep sky with Star Walk!”
2. SkySafari 6 Pro
“SkySafari 6 Pro will revolutionize your astronomical viewing experience. It has the largest database of any astronomy app, includes every solar system object ever discovered, offers unparalleled accuracy, flawless telescope control, and provides the very best experience under the stars when you depend on it. Discover why SkySafari 6 Pro is the #1 recommended astronomy app for serious amateur astronomers since 2009.
Here’s what’s new in version 6:
1) Clouds and Astronomy. Two words that rarely go together. SkySafari 6 Pro will (optionally) back up all of your observing data in our secure cloud storage and make it easily accessible to multiple devices as well as from our new web interface, LiveSky.com.
2) We Have The Best Stars. Precise, modern and deep. We’ve updated our star catalog to use the latest and greatest, UCAC5 star catalog. If 25 million stars down to 15th magnitude isn’t enough for you, an easy in-app purchase gets you down to 16.5 magnitude and a whopping 100 million stars!
3) We Have The Best Galaxies. The PGC catalog includes galaxies down to 18th magnitude. Want more galaxies? How about 2.6 million more? An in-app purchase gives you access to the largest galaxy database available for your device.
4) Observers First. A redesign of our tools puts the active observer first. Quick access to features like your equipment, observing sites, lists, and observations make it easy and enjoyable to get out, observe, and record your observations. The observing sessions feature lets you collect your observations into groups that span a few hours, or a few nights.
5) Graph It. The completely new graph tool will give a quick visual representation of an object’s altitude above the horizon. Essential for planning your night’s observations.
6) Plan It. Make the most of your time under the stars. Our updated planner is a powerful tool that lets you create a list of targets for your observing session with filters like object types, specific time ranges, constellation, catalog, and more. Plan it and get more done.
7) Tilt It. Every old astronomy app these days lets your tilt and pan your device to show different parts of the sky, but who else lets you control your telescope that way!? “Tilt to slew” is an optional mode allowing you to keep your eye in the eyepiece, and, using the accelerometers in your device, gently translate the movements of your hands into smooth telescope motion.
8) Share It. SkySafari 6 is more than just a mobile app, it’s a new system to help organize and share your observing experiences. With a free signup, you can see and share your observing data from our web portal, LiveSky.com! Affordable premium memberships add online editing, so you can not only view, but edit your observations, add new observing sites, manage your equipment and more. Finally, you can view, edit and manage your settings files with SkySafari Web, our fully functional web version.
If you haven’t used SkySafari 6 Pro before, here’s what you can do with it:
• Hold your device up, and SkySafari 6 Pro will find stars, constellations, planets, and more! The star chart updates automatically with your movements for the ultimate stargazing experience.
• Simulate the night sky up to 10,000 years in the past or future! Animate meteor showers, conjunctions, eclipses, and other celestial events.
• Control your telescope, log and plan your observations.
• Night Vision.
• Orbit Mode. Leave the Earth’s surface behind, and fly through our solar system.
• Galaxy View shows the position of deep sky objects in our Milky Way!
• Much more!”
3. ISS Detector Satellite Tracker
“Have you seen the International Space Station? It is visible with the naked eye!
This is the easiest way to spot the station.
ISS Detector will tell you when and where to look for the ISS. You get an alarm a few minutes before a pass. You will never miss it. ISS Detector will also check if the weather conditions are right. A clear sky is perfect for spotting.
Extensions will enhance the functionality of ISS Detector. With an in-app purchase you can add many famous satellites and amateur radio satellites. See the Starlink satellite trains, Hubble space telescope, rocket bodies, comets, planets and many bright satellites.
Available Extensions (in-app purchase):
Radio Amateur Satellites: Track dozens of ham and weather satellites. Transmitter information and real-time Doppler frequencies.
Starlink and Famous Objects: Track SpaceX Starlink satellite trains, Hubble Space Telescope, rocket bodies, bright satellites and more.
Comets and Planets: Track all planets. And track comets as they come closer to earth and become bright enough to see.”
4. Satellite Tracker by Star Walk
Ever wanted to observe the International Space Station crossing your sky or find out where the ISS and other man-made satellites are right now? With Satellite Tracker by Star Walk app you can easily find out where any satellite can be seen from different locations in the world and get pass predictions for their passes. This app was made specifically for easy and comfortable real-time satellite tracking.
Main features of Satellite Tracker:
✔️️ A collection of outstanding satellites with core info about them
✔️️ Simple and easy to use satellite finder and tracker in real time
✔️ Satellite flyby timer for astronomy enthusiasts
✔️ Starlink satellite tracker
✔️ Pass predictions
✔️ Hand-picked passes
✔️ Location choice
✔️ Satellites live view in real time in the sky
✔️ Fly-with-satellite view
✔️ Satellite orbit over the Earth
This satellite viewer app includes: International Space Station (ISS), Starlink Satellites, SpaceX Crew Dragon (Dragon 2), ADEOS II, Ajisai, Akari, ALOS, Aqua, Envisat, ERBS, Genesis I, Genesis II, Hubble Space Telescope, Resurs – DK No.1, Seasat, and other satellites.*
Where is the ISS right now? Can it be seen from Earth? How to find and track Starlink satellites in the sky? Get the answers with Satellite Tracker app.
From the developers of famous astronomical app Star Walk, winner of the Apple Design Award 2010, loved by more than 10 million users around the world.
How to use this satellite viewer app?
Select any satellite from the list and see its current location in the sky in real time or track satellite live orbiting the Earth. Don’t miss the satellites as they pass over your location – use flyby timer and see how much time left before the next flyby of ISS or other satellite.
Get precise predictions when a visible satellite will be in the sky above your location. The alert will let you know that in few minutes the ISS or other satellite will start moving across the sky. Open the app and follow the directions where to look. The list of passes lets you set any alert (one or more) for the satellite’s pass you’d like to witness.
Choose fly-with-satellite view and enjoy the 3D image of the satellite flying over the Earth with the real speed and location. While flying explore the detailed 3D model of the satellite.
Want to find satellites overhead in the sky in real time by yourself? Follow the special pointer and see the light of the flying satellite over your location. With our satellite finder identifying satellites is really easy.
Choose either to determine your location automatically, set it manually from the list or enter the coordinates. Your location is marked with a pin on Earth so you can see where you are in relation to the moving satellite, see for yourself.
You will have great fun finding and tracking satellites with our satellite viewer app. This can be also a great educational activity for kids.
*The ISS is available by default. Other satellites are available when subscribed.
The app contains ads which can be removed with a subscription.
With SATELLITES LIVE you get instant ad-free access to tracking satellites live orbiting over Earth and in the sky, the timer for the next appearance, and alerts about the nearest flybys.
SATELLITES LIVE is a renewable subscription with 1-week FREE trial that gives you access to content from within the app on an ongoing basis. At the end of each subscription duration (1 month), the subscription will automatically renew until you choose to cancel it and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Users can manage their subscriptions in the Google Play store.
Never miss satellites passing by in the sky with Satellite Tracker app!”
“When can I see the ISS? What’s that light in the sky? The official Heavens-Above app provides you with precise pass predictions for the ISS, visible satellites and radio satellites. Main features include:
Live sky chart
See what’s in the sky above you right now or at a given moment.
Get precise predictions for passes of the International Space Station (ISS) and most visible satellites.
Get passes for amateur radio satellites, complete with uplink and downlink information.
Find the location of bright comets, including NEOWISE, in the sky.
All calculations performed locally
Predictions are generated right on your phone so you only need a data connection every few days.
Orbit and ground track
See details about the orbit of any selected satellite rendered and with all relevant data.
Get detailed information about any satellite, as provided by our Heavens-Above website.
Get a visual overview over passes and animate the position of satellites on the sky chart and on the ground track.
An optional red on black color scheme to preserve your night vision.
Easily find or identify any object in the sky by orienting your device towards it.
Quickly add interesting passes to your calendar so you won’t miss them.
Financed by adverts
This version integrates advertisements to make it available for free. Get Heavens-Above Pro to remove the adverts.”
6. Orbit – Satellite Tracking
Select from the following satellite constellations:
7. Look4Sat: Satellite tracker
Thanks to the huge database provided by Celestrak and SatNOGS you have access to more than 3000 active satellites orbiting Earth. You can search the entire DB by satellite name or by NORAD catnum.
Satellite positions and passes are calculated relative to your location. To get reliable info make sure to set the observation position using GPS or QTH Locator in the Settings menu.
The application is built using Kotlin, Coroutines, Architecture Components and Jetpack Navigation. It is now and always will be completely ad-free and open-source.
– Predicting satellite positions and passes for up to 4 days (96 hours)
– Showing the list of currently active and upcoming satellite passes
– Showing the active pass progress, polar trajectory and transceivers info
– Showing the satellite positional data, footprint and ground track on a map
– Custom TLE data import is available via files with TXT or TLE extensions
– Offline first: calculations are made offline. Weekly update of TLE data is recommended.”