If you are looking for the Best Android Screen Rotation App to download for free, look no further.
Our expert panel of reviewers has tested dozens of apps and we have compiled a list of the 6 Best Android Screen Rotation App that passed our tests.
Check out our list of the 6 Best Android Screen Rotation App, tried and tested by our expert reviewers.
6 Best Android Screen Rotation App
1. Rotation Control
You also can prevent the other application from changing screen orientation.
The following rotation modes are available.
– Guard: this application prevents the other application from changing screen orientation.
– Auto Rotation: screen orientation is determined by a physical orientation sensor.
– Portrait: the screen is in a portrait orientation.
– Portrait (Reverse): the screen is in a portrait orientation; the opposite direction from normal portrait.
– Portrait (Sensor): the screen is in a portrait orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
– Landscape: the screen is in a landscape orientation.
– Landscape (Reverse): the screen is in a landscape orientation; the opposite direction from normal landscape.
– Landscape (Sensor): the screen is in a landscape orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
* Depending on the device, you may not be able to use several modes.
* If “Guard” mode is active, you cannot click “install” button when you want to install an application. When you want to install an application, you should inactivate “Guard” mode or this application.”
2. Screen Rotation Control
You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
– 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
– Specify the auto rotation screen
– All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
– Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
– Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
– Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)”
3. control screen rotation
Control your screen orientation very easily from your device notification bar.
Prevent screen auto rotation and choose the screen orientation that you want with any application
Sensor orientation (auto rotation)
PLEASE NOTICE THAT:
Some screen orientations may not available in some devices
4. Ultimate Rotation Control
This 7-day trial version allows you to fully evaluate the app. Afterwards you can obtain a license via Google Play.
This app uses Accessibility services. These services are used to determine the current foreground application via the TYPE_WINDOW_STATE_CHANGED event to allow per-app orientation settings. This allows users with disabilities to keep the screen in the preferred orientation.
The “Forced Auto” mode for example is very handy on tablets where some apps force portrait mode while you are holding the screen “upside down”. It also allows using the launchers many devices in landscape mode. Some launchers will have the bottom row of icons cut off or other display issues, this is not something I can fix unfortunately. For a device like NVIDIA SHIELD it allows you to use most apps in landscape even if they normally do not work in landscape.
– True orientation lock
– Forced automatic rotation
– Per application settings
– Two widgets and a status bar notification with shortcut buttons for easily changing your rotation preference
– Ability to create shortcuts to specific modes
– Can act as Tasker / Locale plugin to automate your screen orientation setting
– Auto: normal automatic mode, not overriding app preferences
– Forced Auto: automatic mode, but overriding other app preferences!
– 3/4 Forced: automatic mode overriding other app preferences (only portrait, landscape and reverse landscape, NOT reverse portrait; this only works on phones, not on tablets)
– Lock: truly locks the screen in the current orientation
– Portrait: truly lock the screen in portrait
– Landscape: truly lock the screen in landscape
– Reverse Portrait: truly lock the screen in reverse portrait
– Reverse Landscape: truly lock the screen in reverse landscape
– Auto Portrait: automatically select between portrait and reverse portrait
– Auto Landscape: automatically select between landscape and reverse landscape
– Manual: normal manual mode, not overriding app preferences
– This is a 7-day trial version. If you want to continue using this app after this period you need to buy “Rotation Control (License)” from the Android Market.
– This app does NOT require root access.
– Certain applications might not display properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape. You can set a per application preference to normal auto or manual mode to workaround these issues.
– Auto and Reverse Portrait and Landscape supported from Android version 2.3 (Gingerbread)
– Status bar notification direct shortcuts supported from Android version 3.0 (Honeycomb)”
5. Rotation Control Pro
Recommended for people who:
– Want to use their smartphone home screen in landscape mode
– Want to use landscape mode games or video apps in portrait mode
– Want to always use their tablet in landscape mode
– Want to switch between fixed orientations with one tap via the status bar
Can configure the rotation of the screen.
Control the rotation of the screen easily from the notification bar.
►Per App rotation settings
Can configure different rotations for each apps.
Rotates to your preset screen orientation upon starting the application.
Returns to the original screen orientation on closing the application.
►Special case settings
Detects when chargers or earphones are connected and rotates to your preset screen orientation.
Returns to the original screen orientation when they are removed.
You can check this app’s functions and operations with a free trial.
Please check the functions and operations by free trial before you buy.
Automatic : the screen rotates based on a sensor.
Landscape : the screen is fixed to a horizontal orientation.
Landscape (Reverse) : the screen is fixed horizontal upside down.
Landscape (Auto) : rotates automatically to a horizontal orientation based on a sensor.
Portrait : the screen is fixed to a vertical orientation.
Portrait (Reverse) : the screen is fixed vertical upside down.
Portrait (Auto) : rotates automatically to a vertical orientation based on a sensor.
* Some of the direction of rotation may not correspond depending on device specifications. This is not an issue with the app.
This app uses accessibility service.
This is used to detect when an app is launched or closed and allows you to change the rotation actions for each app.
This information is not stored or shared.
【For OPPO users】
This app needs to run a service in the background to detect which app has started.
OPPO devices require special settings to operate app services in the background due to their unique specifications. (If you do not do this, services running in the background will be forcibly terminated, and the app will not operate properly.)
Please drag this app a little down from the recent apps history and lock it.
If you do not know how to set, please search for “OPPO task lock”.”
6. Rotation | Orientation Manager
“Rotation is a tool to manage the device orientation. It offers all the modes that Android supports and can be configured according to the apps or various events like call, lock, headset, charging and dock. Let’s give it a try to explore its other features.
• Auto-rotate on • Auto-rotate off
• Forced auto-rotate • Forced portrait • Forced landscape
• Reverse portrait • Reverse landscape • Sensor portrait • Sensor landscape
• Forced full sensor • Lock Current – Lock current orientation
• Call orientation • Lock orientation • Headset orientation
• Charging orientation • Dock orientation • App orientation
• Events priority – Customizable events preference in case of two or more events occur simultaneously.
# Change orientation of the foreground app or events with a fully customizable floating head (or notification or tile) available on the top of supported tasks.
• A dynamic theme engine with background-aware functionality to avoid any visibility issues.
• Start on boot • Notification • Vibration and more.
• Widgets, shortcuts and notification tiles to perform various operations.
# Rotation extension to automate over 40 actions via Locale / Tasker plugin.
• Quick setup to configure major features at once.
• Dedicated support section to troubleshoot general issues.
# Perform backup and restore operations to save and load the app settings.
Features marked with # are paid and Rotation Key is required to use them.
English, Deutsch, Español, Indonesia, Italiano, Português, Русский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体), 中文 (繁體)
Internet access – To display ads in free version.
Retrieve running apps – To detect foreground app.
Usage statistics (Android 5.0+) – To detect foreground app.
Modify system settings – To change display orientation settings.
Draw over other apps – To change foreground orientation.
Read device state and identity – To change the phone call orientation.
Run at startup – To start service when device boots up.
Control vibration – To vibrate device when orientation changes.
Modify USB storage (Android 4.3 and below) – To create and restore backup.
It uses an accessibility service to provide a better experience and to force the lock screen orientation on Android 8.0+ devices. It will not access window content or any other sensitive data.
Rotation > Conditions > Events > Accessibility.
– Buy Rotation Key for more features and to support the development.
– In case of bugs/issues, please contact me via email before making any review.
– Some apps might not work properly when forced to work in certain orientations. Use Auto-rotate on/off from conditions to use system settings for those apps.
– Reverse portrait is disabled on some Xiaomi (MIUI) devices with default launcher. Please try any other launcher (home screen) to make it work.
Android is a trademark of Google LLC.”